PDA

View Full Version : How long is your hair in your dreams at night?

leafygreens18
January 26th, 2020, 09:18 AM
At night when I dream my hair is WAY long. Last night I dreamed I worked in a toy store and my hair was waist length. Anyone else have long hair dreams?

Ylva
January 26th, 2020, 09:25 AM
My hair is usually its actual length when I dream of it - which is pretty rare.

Dark40
January 26th, 2020, 09:58 AM
Oh yeah, when I dream about my hair it's usually mid-thigh length.

TatsuOni
January 26th, 2020, 10:14 AM
I often dream that I accidentally cut it and it's around APL. I feel so devastaded until I realize that it's a dream and "return it to it's real length " :laugh: I'm almost always aware of the fact that I'm dreaming by the way.

leafygreens18
January 26th, 2020, 11:01 AM
I often dream that I accidentally cut it and it's around APL. I feel so devastaded until I realize that it's a dream and "return it to it's real length " :laugh: I'm almost always aware of the fact that I'm dreaming by the way.

I had a nightmare that I had a pixie cut a few weeks ago shudder:

gingerninja
January 26th, 2020, 11:12 AM
In any of my dreams my hair is either knee or floor length both of which are my long term hair goals, if i'm having a particularly bad nightmare then it's been cut lopsided to about collarbone length which immediately wakes me up just to make sure it isn't real.

gustavonut
January 26th, 2020, 12:12 PM
My hair varies in length in dreams. Sometimes it’s shoulder length, and sometimes it’s my goal length bcl.

BraidedBunch
January 26th, 2020, 12:31 PM
I had a nightmare last night that I cut my hair into a sort of A line bob but REALLY short in the back and just collarbone strands in the front with eyebrow bangs. And dyed it black. I was crying and trying to find a wig ASAP.

Usually I don't have those kinds of dreams but since I discovered my hair is thinner than I thought yesterday I had a bit of negativity going.

Normally my hair is shoulder in my dreams which is weird because I've never had it shoulder, except for a short time last year.

*Wednesday*
January 26th, 2020, 12:36 PM
Honestly, in my dreams,my attention is never brought to my hair unless I'm actually dreaming about it and my dream focal point is my hair. Usually when I'm dreaming about it, it leans on the side of a nightmare. I've cut it off really short and it's dyed blonde or some horrendous color. I then awaken and am glad it was just a dream:joy:

lapis_lazuli
January 26th, 2020, 12:44 PM
I don't have many dreams involving my hair but I did the other night, just as long as in real life. I dreamt I was walking with it loose through heavy snowfall that speckled the entire length.
When I woke up and learned it was a dream, in that post-sleep daze I questioned if my long hair was also part of the dream... :confused: Then I came back to reality. :)

ExpectoPatronum
January 26th, 2020, 01:07 PM
I've never paid attention to the length of my hair in my dreams. I'm interested in paying attention now though.

lakhesis
January 26th, 2020, 01:45 PM

This, except I am not aware of the fact that it is only a dream and I wake up so sad and angry about it :D

Dee94
January 26th, 2020, 02:57 PM
This is a good thread, haha. I like this. When I have a dream about my hair, it always seems to be about hip or TBL. I hope one day I can get there.

RunOnCaffeine
January 26th, 2020, 03:50 PM
It's my true length, apart from the rare times I do something silly with it and I'm devastated, until I realise I'm dreaming.

My best friend with the lovely thick tailbone hair though, I keep dreaming of her with knee length hair. I don't know if she wants it that long, but that's the length it keeps being in my head.

cjk
January 26th, 2020, 04:24 PM
Often buzzed or skinned.

Though I love my long hair, there are times I miss the cueball.

Entangled
January 26th, 2020, 05:07 PM
The only time I dream about it is when I dream I’ve cut it. Then, every time I think about it or see it it gets shorter by a milestone and often gets weirdly choppy layers and I panic.

MusicalSpoons
January 26th, 2020, 05:48 PM
Unless it's a hair dream/nightmare (they're usually nightmares, let's face it) I have no idea. Probably my true length because I assume it's bunned just like in real life :lol:

In my hair nightmares it used to start off at knee or calf (before it was that long), and now it starts off around there but I don't usually pay attention exactly where, so likely just my true length.

Zesty
January 26th, 2020, 05:56 PM
If I'm aware of my hair in a dream it's usually because I've made a bad decision and chopped it to chin/shoulder, as others have said. :p

Dark40
January 26th, 2020, 06:57 PM
This is a good thread, haha. I like this. When I have a dream about my hair, it always seems to be about hip or TBL. I hope one day I can get there.

Yes, thiis is a good thread, Haha...I like this too. Yeah, me too also have dreams of having hip or TBL hair too. I'm also hoping that I can get there someday too.

Elodea
January 26th, 2020, 08:05 PM
I don't think I've ever specifically dreamed about my own hair -- if I am in the dream, my hair is just how it actually is. I think maybe once I dreamed that I had gotten a haircut but I don't remember the specifics, though it wasn't a haircut nightmare type thing. Although I have had dreams that emphasized other people's hair.

SleepyTangles
January 27th, 2020, 06:26 AM
Weird but I don't dream myself often, and I rarely remember. I'm an avid daydreamer, tough ;) .

jane_marie
January 27th, 2020, 06:37 AM
The length of my hair is very static in my dreams. SOmetimes it's very short others it's very long and it often changes during one scene of the dream to the next without being the focus.

Jaeie
February 2nd, 2020, 11:47 PM
My hair in a good dream is around APL/BSL.

My hair in a nightmare is either where it’s at now, or chin.

Horror!

Hexana
February 3rd, 2020, 03:57 AM
When I dream about my hair, it's down to my butt and with curls ;)
But in other types of dreams I don't remember, because the focus is on something else than hair

luzimerka
February 8th, 2020, 08:53 PM
Last night it was floating above me, which was a little strange....:crazyq:
Generally though it's at my chin.

TechnoticEyes
February 8th, 2020, 09:50 PM
I dream all the time! Most of the time it is at my current length but sometimes it's at TBL and I LOVE it! I do have the occasional nightmare where it gets cut off though... :couch:

TatsuOni
February 9th, 2020, 05:00 AM

Inspired by this thread I changed it up last night! I dreamt that I had by accident chopped it to shoulder length and I at once realized that it was a dream. So I thought that "Alright! It sounds fun to dream about longer hair, like some poeple wrote in that LHC thread", so I "grew it" to knee and I liked it a lot!" :rolling:

unheardletters
February 9th, 2020, 05:11 AM
I don’t see myself when I’m dreaming, unless I see myself in a mirror in my dream. I only remember that happening once, a few months ago in my dream I was trying on clothes in a store and saw myself in the mirror. I had fingertip length hair, which was my goal at the time.

pixelchu
February 9th, 2020, 05:43 AM
Funnily enough I have never noticed my hair in any dreams or nightmares. I have nightmares every night but my hair doesn't even play a part in them!

Reyn127
February 9th, 2020, 12:24 PM
Inspired by this thread I changed it up last night! I dreamt that I had by accident chopped it to shoulder length and I at once realized that it was a dream. So I thought that "Alright! It sounds fun to dream about longer hair, like some poeple wrote in that LHC thread", so I "grew it" to knee and I liked it a lot!" :rolling:

This is sooo funny! How cool, hehe.

I don't dream much, but from what I can remember, my hair usually isn't as long as in real life - maybe about waist/hip. Basically the length it was when I stopped wearing it down regularly. BUT, I have had a handful of dreams turned nightmares where I confidently chop it off to a bob, only to start regretting it and freaking out in the dream. Luckily it's never been real.

Natalia_A00
February 9th, 2020, 01:57 PM
Now that I think about it, it's usually a little shorter than my current length. Maybe my brain is still processing how long my hair has gotten? Sometimes I'm like "wow yep, it's really long now that I'm looking at it". Maybe I'm not fully aware

0xalis
February 9th, 2020, 03:57 PM
Last time it was around APL, and I realized I was dreaming so I started stretching it down to waist lol. In my dreams if I just pull on my hair and will it to it gets longer.
I had a dream my hair was around shoulder length before I decided to start growing again, and was stunned that it grew so fast :p
It varies from dream to dream. Most of the time it's longer than it is now but not my goal length.
My nightmares are lice dreams :tmi:

Bill D.
February 9th, 2020, 04:46 PM
When I had longer hair as a young man (down to my waist) I would very occasionally have bad dreams that I had cut my hair short. I would be so glad to wake up and find I still had my long hair!

Now with hair that's a bit below my shoulders, far shorter than I want it, I very occasionally have dreams that it's far longer, sometimes below my waist. These dreams make me so happy!

C_Bookworm
February 9th, 2020, 08:11 PM
Somewhere between MBL or waist. My brain definitely hasn’t caught up to my actual hair length.

Dutchbraids
February 9th, 2020, 09:13 PM
In my dreams I'm the witch from The Forbidden Kingdom. I know she's a bad guy, but it would seriously be amazing to be able to do that with my hair!
I can dream...

poojasilk
February 12th, 2020, 07:34 AM
Last night I had a dream that I woke up and went to the mirror to comb my hair and it was hip length!! And then actually woke up..😭

Hexen
February 12th, 2020, 08:06 AM
The memories of my dreams are strangely entagled with what I consider real experiences.
Therefor sometimes I have a difficult time distinguishing between the two.

iforgotmylogin
February 12th, 2020, 08:18 AM
Hex you are a gem

Hexen
February 12th, 2020, 08:39 AM
Thank you my friend.
Perhaps only a gem in the rough though.
But that being said, ...I would have to say that the old adage, "It takes one to know one"....rings ever true.
:beercheer:

ArtOfNoot
September 2nd, 2020, 04:20 AM
In my dreams I either have my hair at collarbone length (if it's not a hair dream) or literally too long to comprehend (if it is a hair dream)

Feral_
September 2nd, 2020, 05:20 AM
It’s my current length. However the other night I dreamt I found a huge bald spot on the right hand side of my head underneath my hair. Woke feeling very anxious and went to check!

Bri-Chan
September 2nd, 2020, 07:13 AM
Same that in the reality.

purple_omelette
September 2nd, 2020, 05:47 PM
Mine is usually mid thigh or knee if it's a hair dream 😊 I think somewhere between classic and knee might be my ideal length, and my dreams tell me that! But if it's not a hair dream specifically, I don't really notice my hair at all, so I don't know how long it is

0xalis
September 2nd, 2020, 06:25 PM
Usually when I dream that it's longer than it currently is, it's about collarbone length. Makes sense, because that's the most "recent" longish length I've had.
I do sometimes have dreams though where I can like pull on my hair and make it as long as I want! :D If only it worked like that in real life...

spidermom
September 2nd, 2020, 07:39 PM
I seldom see myself in my dreams because it's like real life; I'm behind my eyes looking out at my dreamscape, not looking in a mirror.

apollosdrawer
September 2nd, 2020, 09:45 PM
My hair is usually waist or thigh length in my dreams now. The funny thing is, every time I notice it I stop and think "that's a lot of growth! I really thought I was still at shoulder". Even in my crazy dreams, I know hair that long that fast makes no sense :p

0xalis
September 3rd, 2020, 01:02 AM
I seldom see myself in my dreams because it's like real life; I'm behind my eyes looking out at my dreamscape, not looking in a mirror.

Same here, the only time my hair has a role in my dreams Is when I look at myself in a mirror!

Philodendron
September 3rd, 2020, 03:08 PM
I only dreamed of my hair once. It was 2b/c waves which is absolutely not my texture. But I did enjoy these classic long waves. Unfortunately I woke up and felt a bit embarassed:rolleyes:. But dreams are dreams.

Dark40
September 3rd, 2020, 03:53 PM
It's my true length, apart from the rare times I do something silly with it and I'm devastated, until I realise I'm dreaming.

My best friend with the lovely thick tailbone hair though, I keep dreaming of her with knee length hair. I don't know if she wants it that long, but that's the length it keeps being in my head.

Yeah, I know what you mean!

I had a best friend in high school that had lovely thick bcl hair, and over the last 30 years I haven't seen her I've always dreamed of her having knee length or longer hair too. But, I don't know if she wants it that long though. I asked her one time, "How long is your hair?" and she replied back saying, "It's about mid back length." I also told her how much I admired her hair in high school, and she said, "Thank you!" She also said that she sometimes think about cutting it shorter. But that was 3 years ago.

sipnsun
September 3rd, 2020, 06:52 PM
I don't think that I've ever noticeably dreamed about my hair except once or twice in nightmares where I cut it off. I don't really remember what it looked like before I cut though, just really short afterwards.

Amy-Lee
October 1st, 2020, 05:35 AM
Instead of dreams, I usually have nightmares of someone cutting off all my hair.

Changling
December 12th, 2020, 03:19 PM
My hair is currently midneck length, but when I dream it is always at least APL to BSL

Lucy McLucyFace
December 12th, 2020, 03:56 PM
I had an unpleasant dream last night that I had been growing my hair out for years and years and it was only barely APL and I was staring at the mirror wondering what had gone wrong. Really weird dream, wish I'd dream that it's super long instead :couch:

ioanaxena
December 13th, 2020, 01:39 AM
In my dreams, my hair is either shoulder length or hip length :confused:. I don't really like the stages between those on myself, though I rather prefer to have APL+ hair than chin length because it's much easier to manage and I can braid it.

I guess that those dreams tell me to let my hair grow longer than my initial plan (I wanted to get to waist). But since it's still a long journey ahead, I'll try to stay patient and not change my goals 'officially'.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 13th, 2020, 03:35 AM
My hair doesn't generally feature in my dreams. One time I did dream about it being past knee length - that was before it was past knee length.

Feral_
December 13th, 2020, 04:26 AM
I have never dreamt about my hair :hmm:

Editing because last night I dreamt I got it wet. (I’m currently doing NWSO lol) And in said dream bizarrely although the top was wet, the underneath was bone dry so I wondered if I could get away with still being NW :D

Alexandrina
December 13th, 2020, 10:20 PM
Instead of dreams, I usually have nightmares of someone cutting off all my hair.

Eeek! :couch:

Alexandrina
December 13th, 2020, 10:20 PM
I have never dreamt about my hair :hmm:

Me either!
But I wish I had.. maybe I will think about dreaming about it, and it will happen lol idk

meepster
December 13th, 2020, 10:25 PM
Well, just the other day I dreamed that I was going bald the way a man would - front and top - with peach fuzz on that part of my scalp, and with curly frizzy black hair, about SL, sticking out wherever there still was hair on my scalp. I'm not sure what that means, if anything. :)

Carol92
December 15th, 2020, 10:19 PM
In my dreams it's around BSL, but I think it is because I had this length for most of my life.

Not my dream length, though. It would be classic.

cat11
December 16th, 2020, 08:14 AM
I don't usually think about my hair much in my dreams, but I had one the other day where my hair was definitely the same length in the dream as in real life, fingertip. There was a riot of angry people that broke into our office and I was worried about snapping hairs in the chaos -_-;

Six Seeds
December 16th, 2020, 02:10 PM
Last night I dreamt that I had my old hair length (BSL) but it was very curly. Like Tilly from Star Trek Discovery.

JasminxCat
December 16th, 2020, 09:49 PM
Shiny, silky, thick that has natural healthy fairytale ends at tailbone length... ahhh.....

Fitzpatrick
March 10th, 2021, 07:17 PM
After I cut my hair into a pixie, I had a dream that my hair was floor length. I woke myself up from my dream feeling for the long hair and coming up short on hair was a regrettable decision. Right now, I am currently at forty four inches and I don't ever want to cut my hair again! Not for any reason or person. I used to grow it out for locks of love but since becoming chronically ill eight years ago. I think I will grow my hair for myself!

Handel'sWig
March 10th, 2021, 07:20 PM
Shiny, silky, thick that has natural healthy fairytale ends at tailbone length... ahhh.....

SAME this is my goal 😍

ArtOfNoot
March 11th, 2021, 12:21 PM
After I cut my hair into a pixie, I had a dream that my hair was floor length. I woke myself up from my dream feeling for the long hair and coming up short on hair was a regrettable decision. Right now, I am currently at forty four inches and I don't ever want to cut my hair again! Not for any reason or person. I used to grow it out for locks of love but since becoming chronically ill eight years ago. I think I will grow my hair for myself!

Wow, dreams are powerful stuff.

The-Young-Maid
March 11th, 2021, 01:20 PM
A while ago I dreamed my hair was knee length lol It was definitely better than the impulsive haircut dream.

Fitzpatrick
March 11th, 2021, 05:59 PM
Correction, it was six years ago that I cut my hair into a pixie. I have been growing my hair since June of 2015.

Jo Ann
March 11th, 2021, 11:32 PM
Classic, straight as a stick, but plenty of volume (as in "full, very full)...go figure... :confused:

pisces1480
March 13th, 2021, 06:31 PM
I don't remember my hair in my dreams, but will pay more attention now!

qnlizbeth
March 18th, 2021, 02:50 PM
I don't remember my hair in my dreams, but will pay more attention now!

Seconded, I think my dreams are usually first-person so I never notice!