PDA

View Full Version : Shaune Bazner Studio -- Mei Fa hair sticks -- closing

Neoma
January 23rd, 2020, 09:52 AM
If you're a fan of Mei Fa hair sticks, you'll want to know that they're closing their virtual doors after over 40 years on February 20, 2020 (https://shaunebazner.com/collections/hair-sticks).

I have quite a few, including a pair that I bought in the early 80's at Bloomingdale's. I love their elegant toppers and the shape of the hair sticks, which hold my updos securely.

Shorty89
January 23rd, 2020, 10:05 AM
I haven't owned any Mei Fa sticks, but they are beautiful. It's sad that they're closing.

lapushka
January 23rd, 2020, 10:12 AM
Ah the end of an era. :( It's sad.

Never owned even one pair. It's not my cup of tea, TBH. Single sticks and even double never hold that well for me. I wear them on occasion, but it's rare.

Ylva
January 23rd, 2020, 10:16 AM
Thank you for the heads up!

I had a look around. They are beautiful but not my style. Very unique, though; they give me a sort of a far East vibe.

SleepyTangles
January 23rd, 2020, 10:28 AM
Very cute! Antiqued/rustic/bohemian is usually not the best on me but they ARE lovely pieces and very reasonably priced too.

embee
January 23rd, 2020, 11:00 AM
Yes, I got the notice and was sad. These are my favorites. I bought a pair (at a shop) in the late 80s when my hair was very short. I had plans. ; Then I bought a few more pairs (online) and shared with DD. MeiFa is my go-to stick - a single stick will hold all day for me. I hope what I have will last me the rest of my life.

sourgrl
January 23rd, 2020, 12:34 PM
While I'm not a fan of topped sticks (I put too much torque on my hair toys when I insert them) but I've always admired Mei Fa What a shame they're closing their doors.

Panthera
January 23rd, 2020, 01:12 PM
I have or had a pair of mei fa sticks, one of them snapped in half while putting my hair up. I've been thinking about getting another one, they're very beautiful. Maybe I'll get it while I still can. :hmm:

bparnell75
January 23rd, 2020, 01:14 PM
I have seen a few on ebay in the last cople of days.

enting
May 6th, 2020, 03:58 AM
The shape of her sticks are unique and hold my hair well, even though they're short. I own one pair with pearlized bead toppers which have the nacre looking coating coming off :( I wish I knew how to repair it since it looks unlikely that I'll replace them.