PDA

View Full Version : Faster growth proven method

Belgrade Beauty
January 22nd, 2020, 06:40 AM
Disclaimer: I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OR AN ADVOCATE FOR THIS FIRM OR THIS PARTICULAR PRODUCT AND I RECEIVE NO FINANCIAL OR OTHER GAIN BY WRITING THIS.
I have searched this product and found that only I mentioned it. I don't know if it is available where you are but the company that produces this works on the same principle as Avon or Oriflame. There is a catalog and you order it from one of the freelancers or become a member yourself. I order it from my acquaintance. Personally I was never interested in that kind of stuff and I remain a customer only, it's easier for me.
I don't know if I mentioned this but my hair grows so slow it shames a slug. Honestly. It was a great frustration of mine for years. I could never grow it past armpit ever. Splits come up and they piss me off so I go to a hairdresser and he cuts everything that has grown from my last visit. FRUSTRATION FRUSTRATION FRUSTRATION
In one of those frustrating moments I decided to cut my armpit length to shoulder length because I dyed my hair and it was so dry full of splits and I hated it.
Monthes have passed(march to august) and my hair has grown 1 inch. And then my neighbor came so we can have a cup of coffee. I admired her midback hair and she then said to me what she used and that her hair grows like crazy,she doesn't want it longer than armpit and she has to go more often to the hairdresser to redye it and cut it,she complaint how much it cost her. We discussed it ,that product, and I was way to skeptical. Like you can use a shampoo and your hair will just grow like crazy. That sounds ridiculous. Seriously ridiculous. But since I had nothing to lose and the shampoo costs about 5$ for 500ml I decided to give it a go. In the first month of use my hair grew 1.5cm. I couldn't believe it. Still I was skeptical but I continued to use it and I started to use castor (ricin) oil once a week on my roots, I read and heard it can stimulate new hair growth so I gave it a go.
I decided not to cut my hair until it grows to a length of my goal which at a time was waist I think. This advice of "no cuts no matter how damaged it is" I got from my cousin (We here in Serbia call our cousins sister and brother from our aunts and uncles). She had always waist length as well as her daughters who were at a time my idols as far as hair goes.
After a year of use (summer 2019) my hair was 30 cm longer. I have never in my entire life had a hair that long.
Ofcourse I had splits and I decided to cut of 5cm (2inch).
And after 6 monthes another 2cm. Etc.
Now, I only cut splits when I see them, I haven't visited a hairdresser in a year (last time was january 2019 ,my good friend is a hair dresser and since I only cutted it by myself I went so she can fix it if it is uneven etc, and she cut I think about 2-3cm).
My partner cutted it twice with a buzz cuter because I don't yet posses a good pair of scissors so I figured it would be less damage with a buzz cuter than with paper scissors.
Any how, my shoulder length went to a mid back as you can see on my profile photo (I have no idea how to set an avatar :( ) for 1.5 years with 6 cuts in total of 12 or more centimeters if not more, I wasn't keeping a record tbt.
Why I'm writing this? I know a lot of you yearn for a longer hair as fast as possible. You all have your routines. And some of you helped me a lot with your advices since I came here about two weeks ago. I want to give you something in return. I don't promise it will work for you, but for me it is literally magic,because my hair just won't grow by itself. It needs some stimulus. And if it made my hair grow( that stubborn little ass), I bet yours will grow twice as fast.
The shampoo I was talking about is Farmasi's Dr. T Cuna Garlic and Capixyl Shampoo. I swear by it. I use it every time I wash,as last wash massage it in my scalp and let it do its magic for 3-5 mins. Now some will probably say it is the massage that works. It is not. I tested it, I didn't use the shampoo for 2 monthes and I did massage my scalp while washing with regular shampoo. I don't have a clue why it works, I haven't investigated like a crazy person. I did read the list of ingredients and I looks pretty much normal except the garlic and capixyl. This shampoo is advertised in preventing and helping with hair loss. I have never ever found a shampoo that can do that. I am not a child to believe fairytales. I know that there are only a few ways to stop and regrow lost hair and shampoos are not a way to do that. I urge you to try it, with best intentions in my heart. If I ever participate in swaps and gift giving this is the first thing I will send to my fellow hair princess.
I would attach a photo of the bottle but I don't have a permition to do that,but you can find it in my profile in 2020 Stash album.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I hope a lot of you will find the patience to read this and what I'm proposing. To help you would be the best reward. :blossom::blossom::blossom:

Dark40
January 22nd, 2020, 08:14 AM
I really enjoyed reading your story but I don't believe in these gemics. I really truly wish that there were products out there that make your hair grow fast like crazy! I had a girlfriend in high school that had hip length/tailbone length hair when me and her first met in 1986. When we both met in 1986 her hair's texture was naturally curly. I would say her hair type is 2c/3a, and it's very thick too. That's also my hair type as well! We are both hair twins! And, at the beginning of the 1987 school year she came to school with pin-straight hair like she had gotten it relaxed or straightened some kind of way. I was in total shock! It was gorgeous! And, when we first met I did not see an ounce of split ends on her hair. During the 1987 school year every single day her hair would always appear so neatly cut or trimmed. After she got her hair relaxed or straightened in which whatever way she got it straightened I never saw any damage or splits on her hair. It looked like to me that she was keeping her hair trimmed very often. Like, every month or so, and I noticed 2 or 3 months after the 1987 school year started she had went through the, "Big chop." She chopped off about 3 or 4 inches of hair from hip length/tailbone length. But I hadn't seen her for 3 months, and I noticed within a 3 month period her hair had grown all of the way back down to her hips/tailbone again! I was in total shock! I asked myself, "What is she doing or taking to make her hair grow like crazily fast?" Then, I figured that she just has super fast growing hair!

Belgrade Beauty
January 22nd, 2020, 08:53 AM
I really enjoyed reading your story but I don't believe in these gemics. I really truly wish that there were products out there that make your hair grow fast like crazy! I had a girlfriend in high school that had hip length/tailbone length hair when me and her first met in 1986. When we both met in 1986 her hair's texture was naturally curly. I would say her hair type is 2c/3a, and it's very thick too. That's also my hair type as well! We are both hair twins! And, at the beginning of the 1987 school year she came to school with pin-straight hair like she had gotten it relaxed or straightened some kind of way. I was in total shock! It was gorgeous! And, when we first met I did not see an ounce of split ends on her hair. During the 1987 school year every single day her hair would always appear so neatly cut or trimmed. After she got her hair relaxed or straightened in which whatever way she got it straightened I never saw any damage or splits on her hair. It looked like to me that she was keeping her hair trimmed very often. Like, every month or so, and I noticed 2 or 3 months after the 1987 school year started she had went through the, "Big chop." She chopped off about 3 or 4 inches of hair from hip length/tailbone length. But I hadn't seen her for 3 months, and I noticed within a 3 month period her hair had grown all of the way back down to her hips/tailbone again! I was in total shock! I asked myself, "What is she doing or taking to make her hair grow like crazily fast?" Then, I figured that she just has super fast growing hair!
I don't know what gemics means, from the context I would conclude it means myths?
I am a person as you could read above that has slug speed hair. I couldn't grow it. I tried everything including baking soda that just made it harder and dryer and made me ruin it when I brushed it.
I know there are people in the world(I know a few myself) that can cut whatever and whenever they want and it regrows superfast. Myself,I could never do that. And for all of us that can't grow it long without any 'supplements' I wrote this.
I just really want to share this because many people don't know anything about that brand or shampoo, and I just thought it may help someone else as it did me. I intend to stay here a long long time and help fellow growing knights in any way I can. I'm not saying you're gonna wake up tomorrow with three inches longer hair but it does double the speed of growth. If I haven't tried it I wouldn't say anything. I only write about products that did help me personally all the other I don't even mention. I am truly amazed it works. To this day I have no logical explanation why. It just does :D And thank god it does :)

Belgrade Beauty
January 22nd, 2020, 09:32 AM
Quick update: I just found it on E-Bay. Somebody is selling it at $16.90!!! Unbelievable! I buy it at a price of 5$ per bottle and I buy two bottles that last me about 6 months or so! Someone is making serious gains of this....:O

jane_marie
January 22nd, 2020, 09:46 AM
First off, congratulations on your increased growth!

That said, correlation does not always equal causation. I believe it's possible that applying something to your scalp that increases blood flow might increase hair growth slightly. Things like peppermint oil and concentrated coffee solutions come to mind but I have no evidence. I have heard that regular scalp massages also help a tiny bit.

That said, largely I don't think that a shampoo has that power.

I would venture to guess that there is some other explanation for your increased growth. Maybe you are eating more healthily, working out, keeping your hair protected more often or not experimenting as much with potentially harmful concoctions like baking soda.

In my experience many women go through what seems like a lull in growth around shoulder length. However, it's not actually that the hair is growing especially slowly. It's just that they wear their hair down which means that the hair is constantly enduring friction when it rubs against the shoulders. That causes the hair to split, dry out, and eventually break.

All that said, it's awesome that your hair has made it past its stall. I know we are all looking forward to longer hair and it's great when that happens.

Belgrade Beauty
January 22nd, 2020, 09:51 AM
First off, congratulations on your increased growth!

That said, correlation does not always equal causation. I believe it's possible that applying something to your scalp that increases blood flow might increase hair growth slightly. Things like peppermint oil and concentrated coffee solutions come to mind but I have no evidence. I have heard that regular scalp massages also help a tiny bit.

That said, largely I don't think that a shampoo has that power.

I would venture to guess that there is some other explanation for your increased growth. Maybe you are eating more healthily, working out, keeping your hair protected more often or not experimenting as much with potentially harmful concoctions like baking soda.

In my experience may women go through what seems like a lull in growth around shoulder length. However, it's not actually that the hair is growing especially slowly. It's just that they wear their hair down which means that the hair is constantly enduring friction when it rubs against the shoulders. That causes the hair to split, dry out, and eventually break.

All that said, it's awesome that your hair has made it past it's stall. I know we are all looking forward to longer hair and it's great when that happens.

Thank you! I am very happy with my progress. I expect with this routine I'll reach my hip goal by the end of the year :)

Shorty89
January 22nd, 2020, 10:07 AM
If it works for you, that's great, but there isn't any miracle cure/recipe for faster hair growth unless you have a vitamin deficiency. I would be leery of using a multi-level marketing product since they are known to be difficult to make money with and often cause people to lose vast amounts of money. Plus, they tend to have shady business practices. Just my two cents.

Belgrade Beauty
January 22nd, 2020, 10:16 AM
If it works for you, that's great, but there isn't any miracle cure/recipe for faster hair growth unless you have a vitamin deficiency. I would be leery of using a multi-level marketing product since they are known to be difficult to make money with and often cause people to lose vast amounts of money. Plus, they tend to have shady business practices. Just my two cents.

I'm sorry I didn't understand this " I would be leery of using a multi-level marketing product since they are known to be difficult to make money with and often cause people to lose vast amounts of money."? Can you simplify? I'm a non native user of English. And what did you spent 2 cents on?

Shorty89
January 22nd, 2020, 10:22 AM
I'm sorry I didn't understand this " I would be leery of using a multi-level marketing product since they are known to be difficult to make money with and often cause people to lose vast amounts of money."? Can you simplify? I'm a non native user of English. And what did you spent 2 cents on?

Oh, I'm sorry. Two cents is an expression that means that's just what I think.

As for the first sentence, I'll rephrase. :) I would use these products with caution because people who sell these products (Avon, Mary Kay, Farmasi etc.) often spend more money than they earn and end up losing money. Basically, they have to buy lots of product (shampoo, conditioner etc) that they will never be able to sell. These companies also often make you buy a certain amount of stuff monthly or pay them a monthly fee to be able to continue selling their product.

catoala
January 22nd, 2020, 10:22 AM

Apperantly, I am not allowed to write in any other language other than English..

Anyway, you can't make your hair grow any faster, firstly it grows from the top, not from the ends, secondly, the oil can't penetrate like that, so any kind of oil won't work (except coconut, that is another story)... if you lack vitamins, taking them will show on hair, but otheriwse no. This is a quite nonsense.

neko_kawaii
January 22nd, 2020, 10:25 AM

As for the first sentence, I'll rephrase. :) I would use these products with caution because people who sell these products (Avon, Mary Kay, Farmasi etc.) often spend more money than they earn and end up losing money. Basically, they have to buy lots of product (shampoo, conditioner etc) that they will never be able to sell. These companies also often make you buy a certain amount of stuff monthly or pay them a monthly fee to be able to continue selling their product.

They are also defined in some places as pyramid schemes and are illegal.

Belgrade Beauty
January 22nd, 2020, 10:29 AM
Kosa ne može rasti više od 1-2cm mjesečno. Nijedno ulje (osim kokosovog) ne ulaze u strukturu dlake, te ti kosa raste iz korijena, ne iz vrhova - nemoguće je natjerati kosu da ti raste brže. ;)

Stvar je u tome da je moja rasla pola centrimetra mesecno dok mi kumica nije rekla za ovaj sampon. Veruj mi ja sam najveci skeptik na svetu ali samo sam to koristila i dobila skoro 40 cm kose za godinu i 7 meseci. Nije mi namera losa zaista,samo zelim da podelim ovo jer je za mene rudnik zlata koji mi je pomogao vise nego ista. Sad mi raste 2 cm mesecno. Ne mogu ti opisati koliko sam srecna...A ne radim za njih pritom uvek smaram drugaricu iz osnovne da mi narucuje,ne mogu ja da se bakcem sa tim stvarima :D Kad budu razmene poslacu nekome neka proba,mozda se desi isto sto i meni. Volela bih da se desi isto sto i meni :O
The thing is my hair grew 0.5 cm a month until my neighbor told me about this shampoo. Believe me I'm the biggest skeptic in the world but it's the oly thing I used I got almost 40cm of hair in a year and 7 months. My intents were not malicious really, I just wanted to share this because it is a gold mine that helped me more than anything else. Now my hair grows 2cm a month. I can't tell you how happy I am. And I'm not working for them,I'm always boring my friend from childhood to order it for me, I don't like wasting my time on stuff like that (Meaning working for those catalog companies etc) :D When I participate in a swap I'll send it to someone to try it out,maybe same thing happens. I would like that the same thing happens. :O

Belgrade Beauty
January 22nd, 2020, 10:35 AM

The thing is,I don't do the sale and I'm not in contact with the company that produces the line. I found it by pure accident. I was also suspicions of it and did a pach test first. You know how cheap cosmetics can make more damage than good. So I was careful as much as one can be. And here I am amazed with it. My hair grew about 0.5cm per month and now it's 2cm per month. I;m just happy and wanted to share my results and discovery in case someone else somewhere would try it. Best intentions in my heart I swear it. The comments are as I expected but I will gift one bottle when I participate in some swap or gift giving here,still not sure how it works :)

Belgrade Beauty
January 22nd, 2020, 10:36 AM
They are also defined in some places as pyramid schemes and are illegal.

You mean this is how these catalog companies work?

MusicalSpoons
January 22nd, 2020, 01:56 PM
My Mum used to be an Avon representative and did quite well with it until online shopping became more common. It was a legitimate way of making a little extra money that we desperately needed - basically the more orders she had, the cheaper the stock was. (Maybe the way it works has changed, I don't know. She couldn't afford to buy stuff up front other than sometimes a few samples.) Nowadays I wouldn't recommend it though unless you already know lots of people who specifically buy the types of things that such companies sell.

(Also I have a couple of friends who currently work for a completely different company that works in a similar way; again it's a legitimate way of making a little extra money and I believe it's actually a US-based company. But again, no advance ordering of stock so no losses if it doesn't sell. They've actually managed to make a livable income from it - but I'm still not recommending it because it's never guaranteed.)

Anyway, it's an interesting experience and I'm glad you wanted to share it with us Belgrade Beauty - though you'll have to forgive our collective skepticism :wink:
Personally I'd prefer to eat my garlic, though just because I love the stuff, not because of the smell - I can actually smell it on my face cloth if I've been eating lots of it :laugh:

Dark40
January 22nd, 2020, 03:29 PM
I don't know what gemics means, from the context I would conclude it means myths?
I am a person as you could read above that has slug speed hair. I couldn't grow it. I tried everything including baking soda that just made it harder and dryer and made me ruin it when I brushed it.
I know there are people in the world(I know a few myself) that can cut whatever and whenever they want and it regrows superfast. Myself,I could never do that. And for all of us that can't grow it long without any 'supplements' I wrote this.
I just really want to share this because many people don't know anything about that brand or shampoo, and I just thought it may help someone else as it did me. I intend to stay here a long long time and help fellow growing knights in any way I can. I'm not saying you're gonna wake up tomorrow with three inches longer hair but it does double the speed of growth. If I haven't tried it I wouldn't say anything. I only write about products that did help me personally all the other I don't even mention. I am truly amazed it works. To this day I have no logical explanation why. It just does :D And thank god it does :)

Yes, you are right....that gemics means myths! I understood what I read of what you said but this the first time I've ever heard of some shampoo speeding up your hair growth. I agree with the others that it must have been you eating healthier, and the massaging stimulating hair growth. Because, I do the, "Inversion Method," once a month, and I've noticed that my hair growth rate has increased as well! :D

AutobotsAttack
January 22nd, 2020, 03:40 PM
I find it funny that people are willing to buy products, instead of understanding FOR FREE how to improve their hair growth. Your hair, nails, and anything else that is a byproduct of your body’s functions, boils down to your metabolism. Hair growth is genetic, and has a ceiling of sorts, but it does go through a yo-yo effect of slower or faster growth, and it’s largely dependent on your body’s metabolism.
Your metabolism is largely dependent on what you eat, or a lacktherof, your activity levels, and how much lean body mass (muscles in particular), you possess.

With that being said, you’re better off eating sufficient amounts of macro and micronutrients, progressively getting stronger with an actual weight training program, and building sufficient amounts of muscle mass that help your body run like a well oiled engine.

lapushka
January 22nd, 2020, 03:43 PM
Yes, you are right....that gemics means myths! I understood what I read of what you said but this the first time I've ever heard of some shampoo speeding up your hair growth. I agree with the others that it must have been you eating healthier, and the massaging stimulating hair growth. Because, I do the, "Inversion Method," once a month, and I've noticed that my hair growth rate has increased as well! :D

Just to say it's "gimmicks" not gemics. Just because she's a no-native speaker and different (inaccurate) spellings can have you so confused. Sorry Dark40, didn't just want to blatantly "correct" you but she's very much confused. :o

Dark40
January 22nd, 2020, 05:30 PM
Just to say it's "gimmicks" not gemics. Just because she's a no-native speaker and different (inaccurate) spellings can have you so confused. Sorry Dark40, didn't just want to blatantly "correct" you but she's very much confused. :o

Thank you, lapushka for correcting me on my spelling. :D Yes, it can have you confused it you're a no-native speaker and different (inaccurate) spellings can have you confused. It's okay. :o I bet she is confused. Bless her heart. :heart:

Kalamazoo
January 22nd, 2020, 05:45 PM
I have read several places that garlic increases hair growth, so I believe it works, even if my allergies make me afraid to try it myself.

Dark40
January 22nd, 2020, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I've heard from somewhere that the garlic supplements work but not "garlic shampoo."

Ylva
January 22nd, 2020, 10:41 PM
I find it funny that people are willing to buy products, instead of understanding FOR FREE how to improve their hair growth. Your hair, nails, and anything else that is a byproduct of your body’s functions, boils down to your metabolism. Hair growth is genetic, and has a ceiling of sorts, but it does go through a yo-yo effect of slower or faster growth, and it’s largely dependent on your body’s metabolism.
Your metabolism is largely dependent on what you eat, or a lacktherof, your activity levels, and how much lean body mass (muscles in particular), you possess.

With that being said, you’re better off eating sufficient amounts of macro and micronutrients, progressively getting stronger with an actual weight training program, and building sufficient amounts of muscle mass that help your body run like a well oiled engine.

Could you please explain more about how lean body mass helps with metabolism, or refer me to a reliable source of information on the subject? Is it the muscle itself or the lack of white fat? I am interested and haven't come across information about that yet.

YvetteVarie
January 22nd, 2020, 11:13 PM
Hi OP. When you started using the product, did you start doing something different with your hair regimen as well, like washing less or more, or using conditioner more? Because that may be the explanation to why your hair started retaining length better. I am also in the cynic's camp as I do not believe products increase hair growth. But I am glad you found something that works for you

EdG
January 22nd, 2020, 11:23 PM
The best advice is to eat a healthy diet. Any healthy diet will enable cell growth (including hair). :)

Being a guy, I have a very reliable means of tracking hair growth - my beard. It grows at a constant rate. I have never observed variations in growth rate.
Ed

Belgrade Beauty
January 23rd, 2020, 12:05 AM
Yeah, I've heard from somewhere that the garlic supplements work but not "garlic shampoo."

I have to, but since it actually has garlic in it,maybe that's why. And I googled that capixyl thing, it turns out it a big deal for hair all of a sudden...As far as my diet goes, I didn't eat healty and didn't exercise at all but that how my life routine is, I was skinny only for a breaf time in my life and my hair was pixie cut then. I was in my crazy exams preparations and had no time for any of it when I decided to start with the shampoo. I actually gain 30 pounds in this past year(2019).
As far as my hair routine goes I hadn't change a thing , I always conditioned the ends and washed every other or every three days.
And about English,I believe I'm C1 and most of you are C2, I understand almost all of it but those phrases you use sometimes are not in my vocabulary sadly. We never learned common phrases of different regions etc :) But thank you all for understanding and helping me with it you guys!

Belgrade Beauty
January 23rd, 2020, 12:10 AM
The best advice is to eat a healthy diet. Any healthy diet will enable cell growth (including hair). :)

Being a guy, I have a very reliable means of tracking hair growth - my beard. It grows at a constant rate. I have never observed variations in growth rate.
Ed

My partners hair and beard grow at a very fast rate. I cut his hair every Sunday. Its not the same as beard tho,beard grows faster somehow...especially if he shaves on a two day base..

Belgrade Beauty
January 23rd, 2020, 12:16 AM
My Mum used to be an Avon representative and did quite well with it until online shopping became more common. It was a legitimate way of making a little extra money that we desperately needed - basically the more orders she had, the cheaper the stock was. (Maybe the way it works has changed, I don't know. She couldn't afford to buy stuff up front other than sometimes a few samples.) Nowadays I wouldn't recommend it though unless you already know lots of people who specifically buy the types of things that such companies sell.

(Also I have a couple of friends who currently work for a completely different company that works in a similar way; again it's a legitimate way of making a little extra money and I believe it's actually a US-based company. But again, no advance ordering of stock so no losses if it doesn't sell. They've actually managed to make a livable income from it - but I'm still not recommending it because it's never guaranteed.)

Anyway, it's an interesting experience and I'm glad you wanted to share it with us Belgrade Beauty - though you'll have to forgive our collective skepticism :wink:
Personally I'd prefer to eat my garlic, though just because I love the stuff, not because of the smell - I can actually smell it on my face cloth if I've been eating lots of it :laugh:

Thank you so much for your kind response :) I have not expected anything less than skepticism , it does sound ridiculous :D I can't stand the smell or eat onion or garlic, I'm to sensitive to anything spicy so a little pepper in food makes my mouth burn...But I tried putting garlic juice on my scalp,it smelled for months when my hair was damp :rolleyes:

Panthera
January 23rd, 2020, 05:12 AM
Onion or garlic seem to be very popular right now. The most popular how to grow long hair-videos on youtube are all about onion and they have 20-30 million views. :D I don't really believe in things like that but I've never tried so who knows, maybe they do work.

lapushka
January 23rd, 2020, 08:23 AM
Thank you, lapushka for correcting me on my spelling. :D Yes, it can have you confused it you're a no-native speaker and different (inaccurate) spellings can have you confused. It's okay. :o I bet she is confused. Bless her heart. :heart:

I hope I didn't offend by doing so. :flower: Not my intention at all, Dark40! I am a non-native speaker myself, and sometimes phrases, and sayings and spelling can get you so confused, it's beyond belief. And the poster seemed to be quite confused already. So... :D We all were new and unsure at some point. :o

EdG
January 23rd, 2020, 09:03 AM
My partners hair and beard grow at a very fast rate. I cut his hair every Sunday. Its not the same as beard tho,beard grows faster somehow...especially if he shaves on a two day base.. I trim my beard every three weeks. During that time, it consistently grows 3/8th of an inch.

My beard and scalp hairs grow at about the same rate. Beard growth is easy to measure accurately.
Ed

gustavonut
January 23rd, 2020, 09:05 AM
So how does garlic make your hair grow quicker? Not saying it actually does. Is it the oil?

Belgrade Beauty
January 23rd, 2020, 11:24 AM
So how does garlic make your hair grow quicker? Not saying it actually does. Is it the oil?

I think it's added in a form of essence like a concentrated essential oil...Not sure tho.
Once again,best intentions in mind and my heart when sharing this, putting it out there in case someone is willing to try :)

lapushka
January 23rd, 2020, 11:30 AM
I think it's added in a form of essence like a concentrated essential oil...Not sure tho.
Once again,best intentions in mind and my heart when sharing this, putting it out there in case someone is willing to try :)

Well it's certainly not that expensive, so that's one thing. But actually getting a hold of the product might be something else entirely. For some it might be do-able whereas for most... not really.

Not that I believe in miracles. ;) :p

But we all have our favorites, favorite shampoos, conditioners, etc.

Whatever you're comfortable with, BB. If it works for you, don't mess with it. :thumbsup:

AutobotsAttack
January 25th, 2020, 11:50 AM
Could you please explain more about how lean body mass helps with metabolism, or refer me to a reliable source of information on the subject? Is it the muscle itself or the lack of white fat? I am interested and haven't come across information about that yet.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3661116/

You’re also welcome to read articles from TNation.com
It’s a training website, but it’s packed with information on how to properly train, which kinds of training programs, and eating properly, and enough to support muscle gains.

Nymiriel
January 25th, 2020, 02:00 PM
Onion or garlic seem to be very popular right now. The most popular how to grow long hair-videos on youtube are all about onion and they have 20-30 million views. :D I don't really believe in things like that but I've never tried so who knows, maybe they do work.

Yikes. I wouldn't want my hair to smell like onion or garlic but if it sounded like it actually worked I would feel so compelled to try it anyway!

Mostly I avoid youtube anymore these days though because most videos I find with hair growing tutorials are by genetically blessed beauties that have no clue what fine hair is like or how silly their advice is for it, or by people who actually have fine hair, but it's exactly 4.2 inches long, bleached and fried and just not at all inspiring confidence in whatever advice they might have to offer.

lapushka
January 25th, 2020, 02:41 PM
Yikes. I wouldn't want my hair to smell like onion or garlic but if it sounded like it actually worked I would feel so compelled to try it anyway!

Mostly I avoid youtube anymore these days though because most videos I find with hair growing tutorials are by genetically blessed beauties that have no clue what fine hair is like or how silly their advice is for it, or by people who actually have fine hair, but it's exactly 4.2 inches long, bleached and fried and just not at all inspiring confidence in whatever advice they might have to offer.

I think some brands do products with onion or rice water in them. They are gaining popularity. Especially on YT. So take it with a grain of salt, because you barely know when things are sponsored these days.

Belgrade Beauty
February 8th, 2020, 09:57 AM
I think some brands do products with onion or rice water in them. They are gaining popularity. Especially on YT. So take it with a grain of salt, because you barely know when things are sponsored these days.

I tracked my progress for the previous 4 months. 2cm per month exactly and I know cause I dyed with 'black henna' 28 September and my virgin growth is between 8 and 9 cm. :) So according to this result I used sewing meter and in a year (24cm) it will be tailbone length! I'll keep you all posted and ofc take photos. I am so frickin happy right now!!! AAAAAAAAAA :)

bparnell75
February 8th, 2020, 10:14 AM
I am going to try it on my ever thinning hair. Have ordered it from Amazon. I have see may testimonials for the wonders of garlic and castor oil. I have nothing to lose but $20.00. I usually spend $5.00 for shampoo anyway.

Belgrade Beauty
February 8th, 2020, 11:18 AM
I am going to try it on my ever thinning hair. Have ordered it from Amazon. I have see may testimonials for the wonders of garlic and castor oil. I have nothing to lose but $20.00. I usually spend $5.00 for shampoo anyway.

Oh goody!!! Keep me posted! I would love to know that my results replicated!
Thinning as falling out? :(

gustavonut
February 8th, 2020, 11:32 AM

Let us know how that goes!

Laurab
February 8th, 2020, 05:39 PM
I heard a theory that makes sense to me. Most things said to help your hair grow faster either
1. Fix some deficiency you have (vitamins)
2. Increase circulation
Or 3. Have some sort of anti fungal or antibacterial properties
I think garlic falls into that third category. It's very interesting stuff.

Kalamazoo
February 8th, 2020, 06:42 PM
I heard a theory that makes sense to me. Most things said to help your hair grow faster either
2. Increase circulation

Yes, and if you can do all three at once, THEN!!!

Jane99
February 8th, 2020, 08:50 PM
I believe garlic and onions are both high in sulphur which is good for health. MSM is touted for skin/hair health and is sulphur.

Belgrade Beauty
February 9th, 2020, 03:00 AM
2. Increase circulation

That makes sense I guess :D As long as it works ,I'm not complaining :D

MusicalSpoons
February 9th, 2020, 07:42 AM
I believe garlic and onions are both high in sulphur which is good for health. MSM is touted for skin/hair health and is sulphur.

The reasoning for this (as far as I understand - there could be more to it) is that hair is largely made up of cysteine and disulphide bonds are integral to the structure of hair. Of course, the only chance of sulphur helping is if the sulphur-containing compounds are absorbed through the skin, and I don't know if they are or not.

Laurab that does certainly make sense. They are not increasing the maximum potential growth rate, just removing barriers to reaching it. But if they work, then yes 'faster' is accurate when compared with before :)

0xalis
February 9th, 2020, 07:11 PM
I eat a LOT of garlic and onions, and my hair grows Just Above average.

Belgrade Beauty
February 13th, 2020, 10:43 AM
As I promised, first month into measuring:
https://prnt.sc/r1wu2r : if you zoom in you can see the January line I made on the shirt, but also my profile/avatar pic is from January 11th so you can compare elbow to hair line ( https://prnt.sc/r1wwaj ).
https://prnt.sc/r1wv28 : here you can see the lines January and the one I drew now.

Belgrade Beauty
February 13th, 2020, 10:45 AM
As I promised, first month into measuring:
https://prnt.sc/r1wu2r : if you zoom in you can see the January line I made on the shirt, but also my profile/avatar pic is from January 11th so you can compare elbow to hair line ( https://prnt.sc/r1wwaj ).
https://prnt.sc/r1wv28 : here you can see the lines January and the one I drew now.

Also, I will take pics every 11th in the month in this same shirt and mark the progress and share here :)

leayellena
February 14th, 2020, 01:07 AM
Also, I will take pics every 11th in the month in this same shirt and mark the progress and share here :)

did u trim in between growing?
some people have experienced the sides growing faster or the middle growing faster but not fairytaling (thin ends) until few years of no trims. some people must trim often because their hair fairytales too fast.
also, wearing different clothes doesn't show a good measurement on hair growth.
beware of tilting your head. even a quarter a cm can play a huge role on how long/short hair looks.
losing weight gives the appearance of longer hair.
you may have measuring during a growth splurt. some people measure during a stall and think their hair won't grow. some people don't even go trough stals, some people experience hair growing faster in the winter, some in summer. of course minimising damage (not wearing it down, no heat styling etc.) plays a huge role in how "fast" your hair grows. we take monthly pictures (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=151210) to observe how our hair grows. hair doesn't grow the same every year or every month. some people take monthly picutres to check out their hemline because they want to mentain it.
eating healthy: fruit and vegetables help a lot, but the Internet is full of "this product is the holy grail" and in the end it's like you shouldn't eat too much bananas... because? yeah eating a kg of bananas every day for a month is not good, but no sane person would do this.
and least but not last, you may have a faster than average hair growth. if so, congrats.

Belgrade Beauty
February 14th, 2020, 02:56 AM
did u trim in between growing?
some people have experienced the sides growing faster or the middle growing faster but not fairytaling (thin ends) until few years of no trims. some people must trim often because their hair fairytales too fast.
also, wearing different clothes doesn't show a good measurement on hair growth.
beware of tilting your head. even a quarter a cm can play a huge role on how long/short hair looks.
losing weight gives the appearance of longer hair.
you may have measuring during a growth splurt. some people measure during a stall and think their hair won't grow. some people don't even go trough stals, some people experience hair growing faster in the winter, some in summer. of course minimising damage (not wearing it down, no heat styling etc.) plays a huge role in how "fast" your hair grows. we take monthly pictures (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=151210) to observe how our hair grows. hair doesn't grow the same every year or every month. some people take monthly picutres to check out their hemline because they want to mentain it.
eating healthy: fruit and vegetables help a lot, but the Internet is full of "this product is the holy grail" and in the end it's like you shouldn't eat too much bananas... because? yeah eating a kg of bananas every day for a month is not good, but no sane person would do this.
and least but not last, you may have a faster than average hair growth. if so, congrats.

Nothing changed, if you read my first post in the thread you know my hair used to grow about 0.5cm per month before. Didn't trim,didn't change my diet, and certanly didn't lose weight :(
As for the change of clothes , I'm sorry I didn't took the first picture when I made the first line last time. :( I decided to measure and take photos after the other member decided to try the shampoo. I thought it grows 2cm per month as it did since I started using,but this month its 4cm. Don't know why exactly because I didn't change my routine in a year. I'm just happy with the results,cause it working,I'm doing everything I can to maintain it healthy, I S&D, I take a lot of care. Oiling the scalp once a week,shampoo 3 times a week. That's about it. :)

Belgrade Beauty
March 12th, 2020, 02:23 PM
March 11th : https://prnt.sc/rfhmp1
In an official measuring shirt: https://prnt.sc/rfhn2p
Shirt with meter: https://prnt.sc/rfhngb

Kalamazoo
March 12th, 2020, 02:37 PM
Congratulations, Belgrade Beauty! It looks like you've got some really good growth going on, & your hair looks so pretty!

ETA your measurements:
3.5 cm from January 11 to February 11
4.0 cm from February 11 to March 11

Very impressive! & I like your precision in measuring!

Siv
March 13th, 2020, 05:38 AM

Hey, sorry I'm way late to the game but I actually just had a class on this topic!

The way I understand it, your body needs a certain amount of energy to keep all parts going, and it's food that it converts into energy, right? Different parts of the body needs differing amounts of energy, e.g. the brain needs most of all. Now, when you loose weight by losing fat but not building muscle, your entire body is smaller so you need less energy to keep things going. When you get leaner by losing fat and building muscle, your muscles actually need more energy than your fat does (even when at rest), and your energy requirement will increase (i.e. you'll need to eat more). The more energy the body has to "process" (from food intake, to breaking it down into smaller parts in the gut, to transporting it to the cells for use, to filtering out waste etc. etc.) it has to do it at a higher rate, right? This is what increased metabolism is. So more muscle > more metabolism :) (I hope, if it's not, RIP my next exam)

Now, how higher metabolism leads to higher hair growth rate, I don't know. But anecdotally I, too, notice faster growth rate the more I work out!

Ylva
March 13th, 2020, 06:20 AM
Hey, sorry I'm way late to the game but I actually just had a class on this topic!

The way I understand it, your body needs a certain amount of energy to keep all parts going, and it's food that it converts into energy, right? Different parts of the body needs differing amounts of energy, e.g. the brain needs most of all. Now, when you loose weight by losing fat but not building muscle, your entire body is smaller so you need less energy to keep things going. When you get leaner by losing fat and building muscle, your muscles actually need more energy than your fat does (even when at rest), and your energy requirement will increase (i.e. you'll need to eat more). The more energy the body has to "process" (from food intake, to breaking it down into smaller parts in the gut, to transporting it to the cells for use, to filtering out waste etc. etc.) it has to do it at a higher rate, right? This is what increased metabolism is. So more muscle > more metabolism :) (I hope, if it's not, RIP my next exam)

Now, how higher metabolism leads to higher hair growth rate, I don't know. But anecdotally I, too, notice faster growth rate the more I work out!

Interesting, thank you very much for the explanation!

As a ketosis-person, I am actually burning my own fat for fuel in addition to dietary fat, so I wonder if that changes the picture in some manner. :hmm:

Siv
March 13th, 2020, 07:46 AM

As a ketosis-person, I am actually burning my own fat for fuel in addition to dietary fat, so I wonder if that changes the picture in some manner. :hmm:

Hmm, we've briefly gone over ketosis, but won't cover keto-diets until next semester, so I don't really have any insights on that yet unfortunately

Belgrade Beauty
March 13th, 2020, 11:01 AM
Congratulations, Belgrade Beauty! It looks like you've got some really good growth going on, & your hair looks so pretty!

ETA your measurements:
3.5 cm from January 11 to February 11
4.0 cm from February 11 to March 11

Very impressive! & I like your precision in measuring!

Thanks! I found a good routine and my hair is responding so well,growth vise. But I do wash it often,...Somehow that problem,I can't get rid off..:/ And I would love if I could wash once a week...Maybe when it grows enough I'll try some experimenting with fewer washes...
I try to be as objective as much as I can,cause of everyones skepticism. Same shirt,same position,same room,same photographer...:D

Kalamazoo
March 13th, 2020, 12:47 PM
Thanks! I found a good routine and my hair is responding so well,growth vise. But I do wash it often,...Somehow that problem,I can't get rid off..:/ And I would love if I could wash once a week...Maybe when it grows enough I'll try some experimenting with fewer washes...
I try to be as objective as much as I can,cause of everyones skepticism. Same shirt,same position,same room,same photographer...:D

I wash my hair less than once a week. My hair & skin are a lot less oily now than when I was younger. (I just turned 64.) The reasons for that are probably a combination of natural hormone levels, more natural hair care products & methods, and eating more naturally/healthily than I used to.

But I celebrate when my hair finally gets greasy enough to warrant washing, because it's my excuse for doing another hair masque. Maybe I'll get another growth spurt? But I feel like I need a certain quantity of my own sebum before my hair's ready for another growth treatment.

The skepticism. People will believe what they want to believe. Sometimes, some people will not be persuaded of the truth, no matter how much evidence is presented. It's extremely good of you to post your results, photos, & measurements. Thank you! Just don't let it get to you if nobody believes you. After all, you get to wear that fabulous, lusciously thick mane of yours for everyday real life. Your doubters get to wear their own manes, in whatever state they're in. And yes, it is painful to have one's honesty doubted when one has a lifelong habit of bending over backwards to be flat-footedly honest and true. Please forgive us for not taking you at your word. But then, you have to lay it down & get on with your own life. Great numbers of people simply choose not to accept the truth. It's one of those uncomfortable facts of life.

But I believe you!

Belgrade Beauty
April 11th, 2020, 09:01 AM
April 11th: http://prntscr.com/rxcdzi
Unfortunately, when I washed the white measures t-shirt, it got smaller and changed shape so I can't tell you the cm it grew this month,but compared to March when it just brushed (touched) waist, I think the difference is pretty visible. I will measure from waist down. Again I am sorry, I washed the shirt, it smelled so bad after two months..I had no idea it will screw it up completely. :(

erebus
April 11th, 2020, 09:50 AM
The only thing I'm aware of is Sanguisorba Officinalis root extract. There is a study about it here:

https://www.evolisproducts.com.au/content/MaedaStudy.pdf

The authors purport to have shown that this extract, when applied to the scalp, reduces hair loss and promotes growth by extending the anagen phase. It uses a fairly small sample size though, and the people in the study were suffering from hair loss (which is an important thing to study too, but the effects might be different). As you see the study is hosted by the company making the resulting hair product, but it doesn't appear like they actually funded the study (the company was formed after). They also have a "consumer study" but I'm not going to link it, because the methodology is much worse.

Their products are quite pricey, and probably give mixed results, but it's at least plausible that they could help some people. Definitely not as strong as something like minoxidil though.

AutobotsAttack
April 11th, 2020, 11:30 AM

Concerning hair growth and higher metabolic processes, pretty much every process your body undergoes, and at which rate is determined by how efficient your metabolism is. Everything requires energy expenditure. Cellular turnover, healing wounds, eating, sleeping, tissue repair, nail growth, hair growth, production of hormones, etc.

This excerpt focuses on a few metabolites that are important for hair loss and hair growth.
https://arochahairrestoration.com/arocha-hair-restoration/ucla-researchers-focus-on-metabolites-as-key-play-in-hair-loss-and-hair-growth/

Metabolites are substances produced from your metabolism.

AutobotsAttack
April 11th, 2020, 11:33 AM

I think this article might be of help.
References are posted at the very bottom.

Belgrade Beauty
April 12th, 2020, 10:45 AM
I think this article might be of help.
References are posted at the very bottom.

I read it! Looking forward to more research on this ...But I assume the medication will be expensive..:/