PDA

View Full Version : No Cuts/Trims in 2009

Pages : [1] 2

busnutmedic
November 9th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I'm considering doing no trims or cuts to my hair in 2009. I haven't fully decided, but I'm pretty close to deciding.

Anyone else want to do it? I know some of you already don't trim or cut, so you're included - moral support for the rest of us ;)

This is mostly because due to the trimmings I've done I'm several inches at least above tailbone and I can hardly believe it used to be almost classic- even as thin as it was. I really just want to try to forget about deciding whether or not to trim, and I think if I just decide that there's no decision to be made (IE commit to not doing it for a year) I could stick in there and maybe see some growth. Then I could always trim it in 2010.

If we get a lot of interest, maybe we should make a group or something.

Carina
November 9th, 2008, 12:22 PM
That sounds like something I will join.A trim in december and no scissors in 2009.I did my fair share of cutting this year(10 inches).

spidermom
November 9th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I began one year of no trim on July 18. I've trimmed so often for so many years that I felt very one-sided on this issue. So I'm trying the opposite. Anyway, I'm already 4 months into it and may trim in 2009 (after July 18 ). Can I still join?

mellie
November 9th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Yes yes yes!!! I love it!! Count me in!!

Isblå
November 9th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Hmm. Sounds tempting, but I fear I will eventually need to trim a little bit in 09 because I have a lot of layers that might get nasty along the road. I'll take half a year. No trimming before end of august 09.

Addy
November 9th, 2008, 01:10 PM
I'd love to join in but I'm currentlt removing color.

Good Luck to all participating in this thread! :D

Presto
November 9th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Does a S&D count as trimming? I'm pretty convinced damaged hairs need to go to prevent damaging other hairs.
If that's acceptable, I'm in!

spidermom
November 9th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I'm doing regular S&D also. I've found some nasty damage in there!

Lara1
November 9th, 2008, 01:22 PM
I would like to join too! The only thing is I am afraid that my hair will end up with split ends if I don't trim it once in a few months. I don't cut a lot, just a few milimeters.

busnutmedic
November 9th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Yes, I guess it's whatever you consider to be no trims. For me personally it's easier to just say "No scissors!" and stay away ;)

jel
November 9th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Feel free to join the No-Trimming Club, which wholeheartedly welcomes new members - permanent and temporary! :D

jojo
November 9th, 2008, 02:04 PM
I am curious to see what my yearly growth is, now I have tried this in the past year and then started cutting again. I will still be S & Ding but I am thinking of trying this for a year and maybe just trimming next November.

Vitalai
November 9th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I would like to join!

I will have to trim my bangs, but other than that, I will stay away from the scissors.

wintersun99
November 9th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Count me in! My last trim was just before this month, so my year will end 11/1/09. :)

Catladyintown
November 9th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I think I can do this with everyone's support.:) Sometimes I can be too heavy hand with S&D. And it will help me pamper my ends. Thanks busnutmedic for starting this thread.

DecafJane
November 9th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I have managed to go the whole of 2008 without any cuts or trims, and am going to sign up for 2009 as well! I gained so much length this year, and even though the ends are pretty uneven, I have wavy hair that is always up anyway.
Bring on the length! :D

Amara
November 9th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I am not trimming! I started last month and am aiming for about a year, until I get to tailbone. I am only S&Ding.

rymorg2
November 9th, 2008, 04:03 PM
ME!!! ME!!!! I want to do this too!!! I will probably S & D though....my ends get really ratty and frayed. But I plan on doing the Wear hair up for a year challenge too, and babying my ends so it should be all good!

ETA I will continue to cut my bangs....they drive me bonkers.

Gabbie
November 9th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I would like to join! I plan on getting my hair cut this week. I had a lot of damage and it is very uneven. I am cutting to chin length. I have been trimming for a while to get rid of the damage and this cut will do it. It will all be even and the damage will all be gone. So for 2009, no cutting!

Jessikinz
November 9th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Count me in as well :D

I am going to trim it next month. In 2009 no trims for me!

busnutmedic
November 9th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I think I can do this with everyone's support.:) Sometimes I can be too heavy hand with S&D. And it will help me pamper my ends. Thanks busnutmedic for starting this thread.
You're very welcome :)

Tangles
November 9th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Count me in! I will still S&D and trim any layers that are painfully uneven, but the hem will stay the same.

Curlsgirl
November 9th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I think I'll try this too. Maybe I'll finally get to waist curly this way. I think I am trimming off my progress mostly. I do have to trim my bangs too though.

Oskimosa
November 9th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I'm in! I won't trim until I'm past BSL, and only then if I really need it. Though I think I should be at BSL next April, I can't know for sure and even then I want to be past it before I touch the scissors.

Fillette
November 9th, 2008, 11:39 PM
I would love to join too. I plan on doing S&D once or twice a month but that's about it. I can't wait to see how much I can grow in a year.

Ryanne
November 10th, 2008, 12:18 AM
I'd like to join, I will do S&D though.

papillon
November 10th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Ooh! I'm going to try my hardest. I'm not sure when I'll hit BSL, but I won't cut in 2009 if it's not there yet. Although, I might have to make an exception to trim depending on how the layers grow out. :D

Debra83
November 10th, 2008, 01:33 AM
I want to try too!!! I pray that it grows madly for all of us!!! I hope I won't have to trim too much damage off though. That's what worries me. Oh well, let's see how it goes and if I ever figure out how to pop a pic in here - you'll have to tell me if it's time to trim!!! Deal?! : ) (p.s. How do you put pics in?) :confused:

I JUST henna'd for the first time tonight and it look like it worked really well. My son walked into the bathroom while I was doing it and said it smelled really good. Also when I was rinsing, it was SOOOOO soft - I was amazed. I used "Lustrous Henna" in brown that I got online from Saba something or other. It was a very good price too. :D

Robbi Dehlinger
November 10th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Yes, I guess it's whatever you consider to be no trims. For me personally it's easier to just say "No scissors!" and stay away ;)

Your hair looks great and if everyone sings and good as they look, that must be an awesome group!

peachy.pudding
November 10th, 2008, 03:09 AM
Excellent, this is my plan too, i am planning on growing from bsl to waist next year x x

bte
November 10th, 2008, 03:18 AM
As I've already posted elsewhere, I haven't trimmed since 1994, so 2009 will be my 15th year - good luck to all going down the no trims road for 2009. I don't think S&D or bands count if that's what you set out to do at the start.

busnutmedic
November 10th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Your hair looks great and if everyone sings and good as they look, that must be an awesome group!

Thank you very much! You can hear our music at our website - we have it online for free downloads.

http://www.macdonaldfamilysingers.com/music.html

Drynwhyl
November 10th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I maybe join you...does this include no S&D too? Bacause I need that from time to time, to avoid nasty tangles ;S

Shadow Walker
November 10th, 2008, 10:15 PM
I'd probably be down for this but my ends are getting worse, especially in the front. I've been S+D'ing frequently to try and keep it looking neat, but every time I keep finding more and more splits. I certainly want healthy hair, but at the same time I want it to be as long as possible and to cut it at all almost feels....well, wrong to me.

It doesn't look too bad in pictures right now, but the way things are going I may have to get a trim in order to stop the damage. I'm really not sure what to do though, to trim or not to trim...

rileysmama32208
November 10th, 2008, 11:46 PM
ooooh count me in! i havent had a haircut in over a year anyways, lol, but i was planning to trim the very teeny tiny bits of ends this upcoming week maybe, and then no more!

Electronika
November 11th, 2008, 11:38 AM
I would like to be part of this too. I have not trimmed my hair in about 6 months, and I am not going to for a long time.
Funny thing is, I am never really tempted to even touch it with scissors. I guess I am too lazy, haha!

Lets do it!

Amara
November 11th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I am posting again to say I'm adding my bangs to this challenge for myself. Next Dec I'll see where they are and if I like not having them or if I want them back. A whole year will get me to a place where they're long enough to really judge. :)

RedElephant
November 11th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I would like to join also. I usually don't trim but when I do, I tend to go overboard and cut about 2-3inches off. It's going to be hard because for some reason my hair is growing in really thick. So, I have about 6 inches of hair that's thick while the rest are really thin and scraggly looking. I want to cut the scraggly thin hair so badly but I don't want to lose any length.

nmarie33
November 11th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I'd like to try this, excluding S&D. I think July '08 was my last haircut, so I want to go to at least July/August '09 without trimming.

thankyousir74
November 11th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I'm in (I do S&D though, but i know that doesn't count ;) I've been surprised at how long my hair seems now, very excited :D

feralnature
November 11th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I will join.

I have not trimmed a single hair on my head in one year, since Nov. 2007. My siggy pic was taken in Jan.2008, 2 months later when I joined here. I will post a new pic in Jan.2009 for my 1 year anniversary. I have had a good bit of growth and can't believe how short it was back then:)

Buddaphlyy
November 11th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I'm in. After two disastrous trims this year. I'm vowing not to trim until at least January 2010. I will be wearing my hair exclusively in protective style next year, so no one will even notice my ends anyway.

rapunzhell13
November 11th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Count me in!

toocurly
November 12th, 2008, 02:32 AM
I'm in too. I'm a non-trimmer from 18th April 2008. I'm trying to do not trim for a year, but if my ends will be ok - I will grow without trimming for all 2009. If I find something split - I'll let you know and unsubscribe;)

chicken
November 12th, 2008, 04:29 AM
I'll try for at least half a year, that's until June 2009. Perhaps that'll be a way to fight against that 3 monthly urge to trim the ends...

Tressie
November 12th, 2008, 05:08 AM
I have to do S&D. Like spidermom, I find some bad stuff that has to be snipped. That said, I'm in with no trims! :D

Tressie
November 12th, 2008, 05:14 AM
I'm in too. I'm a non-trimmer from 18th April 2008. I'm trying to do not trim for a year, but if my ends will be ok - I will grow without trimming for all 2009. If I find something split - I'll let you know and unsubscribe;)
Hi toocurly, If someone has already addressed this, I'm sorry for the double whammy. IMHO you can still be a "non trimmer", if you occasionally snip a split end.

As you may know, some of us do what we call S&D which is simply "search and destroy". This is sectioning the hair and looking through for splits which are snipped off with sharp scissors reserved for this purpose. In this way we preserve our length but we try to remove as much damage to the ends as possible which my prevent the splits from going up the hair shaft or hanging onto other hairs and causing snarls and so forth!

It is best to do this in a good lighting such as natural sunlight or a very good lamp. (o:

Sorry for the double post!

busnutmedic
November 12th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Yup, I'd say that S&Ders are fine.

Islandgrrl
November 12th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I'll join. I had planned on trimming on my birthday in May to get back onto my annual trim schedule, but I can skip it. Last trim was in July (if I remember correctly).

toocurly
November 12th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Hi toocurly, If someone has already addressed this, I'm sorry for the double whammy. IMHO you can still be a "non trimmer", if you occasionally snip a split end.

As you may know, some of us do what we call S&D which is simply "search and destroy". This is sectioning the hair and looking through for splits which are snipped off with sharp scissors reserved for this purpose. In this way we preserve our length but we try to remove as much damage to the ends as possible which my prevent the splits from going up the hair shaft or hanging onto other hairs and causing snarls and so forth!

It is best to do this in a good lighting such as natural sunlight or a very good lamp. (o:

Sorry for the double post!

Hi!

Thank you very much for this info. I didn't know about S&D, but I really like it:) It's a great idea - and so simple. I'm oiling my ends with cocnout oil/sweet almond oil/jojoba oil every day, so hope it helps. After 7 months of non-trimming I don't see any splits. Maybe it's a little bit genetic, because my sister is a long hair girl from her early years and she go to hairdresser less than once a year. Even of this she has healthy ends. I was always amazed by this, because as a user of straightening-machine;) I couldn't imagine how to avoid splits. After cut all damaged hair and full natural routine I don't have problems with it and hope it wouldn't change.

You are all very nice and it's great to be LHC user:D English is not my first language(feel free to correct me if I write something wrong!), I hope that my posts aren't terrible on grammar side(I hate grammar;)). And I'm really happy that it is possible to talk to long hair people from all around the world:)

chelles2kids
November 12th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I would love to join in, but I tried joining the no-trimmers club this year and it only last about 6 months, dang it!

I've realized that I am a much happier person when I can micro-trim.

But more power to the people, those of you, who have those beautiful fairytale ends and who can get by without trimming!
I so admire you!:flower:

Liv
November 12th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I'm inn too. I probably will do some S & D's, but hope that is all I need during 2009. I may end this challenge at november 2009 ( a year from now). Will be very nice to have a support group. :D

My last trim was in september 2008, that evened up things pretty much, so I shouldn't need any trims for that. Probably will need to remove some damage, a good S&D now and then should take care of that.

Samitra
November 15th, 2008, 02:28 AM
I'm in! But I'll have to S&D now and then, the last trim didn't remove all the split ends in the layers.

I've been trying to do this "no trims in a year"-thing on my own, several times. But I've never managed more than a few months. Maybe it'll work out this time since I've got LHC now...

BunnyBee
November 15th, 2008, 04:53 AM
I'm in :) I had a big (for me) cut in august (5 inches) to get rid of damage so I want the length back :D

florenonite
November 15th, 2008, 06:09 AM
I'm in! I went from July 2007 to September 2008 without a trim, then had some damage and at my wee sister's urging got a trim of about three or four inches. I figure I can go to next winter as long as I S&D when necessary and don't let my sister rope me into a trim when I'm home next summer. I've got four and a half inches to go to waist, and would have been there by Christmas were it not for my cut in September, so I'm hoping now to get there by the end of the summer, and then might stop in September, a year after my initial trim, so I can maintain at waist to get rid of layers and possible splits. However, if I like my hair in September I'll continue on.

chickpea
November 15th, 2008, 07:48 AM
I'm in, except for trimming my bangs. I've been reading the catnip for split ends thread, and plan to try that as well. I found a bumper crop of splits this morning and have been busily snipping them away.

busnutmedic
December 8th, 2008, 05:07 PM
I'm kind of wishing it was already 09 so I could start "not trimming," even though I haven't trimmed for a few months already. Lol :D

I keep going between hating my ends and loving my hair, and I'm on the upswing of the "loving" part. I'm focused more these days on how it feels to have long hair, and less on how it looks. I know my braid is pathetically thin. But I see hairs that have formerly just stuck out on my head that are growing longer and they're almost down to my shoulders! That is so exciting. I wonder if they will keep growing or if they've been breaking off there. We'll see!

ecologystudent
December 8th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I want to join- but I'm not entirely sure I could make it the whole year. I'm growing it out from really short- so I might look really funny if I don't trim. But hopefully I'll make it through.

DecafJane
December 8th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I'm in, too - it is official. :D

VanillaTresses
December 8th, 2008, 06:03 PM
I'm joining, with the caveat that I can trim my bangs! :D

YogaGirl59
December 8th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Ok, I'm in too. I have never gone more than a couple of months when my hair starts driving me crazy and I chop about 2 or 3 inches off.

My last trim was in November. Hopefully with CO washes, air drying and no trims I will make some progress. Yeah....I'm looking forward to this!!

Demetrue
December 8th, 2008, 06:53 PM
My last trim and color from a box was around 2 weeks ago, but now I have turned over a new leaf!! No trimming, cutting or chemically covering the gray from this day forward! This is my solemn vow!

carloota
December 8th, 2008, 07:16 PM
I'm in, too. I trim my hair 1-2 times per year and I did my 2nd micro-trim of the year last week. I will continue to S&D, though.

yrrebwartsymssi
December 8th, 2008, 07:30 PM
i'm in... as a matter of fact i need to toss my scissors in the trash. I trim almost every month trying to even out my hair from a bad haircut. Last time I trimmed was... LAST WEEK..

This is great, now i can see how much my hair REALLY grows

PhillyGirl1978@
December 8th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Ok, guys, I think I'm in. I'm gonna try. My trims are always what gets me. I went to the hairdresser in September and had her take off about 1 & 1/2 to 2 inches. Then sometimes I'll sit here and trim myself when my ends feel crispy. I am trying to wear it up a lot more now and moisturize so hopefully I can avoid that. I always do that. I just looked in my hair journal and saw that around June I was at 29 and I could be almost where I wanted to be by now if I didn't trim so much.

I'd like to see how quickly I can get to elbow with no cutting. I have curls and was bunning today and when I took it out it had stretched so it hung about as long as it does when it's damp. I could feel it down my back and it's such a great feeling.

So yeah....I'm in!lol

Beloved
December 8th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I just had a trim last week. I'm currently BSL and won't be trimming again until I make it to WL. That should take about a year, I think. So, count me in!

justgreen
December 8th, 2008, 08:14 PM
I'll try too, which will put me into two years with no trims or dusting.

NebraskaChick84
December 8th, 2008, 09:52 PM
I'll Join. I never trim and to be honest (don't shoot me) I've never been completely sure what a split end IS. my sister tried to explain it to me but she regularly trims and whatever it is she said I didn't have any.

RocketDog
December 9th, 2008, 12:17 AM
I haven't had my hair cut since early Aug '08. I'm aiming for at least 6mos of no cutting, but I'll probably buckle after that - I have some annoying lopsidedness going on due to my bangs being cut deeper in on my right side than my left.

Debra83
December 9th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Just checking in...November 10/08, I posted that I wouldn't trim and TA DAA..tomorrow will have been a month, and I haven't trimmed!!! beam : ) Yesterday, I found a link to SMassageT, and I started doing it today...WOW...already I notice a difference in softness. Unbelievable. And the thing I'm really kicking myself about is that a hairdresser told me the trick of massage 12 years ago and I never put it into practice until my memory was jogged now. ARRGGGHHH!!! sigh. Oh well, may as well start now, right?

Alana2000
December 9th, 2008, 07:49 AM
I will be joining this group. I will be needing support as I feel awkward theses days. Thanks.

basketcase413
December 9th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Count me it.....my hemline is alittle crooked, so I may have to break down and even up...but if I can get about 3-4 more inches, I'll be able to go up with it everyday and that wont be an issue. I WANT 10 inches by the end of 09....we'll see!

LaurelSpring
December 9th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Im in! I am still hanging in there with a little S&D which I think I will just stop doing. I cant seem to look in a mirror and cut backwards. It just doesnt work. Until my ends are long enough to actually pull over my shoulder and look at I am just going to quit. I tried to do a minor dusting but just screwed it up which kicked in my OCD need to even it out until I finally forced myself to put the scissors away. I want fairytale ends anyway so why bother?

The hairdresser downstairs from my office was pressing me for a trim today. I told her I have been stalled at BSL and wanted to get past that. She is insisiting that it wont grow unless I cut it. I think I have seen enough no trimmers here with long hair to know that is not the case. I just cant face a trim. If I lost any length now I would just cry!

Silver Grace
December 11th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Yes - I'm in! This is just the incentive I need and you are my witnesses: I will NOT cut or trim my hair (except for my fringe) until December 2009.

wintersun99
December 11th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I joined, but I have to change my target date to (at minimum) 12/11/09... :)

Magicknthenight
December 12th, 2008, 12:57 AM
I would like to join:D! I just had a trim on Saturday. The 6th. My regular stylist cut off a bit more then i wanted. But my ends aren't damaged and now they are all refreshed. Its the perfect time to start this because from here on out i can just S&D. Its just about getting myself to do it. I'm good at it when i first start but after so long i get bored and kind of rush through. I'm growing out my bangs but i might end up cutting them sometime if i don't like how they look. But as for my length I'll wait until next December to consider a trim. Unless it seems like it really needs it. I've been wearing it up and doing lots of deep conditioning treatments. So woohoo! I'm in!:)

chrissy-b
December 12th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I'm trimming in the first week of January 09, which will be the first trim in one year, but after that I'd like to go for another year w/o trims. I might like to S&D if needed, though. Does this qualify me to join your club?

Chanterelle
December 12th, 2008, 01:09 PM
I'm in except for trimming fringe and very occasional S&D. I'll try to avoid cuts for the whole year or till I reach my goal length which may (and hopefully will) happen earlier.

Ryanne
December 12th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I'm in, I haven't trimmed for a few months, except for S&D, but it'll work!
Can I S&D? Otherwise my ends will look terrible.

AutumnSky
December 12th, 2008, 05:19 PM
I'm in, as long as S & D is aacceptable...no trimming the overall hemline.

beehives
December 12th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Count me in! My only goal is to grow out my bangs, so after that it's all gravy.

DeeM
December 13th, 2008, 01:50 AM
Oooooh yes, I'm in!
I will do the S&D to trim off splits, but that's all.........I promise.
Should be interesting to see how much growth we get, as my hair seems to have stalled right now. :rolleyes:

kam984420
December 13th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Count Me In. Im not bothering my hair since im trying to grow it out.

RedFrizz
December 14th, 2008, 04:17 AM
I'm so in! And if my ends are behaving as nicely as they are now I'm not expecting much difficulties in sticking with this decision. So fingers crossed..

Unofficial_Rose
December 14th, 2008, 04:22 AM
I'm in! I'm a bit concerned about the layers looking funny as it grows out, and the sides being shorter than the back, but I reckon if I stick with it it'll look OK in the long term. :D

rockkcor
December 14th, 2008, 05:06 AM
I am in!
My split ends just go away with brushing and, after all, they are just up to 5mm long if I can find them at all…
I think that trimming slows down hair growth between 20-50% if you do them on regular bases (2 to 5 years of hair growth out of 10!)
Maybe I would consider trim after reaching thigh length – oh, but let me first get there :)

Lisa Marie
December 14th, 2008, 07:22 AM
I'm in until Sep 09 which will be one year for me! Thanks for starting this!

Krifantasy
December 14th, 2008, 08:15 AM
I'm in too. I haven't had a trim since August, I think. Just to be sure though, I will go until October of 2009. I do S&D as well just to keep the split ends under control.

NebraskaChick84
December 14th, 2008, 09:59 AM
I'm thinking about cutting a bit of accent around my face (think: a couple of strands at my temples to about lip length) to soften my updos. my face is very angular and I think that may soften them up a bit...

busnutmedic
December 16th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Are any people considering one last trim before it begins to be 2009? I'm debating.

A small one, if anything.

redtea
December 16th, 2008, 11:40 AM
My last trim was in the beginning of May, so I'd at least like to make it until May '09 without another trim. I thought about getting a trim since my ends are layered an look a little scraggly, but after a S&D a few weeks ago, they're in good shape and not at all dry or anything, so.. I think I can make it until May and then I'll decide what to do for the rest of the year.

Oskimosa
December 16th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Are any people considering one last trim before it begins to be 2009? I'm debating.

I had previously decided to trim once I got to BSL, which SHOULD be in the first half of 2009. But I recently took a pic of my hair and the ends look fine, I really don't need it. I know I have a razored cut I'm growing out, but it seems to help the waves clump together.

Get a good look at them from the back and then decide :)

RavennaNight
December 16th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I'm thinking about this, I'd love to see how much my hair grows without contact with scissors. I currently only microtrim every season with the phases of the moon according to the farmers almanac. Hmmm... I still have 15 days to decide...

GibsonGirlV
December 16th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I last trimmed my hair sometime this summer and before that it was in January. I'm trying to get rid of damage to my hair and I'm on my way there. After a trim at the end of the month, it might be possible for me to make it a full year without another one.

I'm pretty paranoid of scissors as it is (always have been). I trim my bangs whenever they need it, but can't stand scissors anywhere near my roots. After my trim this month, I might try S&D (never tried it before) and leave it at that for the next year.

So with that being said...Count me in!!

zen_oven
December 16th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I'm about 98% sure I'm going to do this. I'm probably going to see how I feel around May since May, 2008 was the last time I had a full haircut. I'll re-evaluate and if I can live with my layers a while longer I'll just keep growing. If that goes well I'll hold off on getting rid of my layers until I hit my goal (waist).

Albrun
December 16th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I dont know if i can stand a hole year, but I will try it. My last trim was in november.

xrosiex
December 16th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Ok I'm in :) No trims in 2009. My last dusting was in August. But No scissors will touch my hair next year.:)

glennagiraffe
December 16th, 2008, 01:33 PM
i'm in :)
except for my fringe.

Peter
December 16th, 2008, 02:11 PM
I just did two trims in two days to remove damage and I don't want to lose any more length so I'm in!

SafoByMengin
December 16th, 2008, 02:24 PM
My last trim was in April. I hope it will be possible for me to not trim all 2009:rolleyes:

busnutmedic
December 16th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I'm trying to figure out things that I should document before. I'd like to have a record of the length, and maybe the circumference, and pictures. Anything else you guys can think of that might be nice to have later?

LaurelSpring
December 17th, 2008, 02:25 PM
I was about to cave and get One Last Trim in 2008. I made the appt then chickened out and cancelled it. I have done that so many times! Has anyone else done things like that? Call...schedule..panic attack/freak out.......call back and say..oh Im so sorry, I just made an appt but I just realized that I have a scheduling conflict. I need to cancel. I will have to call back to reschedule.

NebraskaChick84
December 17th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I'm wanting to trim already argh. these layers are driving me nuts plus it's been almost a year since my last trim (thankfully) I'm not wanting to go to a salon/stylist though. I'm going to have to start bugging my mom about it.

Carina
December 17th, 2008, 02:34 PM

I just have to do a tiny trim like half an inch.Fresh ends mmmmmm;)

Carina
December 18th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I'm going to a salon on monday.I will only cut half an inch.I want to start my no trimming year without to many split ends.

Sissy
December 18th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I'm in too! I haven't trimmed at all this past year. I want to start S&D method though and bought a very fine pair of hair shears today. I plan to have a trim before the new year (from a family friend who's a hairdresser). I will just ask her to take very little off, just the damaged ends. Then I will go through 2009 without trimming and just doing S & D for split ends.

utdesertrunner
December 18th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I'm in too! Haircuts are expensive anyways ;) I think I could get about 8-10 inches of growth if I didn't trim. I never mean too, but I get in that chair and all my selfwill goes away. I think I'm going to do the hair up for a year challenge too! So they will go great together! Happy trimming!

Demetrue
December 18th, 2008, 07:43 PM
I just hid my hair scissors. It makes it easier if they are not sitting there in the bathroom next to the mirror! I have one patch of damaged hair near my left temple, but I think my best bet is to let it grow out to chin or shoulder length, then re-evaluate it. My hair is still so short that even a small trim sets me way back length wise. I also think the strategy of just oiling and putting my hair up will help towards my long term goal.

Oskimosa
December 19th, 2008, 12:21 AM
I haven't trimmed at all this past year.

Same here. I haven't cut at all since I chopped over 10 inches off in February. I usually don't trim, anyway. I grow out, hack off. Repeat. Hopefully I'm going to change that, once I get it to the right length...

Brunette88
December 19th, 2008, 05:22 AM
I'm in aswell!
I had my cut last november,i used to trim it every 3 months but its not really growing much then.
I already planned to ban the scissors in 2009 coz the last time i did that for a whole year my hair had grown till waist(2003,starting from between shoulder nd BSL)then i came up with the stupid idea to have a bob,now im still letting it grow and i takes like forever.
I now nearly reach BSL so i hope to reach waist Xmas 2009!:)

Amalthea
December 19th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Count me in! :)
I've trimmed my hair a couple of times in this fall, in addition to one major cut. Right now my hair is a little past shoulder length, and is completely healthy, as far as I can tell. I still have some henna in my hair (well, quite a bit to tell the truth), but I don't want to wait for it to grow out before I start gaining length again.

Tap Dancer
December 19th, 2008, 07:41 AM
I got my hair cut into a jaw length bob in early October. My reason for that was to make it all the same length because I grew my bangs out. My hair is now chin length. While I adore this length, I'm not going to cut in 2009. I want to have long(er) hair with no layers or bangs for a while. I've had short, medium, and long styles with bangs and/or layers. So this will be another new look for me to try.

I'm sure I'll go back to a chin length bob in the future because this is one of my favorite lengths, but I'm up for the challenge. No cuts/trims for me in 2009! :cheese:

LaurelSpring
December 19th, 2008, 07:44 AM
I have been so tempted to have a end of the year trim! I made the apt then cancelled. Yesterday I was going to do it again. I was trying to explain to the hairdresser that I didnt want a blunt hemline and that I was going for fairytale Renaissance type hair/ends. She had no clue what I was trying to say and then said that she could cut into my hair to make it look that way. After that I had a total panic freak out and decided it wasnt worth the chance so I bailed again. Close call!!

I really looked at my ends and realized that the ends were just fine. A 1/4 inch trim wasnt really going to make any difference as far as that goes. The only real splits are along the last third of layers and I just need to S&D those. So there really is no need for a trim.

I also realized a part of this back and forth trim episode is that I am now in new just below BSL territory and I have hit a comfort platea in regard to being longer than I have ever had before. I need to push past this plateau and I'll be fine. It would just be too upsetting to lose any length right now when I am getting so much closer to waist. I am not going to sabotage myself this time!

Phoenix06
December 19th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Me too! It will be a real challenge. The uneven strands on stick straight hair will annoy me to death...But I really want some length back and get a good 6 inches next year...or more.:)

Braidmaid
December 19th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Count me in! I'm anxious to see progress. My hair grows pretty fast, and as it is about mid-back, I look forward to how far I progress!

neon-dream
December 19th, 2008, 07:52 AM
I'm in!!
I'll just S&D every so often

yrrebwartsymssi
December 19th, 2008, 12:45 PM
i think i am going to trim my hair new years eve before i go out... just as a farewell gift to my scissors :P

Katrina
December 21st, 2008, 07:14 AM
I'm in too! Had my last trim two weeks ago and from now on I'm not going to use scissors until March 2009 or so. Only regular S&Ds and a microtrim in every couple of months maybe, if I'll feel like it, but not necessarily even that.

This group is a great idea. I personally feel that it will be a major support to read this thread, because I too tend to be very scissorhappy :p. It must be some psychological thing... cutting hair is relaxing or someting ;).

Happy growing (without scissors) for everyone :).

Carina
December 21st, 2008, 07:20 AM
I love fresh healthy ends.This will be a huge challenge for me to stay away from the scissors.Tomorrow is trim day and then it starts my no trimming year.

Speckla
December 21st, 2008, 07:22 AM
Ok, I want to be in. What about keeping bangs though? I can go for no trimming the rest but must keep bangs.
________
Box Vaporizer (http://boxvaporizers.com)

Katrina
December 21st, 2008, 08:18 AM
I was thinking the same thing :D. But I'm not growing bangs out anyway so I guess bangs is not counted... That 's just my opinion. :rolleyes:

RedElephant
December 21st, 2008, 12:46 PM
I had to cut about 5" of damage off. So, I'm definitely not cutting anymore. Maybe I'll s&d or microtrim every couple of months if things get really bad.

Allegra
December 21st, 2008, 01:51 PM
I'm definitely going to join this, though i have to ban myself from S&D too as I tend to get scissor happy and cutting off more than i should.
I'm not going to lie though, it's going to be very difficult for me though, I get the self-trim craving quite regularly (twice today!).
Is there a support group for impulse trimmers?!

Oskimosa
December 21st, 2008, 02:25 PM
I never can find splits when I'm looking for them. Then I'll be at work and suddenly one is right in front of my face and I can't do anything about it. I don't even have a good pair of s&d scissors for when I do run accross one.

Guess I better get some, especially since I'm not going to trim next year!

patience
December 21st, 2008, 02:42 PM
I'd like to join in on this too. Just going to S&D when needed and clean up the fringe around my face.

ssjhotau2
December 21st, 2008, 02:45 PM
I would like to join this aswell.

I intend to get one more cut before January to even up the layers a little more and thats it.

This will be hard for me though, I've gotten a trim/style cut atleast once every sx months and a major cut once a year since I was 17.

baobhan sith
December 21st, 2008, 04:33 PM
I'll join! I haven't had my hair cut for a year anyway, so it shouldn't be too hard as long as i can keep S&Ding. But i realised the other day, I've got about an inch at the end of my hair which is far thinner that higher up. Is this fairytale ends?

I'm not sure if I like them or not.

frogette
December 21st, 2008, 05:16 PM
My intention was to set oct 2009 as a limit (one year since last haircut), but thinking about it, I can as well decide to wait until 2010. So, count me in the "no trim in 2009" team. I suppose it means I'll have to take better care of my hair than I do if I want it to remain in decent shape all that time.

feralnature
December 21st, 2008, 11:09 PM
I've not cut my hair, or even touched it with scissors, in 13 months.

It is a good bit longer than my siggy pic, which I will update in January 2009, on my 1 year LHC anniversary.

I would like to trim an inch off the bottom as I am growing out layers, dust the ends off the remaining layers, and the go another year without trimming.

newport
December 22nd, 2008, 10:58 AM
I have not had a trim since August of 2007- I have no split ends - I dread the thought of someone trimming my hair anymore- it scares me!

LaurelSpring
December 22nd, 2008, 11:56 AM
I did cave and get one more trim before Jan. I dont think it made much difference though but I guess it is a good way to make the transition. I can never find any splits when I am looking for them either. Its so hard to try to look in the mirror and trim them. I will be gald when my hair is long enough to just look through the length.

Mugili
December 22nd, 2008, 12:31 PM
YES! Count me in! Last trim was at 24. October 2008 und there will be no trim or cut in 2009!
HURRAY!

Olivia23
December 22nd, 2008, 01:36 PM
I hardly ever get a trim. When I do it's like once a year, but I will be honest, you can tell when people with long hair don't get trims. For some reason the end of the hair starts looking stringy and to me weird looking. I like the long hair with the straight across even look. For a while when I didn't trim mine, I had tons of split ends, the ends of my hair looked terrible, and it started getting that stringy look, so I trimmed it. Now my hair looks so much healthier.

I only plan on getting my hair trimmed once a year, and that is just to get rid of the dead ends.

Bellatrix
December 22nd, 2008, 01:50 PM
I'm doing this. Combination of being a harried student and wanting MOAR hairz now :D

This is a great thread!:)

tiggens
December 22nd, 2008, 02:29 PM
Being so frustrated with my shortness is definitely helping me resist the urge to trim! Last trim was October 30. It's gonna be awkward, but it'll also be worth it!

Cantabile
December 22nd, 2008, 05:06 PM
I'm in. Once I give myself my once-yearly trim, I'm good to go for the rest of 2009. :laugh:

honeybee87
December 22nd, 2008, 09:01 PM
My last trim was a few days ago...I trim a lot even if its just a Centimeter. I should join in on this. My hands are always itching for a new hairstyle...I just need to leave my hair alone hehe.

Demetrue
December 22nd, 2008, 10:05 PM
I want to do the no cuts part of this, but I'm not sure I can hold to the no trimming at all. I THOUGHT I was going to be able to hold out, but yesterday I trimmed about 1/4 straight across the back to even out the layers. I still have 3 inches of layers on the bottom half of my hair, and probably have more damaged hair than healthy hair. The back part is almost shoulder, so I think from scalp to mid-cheek is healthy hair, and from mid cheek to shoulder is damaged. I have no intention of cutting it all back to mid cheek to get rid of the damage, but I'm considering trimming straight across just 1/4" every now and then until all the healthy hair hits shoulder. I can't seem to get the discipline and patience necessary to choose a plan and stick with it, but I'm commited to no drastic or short cuts, no trims more than 1/4 inch and never cutting it shorter than shoulder-length (which is where the longest layer in back is just hitting)

Mike
December 22nd, 2008, 10:08 PM
I'm in. 2010, 2011 and 2012 too.

jenna
December 22nd, 2008, 10:32 PM
i'm in. i haven't cut my hair since june (7 inches) and i'm planning on being cut/trim free for a long time!

joyful373
December 23rd, 2008, 12:32 PM
I'm in too. I think I will need to S & D to prevent tangles, and perhaps I will get a final trim before the new year. But, no trims and cuts for 2009.

Les
December 23rd, 2008, 12:41 PM
I'm in. I had a cut back in July of 2008 that I regret and I want that length back (and then some). No cuts or trims in 2009 for me!

yrrebwartsymssi
December 25th, 2008, 12:10 PM
So... I threw away my hair cutting scissors today! :') such bittersweet emotions are pulsing through my veins as i type. I have awful ends but I promise myself not to touch them until Jan. 2010

logica_divina
December 25th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Count me in too. I have been only doing s&d for almost a year now any way.

NebraskaChick84
December 25th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I'm going to attempt to get my mom to trim my hair next week but after that no more trims or cuts :)

I have some small layering that is driving me nuts right now.

FallenAngel
December 25th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Are you allowed to trim damaged hairs? If so, I'm in!

busnutmedic
December 25th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Augh..I just took a picture of my hair and I'm so discouraged. Eek. This is going to be tough. I think I'll brush it out again and see if it looks any better.

Copasetic
December 25th, 2008, 02:24 PM
I'm in. I might give myself a tiny trim on December 31 to get rid of any really dry or damaged ends, but nothing in 2009!

Sharon
December 25th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Count me in. I went all of 08 without any cutting. Went from chin/jaw length to sholder length.

FallenAngel
December 25th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Count me in. I went all of 08 without any cutting. Went from chin/jaw length to sholder length.

Well, that is inspiration for me! :) Do you have any pics?

Spike
December 25th, 2008, 04:56 PM
< places left hand on the copy of 100 Hot New Hairstyles, raises right hand >

I'm taking the pledge. No cuts in 2009. None. No trims, no "just a layer out," no edged weapons on my hair this year.

I seem to be popping out about an inch each month (won't look like it when I measure in 2 weeks as I just had a trim) so if I continue getting growth at this rate, I'll have actual long hair by Christmas next year! (Like, past BSL, beyond waist . . . maybe even TBL? < crosses fingers >)

(and then I can snarf up a ton of toys to play with my new accessory, right? Santa understands about etsy . . .)

Demetrue
December 26th, 2008, 12:15 AM
I'm still waffling. After trimming some more layers the other day, it looks like there are only about 2 inches between the sides that are around chin length and the back that is just touching my shoulders. If I can just spend the next 4 months only trimming my bangs and leaving the rest alone, I might actually reach one of my goals. I know if I can just get those side pieces long enough to pull back in a scrunchie/pony tail, and stay away from bleach, I'll be home free. I wore my hair in a half-up for church on Christmas Eve, and I felt pretty and feminine for the first time since I got the horrible "accidental pixie" a year and a half ago. I am so grateful for finding LHC and becoming more aware of how to be kind to my hair.

Mugili
December 26th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Since i know, there will be no cuts or trims in 2009, i got the feeling my ends are dry and jejune.
I'm afraid it will be a long hard year :(

hippiechick1976
December 26th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Count me in:) I am excited. I trimmed and added some layers last week. Long layers just to break it up around my face some. I may keep those trimmed tho. We shall see. I just won't trim the length. Great Idea!!!

Cryspatus
December 26th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I'm going to do this. Trimming has become a bad habit when I'm bored, ever since I got my scissors. I'm going to not trim at all in '09 and only S&D once ever month or so...

iriska
December 27th, 2008, 08:50 AM
yey! i'm joining "no cuts in 2009"!!!
i will continue to s&d though but nothing apart from that :)
i hope we'll all achieve that goal together ! :)

Stubborn
December 29th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I'm in!

My hair is 4inches right now, after eightmonths from a buzzcut.(a guy) My hair grows at 1/2 a month. 6 inches in 09!

busnutmedic
December 31st, 2008, 11:30 PM
Wooo! I just realized that I held off trimming till now and now I can't! lol.

A friend told me "put those scissors down!"

:)

Here's to happy growing and no trimming/cutting :D

yrrebwartsymssi
January 25th, 2009, 01:20 PM
soooo.... its been a month for me (i think) and i HAVE NOT TOUCHED THE SCISSORS i am so proud of myself :) ... my ends are looking so frayed though :\ maybe its my imagination

spidermom
January 25th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I've gone 6 months without a trim; me who used to get it done every 6-8 weeks. I added about 4-3/4 inches of new length per year on that schedule. My hair has grown 4 inches in the past six months. I can't wait to see how much more I get before the year is up July 18, 2009.

carloota
January 25th, 2009, 02:02 PM
That's great, yrrebwartsymssi. I still haven't trimmed either. My ends are a little frayed, also. I'm just going to step up on the deep conditioning treatments and baby my ends as much as possible. :)

wintersun99
January 25th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Haven't trimmed mine either! It has only been two months, but growing from a pixie is ridiculously tempting to cut all the time. My layers are goofy and I'm growing into a slight mullet. Well, at least it's still Winter, I would be lost without a hat. :D

Peter
January 25th, 2009, 02:57 PM
So it's been over a month for me since I started in mid-December. How should I keep my ends from getting rough and tangly for a full year? What works for everyone here?

When I try to S&D I can't find any splits... so I've just been trimming a bit of breakage at the back from ponytails. That's it.

yrrebwartsymssi
January 25th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Peter I say if you find no splits don't trim at all! and I guess in the mean time just baby your ends. I have to do that because my ends were rough and tangly when I started.

Wintersun99 i had the same problem but i trimmed my mullet lol !just try to tough it out!!!

KnightsLady
January 25th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Late starter, but as I've not trimmed since November 6, 2008 I think I'm still eligible. Here goes...

I plan to let my hair grow in its natural way in 2009 and consider that my hair is part of my body, not just a fashion accessory.

No trimming or cutting. No excuses.
No removing damage, removing layers, shaping the front, smartening up the hemline or snipping of individual splits.
No hairdressers.
No scissors

Tender loving care all the way.

I want to
- find out how much my hair will grow in a year without interference.
- find out how quickly the hemline changes and what it does.
- see if natural ends split as easily and frequently as cut ones do.
- consciously choose what I do, rather than be at the mercy of whim, habit or impulse.

RancheroTheBee
January 25th, 2009, 10:51 PM
I'm totally in. In fact, I came to the decision, "no trims", this morning!

Pixna
January 27th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I'm in!!!!! I'm dangerous with the scissors (as my current chin-length hair attests!). Now that my hair is all one length, I have vowed to not trim indefinitely. So 2009 will be a no-trim year. (And here's hoping my hair grows FAST!!!)

HildeMV
January 27th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Is it really a good idea? The hairdresser always tells me I should get it cut so that the split ends wont "eat" the hair upwards.

xrosiex
January 27th, 2009, 04:24 PM
I'm stoppin by to say I havent trimmed yet either. My ends seem alittle dry. But I'm just using more conditioner. And oiling alittle heavier. I'ts goitng to be a interesting year. In a good way.:):):)

kdaniels8811
January 27th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I am so in! For the last 10 years, I have been under the "my hair won't grow unless I keep it trimmed" so it was trims every 6 to 8 weeks - and my length never seemed to get any longer. My last trim was in August 08.

Then I discovered the Long Hair Community and coconut oil to prevent the ends from breaking. Worked great but my hair still got "crunchy" and had a lot of damage from years of chemical hair dye. Tried henna and indigo - yeah! Hair in the best condition it has been in years. Finally, I used catnip tea for strenghtening and prevention of split ends and it works, too.

So now my regime is daily oilings, weekly catnip tea - with my hair bagged for an hour - and monthly hendigo glosses. And mega tek, cannot forget that.

My hair has been growing - I finally learned how to measure it to see! and I want to not trim until at least next August to see what will happen. Hopeing I can get to my goal of 30". Good luck to all of us!

wintersun99
January 27th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Is it really a good idea? The hairdresser always tells me I should get it cut so that the split ends wont "eat" the hair upwards.

If you have splits, you can S & D - there is no reason to trim all the hair, if you don't want to. :)

HildeMV
January 27th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I've just been ignoring it anyway.:p
I have my mom cut of my split ends anyway. I don't see why I should pay so much for having it cut in a straight hemline and nothing more.

MamaGigi
January 27th, 2009, 09:52 PM
I'm in. I had my last haircut last week and it was horrible. After oiling my hair, I can get most of it into a ponytail today so I'm willing to do this and keep it up till after my birthday (Jan 22) next year.

HeatherMae
January 28th, 2009, 12:19 AM
This coming September makes 2 years since the big chop. I haven't had a cut since then. I am hoping to go until 2010 before I get another cut and when I do it will be a CAREFULLY guarded procedure! LOL! :) So you can count me in.

lizzyjo
January 28th, 2009, 12:44 AM
I was really considering this so that I could have the most length possible, but my mom commented on how uneven my hemline was, so I will probably have to go and get it trimmed. I may do it myself; I'm not sure.

Good luck to all of you who are not cutting your hair. May you have the most growth within the Long Haired Knights!

Johanna
January 28th, 2009, 01:50 AM
I'm really eager to try this, I really want to get my hair down to my goal length asap! I have a nice sharp pair of hairdressing scissors so i start on the s&d-ing....now I just need to work on my patience. :O

Heavenly Locks
January 28th, 2009, 03:24 AM
Me!! I'm IN. I plan to not trim/cut my hair for the next 3 years :) Nothing besides S&D, unless something dramatic happens, I don't see a need to trim.

I think 2009 is going to be great for growth. :D

MrsGuther
January 28th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Count me in! No cutting, no trims in 2009! I'm going to try really hard not to use heated styling tools either... I used to use a flat iron ALL the time, and I am seriously regretting the damage it has done to my hair. I've stopped using any chemicals on my hair as well! I love the way my natural hair color and texture feels. I can't wait for it to all be that soft silky and golden blonde. :)

yrrebwartsymssi
January 29th, 2009, 01:34 PM
i've had to change my routine a bit to make up for my ends.. so now my hair is looking shiney all over :) I don't want to take a chance with S&D because I will lose control... I KNOW I WILL

suicides_eve
January 30th, 2009, 10:01 AM
so far it's been like 4 months for me an i am just now starting to get the urge to trim, i notice last night while playing with my hair how ragged my layers are looking and the ends are thinning... i mean my hair is curly and no one can see it but me , but i know its there like that

KnightsLady
January 30th, 2009, 06:52 PM
31Jan09

January report in: Have not trimmed, or even removed a split end since my first post (although I was tempted to trim a split this morning!:)). I don't feel like going to the hairdressers at all. I'm more concerned about getting length so my newly discovered wrap bun will be easier to put up.

One month down.

paper
January 31st, 2009, 07:30 AM
My last trim was end of Oct. 08. I'm hoping to be at BSL by the end of 09. My plan is not trim for this year!

busnutmedic
February 18th, 2009, 01:46 PM
So far, so good! I've managed to avoid trimming :)

xrosiex
February 18th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Still No trims not even a dusting. I dont even have the urge.:cheese:

FallenAngel
February 18th, 2009, 01:58 PM
No cuts or trims so far, thought the urge has been there.... I'm hoping for some LENGTH to show soon :pray:

Pixna
February 18th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Zero urge. Zippo. Grow, baby, grow!!!!! :sun:

edensapples
February 18th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Ok, I admit.. I just trimmed. Can I "no trim" in 2009 from here on out?

edensapples
February 18th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Or, until my birthday? (Which is in December)

tiggens
February 18th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Woo! Canceled my appointment for a trim! This is the second trim appointment I've canceled. So far the two week rule is really working for me. I keep thinking, "ooo I can squeak out a few more weeks of pixie freak-head."

Pixna
February 18th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Woo! Canceled my appointment for a trim! This is the second trim appointment I've canceled. So far the two week rule is really working for me. I keep thinking, "ooo I can squeak out a few more weeks of pixie freak-head."

Yay!!! Good for you, Tiggens!!! Pixie freak-heads unite!!! :joy:

wintersun99
February 18th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Pixie freak-heads unite!!! :joy:

Ok - checking in - no trims, dustings, S&D, or anything since 12/5/08 - the date of my pixie cut. Holler! :p

SorrowScavenger
February 18th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Can I still join? :)
No trims or cuts or anything similar since ... hmhm... i think it was september 2008.

patience
February 18th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Still haven't cut. I really need to s&d sometime soon though. Resisting the urge to even up the hemline.

socks
February 18th, 2009, 09:20 PM
No trimming is really my default. It's been about 8 years or so since my last real trim. However, I'm planning to maintain my hair when it reaches ankle, which means that my first trim in a long, looong time will probably come in January of 2010. So, this is going to be my last full year without any trims! I'm excited, but also a bit scared. What's it going to be like to start trimming my hair again?

Rosa.Damascena
February 19th, 2009, 02:22 AM
I haven't trimmed my hair since summer 2008 - and I don't plan to trim, until I reach at least classic. So that means no trims 2009 and 2010. My hemline doesn't get thin fast, so there is no urge for trims. I just let it grow and hope for more length. :)

KnightsLady
February 19th, 2009, 02:43 AM
Oooh, help! My ends have the crunchies and I've felt the urge strike!

I went and purchased a scalp tonic, just to do something different that didn't involve scissors. I hope this passes.

Oskimosa
February 19th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I actually started S&D now and then. It's a losing battle with my c/iii hair. There's just too much. I don't know why I bother :p Anyhow, my ends just look annoying to me. I hate how the layers look. It definately looks like I'm "growing out" a haircut, not as if I had my hair layered to look like this on purpose. I'm contemplating shaping the layers up since I don't want to lose length, but I think I want to grow them out to a blunt hemline. Anyway, I have ALL OF 2009 to decide!

lapushka
February 19th, 2009, 12:49 PM
I'm in! I haven't trimmed since August of 2008, that's 6 months without a trim this February! Yay! I'm not going to trim until next August for sure, and maybe not even after that, who knows.

Glamgirl
February 19th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Hi there everyone!! I would like to join you!! I haven't cut since 08/08/08. I am trying to go for as long as possible without trimming. I do have some splits, but they are not insanely bad...yet...lol

Here is a pic after my last cut:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/mjensen1/007c.jpg

And last month:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/mjensen1/HOME011-2-2.jpg

I had it cut to a rounded shape, and this is what it naturally grew into...

So I'm hoping I can go a year or more...even though my hairstylist told me that because I've waited so long to trim, that my ends are "dead", and that I should cut at least 4"- 6" off. Not gonna do that though!! What do you all think?

:)

lapushka
February 19th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Don't worry. Hairdressers *always* say your ends are dead (well, they actually are dead, but that's not what *they* mean). Any occasion is a good occasion to cut, is what that means.

I wouldn't worry! As long as you S&D once in a while, you're fine! Your hair looks great BTW! I don't see any "dead" ends. I only see hair that is very much "alive"! :thumbsup:

Oskimosa
February 19th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Whatever!! Your hair looks stunning. I don't see anything dead about it. It's hair. Also: prety cool how your hair is doing that v-shaped hemline on its own.

Glamgirl
February 19th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Don't worry. Hairdressers *always* say your ends are dead (well, they actually are dead, but that's not what *they* mean). Any occasion is a good occasion to cut, is what that means.

I wouldn't worry! As long as you S&D once in a while, you're fine! Your hair looks great BTW! I don't see any "dead" ends. I only see hair that is very much "alive"! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words!:flower:

I'm embarrassed to say I have never actually done a S&D before...:o

I really need to get a good pair of hair cutting scissors and give it a try! Any suggestions on what scissors I should get?

Pixna
February 19th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Glamgirl, your hair looks fabulous!!! Hairdressers will find any excuse to try to coerce someone into cutting her hair -- after all, that's their business, and if we stop going to them, they won't have any (bwahahahaha).

I love the way it has grown -- it looks incredibly natural and beautiful and, yes, healthy. I'd be thrilled if mine grew similarly!

Isblå
February 19th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Oh my, I just couldn't resist, I have been doing some dusting, due to silly sticking out uneven ends caused by my last severely layered haircut last august. I'll be good from now and I won't do it again!

paper
February 19th, 2009, 05:20 PM
It's been 4 months since my last trim. I was getting my hair trimmed every 3 - 4 months. My ends are in good shape, so need to trim. It takes some getting used to though! I'm hoping to get to APL soon!

Glamgirl
February 19th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Whatever!! Your hair looks stunning. I don't see anything dead about it. It's hair. Also: prety cool how your hair is doing that v-shaped hemline on its own.

Aww...Thanks!! You're so sweet!! :p

Glamgirl
February 19th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Glamgirl, your hair looks fabulous!!! Hairdressers will find any excuse to try to coerce someone into cutting her hair -- after all, that's their business, and if we stop going to them, they won't have any (bwahahahaha).

I love the way it has grown -- it looks incredibly natural and beautiful and, yes, healthy. I'd be thrilled if mine grew similarly!

Thank you so much for the kind compliments!! You made my day!!:blossom:

Country Cowcurl
February 20th, 2009, 09:51 PM
as you may have read, i cut my hair off on the 27th of january, when my friend was killed in afghanistan. technically i'm not allowed to cut it for a year, but regardless, i don't want to lose any more length!! sign me up!

ScrimHazard
February 20th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Me too, sign me up! Only, I'm scared I'll break in a fit of "my ends aren't perfect"-itis. I haven't had a trim since September, so maybe I should run and get one tomorrow? Eek, I'm anxious already. No wait, I still want in on this.
No trims for me!

Peter
February 21st, 2009, 12:05 AM
After seeing this thread, I measured my hair again out of curiosity... I'm at 25" now (measured LHC-style) and two months ago I was at 24". Yay :D

Misha
February 21st, 2009, 05:13 AM
My last trim was in early November, so approaching 4 months now. I used to trim every 2 months, so this is a first. It's interesting to see the different grow rates of hairs, as some parts are starting to fairytail now. I used to insist on a blunt hemline, but now I'm curious and looking forward to see how it will look naturally. :)

Glamgirl - WOW, your hair is beautiful. Such pretty curls and shine!

Glamgirl
February 21st, 2009, 11:34 AM
My last trim was in early November, so approaching 4 months now. I used to trim every 2 months, so this is a first. It's interesting to see the different grow rates of hairs, as some parts are starting to fairytail now. I used to insist on a blunt hemline, but now I'm curious and looking forward to see how it will look naturally. :)

Glamgirl - WOW, your hair is beautiful. Such pretty curls and shine!

Thanks Misha! :) You are so sweet!!

Your hair is lovely too, and it will be fun to see how your hemline evolves with no trims.

yrrebwartsymssi
February 22nd, 2009, 01:08 PM
its going on 2 months for me in another week... im so proud of myself!!! I'm also proud of everyone else here... I dunno if anyone here had as big a battle as i did with stepping away from the scissors initially when i started...

Anyways.. my hair is definately thanking me for this :D

LaurelSpring
March 6th, 2009, 01:28 PM
A little over two months down now. So far so good! I am approaching my antsy stage. Last week visions of layers floated through my head but no way! I did have one weak moment and put a few wispy fringes around my face which I of course regretted immediately. Length is doing fine and in good shape. My taper is looking like a fin tail right now but it doesnt bother me. Im still going strong.

oldgregg
March 6th, 2009, 01:30 PM
that is a great idea, just watch out for split ends

chris1374
March 6th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Great idea! Go for it!

florenonite
March 6th, 2009, 01:41 PM
I haven't cut since September, but I've been tempted lately. I've got split ends and hate S&Ding because it hurts my eyes after a few minutes, so I kind of want to just do an all-over trim.

paper
March 6th, 2009, 01:48 PM
It's been 4 months since my last trim. This is new to me! But, I can really see it growing and I like that! :D

Nera
March 6th, 2009, 01:53 PM
I will join! even though I have a lot of damage to remove... my ends will damage either way, even right after a fresh trim.

Glamgirl
March 7th, 2009, 01:36 AM
7 months now with no trims!! :cheese:

DecafJane
March 7th, 2009, 02:10 AM
I haven't cut my hair since September 2007. Sometimes I get curious about what it would be like to go back and get a trim, but I don't feel like I can lose any length right now, particularly not enough that an over-zealous hairdresser can take off more than I want. I'm still happy to leave it until the end of the year. :D

sumptuousness
March 7th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Yay! No trims since July 2008, intend not to trim the whole of 2009. Wish I had measured after last trim for comparison purposes but only found this place recently... Marvellous stuff!!

BellaB
March 7th, 2009, 01:09 PM
First post, and I'm joining the no trim club! :) My bf and I actually made a bet (his idea, I think he wants me with long hair!) that the first one to cut their hair loses, and the winner gets a shopping spree! I hope this thread will help me along, plus it helps that I really want long hair too. So count me in, last cut was Dec 2009!

BellaB
March 7th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Oops, meant 2008 *blush*

kali_shey
March 7th, 2009, 01:22 PM
I'm in! The bottom few inches of my hair could probably stand to be lopped off (considering all the abuse I subjected it to when it was short) but with oil it's not a problem and I'm not having it trimmed until it passes waist-length anyway.

Yay for moral support!!! :D It sounds like a great idea!

GlennaGirl
March 7th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Hmmm. I could probably do this. I haven't had a trim since June of last year, so (counting on fingers) nine months, and it's still pretty even. I think I can commit to nine more months and hopefully some good growth. :)

KnightsLady
March 21st, 2009, 01:53 AM
Bowing out of the club. I folded today as I walked past the hairdresser. Went in and had a 1cm trim to get rid off some of the split ends. So much for my resolve to go natural. :rolleyes:

DecafJane
March 21st, 2009, 06:44 AM
1cm trim isn't bad! Perhaps you can rejoin now for the rest of the year. :)

KnightsLady
March 21st, 2009, 09:30 AM
1cm trim isn't bad! Perhaps you can rejoin now for the rest of the year. :)

Thanks for the offer, but I've done it once so will probably will do it again. :rolleyes: It means that my resolve wasn't as strong as I had thought. It will be better just to go in for a trim if I feel like it, without having the guilts about breaking my commitment to see the year out without scissors. :o I will probably reduce the number of times and amount trimmed, so there will be some upside. :)

Robbi Dehlinger
March 21st, 2009, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the offer, but I've done it once so will probably will do it again. :rolleyes: It means that my resolve wasn't as strong as I had thought. It will be better just to go in for a trim if I feel like it, without having the guilts about breaking my commitment to see the year out without scissors. :o I will probably reduce the number of times and amount trimmed, so there will be some upside. :)

Your hair is so pretty, I would not complain:)

KnightsLady
March 22nd, 2009, 01:27 AM
Your hair is so pretty, I would not complain:)

Thanks Robbi. :) I need to start seeing it that way myself. I've been in such a hurry to get it longer, I've not been enjoying it the way it is now as much as I could.

Robbi Dehlinger
March 22nd, 2009, 11:14 PM
Thanks Robbi. :) I need to start seeing it that way myself. I've been in such a hurry to get it longer, I've not been enjoying it the way it is now as much as I could.

That updo make you look very elegant also:D

wahmof9
March 22nd, 2009, 11:43 PM
Still knew to this forum what is S&D? :)

Heavenly Locks
March 22nd, 2009, 11:47 PM
Still knew to this forum what is S&D? :)

S&D means search and destroy :) It's a method of taking a pair of good hair scissors and only snipping off a split end. One hair at a time. Other damage that I take off are white dots which are split ends that haven't split yet. The part below the dot will break off and the end that is left will split.

Many of us do this in direct sunlight for a set number of minutes per week or month. I try to go for 20 minutes per week.

As an update for the no trimming, I'm doing well. No trims since Oct. 2008 and my ends are doing great :)

wahmof9
March 22nd, 2009, 11:54 PM
Can I sstill join?

My last trim was in January some time. I will do the S&D though as I cannot stand split ends and have been known to chop my hair all of for too many of them...

Do you report monthly?

So let me know if I can still join.

Tap Dancer
March 23rd, 2009, 05:51 AM
I think I'm going to pull out. (Probably no big surprise to those of you who know me. LOL) I'm still growing at the moment. But I do love shorter hair... I want to gain a little more length, but I doubt I'll let it grow much longer. And while I'm loving the very low maintenence look of one-length-no-bangs hair, I keep dreaming of how my hair looked two summers ago: bangs, razored, thinned, and layered. It was also low maintenence (except for the bangs) because all I did was wash and air dry, as usual. Otherwise, I want to keep my hair the way it is right now, but maybe an inch shorter. My hair looks best a little above my shoulders or a few inches below my shoulders. :rolleyes: ;)

I think it all boils down to the fact that I love thick hair, BUT my hair doesn't look great when it gets long. It not only grows down; it grows out. It gets big and poofy, which doesn't look good to me. Same old story with me, right? :p

Sorry for the long post. :o

LaurelSpring
March 23rd, 2009, 07:55 AM
Three months now. Such a short time but it seems like its been forever. I had one spurt there when my hair seemed to grow overnight but now its back to feeling like it stalled. I did get in a mood yesterday and do a little fringe. Its ok but as always I regret when I do that. It feels like a watched pot. It only seems to grow when Im not looking.

Pixna
March 23rd, 2009, 08:03 AM
I'm still on board, hanging tight, with no intention of trimming whatsoever. I have no urge to do so at all. Grow, hair, grow!!!

Peter
April 30th, 2009, 09:14 AM
After seeing this thread, I measured my hair again out of curiosity... I'm at 25" now (measured LHC-style) and two months ago I was at 24". Yay :D
This was February 21. I had grown 1" in 2 months. Now it's a bit over 2 months later, and I'm at nearly 27"? :eek: I measured several times to make sure and I consistently get around 26.7" or 26.8".

My ends are getting a bit dry lately, but I'm not sure if it's from clarifying, the summer heat, or damage. How is everyone else doing with this?

sagebabies
April 30th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Hi Everyone!

I'd like to join this group! My last hair cut was December 08 and I want to keep growing till Jan 10! I have no split ends and my hair seems pretty healthy....so barring a major hair disaster I don't want to cut this year.

I am 8 months pregnant, so I'll have no time to think about hair cuts anyway (I have three kids already). My hair has been growing like crazy, and I'm a little scared about post pregnancy shed.....but so far everything is moving along nicely.

Anyway....I'm excited about no hair cuts. A little nervous because some people swear by microtrims, but I figure as long as my ends are healthy I should not need to trim, right?

patience
April 30th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks for bumping this up Peter.

I am having a hard time right now. My ends are getting bad because of previous damage. I believe the scissors I used for S&D were dull and caused more damage. Plus, I seem to be in a stall. Arggg. I feel between a rock and a hard place. I want to trim away the damage, but since I'm stalled, I really don't want to lose the length. :(

LaurelSpring
April 30th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Four months and going strong! My ends are fine and my taper is just about at waist now. Very exciting!!:cheese:

I am loving the no trim thing. Other than a little fringe cut its clear sailing now. No urges to cut at all.

EnyaC
April 30th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Ok, I'm game.

I let my longtime stylist do "something new" last september - she took about 7". I hated it, haven't been back.

I'll be growing out some significant layering. I'm not sure I can go without a reshaping for the rest of the year, but I'll try to last until October.

I will be doing S&D.

Katrina
April 30th, 2009, 11:28 AM
I pull out because I found out that four months is the longest I can go easily without any trims. It was helpfull to realise it, I suppose.

I trimmed about half an inch a week ago and feel much better with my hair now. It was starting to tangle more than usually and to be honest, I didn't like the uneven hemline that was starting to show... Anyway, my hair's healthiness is very important to me, so i figured out I'd better trim a little.

It also hit a stall and didn't grow at all in March and not much in April either. I was suprised to see that it started to grow right after the trim. Was it a coincident? Did the stall pass or was the nontrimming something, that caused the stall? I don't know. I was ill almost whole March so it could explain something too, I guess.

I am still going to trim the minimum, perhaps less than half an inch every three months or so. But I won't qualify as a nontrimmer anymore.

I wish happy growing to all nontrimmers :).

Pixna
April 30th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I'm still going strong. No trims, no desire to trim. I am totally on board!!!

florenonite
April 30th, 2009, 11:41 AM
I'm debating a small 1/2" trim. My ends are really tangled so I think it might be beneficial, but I've not trimmed since September and want to go a whole year.

ale
April 30th, 2009, 11:45 AM
I think I'm in! Actually I have no plans or goals for 2009, since I reached my goal length months ago, and I'm happily going beyond it, to see what happens.
No plans means obviously no plans of trimming!

paper
April 30th, 2009, 03:09 PM
It's been 6 months since my last trim. My ends look good, so I'm hoping I can finish out the year with no trims and maybe be at BSL by the end of the year!!!

xrosiex
April 30th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Im still in! No trim in the last 6 months. I still dont have any desire to trim.:):):)

GlennaGirl
April 30th, 2009, 07:02 PM
I may be able to do this...I've gone about 10 months without a trim as it is. If I don't cut this year, I may be BSL by December. :cheese: That would be cool. That would be the longest my hair has ever been!!