PDA

View Full Version : BSL by Christmas/Yule/Hanukkah 2020

SleepyTangles
January 16th, 2020, 03:24 AM
As it says on the tin ;).

I think I may be a bit optimistic for myself. I'm barely at shoulder... but hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

Ylva
January 16th, 2020, 04:06 AM
Gogogo, you can do it! By the power of no-trimming, I believe in you! :hooched:

SleepyTangles
January 16th, 2020, 07:40 AM
Gogogo, you can do it! By the power of no-trimming, I believe in you! :hooched:

I'll resist and be strong. The trimming bug won't have me :demon:

0xalis
January 16th, 2020, 09:41 PM
Man I wish. I'm hoping for collarbone, which should be totally doable, if I don't have any massive stalls!

midbackorbust
January 16th, 2020, 11:48 PM
I'm in! I'm juuust at APL right now so I think it should be possible! :cheer:

Suortuva
January 16th, 2020, 11:58 PM
I'm in too!

I'm just below APL, and the distance it's not that huge... I had to get rid of the rest of the damage during this year, and I have understood that gaining length can't be my priority just now, but I will give this a try. My goal is still long hair before 40.

Hexana
January 17th, 2020, 02:01 AM
As it says on the tin ;).

I think I may be a bit optimistic for myself. I'm barely at shoulder... but hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

Hey, I'm just above APL and for me BSL seems pretty far too (my hair grows very slowly). But maybe we can all cheer each other on and hope for the best! :hifive::applause

curlqueenjadine
January 17th, 2020, 03:38 AM
I have curly hair (so a victim of shrinkage), but it's currently sitting at a comfortable shoulder length. I know it's a long shot but I'm determined to be at least close to bsl by December!

leafygreens18
January 17th, 2020, 09:13 AM
If I'm not BSL by Christmas.... oof. But I'm hopeful!

blackgothicdoll
January 17th, 2020, 07:17 PM
Whoo! I'm in! I should definitely make it by Christmas, I only need 3-4 inches, but this gives me a nice pace and can afford me some trims if I choose - though I do want to retain all my length this year. I have a lot of damage still and I need to be realistic.

BethiBerries
January 17th, 2020, 07:21 PM
I'll cheer you on from further down, I recently just got to waist length (hoping to get to BCL by later this year/early next year) I know you can do it!!!

browntatis
January 17th, 2020, 08:45 PM
Yeees! I'm in!
My hair is currently 20 inches long and BSL is 26 inches, so I think 6 inches is kinda realistic.
I am also not trimming this yea.
Thank you for creating this thread!

Here is my starting picture from almost two weeks ago.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39799&d=1578444035

Stray_mind
January 18th, 2020, 02:38 AM
I don't know if it is fair for me to join this, since i am less than an inch away from BSL. I will cheer everyone on though! :flower:

SleepyTangles
January 18th, 2020, 06:15 AM
I'm in! I'm juuust at APL right now so I think it should be possible! :cheer:

I'm in too!

I'm just below APL, and the distance it's not that huge... I had to get rid of the rest of the damage during this year, and I have understood that gaining length can't be my priority just now, but I will give this a try. My goal is still long hair before 40.

Hey, I'm just above APL and for me BSL seems pretty far too (my hair grows very slowly). But maybe we can all cheer each other on and hope for the best! :hifive::applause

If I'm not BSL by Christmas.... oof. But I'm hopeful!

Whoo! I'm in! I should definitely make it by Christmas, I only need 3-4 inches, but this gives me a nice pace and can afford me some trims if I choose - though I do want to retain all my length this year. I have a lot of damage still and I need to be realistic.

Yeees! I'm in!
My hair is currently 20 inches long and BSL is 26 inches, so I think 6 inches is kinda realistic.
I am also not trimming this yea.
Thank you for creating this thread!

Here is my starting picture from almost two weeks ago.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39799&d=1578444035

Woo-hoooo! Welcome on board, everybody! :flowers:
I feared I was the only one struck at this awkward stage!

I will use my 3rd Jennuary lenght shot as a starting point. I like it better than the early December pic, it´s lighter and clearer.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39615&d=1578069386

SleepyTangles
January 18th, 2020, 06:17 AM
I don't know if it is fair for me to join this, since i am less than an inch away from BSL. I will cheer everyone on though! :flower:

Aw, thanks! Stay and have fun, tough... maybe a TBL or FTL by Christmas would be more fitting :D

SleepyTangles
January 18th, 2020, 06:18 AM
I have curly hair (so a victim of shrinkage), but it's currently sitting at a comfortable shoulder length. I know it's a long shot but I'm determined to be at least close to bsl by December!

It´s a daring goal for me, too! But that´s the fun, I guess

SleepyTangles
January 18th, 2020, 06:20 AM
Man I wish. I'm hoping for collarbone, which should be totally doable, if I don't have any massive stalls!

My hair always surprises me, in the growth department! But anyway, this is a marathon, not a race: keep going, we are here :cheer:

poojasilk
January 18th, 2020, 11:49 AM
I'm at SL too and have high hopes for the end of 2020 as well! I can get trim happy but have committed to no trims atleast for the first half of the year. BSL here I come! Lets do this!

branbran
January 26th, 2020, 10:08 AM
Count me in guys! I have highly textured hair, so shrinkage is my foe. But I'm hoping to reach BSL from collarbone by Christmas. Good luck everyone!

SleepyTangles
January 26th, 2020, 10:10 AM
I'm at SL too and have high hopes for the end of 2020 as well! I can get trim happy but have committed to no trims atleast for the first half of the year. BSL here I come! Lets do this!

Count me in guys! I have highly textured hair, so shrinkage is my foe. But I'm hoping to reach BSL from collarbone by Christmas. Good luck everyone!

Welcome on board! :cheer:

leafygreens18
January 26th, 2020, 11:03 AM
https://i.imgur.com/FNgkxAO.jpg

I'm pretty sure I'll get there, though my mother did express some doubt when I told her that I wanted to be there by Christmas. :rolleyes:

gustavonut
January 26th, 2020, 11:56 AM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39945&d=1580065296

I’ll join but it’s only because there isn’t a APL by Christmas 2020 thread. I don’t know if I will be BSL though but maybe APL would be doable

Even Obi Wan in the background looks like he’s having some doubts lol

Ylva
January 26th, 2020, 12:10 PM
I’ll join but it’s only because there isn’t a APL by Christmas 2020 thread. I don’t know if I will be BSL though but maybe APL would be doable

You could make one!

Also :lol:

gustavonut
January 26th, 2020, 12:17 PM
You could make one!

Also :lol:

Just made it ;)

shutterpillar
January 26th, 2020, 03:23 PM
Hello! I think I'm going to go ahead and join here. I am just past APL and had a recent trim where I took off two inches to thicken up after a huge shed I had last year, so I'm ready to get growing! I hope this isn't too optimistic of a goal for me, but I think I can do it if I only require one more trim again around June or July. Wish me luck! Glad to be here with all of you! :o

a1oevera
January 26th, 2020, 11:07 PM
I’m in!! I’m about an inch past APL but I’m hoping to make it to BSL before the end of the year! Let’s go :))

illicitlizard
January 27th, 2020, 06:10 AM
Just past APL also, hoping for solid BSL by the end of the year!! Should be doable, all you people trying to get from SL to BSL in 1 year I envy your growth speed and possibly optimism 😂

Simpscone
January 27th, 2020, 07:19 AM
Joining this thread!

I'm really hoping to get to BSL by mid-2020, but I'm also going to potentially trim at the end of the 6 month or 12 month mark challenges, so I'm more realistically hoping to be at BSL by the end of the year even with the trims.

I measured 23.5" at the beginning of January so hopefully I'm around 24" now. BSL on me is 26", so really I only need 2".

But my last trim was 3", so if it needs that again... it might just work out to be in this thread :lol: I guess we'll see what I'm saying at the end of the year!

YvetteVarie
January 28th, 2020, 12:08 AM
I'm in. I should get there soon since I am at BSB but I do need a trim

gustavonut
January 28th, 2020, 04:54 AM
Just past APL also, hoping for solid BSL by the end of the year!! Should be doable, all you people trying to get from SL to BSL in 1 year I envy your growth speed and possibly optimism ��

I know I won’t get there but if I did I would be so happy :happydance:

gustavonut
January 28th, 2020, 04:55 AM
I'm in. I should get there soon since I am at BSB but I do need a trim

What’s BSB? Bra-strap bottom??

SleepyTangles
January 28th, 2020, 04:58 AM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39945&d=1580065296

Can I say that I love the color?? It's so mermaid-y and serene, and soft.

leafygreens18
January 28th, 2020, 08:51 AM
Can I say that I love the color?? It's so mermaid-y and serene, and soft.

Agreed! gustavonut's color is so soft and pretty!

gustavonut
January 28th, 2020, 09:41 AM
Agreed! gustavonut's color is so soft and pretty!

Thank you both! I like the color a lot too, but I felt like trying a darker color, so I dyed it with directions Atlantic blue. If I keep doing what I was doing before then I’ll get back to the lighter color again in no time. For the time being I’ll enjoy this navy blue ;) (pictures in my profile)

YvetteVarie
January 29th, 2020, 12:02 AM
What’s BSB? Bra-strap bottom??

It's below shoulder blade. My bra strap site 2 inches under my shoulder blades, so I have a distance to go

wishy
January 29th, 2020, 08:47 AM
I'm in! Currently at 19.75 and BSL is 25.5 for me.

YvetteVarie
February 3rd, 2020, 12:24 AM
I trimmed off an inch from my ends. I had a lot of grabby ends especially in the front. Now I am ready to focus on growing out as much at possible

giraff
February 3rd, 2020, 02:20 AM
I'm in! I have about a cm or so to go until APL, and approximately 15 cm to BSL, under the strap. A little ambitious, but it doesn't hurt to try :)

Hexana
February 3rd, 2020, 03:47 AM
I'm in! I have about a cm or so to go until APL, and approximately 15 cm to BSL, under the strap. A little ambitious, but it doesn't hurt to try :)

My husband measured my hair yesterday and I have the exact same measurements ;)
Fingers crossed we both make it to BSL until Christmas

poojasilk
February 12th, 2020, 01:38 PM
My hair has grown 2 inches since I last measured so that means 3 more inches to APL! I'm excited, and feeling like BSL is not too far away!

Laurenhope29
February 12th, 2020, 01:53 PM
I'm in :) My hair is at APL now after doing another big chop. Last year i did a big chop to APL in March and got to BSL by Novemberish so i know i can do it.
And my ends are in much better condition this time :cheer:

hannabiss
February 12th, 2020, 02:02 PM
I'm totally in! I'm a little past shoulder. But I tend to get a bit of a growth spurt in the summer so Im really hoping to make. I know for sure I'll be a little past APL anyhow. :) Now if I can just remember to keep my hair put up!

SleepyTangles
February 13th, 2020, 03:02 AM
Welcome girls!
hannabiss, trust your follicles, they know the way :cheer:

wo
February 17th, 2020, 12:36 PM
I just cut from...some kind of booty area length to APL so this is about right for me. I think I'll probably get to BSL sooner than Christmas, but not be at waist yet. Anyway my hair is so much curlier since my haircut! I thought my hair itself had changed but it was just the length. These pics aren't great for length shots, but it's just about exactly APL. (It's not an interesting color, it's just the lighting doing tricks. 😝 )
https://i.imgur.com/Kd0hRhh.jpg

poojasilk
February 17th, 2020, 07:26 PM
I love your curls wo, they're such perfect ringlets!

SleepyTangles
February 19th, 2020, 12:36 AM
I just cut from...some kind of booty area length to APL so this is about right for me. I think I'll probably get to BSL sooner than Christmas, but not be at waist yet. Anyway my hair is so much curlier since my haircut! I thought my hair itself had changed but it was just the length. These pics aren't great for length shots, but it's just about exactly APL. (It's not an interesting color, it's just the lighting doing tricks. �� )

Those curls! :crush:
Welcome on board!

SleepyTangles
March 21st, 2020, 05:15 AM
Bump!
We still have a long road ahead, thankfully! On me APL and BSL tend to sit closer than Shoulder and APL, so we´ll see how far we can stretch.
I also think that after NYE 2021 I´ll maintain whatever length I´ve reached for a while with regular dustings, in hope to get the shorter bits to catch up :hmm:. I have few wispies on the sides and top of my head that are driving me crazy.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40686&d=1584788646
(image resized for convenience)

Hexana
March 22nd, 2020, 04:56 AM

O wow wo your ringlets are perfect! Welcome to the thread :)

wo
March 23rd, 2020, 08:33 AM
Thank you Hexana!

CalystaStarr
March 23rd, 2020, 11:37 AM
I'm In. Although I'm sure my hair will reach bsl long before then, it's only a few inches away.

poojasilk
April 29th, 2020, 03:18 PM
My hair is officially APL now :D 8 more months until BSL! How's everyone else doing?

Suortuva
April 29th, 2020, 03:31 PM
I'm somewhere between APL and BSL, but I'm afraid I have to trim, the last 10 cm of my hair is in a quite bad shape, so I'm not doing so great...

blackgothicdoll
April 29th, 2020, 04:43 PM
I'm still on track even after my cut. 3 inches away from BSL in the back, more in the front now, maybe 6. I think I will be microtrimming to slowly even up the layers, but I think I still have some wiggle room.

leafygreens18
April 29th, 2020, 09:48 PM
I'm probably just going to practice benign neglect for a while lol... I want BSL so bad. I think I just need to ignore my hair.

SleepyTangles
April 29th, 2020, 11:59 PM
poojasilk, that's great! :D
I'm in shoulder territory still, so it'll be a challenge! But we like challenges 8)...
Hair is doing surprisingly good: despite bleach-damage, is pretty shiny. It just needs lots of love and moisture, but I think I won't be forced to do any massive trim...

YvetteVarie
April 30th, 2020, 02:59 AM
I think I am still on track but the only thing that might hold me back is not enough time to care for my hair. I'm an essential worker, so I have very little free time

Suortuva
July 8th, 2020, 10:04 AM
How is everyone doing?

At the moment I feel my not-so-good ends are doing just fine and I'm hoping I won't need any big trims.

Some days I feel I'm so near, almost brushing the upper part of my bra strap, some days it feels that to the end of December is barely enough time.

SleepyTangles
July 8th, 2020, 10:15 AM
My situation is like the bumblebee quote: there's no math in heaven or earth that can bring my hair to BSL by Christmas... buuuut I'm just going to ignore it and maybe I'll fly anyway :bounce:

KokoroDragon
July 8th, 2020, 10:30 AM
Is it too late for me to join? I just passed APL a bit ago.

SleepyTangles
July 8th, 2020, 10:35 AM
Nope, not at all :D! It's not a seasonal challenge, just a let's-grow-together kinda thread. Welcome... and how are you doing?

Hexana
August 2nd, 2020, 01:21 AM
I also measured today and I'm 10,5 to the bottom of my bra strap, so I won't be reaching BSL until Christmas :(
But I would still like to stay here to see all of you that will reach it :D I will be cheering you on! :cheer:

wishy
August 2nd, 2020, 11:44 AM
It's been six months since I checked in. I've grown 3 inches and I'm currently sitting at 23 inches. It's just below my shoulder blades which makes it feels so close! I have 2.5-3 inches left until BSL so I am very hopeful I can make it. I had a spurt last fall that I hope repeats itself. No plans for a trim until I am a bit past BSL.

Suortuva
August 2nd, 2020, 12:25 PM
It's actually going great, because I'm there stretched. I need maybe 1 inch to be there unstreched... So I'm gonna wait until it looks like BSL with dry hair. I might even microtrim. I'm not in hurry :o

illicitlizard
August 3rd, 2020, 05:33 AM
Just measured my hair, I'm sitting at around 23", BSL is 25" so I should get there by December! Very exciting, BSL feels like the first step into long-ish hair territory

Congratulations Suortuva, reached that goal easy peasy :)
wishy we have the same hair length!

wishy
August 20th, 2020, 01:29 PM
Four months to go. Couldn't stand my ends any longer and did a 1" trim the other day (first trim in 10 months), putting me back at 22.5". It sucks losing two months progress, but my hair is behaving a lot better now. I'm going to S&D the rest out and try to do better keeping up on that.

I find that bra straps vary (some at 25" others around 26") so I'm still trying to decide on what measurement to use. At 25" I might still make my goal by the end of the year. A growth spurt would be really nice too :pray:

illicitlizard
August 30th, 2020, 07:59 PM
Just measured my hair, I'm sitting at around 23", BSL is 25" so I should get there by December!
So, I measured and measured again, I seem to be sitting at 23.75" now? So something's up, growing faster than usual it seems (or last month my measurement was off).

wishy
August 31st, 2020, 07:42 AM
So, I measured and measured again, I seem to be sitting at 23.75" now? So something's up, growing faster than usual it seems (or last month my measurement was off).

My growth is speeding up too! It did last fall too, so I'm assuming this is my faster growth season (I hardly grew at all over the summer months). Or maybe my trim helped as well. I've also revamped my diet over the past month and it's a ton healthier now so I wonder...

You are so close!!

Suortuva
December 24th, 2020, 04:50 PM
It's actually going great, because I'm there stretched. I need maybe 1 inch to be there unstreched... So I'm gonna wait until it looks like BSL with dry hair. I might even microtrim. I'm not in hurry :o

Ha ha ha... I wrote this in the beginning of August, and I'm still there, exactly in the same spot. My hair is literally not growing. I can't believe that.

Hexana
December 25th, 2020, 09:42 AM
Hey guys! So how did you do? Did you manage to get to BSL by Christmas?
I (as I already called it a couple of months ago) didn't. I am missing 5cm to really be a sold BSL. Hopefully I will be there soon 😊
Here is my current length

https://i.ibb.co/5sZK5fT/IMG-20201225-083029.jpg (https://ibb.co/5sZK5fT)

lapushka
December 25th, 2020, 09:48 AM
I (as I already called it a couple of months ago) didn't. I am missing 5cm to really be a sold BSL. Hopefully I will be there soon ��

That's not going to be that much longer though, you will for sure be there come summer time!

Hexana
December 25th, 2020, 02:09 PM
That's not going to be that much longer though, you will for sure be there come summer time!

Hopefully! 😊

Guys how did everyone else do?

SleepyTangles
December 25th, 2020, 02:33 PM
I (as I already called it a couple of months ago) didn't. I am missing 5cm to really be a sold BSL. Hopefully I will be there soon ��

The progress is amazing! :cheer:
I actually didn't, but I hit solid APL and that's good enough ;)... Now ONWARD! :cheese:
Or downward, rather? :hmm:

ETA: most recent lenght shot
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43732&d=1608143468

illicitlizard
December 25th, 2020, 07:48 PM

Looks so close, especially given the waves and associated shrinkage!
I got there about a month ago :) YAY! Here's a recent pic, glad I made it, was a bit concerned after my midyear trim that I'd be cutting it close :p
https://i.imgur.com/963ftOIm.jpg

KokoroDragon
December 25th, 2020, 10:37 PM
Oh wow, I forgot about this thread!

Well, I'm happy to say I reached BSL earlier this month.

Congrats to everyone, whether you made it to BSL or not! Everyone's pictures look really great!

Bat
December 25th, 2020, 11:52 PM
I got there about a month ago :) YAY! Here's a recent pic, glad I made it, was a bit concerned after my midyear trim that I'd be cutting it close :p

It amazes me how fast your hair grows

illicitlizard
December 26th, 2020, 04:33 AM
Congratulations on BSL KokoroDragon :o

Bat thank you! I'm just short in the torso, everything is growing at a normal rate, it's keeping the scissors away that helps the most :p

Hexana
December 26th, 2020, 06:43 AM
SleepyTangles congrats on APL! I love your color!

illicitlizard congrats on BSL!

Suortuva
December 26th, 2020, 03:48 PM
Here's update of my situation:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43825&d=1609022752

Suortuva
December 28th, 2020, 01:49 PM
The thing is, I don't know if I should call it or not. Stretched I'm definitely a bit below BSL/my underboob line. But that's not the overall appearance...

squirrrel
December 28th, 2020, 02:07 PM
When to call a marker is a very personal thing. Some people prefer stretched (or sopping wet in the shower: no pictures of that, please!) while others prefer to wait for it to get there unstretched, and others like it to be there ‘solidly’ which means that it’s more than just a few hairs there. On that score, you do you.

Suortuva
December 28th, 2020, 04:36 PM
When to call a marker is a very personal thing. Some people prefer stretched (or sopping wet in the shower: no pictures of that, please!) while others prefer to wait for it to get there unstretched, and others like it to be there ‘solidly’ which means that it’s more than just a few hairs there. On that score, you do you.

Ha ha, I know! When it comes to others, I understand it can be perfectly fine to choose differently, but when it comes to me, I have no idea which one is right for me... Though it really doesn't matter, my hair it what it is and it is where it is, calling it or not doesn't change that.

But I'm a bit disappointed, because I was so sure I would be there more solidly by now.

wishy
December 28th, 2020, 07:12 PM

Wow it almost looks waist here!

I am still a hair under 25" which was BSL for me, but my hair brushes the top of pretty much all of my bra straps so I'm happy enough with that!

Bat
December 29th, 2020, 12:56 AM
Ha ha, I know! When it comes to others, I understand it can be perfectly fine to choose differently, but when it comes to me, I have no idea which one is right for me... Though it really doesn't matter, my hair it what it is and it is where it is, calling it or not doesn't change that.

But I'm a bit disappointed, because I was so sure I would be there more solidly by now.

I'll throw a question at you, if you called it now what are your first thoughts?

If it's yes I've made it! Or eh not enough is there, that really answers the question of your preference.. For me most has to be there or if I'm impatient I call it When it's "can I call it" stage

Suortuva
December 29th, 2020, 07:55 AM
I'll throw a question at you, if you called it now what are your first thoughts?

If it's yes I've made it! Or eh not enough is there, that really answers the question of your preference.. For me most has to be there or if I'm impatient I call it When it's "can I call it" stage

Well, that's it, I think, ha ha. Thanks! I feel the overall appearance is more important for me and I'll wait a bit longer.

Bat
December 30th, 2020, 04:25 AM
Well, that's it, I think, ha ha. Thanks! I feel the overall appearance is more important for me and I'll wait a bit longer.

Haha, happy to help! I'll be 'rooting' for you! :D

leafygreens18
December 30th, 2020, 04:18 PM
Hey guys! Just checking in on this one because I forgot. Honestly, I can't be bothered to take a photo (but everyone here looks great!!). Right now when stretched the longest of my hair is reaching lower back, tailbonish length, so I'm just going to call this one a success and move along.