View Full Version : BCL By Christmas 2020

Dark40
January 13th, 2020, 09:24 PM
Hi All,

I'm planning on growing my hair out to BCL by Christmas 2020. Who wants to grow with me?

RunOnCaffeine
January 14th, 2020, 03:08 AM
This is roughly the same as tailbone on me, so I'll join in :) I'm currently waist (maybe a bit past). How long is your hair?

Ylva
January 14th, 2020, 06:48 AM
I suppose I could hang out here until I do reach BCL, even though it will be well before the end of the year. In fact, it will be quite soon now in the winter/spring, but I'm not checking my hair length until the end of the month when it's time to take another length shot.

Dark40
January 14th, 2020, 10:51 AM
This is roughly the same as tailbone on me, so I'll join in :) I'm currently waist (maybe a bit past). How long is your hair?

I agree with you on that note, Welcome! :) I'm currently a little past waist too....about 2 inches below it. But, I've always thought that TBL and BCL were the same in lengths on me too.

Dark40
January 14th, 2020, 10:53 AM
Welcome Yiva ! :) Yes, I know what you mean not checking your length until the end of the month. I bet you will be soon like in winter/spring.

Belgrade Beauty
January 14th, 2020, 11:31 AM
Can I grow it from below bra strap till hip in a year?

Groovy Granny
January 14th, 2020, 11:37 AM
Can I grow it from below bra strap till hip in a year?

Possibly....depending on YOUR measurements.

Typically we grow around 1/2 inch per month on average....some more and some less.

Measure the distance on YOU between BSL and Hip ....if it is @6 inches (@ 1 years growth) ....it is possible.... as long as you don't trim.

Happy growing :cheer:

Belgrade Beauty
January 14th, 2020, 03:21 PM
Possibly....depending on YOUR measurements.

Typically we grow around 1/2 inch per month on average....some more and some less.

Measure the distance on YOU between BSL and Hip ....if it is @6 inches (@ 1 years growth) ....it is possible.... as long as you don't trim.

Happy growing :cheer:

20 cm from bsl to hip :/

Ylva
January 14th, 2020, 03:36 PM
20 cm from bsl to hip :/

Assuming your hair grows at average speed, you should gain about 12 cm in a year. After that, you won't have much longer to go. :) Besides, you might get a growth spurt as well. It's not so far!

Ylva
January 14th, 2020, 03:38 PM
Welcome Yiva ! :) Yes, I know what you mean not checking your length until the end of the month. I bet you will be soon like in winter/spring.

Thanks! We'll see how long it'll take for me to get there. Once I'm there, I'll just cheer everyone else on.

:cheer:

Belgrade Beauty
January 14th, 2020, 03:57 PM
Assuming your hair grows at average speed, you should gain about 12 cm in a year. After that, you won't have much longer to go. :) Besides, you might get a growth spurt as well. It's not so far!

Well in these 2 yrs I'm growing it I trimmed it 6 times in total each time 2cm,making it between 10-12 shorter. But still I have 26 cm longer hair than when I started. So I guess that it grew 36-38 cm in 2 yrs with hair care regiment I'm using. Maybe it is possible if I don't trim it. Thanks for your support :))) FYI I just did the math as I was writing LOL

Dark40
January 14th, 2020, 04:17 PM
Thanks! We'll see how long it'll take for me to get there. Once I'm there, I'll just cheer everyone else on.

You're welcome! Yes, I know the feeling of seeing how long it'll take for you to get there. Yes, me too. Once I'm there, I'll just cheer everyone else on too.

amiraaah
January 14th, 2020, 07:02 PM
I’m in :cheer: i think my hair will be BCL before the end of the year. It’s very close to BCL when wet but i will not call it until it reaches BCL when dry.

Ylva
January 25th, 2020, 06:00 AM
One week until it's time to take a length shot for February and check my length. Aaaaaaah, I'm getting so impatient! I was considering doing an inversion week before that but I don't think I can bother yet, I have too much stress at uni, but I'll probably do one in February.

Dark40
January 26th, 2020, 10:49 AM
Welcome amiraaah! :) :cheer:

Yiva, I know whatcha mean about getting impatient! I'm getting impatient with mine too. I'm not even close to hip length yet but I'm sure that I'll make it by this summer since my hair grows pretty fast. I'm also planning on doing another inversion method too in February but that's gonna have to wait until the second week in February. Because, my period always comes during the part of the month, and they always say not to do the inversion method while you're on your period. :D

CopperButterfly
January 26th, 2020, 10:19 PM
I think I'll join. I might be able to pull it off. I'm just past waist at 34.5 inches. BCL is about 40 inches on me. So in theory I might just make it.

LittleHealthy
January 27th, 2020, 04:45 AM
I think I'll join. I might be able to pull it off. I'm just past waist at 34.5 inches. BCL is about 40 inches on me. So in theory I might just make it.

You can do it! I'm at waist and have no hope because I am tall (I joined the Hip By Christmas 2020) but for you the 40" is totally doable! Just thought I'd chime in because we trundled through the BSL to Waist thread together :)

Sparkles122
January 27th, 2020, 06:56 AM
I think i’ll join this. Im at 31” right now and BCL measures about 36ish/37ish on me. If I dont trim, I think ill make it. I havent cut my hair since November 2018, and my left eye twitches just thinking about it. But my ends dont need it so im going to keep pushing through and continuing to search and destroy every so often, becaus it seems to be working alright

Bri-Chan
January 27th, 2020, 07:19 AM
Since bcl and tbl on are the same on my, I am in ;) I am almost 32 and the bcl/tbl is about 36 for me, I think it is a realistic goal

CopperButterfly
January 27th, 2020, 09:23 AM
You can do it! I'm at waist and have no hope because I am tall (I joined the Hip By Christmas 2020) but for you the 40" is totally doable! Just thought I'd chime in because we trundled through the BSL to Waist thread together :)
We did, and I love how your hair had grown out. It's looking so healthy compared to when we first "met." I think I remember we're both about the same height (around 6ft) but I've got longer legs. Waist to hip is really small on me, 3ish inches. Anyway, I'm glad you said hi!

Dark40
January 27th, 2020, 09:41 AM
Welcome, CopperButterfly, Sparkles122, and Bri-Chan! :) I'm at a little past waist now. I'm sure that I can pull this off. Maybe I'll reach there beforehand! I'm also sure that you guys will make it there too! Let's do this together!

Bri-Chan, I totally agree with you on the bcl and tbl are in the same area on my body too!

Ylva
January 27th, 2020, 09:44 AM
Welcome everyone!

Yiva, I know whatcha mean about getting impatient! I'm getting impatient with mine too. I'm not even close to hip length yet but I'm sure that I'll make it by this summer since my hair grows pretty fast. I'm also planning on doing another inversion method too in February but that's gonna have to wait until the second week in February. Because, my period always comes during the part of the month, and they always say not to do the inversion method while you're on your period. :D

I've also heard people say that but I personally never cared for that advice. I've just done it whenever I bothered regardless of whether I was on my period or not. But if that's not something you feel comfortable doing then it's best not to, of course.

Dark40
January 28th, 2020, 10:26 AM
Welcome everyone!

I've also heard people say that but I personally never cared for that advice. I've just done it whenever I bothered regardless of whether I was on my period or not. But if that's not something you feel comfortable doing then it's best not to, of course.

Thank you! I meant everyone. :D
Yeah, I've heard people say that too. Well, I have high blood pressure. So, I'd figured that I just be extra careful so that I never felt dizzy while doing it. Oh, and I never do it upside laying down on a bed. I just do it as I'm standing up or sitting down. Yeah, you do it whenever you feel comfortable.

Ylva
January 31st, 2020, 05:32 PM
I did a length check in the shower and I seem to be 0.5-1 cm away from BCL, so I don't get to call it just yet, but I should definitely be there next month.

Yeah, I've heard people say that too. Well, I have high blood pressure. So, I'd figured that I just be extra careful so that I never felt dizzy while doing it. Oh, and I never do it upside laying down on a bed. I just do it as I'm standing up or sitting down. Yeah, you do it whenever you feel comfortable.

Probably for the best then yeah if you have high blood pressure! It's good to play safe.

Dark40
February 1st, 2020, 10:41 AM
I did a length check in the shower and I seem to be 0.5-1 cm away from BCL, so I don't get to call it just yet, but I should definitely be there next month.

Probably for the best then yeah if you have high blood pressure! It's good to play safe.

Oh, that's great! Sounds like you're getting close. Yeah, I wouldn't call it just yet. Yeah, I've also learned from a youtuber that you shouldn't do it while you're on your period. Especially, if you have high blood pressure. Yes, it's best to play it safe. It doesn't hurt to wait the second week in the month to do it. I have to look up that youtuber that said that as she follows doing the inversion method every month.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to tell you....I measured today, and i'm almost hip length! I'm not calling it yet but I'm 1cm away from it. I don't have a measuring tape but I can see how long my hair is from the back, and it looks like it's almost hip length.

Dark40
February 1st, 2020, 01:09 PM
Yiva, I found the youtuber I was telling you about earlier that discusses in one of her videos about doing the, "Inversion Method," and when you should and should not do it. Her name is, "OrganicallyAnna. She has very long TBL I think hair now. She's also trying to grow her hair out to a certain length too, and she is going to maintain it at that length.

Ylva
February 1st, 2020, 03:25 PM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot to tell you....I measured today, and i'm almost hip length! I'm not calling it yet but I'm 1cm away from it. I don't have a measuring tape but I can see how long my hair is from the back, and it looks like it's almost hip length.

That's good, you'll get to call it pretty soon then.

Yiva, I found the youtuber I was telling you about earlier that discusses in one of her videos about doing the, "Inversion Method," and when you should and should not do it. Her name is, "OrganicallyAnna. She has very long TBL I think hair now. She's also trying to grow her hair out to a certain length too, and she is going to maintain it at that length.

I've seen some of her videos but she is sadly quite misinformed about a lot of stuff, so I don't particularly enjoy her content.

Ylva
February 1st, 2020, 03:26 PM
I forgot to update this thread with my most recent length shot (February).

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40033&d=1580556803

Dark40
February 1st, 2020, 09:15 PM
That's good, you'll get to call it pretty soon then.

Yeah, i'll be able to call it soon.

I've seen some of her videos but she is sadly quite misinformed about a lot of stuff, so I don't particularly enjoy her content.

Ok, I bet she is misinformed about a lot of stuff. Especially, about the sulfates and silicones. Now, she can use whatever she wants to use on her hair but my hair loves both sulfates and silicones.

LittleHealthy
February 10th, 2020, 01:46 AM

I think she is well informed but takes paid promotions so she does come across that way for sure. I vividly remember her promoting Sugar Bear hair vitamins in a YouTube video once, that was enough for me to unsubscribe! But I generally think she's got good knowledge on hair care, but unfortunately a lot of popular video makers have to earn a living and I suppose paid promotion is a way they do it, so some information gets skewed in that process I guess! It's a shame, authenticity is what I look for most!

Your February length shot is spectacular, by the way!!! Your natural colour is really coming in now, you've probably done the hardest yards with that now! And SO close to BCL!!

LittleHealthy
February 10th, 2020, 01:48 AM
Ok, I bet she is misinformed about a lot of stuff. Especially, about the sulfates and silicones. Now, she can use whatever she wants to use on her hair but my hair loves both sulfates and silicones.

My hair loves sulphates and silicones, too!

Ylva
February 10th, 2020, 02:35 AM
I think she is well informed but takes paid promotions so she does come across that way for sure. I vividly remember her promoting Sugar Bear hair vitamins in a YouTube video once, that was enough for me to unsubscribe! But I generally think she's got good knowledge on hair care, but unfortunately a lot of popular video makers have to earn a living and I suppose paid promotion is a way they do it, so some information gets skewed in that process I guess! It's a shame, authenticity is what I look for most!

Your February length shot is spectacular, by the way!!! Your natural colour is really coming in now, you've probably done the hardest yards with that now! And SO close to BCL!!

I remember her saying that coconut oil contains protein, for example, which is not true, so me considering her misinformed stems from things like that. I'm not saying she's totally full of crap, but things like that bother me personally even though someone else would consider them meaningless. :)

Thank you so much! :heart: I must say your hair is looking really thick and beautiful even though you recently changed your thickness to i!

Dark40
February 10th, 2020, 01:15 PM
I remember her saying that coconut oil contains protein, for example, which is not true, so me considering her misinformed stems from things like that. I'm not saying she's totally full of crap, but things like that bother me personally even though someone else would consider them meaningless. :)

Thank you so much! :heart: I must say your hair is looking really thick and beautiful even though you recently changed your thickness to i!

I agree with you on that note about coconut oil containing protein. I also remember her saying that too. I disagree with that too. How can any type of oil contain protein? Oils are meant for moisturizing the hair. Not strengthening it with some type of protein. Protein-based products gives your hair strength to make it stronger...not oils. I do see your point about her misinformed stems.

Ylva
February 28th, 2020, 08:04 AM
Pondering on whether to call it or not.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40438&d=1582899561

My ends are flippin' out so you'll have to use a bit of imagination to see the actual length.

Dark40
February 28th, 2020, 10:39 AM
Pondering on whether to call it or not.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40438&d=1582899561

My ends are flippin' out so you'll have to use a bit of imagination to see the actual length.

I would say that you're very close. I would call it within about a month from now.

Ylva
February 28th, 2020, 11:36 AM
I would say that you're very close. I would call it within about a month from now.

In the shower, my ends do reach BCL, so technically that qualifies, but I'll think about it for a while and see how I feel.

Dark40
February 28th, 2020, 03:50 PM
In the shower, my ends do reach BCL, so technically that qualifies, but I'll think about it for a while and see how I feel.

I bet in the shower your ends to reach BCL. When it's wet it does stretch some, so yes it does technically qualifies you....yeah, just think about it for a while and see how you feel.

Siv
February 29th, 2020, 07:11 AM
I reached BCL the other day! Oddly I stalled for a month and then had a growth spurt. BCL is my ultimate goal so now I'll microtrim for a bit more thickness.

By the way, I know people tend to do threads on their LHC anniversary, but do they do that when they reach their goal as well?

Ylva
February 29th, 2020, 07:32 AM
I reached BCL the other day! Oddly I stalled for a month and then had a growth spurt. BCL is my ultimate goal so now I'll microtrim for a bit more thickness.

By the way, I know people tend to do threads on their LHC anniversary, but do they do that when they reach their goal as well?

Congrats!

I don't see such threads very much, just mainly that people do a "celebration post" in the appropriate length thread(s).

Siv
February 29th, 2020, 08:46 AM
Congrats!

I don't see such threads very much, just mainly that people do a "celebration post" in the appropriate length thread(s).

Thanks!

And fair enough. I've always been too lazy to compose a full picture post anyway :P

Dark40
February 29th, 2020, 10:48 AM

Congrats! :)

Bri-Chan
March 1st, 2020, 01:31 AM
I quite this thread too. I discovered cbl is about 1,5 inches before tbl... But I will not reaching it anyway because of the slow growing

pisinoe
March 1st, 2020, 03:51 AM
Sorry for the noob question - but what's the difference between BCL and TBL?

Ylva
March 1st, 2020, 05:07 AM
Sorry for the noob question - but what's the difference between BCL and TBL?

BCL = buttcrack length
TBL = tailbone length

BCL is where the crack starts, literally. People's definitions of TBL vary a bit, but it's usually somewhere around mid-butt. I consider it to be where the tailbone pokes out because it's a clear location, but for this, you do need to stick your finger in the buttcrack and feel around for it. :shrug:

CopperButterfly
March 1st, 2020, 08:19 AM
I've honestly not been a fan of TBL as a milestone for the very reason that it is not something you can just visually see on a person. And I think BCL is really close to TBL on most people anyway and a lot easier to judge where it is.

Ylva
March 1st, 2020, 08:30 AM
I personally like TBL, you can always just define it as "mid-butt" if you want something between BCL and classic, and it also looks really great on me, in my opinion, so that's another reason to want to have a name for it. BSL, then again, I find really obscure because it doesn't even need to depend on one's body but a piece of clothing, so I just tend to define it as the underboob length.

Each to their own, though, and nobody's telling you not to come up with your own milestone markers if that suits you better. :)

Dark40
March 1st, 2020, 02:20 PM
I agree with CopperButterfly. I would say in my opinion that TBL and BCL are the same on me, and on many others too.

CopperButterfly
March 1st, 2020, 05:55 PM
I agree Ylva, that BSL is a really nebulous milestone. It could definitely be better, like shoulder blades or something. At any rate, I can understand wanting a milestone between BCL and classic, and if you call it just half way down the butt, then it works well for that.

Dark40
March 7th, 2020, 04:26 PM
I forgot to update this thread with my most recent length shot (February).

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40033&d=1580556803

I would have to say you are not wear close to BCL right now. It's more last HL still.

Ylva
March 7th, 2020, 04:37 PM
I would have to say you are not wear close to BCL right now. It's more last HL still.

I have called BCL and yes, it is there. I am high-hipped so my hair is well past hip there. Also, you've quoted a length shot that is more than a month old.

Dark40
March 18th, 2020, 09:00 PM
I have called BCL and yes, it is there. I am high-hipped so my hair is well past hip there. Also, you've quoted a length shot that is more than a month old.

Well, I disagree with you that, and so does my mom. I showed her your hair, and she said that....that is definitely not BCL. She said that might be waist length. I understand that you are high-hipped but BCL and TBL to me are in the same area. Or, they are they are both nearby. BCL is at the top of your butt crack. Your does not reach at the crack of your butt, and I've just seen a latest photo of your hair after you've done the KhairPep Treatment on the, "KhairPep Thread," and your hair looks a lot thinner at the ends.

Ylva
March 19th, 2020, 03:03 AM
Well, I disagree with you that, and so does my mom. I showed her your hair, and she said that....that is definitely not BCL. She said that might be waist length. I understand that you are high-hipped but BCL and TBL to me are in the same area. Or, they are they are both nearby. BCL is at the top of your butt crack. Your does not reach at the crack of your butt, and I've just seen a latest photo of your hair after you've done the KhairPep Treatment on the, "KhairPep Thread," and your hair looks a lot thinner at the ends.

:rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

Go to bed, Dark.

squirrrel
March 19th, 2020, 03:17 AM
Talking about your length shots Ylva, when do you plan for another one?

Ylva
March 19th, 2020, 03:22 AM
Talking about your length shots Ylva, when do you plan for another one?

At the change of the months for the monthly progress thread.

squirrrel
March 19th, 2020, 03:44 AM
Cool. I shall look forward to seeing your next one when it comes.

amiraaah
March 19th, 2020, 05:23 AM
Your hair looks beautiful ylva! Of course it’s BCL.

Ylva
March 19th, 2020, 05:28 AM
Your hair looks beautiful ylva! Of course it’s BCL.

Thank you, sweet amiraaah!

I had a look at the KhairPep thread Dark mentioned earlier and the last photo I have posted there is from 2018, so I have no idea what picture she is even referring to anymore.

Dark40
March 19th, 2020, 12:14 PM

Go to bed, Dark.

No, Yiva. You don't tell me what to do. You go to bed.

Ylva
March 19th, 2020, 12:34 PM
My name is in fact YLVA, not YIVA.

You know s**t's serious when somebody corrects the spelling of their name!

Anyway, look, Dark. At this time, I am not inviting people to view my buttcrack in the shower while my hair is sopping wet and stretched out, but I'll let you know if the situation changes. Until then, I guess you'll just have to make peace with my hair length somehow.

blackgothicdoll
March 19th, 2020, 12:36 PM

Anyway, look, Dark. At this time, I am not inviting people to view my buttcrack in the shower while my hair is sopping wet and stretched out, but I'll let you know if the situation changes. Until then, I guess you'll just have to make peace with my hair length somehow.

Aww man,

*sulkily exits thread*

:rollin:

Dark40
March 19th, 2020, 08:25 PM

Well, I'm sorry for the misspelled name! But it looked like your name was spelled with an I in it! And, I did not know that was a photo from 2018 you posted on he KhairPep thread. How was I suppose to know that? I'm not no mind reader.

Anyway, Ylva, I'm not planning on accepting any invitations to view your buttcrack in the shower anyway while your hair is sopping wet and stetched out, but I will appreciate it when you do tell me if the situation changes. But no, I don't have to make peace with your hair length. Because, I know that it's not accurate. Its just like you don't believe my hair length. I'm treating you the same way you are treating me. If your hair is BCL why can't you post a more accurate photo then?

blackgothicdoll
March 19th, 2020, 09:26 PM
Are we.... Are we really requesting pics of people's butt cracks now?

I'd hate to see what happens to someone who claims to be TBL. :/

neko_kawaii
March 19th, 2020, 09:32 PM

FYI: moderation for the purposes of maintaining PG-13 in photos means no visible nipples, pubic hairs, or butt cracks. Bra straps and bare backs are perfectly acceptable. As is cleavage. Please stop reporting cleavage. *sigh*

squirrrel
March 20th, 2020, 02:15 AM
Pulling the thread back on track, I think that I might be able to call BCL by the end of the month. I’m at that stage where the slightest change in head angle makes a lot of difference...

Ylva
March 20th, 2020, 03:53 AM
Well, I'm sorry for the misspelled name! But it looked like your name was spelled with an I in it! And, I did not know that was a photo from 2018 you posted on he KhairPep thread. How was I suppose to know that? I'm not no mind reader.

Anyway, Ylva, I'm not planning on accepting any invitations to view your buttcrack in the shower anyway while your hair is sopping wet and stetched out, but I will appreciate it when you do tell me if the situation changes. But no, I don't have to make peace with your hair length. Because, I know that it's not accurate. Its just like you don't believe my hair length. I'm treating you the same way you are treating me. If your hair is BCL why can't you post a more accurate photo then?

Posts have dates on them. No mind-reading skills are required there.

You're obviously only coming after my photos randomly out of nowhere because of what people said about your length in your photo thread - that it doesn't look accurate. The difference is that you seem to be the only one who has an issue with me having called BCL. I've been very clear about calling BCL based on where my ends reach in the shower, and it's by no means a ridiculous claim of any sort, looking at the most recent length photos of my hair.

If your own hair length is such a huge cause of stress for you then I think you're better off directing this energy towards bettering your own haircare habits rather than coming after other people.

Then you have to provide x-ray evidence. :P

FYI: moderation for the purposes of maintaining PG-13 in photos means no visible nipples, pubic hairs, or butt cracks. Bra straps and bare backs are perfectly acceptable. As is cleavage. Please stop reporting cleavage. *sigh*

:laugh: I should've guessed cleavages get reported!

Pulling the thread back on track, I think that I might be able to call BCL by the end of the month. I’m at that stage where the slightest change in head angle makes a lot of difference...

That's very exciting! :)

Dark40
March 20th, 2020, 10:28 AM
Posts have dates on them. No mind-reading skills are required there.

You're obviously only coming after my photos randomly out of nowhere because of what people said about your length in your photo thread - that it doesn't look accurate. The difference is that you seem to be the only one who has an issue with me having called BCL. I've been very clear about calling BCL based on where my ends reach in the shower, and it's by no means a ridiculous claim of any sort, looking at the most recent length photos of my hair.

If your own hair length is such a huge cause of stress for you then I think you're better off directing this energy towards bettering your own haircare habits rather than coming after other people.

Then you have to provide x-ray evidence. :P

:laugh: I should've guessed cleavages get reported!

That's very exciting! :)

Yeah, I know that posts have dates on them. The length of your hair in the shower does not matter. The length matters when it's out of the shower. That's what counts. Look, my hair length isn't a huge cause of stress, and my hair routine is just fine. I bet I have a much better one than yours. So, ha. Look, I don't come after people for just no reason. Yall been coming after me ever since I've been posting threads. The only time I come back after people is after they have come after me. Like the saying goes, "You do as to others as you have them do unto you." If you're gonna mistreat me then I will mistreat you in return.

You don't know a da** thing about what my hair routine is.

Dark40
March 20th, 2020, 10:31 AM

Thank you squirrrel for putting the thread back on track, congratulations for might being able to call BCL by the end of the month. I'm sure you'll be able to call it by then. I bet the slightest change in head angle makes a lot of difference too...

Ylva
March 20th, 2020, 10:35 AM
Yeah, I know that posts have dates on them. The length of your hair in the shower does not matter. The length matters when it's out of the shower. That's what counts. Look, my hair length isn't a huge cause of stress, and my hair routine is just fine. I bet I have a much better one than yours. So, ha. Look, I don't come after people for just no reason. Yall been coming after me ever since I've been posting threads. The only time I come back after people is after they have come after me. Like the saying goes, "You do as to others as you have them do unto you." If you're gonna mistreat me then I will mistreat you in return.

You don't know a da** thing about what my hair routine is.

Many people here are calling their lengths stretched if they have wavy or curly hair. I can do that just as well. This is getting a bit ridiculous, Dark. :D

I think you need to take off your angry pants and chill out a bit.

Dark40
March 20th, 2020, 10:44 AM
Many people here are calling their lengths stretched if they have wavy or curly hair. I can do that just as well. This is getting a bit ridiculous, Dark. :D

I think you need to take off your angry pants and chill out a bit.

Yeah, I've learned that too since I've been a member here about wavy or curly hair. I am wavy and curly haired person too. I don't understand with your hair being straight....how can you stretch? With it already being straight? Yes, this is getting a bit ridiculous, Ylva. :D

Ok, I will take off my angry pants and chill out a bit.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 20th, 2020, 12:18 PM
While I don't want to spend a huge amount of time examining your rear end, Ylva, :laugh: I did examine your photo and concluded that you are very likely to be at, or very close to BCL! Congrats! And if you want to call it with wet hair, no reason why you shouldn't! And to add that every time I see your hair it looks happier and healthier! Such wonderful ends, you have!

Dark40 it's fairly common for people here to call lengths on stretched hair, I do, and I'm a 2b. Some people also call lengths on wet hair. It can make it much easier to measure the actual length of the hair. It's like measuring a piece of string that's lying on the table. To know how long it is you have to pull it out so it's straight first. See?

CopperButterfly
March 20th, 2020, 12:29 PM
Congrats on getting ready to call BCL! I always have a hard time deciding exactly when to call a milestone when it gets really close, so I know the feeling about which head angle to call it at. Haha!

Ylva Looking at your most recent length photo, your lovely waves are clearly past hip, and I can easily see them stretching to bcl! In the end, we each get to decide when we call certain body markers for ourselves. There's a large variety from some calling only when their waves/curls are visually there, and others when it's stretched or straitened or wet. I'm barely a 1c with barely a wave to speak of, but I can still pull my hair a bit longer because of that way my ends flip out.

Anyway, I'm calling HIP today. I finally feel like I'm really there. I'll update with a length shot later today, as I will also be doing my seasonal spring length shot today!

Ylva
March 20th, 2020, 12:42 PM
Dark40, my hair is wavy. I don't think anybody here other than you would argue against that. Then again, you seem to be seeing a lot of things completely differently from the rest of us, so :shrug:

Sarahlabyrinth, thank you for your kind words and support. :)

CopperButterfly, I thank you kindly for your support as well! And big congrats for reaching hip! How long is it from hip to BCL for you?

Belgrade Beauty
March 20th, 2020, 01:20 PM
No point in wasting time to respond to her at all, she is obviously vengeful person, even tho we are ,in that particular case ,right about it. She can call armpit waist and say she tilted her head and that she has tiny body and what not. Honestly,who even cares anymore? She has her friends to support ridiculousness.

As far as your hair goes Liv, you already know what I think! I comment as much as I can to show you support and love.. I love all about it and I can clearly see it is in fact BCL. I found that ignore option is magical. Perhaps something you should consider in this case. I don't want to be banned over someone like this, and I do have very little patience for this kind of BS.
Lots of love boo, and congrats on all achieved goals so far!

Dark40
March 20th, 2020, 01:36 PM
There is no point in me responding to any of you. I'm going to keep saying that my hair is not armpit length. It is wayyyyyy pass armpit length. If it was armpit length it would be hitting under my armpits but it is no point in responding to you either. I am not going to waist my time arguing with you either. Because, you are causing a whole lot of BS as well. You continuing it. I'm going to keep on saying that my hair is waist length, and it is at waist length. I can also hit the ignore button on both of you and Ylva too Belgrade Beauty.

I know, and a lot of people know for a fact that her hair is not BCL.

squirrrel
March 20th, 2020, 02:20 PM
Congrats on getting ready to call BCL! I always have a hard time deciding exactly when to call a milestone when it gets really close, so I know the feeling about which head angle to call it at. Haha!

Anyway, I'm calling HIP today. I finally feel like I'm really there. I'll update with a length shot later today, as I will also be doing my seasonal spring length shot today!

Thanks, I find that it is sometimes easier to assign an approximate number to it and call at the number... we shall see...

Congratulations on calling your own milestone. Excellent news.

Dark40
March 20th, 2020, 03:19 PM
Dark40, my hair is wavy. I don't think anybody here other than you would argue against that. Then again, you seem to be seeing a lot of things completely differently from the rest of us, so :shrug:

Sarahlabyrinth, thank you for your kind words and support. :)

CopperButterfly, I thank you kindly for your support as well! And big congrats for reaching hip! How long is it from hip to BCL for you?

Ylva, I see that your hair is wavy. I'm not arguing against that. I have no problem with that. Yeah, I do see things differently from the rest of yall, :shrug:

what you need to do is go on Facebook on the LHC group there, and they would tell you differently. Me, and others don't measure by stretched hair. I know that when hair is wet it does stretch a little longer but I don't measure that way. You are suppose to measure your hair when it's dry.

CopperButterfly
March 20th, 2020, 03:39 PM
Thank you! Hip to BCL is about 4.5 inches, and since my hair grows pretty close to average, I should just make it for Christmas. I'm excited!

Thanks, I find that it is sometimes easier to assign an approximate number to it and call at the number... we shall see...

Congratulations on calling your own milestone. Excellent news.
That is very true. That's what I had to do for BSL, just pick a number and call it.

Here is the picture, and I think I can safely call hip! I'm so excited since this was my original hair length goal when I joined 2 years ago, and this matches the longest I've ever grown. I get to move onto new territory because of course LHCitis has struck and now I want BCL.
https://i.postimg.cc/HW7pfD14/IMG-20200320-133714-2.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

rhosyn_du
March 20th, 2020, 03:54 PM
Hey, all. I hope you don't mind if I join you. I'm sitting at hip length with my natural waves now, and am almost at BCL wet. I'm hoping to hit BCL dry and wavy by Christmas. My hair grow pretty fast, but I'm also trimming every 3 months due to severely damaged ends, so we shall see if I make it.

Here's my latest length shot. BCL is about a quarter of the way down the next teal stripe on my dress.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40614&d=1584053301

Sarahlabyrinth
March 20th, 2020, 04:04 PM
Hey, all. I hope you don't mind if I join you. I'm sitting at hip length with my natural waves now, and am almost at BCL wet. I'm hoping to hit BCL dry and wavy by Christmas. My hair grow pretty fast, but I'm also trimming every 3 months due to severely damaged ends, so we shall see if I make it.

Here's my latest length shot. BCL is about a quarter of the way down the next teal stripe on my dress.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40614&d=1584053301

Your waves are lovely! :crush:

Ylva
March 20th, 2020, 04:12 PM
No point in wasting time to respond to her at all, she is obviously vengeful person, even tho we are ,in that particular case ,right about it. She can call armpit waist and say she tilted her head and that she has tiny body and what not. Honestly,who even cares anymore? She has her friends to support ridiculousness.

As far as your hair goes Liv, you already know what I think! I comment as much as I can to show you support and love.. I love all about it and I can clearly see it is in fact BCL. I found that ignore option is magical. Perhaps something you should consider in this case. I don't want to be banned over someone like this, and I do have very little patience for this kind of BS.
Lots of love boo, and congrats on all achieved goals so far!

You're a sweetheart. :love: Lots of love to everyone who has faith in my buttcrack not being down at my knees or whatever!

I know, and a lot of people know for a fact that her hair is not BCL.

I'm ready to take on the anti-Ylva army!

https://i.ibb.co/vVdpS/jee.jpg

Ylva, I see that your hair is wavy. I'm not arguing against that. I have no problem with that. Yeah, I do see things differently from the rest of yall, :shrug:

what you need to do is go on Facebook on the LHC group there, and they would tell you differently. Me, and others don't measure by stretched hair. I know that when hair is wet it does stretch a little longer but I don't measure that way. You are suppose to measure your hair when it's dry.

I know it is utterly pointless to say this to you, but you're once again severely contradicting yourself. In your picture thread, you specifically said that your hair STRETCHES TO WAIST WHEN FLAT-IRONED. So since you have called waist length, you obviously call your milestones stretched. And yes, a lot of people here call their milestones stretched. So quit the BS. I find it incredible that there is still a cell within you that thinks I am buying a pixel of this garbage.

Thank you! Hip to BCL is about 4.5 inches, and since my hair grows pretty close to average, I should just make it for Christmas. I'm excited!

Here is the picture, and I think I can safely call hip! I'm so excited since this was my original hair length goal when I joined 2 years ago, and this matches the longest I've ever grown. I get to move onto new territory because of course LHCitis has struck and now I want BCL.
https://i.postimg.cc/HW7pfD14/IMG-20200320-133714-2.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

That is indeed exciting - you're well on track to reach it by the end of the year!

Your hair is so pretty. Love the thick ends and the colour!

Ylva
March 20th, 2020, 04:12 PM

Really pretty waves! :)

Dark40
March 20th, 2020, 04:23 PM

Hi, and welcome! :) Those waves and curls are very pretty! :)

rhosyn_du
March 20th, 2020, 04:30 PM
Your waves are lovely! :crush:

Really pretty waves! :)

Hi, and welcome! :) Those waves and curls are very pretty! :)

Thank you all so much!

lapushka
March 20th, 2020, 05:13 PM
Ylva, rest assured, it was BCL long before it was BCL; you're a late "caller" as it is. IMO. ;)

Dark40
March 20th, 2020, 05:17 PM
Thank you all so much!

You're very welcome!

Ylva
March 20th, 2020, 05:22 PM
Ylva, rest assured, it was BCL long before it was BCL; you're a late "caller" as it is. IMO. ;)

Thank you, lapushka! I do always want to make sure the hair is ACTUALLY there before calling a milestone - the only person I'd be cheating is myself if I called milestones I haven't reached!

I'm eagerly looking forward to reaching TBL in a few months time. It'll be a party, I'm sure. ;)

lapushka
March 20th, 2020, 05:48 PM
Thank you, lapushka! I do always want to make sure the hair is ACTUALLY there before calling a milestone - the only person I'd be cheating is myself if I called milestones I haven't reached!

I'm eagerly looking forward to reaching TBL in a few months time. It'll be a party, I'm sure. ;)

Oooh yes... girl, and I'll be celebrating. :lol: ;)

squirrrel
March 21st, 2020, 02:40 AM
Wonderful pictures Copper Butterfly and Rhosyn_Du. I look forward to seeing the progress as time goes on. Such different textures, but both are beautiful.

That Viking hat is superb Ylva!

zashin66
March 21st, 2020, 06:08 AM

That is very true. That's what I had to do for BSL, just pick a number and call it.

https://i.postimg.cc/HW7pfD14/IMG-20200320-133714-2.jpg (https://postimages.org/)CopperButterfly your hair is so luxurious. I don't say that very often. Wow. I love how dark and thick it is. Now I must caution you as you round the "curve" here. LHCitis to extreme lengths often hiding there.....(it was for me). :run:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40614&d=1584053301 rhosyn_du I love your happy, bouncy curls. (Yes, I know this is a still photo) I can just see them dancing as you move in my imagination.

I'm eagerly looking forward to reaching TBL in a few months time. It'll be a party, I'm sure. ;)Ylva, I think your name is perfectly lovely. I can definitely see your hair stretching to privately determined places. Did I say that right without sounding weird? I had a hard time figuring out my own BCL and HL markers. Because of my own curves, it seemed to take forever to 'round' the curve there for Classic. Now I'm in the no man's land of mid thigh. Past FTL heading to KL. Who knows when I'll reach there. Sometimes I would swear my hair is no longer growing and then I get surprised...

Wonderful pictures Copper Butterfly and Rhosyn_Du. I look forward to seeing the progress as time goes on. Such different textures, but both are beautiful.

That Viking hat is superb Ylva! yes love that hat. Had to cover that eyeball though just Admire the hat.

Ylva
March 21st, 2020, 12:22 PM
Thank you for the hat love, guys!!

zashin, it's so easy for length to get lost in the waves. Then, one day, it just splurts it out, and then it's gone again... Thank you so much for the kindness and support, it means a lot!

Siv
March 21st, 2020, 12:28 PM
The hat is hilarious :lol: and your hair looks great as always Ylva!

Dark40
March 21st, 2020, 07:49 PM
Ylva's hair length is not BCL. It is at between hip and TBL. I know she's had it there before but she might as well accept that fact that it hasn't reached BCL yet. It might be when it's wet or stretched but when it's dry it's a totally different story. My hair feels a lot longer when it's sopping wet in the shower. But I'm not going to cheat and say that it's longer than waist length. Because, I know that it isn't.

blackgothicdoll
March 21st, 2020, 08:14 PM
nvm. not today satan

Ylva
March 22nd, 2020, 05:12 AM
:disco::disco::disco:

Never had anybody be so passionate about my buttcrack before.

Thank you Siv! :D

florenonite
March 22nd, 2020, 06:32 AM
Ylva's hair length is not BCL. It is at between hip and TBL. I know she's had it there before but she might as well accept that fact that it hasn't reached BCL yet. It might be when it's wet or stretched but when it's dry it's a totally different story. My hair feels a lot longer when it's sopping wet in the shower. But I'm not going to cheat and say that it's longer than waist length. Because, I know that it isn't.

But that's where BCL is?

Dark40
March 22nd, 2020, 08:27 AM
But that's where BCL is?

No, BCL and TBL are in 2 different places. They're not far from each other but BCL is at the top of your buttcrack, and TBL is in the middle of your butt where your spine ends at. Some people say that TBL and BCL are the same as far as length marks goes but it's not. Especially, when you're dealing with different heights and body shapes.

florenonite
March 22nd, 2020, 09:17 AM
No, BCL and TBL are in 2 different places. They're not far from each other but BCL is at the top of your buttcrack, and TBL is in the middle of your butt where your spine ends at. Some people say that TBL and BCL are the same as far as length marks goes but it's not. Especially, when you're dealing with different heights and body shapes.

That's what I mean. BCL is between hip and TB, which is where you said Ylva's hair was instead of BCL.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 22nd, 2020, 09:27 AM
Ha ha, love the hat, Ylva! I just now saw it! :laugh:

Belgrade Beauty
March 22nd, 2020, 09:37 AM

You meant not longer than armpit?

neko_kawaii
March 22nd, 2020, 09:41 AM
Mod note: I know half the world has Spring Fever and the other half has Fall Fever and most of us are cooped up inside, but that is no excuse not to be civilized! Knock it off or I will close this thread.

Belgrade Beauty
March 22nd, 2020, 09:44 AM
Mod note: I know half the world has Spring Fever and the other half has Fall Fever and most of us are cooped up inside, but that is no excuse not to be civilized! Knock it off or I will close this thread.

I didn't know we are not supposed to reply to white text. I thought she changed the color on purpose to make it harder to read. My bad.

squirrrel
March 22nd, 2020, 10:45 AM
Thanks Neko.

Ylva
March 22nd, 2020, 01:22 PM
Indeed, thank you, neko!

RunOnCaffeine
March 22nd, 2020, 02:07 PM
My hair seems to have started growing again (roots!) so even if it grows slower than my average (which I'm now fully expecting), it looks like it could still be BCL by Christmas :)

Ylva, I love the hat and your hair looks lovely :)

squirrrel
March 23rd, 2020, 01:30 AM
That’s great news runoncaffeine.

Ylva
March 23rd, 2020, 01:37 AM
Ha ha, love the hat, Ylva! I just now saw it! :laugh:

Thank you, Sarah! :D

My hair seems to have started growing again (roots!) so even if it grows slower than my average (which I'm now fully expecting), it looks like it could still be BCL by Christmas :)

Ylva, I love the hat and your hair looks lovely :)

That's excellent news!

Thank you! :)

Sparkles122
June 17th, 2020, 02:58 PM
I think I joined the hip length by Christmas 2020 and it seems I joined this one also. I didnt want to disappoint myself if I didnt make it to BCL by Christmas, but it seems that I might. I’m passing around 34 inches now, and BCL is 36-37 on me.