PDA

View Full Version : hate to ask: oiling tutorial

intothemist1999
March 22nd, 2008, 09:35 PM
I bet it's here somewhere! :o I just can't find it.

I wanted to learn about the deep oilings.

TIA!

Xanthippe
March 22nd, 2008, 11:10 PM
I tried to find it, but no luck. Wasn't the old one written by Heidi? Maybe she will repost it.

jojo
March 22nd, 2008, 11:18 PM
yep i just looked too, nothing as yet!

salamander
March 23rd, 2008, 12:15 AM
Well, I can tell you what I do. I wet my hair down, wring it out, then put as much coconut or olive oil in it as it will hold. Then I put a shower cap over it, and a wool stocking cap over that. Then I go to bed. I CO it out in the morning. Really an amazing deep treatment. It actually fixed my hair's dryness, I used to have to do it once a week, and now if I do it more than once every two weeks my hair gets over conditioned!

Velvettt
March 23rd, 2008, 02:43 AM
Yup, it was Heidi w. Perhaps someone could ask her to rewrite it?

Kelpie
March 23rd, 2008, 04:15 AM
I've actually got the tutorial saved on my computer. I think it is the rewritten version. I tried to post it here but it is way too long. Is there somewhere that I can post this or I could email it to someone that can do something with it. I havn't got many posts yet so I am restricted in what I can do.

GlassEyes
March 23rd, 2008, 04:48 AM
I have one from the male board done by James Raymond!

http://jaraymond.iweb.bsu.edu/photos/hair_oil.mpg

eadwine
March 23rd, 2008, 06:26 AM
I've actually got the tutorial saved on my computer. I think it is the rewritten version. I tried to post it here but it is way too long. Is there somewhere that I can post this or I could email it to someone that can do something with it. I havn't got many posts yet so I am restricted in what I can do.

Could you put it up as an article maybe?

intothemist1999
March 23rd, 2008, 08:15 AM
"Articles"! I was looking for those! I just noticed the link under the header on the page.

Still getting used to the new board :)

Kelpie
March 23rd, 2008, 09:36 AM
Eadwine No I can't post an article yet. If you send me a message with your email I will send it to you if you can put it in the articles.

Mahars
March 23rd, 2008, 11:15 AM
Here's a site that has some good oiling tips:

http://www.*************/HCP/oiling.htm

dcs60
March 29th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the link Mahars! This was helpful. I'd also been looking for the tutorial but haven't had any luck.

Mahars
March 29th, 2008, 08:08 PM
No problem. :)