PDA

View Full Version : What type of hair this is?

catoala
January 4th, 2020, 08:35 AM
Hi! Found this: what type of hair this is? I mean, texture and so? If it's possible to say. Thanks :)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kxBQdCB_yeg/VJQySHfmgeI/AAAAAAAADNA/Yf9ncqmdSxQ/s1600/asgc-blog.jpg

Hi! Found this: what type of hair this is? I mean, texture and so? If it's possible :)

*edit*: the girls hair I mean haha

lapushka
January 4th, 2020, 09:06 AM
What do you mean, exactly? Texture? It's hard to say from that picture.

catoala
January 4th, 2020, 09:36 AM
What do you mean, exactly? Texture? It's hard to say from that picture.

Yes, texture/style too. as in, to me it seems she used Hairspray and its naturally coarse but I'm not sure..

jane_marie
January 4th, 2020, 10:10 AM
It just looks like type 3a hair that hasn't been washed or combed for a couple of days. The haircut is called a shag. You can fake that piecey look with pomade. If your hair is straighter than her's scrunching the pomade in when the hair is still the tiniest bit damp should work okay.

lapushka
January 4th, 2020, 10:46 AM
Ah I get it; the style? I thought you wanted us to hairtype or something. :)

I think she has side-bangs or at least some face-framing layers. Other than that, it looks a bit brushed out. I would never with texture, ever again. I've learned that much.

How are you doing on your journey, catoala? :flower:

catoala
January 4th, 2020, 11:36 AM
It just looks like type 3a hair that hasn't been washed or combed for a couple of days. The haircut is called a shag. You can fake that piecey look with pomade. If your hair is straighter than her's scrunching the pomade in when the hair is still the tiniest bit damp should work okay.

Thanks! I was curious about this exactly. :)

catoala
January 4th, 2020, 11:37 AM
Ah I get it; the style? I thought you wanted us to hairtype or something. :)

I think she has side-bangs or at least some face-framing layers. Other than that, it looks a bit brushed out. I would never with texture, ever again. I've learned that much.

How are you doing on your journey, catoala? :flower:

Thanks Lapushka :D

I'm doing okay, thank you for asking - recently I noticed a little bit of dandruff but it's because of winter I think.

jane_marie
January 4th, 2020, 11:54 AM
Thanks! I was curious about this exactly. :)

No problem! Are you planning on getting that cut?

catoala
January 4th, 2020, 12:19 PM
No problem! Are you planning on getting that cut?

I'd like to! But, one more question if it's fine haha :) I have waist lenght hair - could that style work on that lenght?

lapushka
January 4th, 2020, 01:16 PM
I'd like to! But, one more question if it's fine haha :) I have waist lenght hair - could that style work on that lenght?

Is your hair all one-length? Or do you have layers.

I'm glad your hair journey is going great! :D

catoala
January 4th, 2020, 01:26 PM
Is your hair all one-length? Or do you have layers.

I'm glad your hair journey is going great! :D

Thank you, I hope yours is going great as well :)

I do have layers in my hair.

lapushka
January 4th, 2020, 02:32 PM
What's your shortest layer? Would it resemble this cut on longer hair, that you could perhaps manage the style with some styling and hairspray. Maybe there is no need to have it cut.

catoala
January 4th, 2020, 02:59 PM
What's your shortest layer? Would it resemble this cut on longer hair, that you could perhaps manage the style with some styling and hairspray. Maybe there is no need to have it cut.

It's tied up currently but I believe collarbone

lapushka
January 4th, 2020, 04:56 PM
It's tied up currently but I believe collarbone

Then I think it should be do-able with some hairspray & some handy dandy styling. Might not look exactly the same, but I don't think that's even possible without cutting the hair.

catoala
January 4th, 2020, 05:16 PM
Then I think it should be do-able with some hairspray & some handy dandy styling. Might not look exactly the same, but I don't think that's even possible without cutting the hair.

Sorry if I am asking too much... How could I do it with hairspray? Any particular tips? :)..

lapushka
January 4th, 2020, 05:18 PM
Sorry if I am asking too much... How could I do it with hairspray? Any particular tips? :)..

Lift up the shorter sections and spray underneath a bit, that's how I got "volume" in my hair when I had shorter hair. But I never used hairspray on waist length hair. I would only use it on the shorter bits! Tangles!!!

jane_marie
January 4th, 2020, 05:32 PM

You can get a shag with waist length hair but it won't look the way that it does in the photo. It would be a lot closer to what mine or lapushka's looks like as we both have a heavily layered cuts.

Personally, I'd caution against layering if you are used to being able to neatly put your hair up or into braids because it makes a a lot of styles harder to do at my length (just short of waist). That might change as it gets longer. Lapushka would be a good person to weigh in on how it is putting it up when it's longer.

lapushka
January 5th, 2020, 04:57 PM
You can get a shag with waist length hair but it won't look the way that it does in the photo. It would be a lot closer to what mine or lapushka's looks like as we both have a heavily layered cuts.

Personally, I'd caution against layering if you are used to being able to neatly put your hair up or into braids because it makes a a lot of styles harder to do at my length (just short of waist). That might change as it gets longer. Lapushka would be a good person to weigh in on how it is putting it up when it's longer.

My layers go from waist/hip to classic, so they're not that short.