PDA

View Full Version : Thigh length by Christmas 2020!

The-Young-Maid
January 2nd, 2020, 12:34 PM
After seeing the thigh/FTL and waist/hip by Christmas threads I decided we need one for next year too. So feel free to join me in the abyss if thigh length! If you are just getting here or have been lingering at thigh length come hang out. Maybe give others some tips?

Whats your starting length?
Do you plan on trimming this year? Why or why not?
What is your goal current goal length? (LHCitis is contagious lol)
Whats your current routine and will you experiment with any changes to it?

I'm starting at classic and hoping for FTL length by Christmas 2020. FTL is only 2-4"ish away on me so with my average growth rate I think it's a safe goal. I'm going to try my best to not trim. I've joined the no trim 2020 challenge. I have lots of regrowth after my stretching washes/scalp oiling fiasco and ED recovery thats about APL-BSL. I'm trying to be patient while that grows. This is uncharted territory for me so I'm excited to play with the length. My current goal is FTL but if my ends look decent and my regrowth keeps traveling down I may try for knee. Knee is only about 2 years from classic on me.

My current routine is daily washing with a sulfate shampoo. It must be silicone free or I get itchy and shed. A nice coney conditioner like HE HH or Dove. Coconut oil on damp hair. Air drying hair with a fan. Twin sleep braids with satin cap. Light oiling before braiding for the day. I don't wear it up at all. I don't want to experiment with my routine. I'm happy with it.

Elodea
January 2nd, 2020, 01:42 PM
Hey! I'll join you in the abyss of reaching thigh length by Christmas of 2020! :flower:

It seems as if we both have approximately similar current starting lengths, so I also think it's definitely possible for me to reach FTL some time within the next year. Maybe even a few months before Christmas; it's not that far off from classic for me (I'm short and don't have particularly long fingers). Right now I'm at about 'base of thumb' length. That's more or less classic; whether I've actually reached it seems to depend on the angle I look at my hair from and/or how I'm standing, so it might be another inch or so before it solidly looks like classic.

So fingertip is only another 4 or 4.5 inches away, depending on which finger I use as a reference. (3 inches if I use my little finger) It'd probably even start to look like being FTL before actually reaching the very end of my fingertips. FTL to knee is about 6 inches on me, which means about a year out from reaching FTL I could be at knee without trims.

I don't plan on trimming this year. In the middle of last year I decided I'd give up trims and see how it went. That seems to be going just fine, so I figured why not go for a complete year without trims now. My hair seems to grow pretty evenly so the hemline is still rather full albeit not perfectly blunt. I'm alright with that and I wonder if or when I might get some fairytale ends going on. If I have a change of heart on this, I may end up trimming some, but for the time being, no plans for any trims.

My current goal length is FTL, also with the possibility of going onwards to knee (and beyond??) if I feel like it. I'll have to wait and see if I do.

I'm mostly happy with my routine, though I would like to ideally find some way to keep my scalp from being so dry right after a wash. I would also like to learn and try some new hairstyles for the sake of variety. Since I don't plan on trimming in the coming year, I can hopefully get a more accurate idea of my yearly growth rate.

Current routine: weekly (more or less) washes with diluted shampoo (no silicones, I think it just tends to make my hair look stringy), conditioner on the ends at least for now in the winter, air drying/no heat styling, usually wearing updos during the day but sleeping with hair loose. I don't really brush it that often, maybe a few times a week if necessary. I sort of try to use a wooden comb to help distribute oils but I'm not that good at keeping up with that. I also try to S&D occasionally, but I should probably try to do it more frequently/regularly.

leayellena
January 3rd, 2020, 02:35 AM
my hair is already ftl/upper-thigh but those flippy ends from what's left of my layers brings my hair back to barelly classic. I think my hair will be firmly u-thigh-length by x-mas.

Jas
January 4th, 2020, 04:28 PM
Ooh I'll join this, I just got a trim from FTL back to classic which was about an inch and a half so I'm starting at 42 inches. According to my chart, mid thigh for me is about 46 inches so.. sounds doable! Aiming for mid thigh by the end of 2020, not intending to trim again until the end of December.