PDA

View Full Version : Back at LHC and going gray

Alissalocks
January 2nd, 2020, 07:52 AM
Hi FRIENDS! I haven't posted much in ages but am hoping to get more active again. I thought starting a thread would be nice to reacquaint myself with who is currently active, old and new members.

Length is now about BCL but because I've worn it down more, I am seeing breakage eat up some of my growth. I also just got done performing in December and when I do, I typically curl my hair 3-4 days a week-- which I never do for normal life-- and that causes some damage. Since LHC, I only set my hair to curl it, never use heat styling, which helps tremendously though.

Haven't had a trim since May 2018 and thought Jan 2020 would be a good time to, but now that I'm here I guess I'm not really ready. Maybe I'll change my mind... or not! I've reached initial hair goal (when joining LHC) but I've wondered if FTL is humanly possible for me. So I love my length even if it's two toned because...

... I totally changed my look by letting my grey grow out, started it June 2019 so I have about 3 inches of natural against the indigo-black and Pravana purple and blue that I used to do. It's been really nice not worrying about coloring for the first time in.... like, 30 years?!? I've been getting a lot of compliments on my silver streak I have up front... folks who haven't seen me in a while ask if it's natural. Lol I have been so many colors for so long people assume my grey is just another hair color experiment! I guess it is... I may yet go back to black or even henna red again someday. But the grey puts light around my face, I like that.

Not many changes to my routine: CWC 1 or 2 weekly, side rope braid most days and nights, wear it loose on wash days. Biosilk is my crack, I hoarded the #&!* outta it when I found d the $50 bottle for $20 at Marshall's. Now I have a lifetime supply I guess. Oil is my heaven, sitting in an oily braid right now!

My 18 year old son is a long hair too, he's been growing his since 2017 so it's past shoulder, not quite APL. He won't listen to me and oil it though :( it needs oil badly, but what do moms know ? ;)

I'll try to upload pics someday to share where I am at. Nice to see you all again, and happy growing! :cheer:Please pos if you like and tell me about your hair journey!

MoonRabbit
January 2nd, 2020, 09:21 AM
Welcome back! I'm excited to see those pics! I remember when I first joined, you were pretty active at the time and I always admired your sleek dark hair.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 2nd, 2020, 09:25 AM
Welcome back! :D I too have given up the dye and embraced the silvers, it's wonderfully freeing - plus no more stinky dyes!

Ylva
January 2nd, 2020, 09:32 AM
Welcome back! :waving:

Here's another who has decided to give up chemical treatments. I'm not going grey yet but I am pretty grey nonetheless since my virgin colour is so ashy. :D

lapushka
January 2nd, 2020, 10:21 AM
Welcome back! :)

Groovy Granny
January 2nd, 2020, 11:31 AM
:waving: Welcome back...I was wondering about you just this week!
It is good to see you and hear of your progress and goals.
Looking forward to your pics :popcorn:
Happy growing long and silver :cheer:

TatsuOni
January 2nd, 2020, 12:12 PM
Welcome back! :)

Kalamazoo
January 2nd, 2020, 12:57 PM
Welcome back!:happydance:

shelomit
January 2nd, 2020, 01:05 PM
Howdy, good to meet you! That silver streak sounds lovely : )

Jo Ann
January 2nd, 2020, 01:05 PM
Welcome back, Alissalocks! You have been missed!

Alissalocks
January 2nd, 2020, 07:32 PM
Wow, great to hear from you all so far and look how long your hair has grown!!! :thud: