PDA

View Full Version : Attack of the frizz

autumnphyre
December 28th, 2019, 08:52 AM
Does anyone else get an annoying halo of frizz around the top of their head?

Do you know what causes it?

I do c/w/c and use no heat on my hair and tie it up in a loose plat at night. I've almost at my goal length and probably needs a trim but it's so darn frizzy at the top of my head that it makes me look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards or like I've been through a steam room :rolleyes:

I'm contemplating starting an oil treatment once a month again but this didn't really help before when I used to do it. I'm on a very limited diet because I have Crohn's disease so have to be very careful with foods. Is it just my hair type and something to accept?

Any advice, suggestions or shared frizz frustrations welcomed!

lapushka
December 28th, 2019, 09:13 AM
If you are 2c, do you put any stylers in your hair after washing, such as the LOC/LCO method, at least a leave-in might work. The link to the LOC/LCO method for styling is in my signature. Have a look-see. :flower:

Groovy Granny
December 28th, 2019, 09:21 AM
YAY for NEW GROWTH ;)

A mixed bristle boar brush or a toothbrush helps to blend it in; a spritz of hairspray on the brush first sets it.

Some use a very light pass with the hands of gel/water, oil, serum or texture cream.

Only personal trials will tell you what works for YOUR hair...and YMMV.

You just learn to live with it until it grows longer/blends in, because you can't tame it 100% :shrug:

Good luck :cheer:

vivis
December 28th, 2019, 09:24 AM
Oh I'll definitely have to look into this LOC/LCO method too, I've had the same exact problem with crazy frizz for years. Thanks!

blackgothicdoll
December 28th, 2019, 12:43 PM
I was just complaining about a similar problem. Is your frizz caused by shorter hairs too?

Arciela
December 28th, 2019, 02:18 PM
For me what really gets rid of the frizz is gel. I use LA looks (the blue one) as it has the best hold and lasts for days :flower:

lapushka
December 28th, 2019, 02:40 PM
For me what really gets rid of the frizz is gel. I use LA looks (the blue one) as it has the best hold and lasts for days :flower:

The thing is, I never put my stylers higher up than ears down. The "residue" on my hands goes a bit higher, but never over my scalp. I will touch fly-aways, though.

MusicalSpoons
December 28th, 2019, 02:58 PM
Eh ... I don't bother! Even if I had curly hair, I don't think I'd be bothered enough by it to try and find a method of smoothing it down that suited. My roots get greasy enough as it is, so to put any product up there after washing would likely make things worse :shrug:

Kat-Rinnč Naido
December 28th, 2019, 03:04 PM
That annoying halo of frizz, or hair receiving signal from mars is definitely new growth.
It's going to be there for about 6 months best is to keep it moisturised and be gentle. Maybe spritzing regularly May help.

shelomit
December 29th, 2019, 01:51 PM
I think it was enting who recommended mixing half oil, half aloe vera gel and dabbing a teensy bit on to help suppress the frizzy bits. Haven't gotten the chance to try it yet.

RadioactiveLily
December 29th, 2019, 05:39 PM
If it's near the top of your head, I'd think it was new growth. If it was lower, could be damage. I used to have a bunch of frizz around shoulder length. When I stopped using hair elastics, it decreased a lot, and I realized it was hairs being stretched and broken in the elastics.

I just smooth frizz with damp hands near my roots, and lower gets a pass with argan oil. My hair is 1b/1c though, so ymmv with different texture.