PDA

View Full Version : how to get paint out of hair!

jojo
November 9th, 2008, 01:53 AM
OK my friends little girl has painted her hair with white gloss paint! and we are at outs wits end of how to get it out! it would be funny, it is funny we have to laugh or we would cry! but unusual request but how do you get it out?

purplebubba
November 9th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Google brings up olive oil or peanut butter as things to use.

jojo
November 9th, 2008, 02:17 AM
Google brings up olive oil or peanut butter as things to use.

how lovely to see you purplebubba, we tried olive oil, almond oil but no luck peanut better mmm.... will ring her up and tell her thanks xxx

eadwine
November 9th, 2008, 02:20 AM
And if that doesn't work.. I would just grab the terpentine or whatever is needed that usually gets that kind of paint out, but that is me :lol:

But do LOTS of TLC right after.

jojo
November 9th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Hi Eadwine, we thought of this but do you think it may damage the little ones hair? her hair is like nearly hip length and we was worried it may break the hair? we got advised off the paint company to use this, but the mother is scared it will damage. xx

purplebubba
November 9th, 2008, 02:33 AM
If it's a small area you could try using a cotton ball with paint thinner or nail polish remover.
If you're worried about the scalp try smearing vaseline on the scalp in that area.

eadwine
November 9th, 2008, 02:39 AM
Whatever you do chemically to get the paint out will damage her hair. But as I said: a lot of TLC will help with that.

The only other option if the other things don't work is letting it grow out or cutting it out, but I don't think that is desirable :)

jojo
November 9th, 2008, 11:19 AM
thanks you 2 we tried nail polish remover and its worked a treat, still a few speckles but i think these will brush out in time. Her mum's put a coconut oil on her hair to see if it will help with any damage. Kids who'd have em?!

purplebubba
November 9th, 2008, 01:34 PM
thanks you 2 we tried nail polish remover and its worked a treat, still a few speckles but i think these will brush out in time. Her mum's put a coconut oil on her hair to see if it will help with any damage. Kids who'd have em?!

Goats have them ;)

jojo
November 11th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Goats have them ;) there probably better behaved but then again;)

eadwine
November 11th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Glad that worked Jojo!! :)

longhairedfairy
November 11th, 2008, 04:34 PM
That is too funny, but I'm glad it came out!
My sister just mentioned brush cleaner like they use on paint brushes to get them clean without damaging the bristles.

jojo
November 11th, 2008, 06:19 PM
My friend was very relieved, the little monkey is always up to mischief!