PDA

View Full Version : Biggest hair frustration

AbbyAbhc19
December 14th, 2019, 03:40 AM
Tell me, what are your biggest frustrations with your hair? Are you losing hair and do not know what to do? Are you experiencing any scalp conditions? Do you have dull lifeless, greasy or flaky hair? I would love to hear anything and everything that you have to say.

Ylva
December 14th, 2019, 03:49 AM
Right now it's just my past, bad decisions that caused me to lose a lot of length unnecessarily. I should have known better, really. But of course there is a silver lining; it was something I needed to get out of my system so to speak. Now it's done and I don't need to consider it anymore.

Then there's the eternal one with my big forehead. I can't have bangs because of my oily combination skin, and while face-framing stuff looks quite nice on me, it just irritates me, so... bleh.

My hair is pretty smooth, sleek and limp, especially high up, so it looks a lot thinner than it is.

Siv
December 14th, 2019, 04:30 AM
My grabby ends that don't get smooth and nice no matter how much I S&D, trim or oil them

RunOnCaffeine
December 14th, 2019, 04:57 AM
Right now it's just my past, bad decisions that caused me to lose a lot of length unnecessarily. I should have known better, really. But of course there is a silver lining; it was something I needed to get out of my system so to speak. Now it's done and I don't need to consider it anymore.

Then there's the eternal one with my big forehead. I can't have bangs because of my oily combination skin, and while face-framing stuff looks quite nice on me, it just irritates me, so... bleh.

My hair is pretty smooth, sleek and limp, especially high up, so it looks a lot thinner than it is.

Mine are similar to Ylva. Past decisions have stopped me from getting to my goal lengths because I kept doing damaging things to my hair.

I also have a big forehead and *very* oily skin, so I can't have a fringe. I grew mine out when I was 12, and have considered cutting one back. I've never done it though because of my skin and I don't want the hassle of growing it back out.

Laurab
December 14th, 2019, 06:49 AM
Oh easy one, it falls in my face WAY too easily. Not just a little but either, if I do nothing it'll cover my eyes. Even if wearing a headband, it falls in my face. Even if I blow dey it away from my face, it falls in front of my eyes. I'm trying to learn more hairstyles to clip it back, because my lazy solution has always been to messily push it behind my ears and I'm sick of doing that.
That plus how hot it gets plus how long it takes to do any styles are why I don't love having thick hair.
Oh a d how long it takes to dry. Part of that is living somewhere humid, but it'll take like four hours and my hair isn't that long yet

MoonRabbit
December 14th, 2019, 08:26 AM
Tangles, even after a decent trim

AmaryllisRed
December 14th, 2019, 08:29 AM
Finding comfortable ways to put it up.

-Fern
December 14th, 2019, 08:30 AM
I have lots of wiry, kinky hairs sprinkled in... When they are less than 2" long, they stick straight out from my head. If I pluck them, they'll be back in a month or two. So I just have to either look unpolished and a little messy or pluck them continuously.

Servana
December 14th, 2019, 08:52 AM
I despise second day hair. It's greasy as hell yet dry and tangled at the same time. Ughhhhh

Zesty
December 14th, 2019, 09:33 AM
Thin ends and out of control wispies. But largely my hair is pretty agreeable, can't complain too much.

TatsuOni
December 14th, 2019, 10:44 AM
It get splits easily, so I need to do quite a lot of S&D all year round. But I can live with that :)

lapis_lazuli
December 14th, 2019, 10:48 AM
How often I have to wash it, which is only every week or so, but it can be such a hassle I wish I could stretch washes further.
That's my first thought, since I have to do it sometime this weekend... :uhh:

bparnell75
December 14th, 2019, 11:00 AM
Tangles. Sometimes It takes me 20 minutes just to get out tangles. Every time I change directions with an up do or separate a section for face framing...more tangles.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 14th, 2019, 11:02 AM
How often I have to wash it, which is only every week or so, but it can be such a hassle I wish I could stretch washes further.
That's my first thought, since I have to do it sometime this weekend... :uhh:

I know the feeling, I did mine today. :rolleyes:

Dirtyblonde
December 14th, 2019, 11:09 AM
My hair is pin straight, fine and flat. I love the way it feels after washing, but the day after it is already greasy and stringy. I am polyquat, silicone and conditioner free, using shampoo with very gentle surfactants, but no avail. I have used a chelating shampo which did help somewhat (we have very hard water which doesn't help things).

unheardletters
December 14th, 2019, 12:08 PM
My hair is very, very thick and is always getting in my face. I’ve literally tripped many many times just because of my hair being in the way of me seeing where I am going. It’s also very prone to split ends.

gingerninja
December 14th, 2019, 01:54 PM
My only real frustrations with my hair is the taper although that is mostly due to past stress sheds and my reluctance to cut it more than every 2 years.
And if i'm being really picky it doesn't grow super fast and isn't as thick as it used to be but i'm making my peace with that.

Panthera
December 14th, 2019, 02:55 PM
I have a lot of frustrations. The biggest ones must be the endless amount of split ends, the tangliness and how long it takes to dry my hair.

Groovy Granny
December 14th, 2019, 03:12 PM
There is no taming my fine wispy silver; no matter what I put on it, it has a life of it's own.
From flyaways in Winter to wild curls of new growth from crown to hemline in Summer :lol:

So I do my best with products and styling and let it be :meditate:

lapushka
December 14th, 2019, 03:26 PM
Tangles, even after a decent trim

I get you. Sometimes I get them, other times, not really. Depends on the conditioner, really. :shrug:

shelomit
December 14th, 2019, 03:36 PM
Probably how long it takes to dry--even hanging loose, and even in my extremely dry climate, it still takes 12+ hours. I washed my hair yesterday afternoon and it is still more than halfway damp, I'd say : p Makes it a real hassle to do anything that involves it getting wet.

0xalis
December 14th, 2019, 09:03 PM
It's too short to wear protective styles, and I find hairs that have obviously been pulled and snapped, and occasionally I will find a split end!
I know it's not really going to affect my growth at this point, I've grown out a bleach damaged pixie before. Still annoying though.
And even at this super short length it still takes an hour or more for my hair to dry!!! Oy vey...

pixitolong
December 14th, 2019, 11:03 PM
My biggest hair frustration is...
my hair is thick and I have a bob. I want that pocket straight look and I can't get it...even after using a straightener. The back of my hair has this kink in it. It looks very messy and unkempt because of this even when I blow-dry and straighten. Hence another reason I want to grow it out.

pixitolong
December 14th, 2019, 11:04 PM
sigh...you have my perfect hair. I wish I had pin straight hair.

pixitolong
December 14th, 2019, 11:06 PM
My hair is pin straight, fine and flat. I love the way it feels after washing, but the day after it is already greasy and stringy. I am polyquat, silicone and conditioner free, using shampoo with very gentle surfactants, but no avail. I have used a chelating shampo which did help somewhat (we have very hard water which doesn't help things).

replying to your comment above..(sorry silly me forget to put quote in).
I have wanted pin straight hair all my life.

desisparkles
December 14th, 2019, 11:57 PM
The sounds of snaps. I like to rebun and change what stick/scrunchie/barrette I use a few times a day and I hear snaps when I'm making my bun. Makes me cringe but I can't leave my hair alone.

Also, I want to wash it every day even though I can go to day 6/7 without looking/feeling greasy.
But..... I love washing my hair - the ritual of it, the smell, the decision of what shampoo/conditioner, styler/s, masque I use.

Arciela
December 15th, 2019, 12:08 AM
Omg I typed up a long reply and it got eaten by the internets ; ;

Well! I had tried to say i have very thick hair and it's really wild, always gets in my face and makes me feel unkempt. In the end I just accept it I guess.

It also takes forever to dry. At least a full day. I thought cutting it short would make it dry faster...nope! Still takes 12+ hours.

Another issue is the way it parts. I see so many people doing lovely side parts etc and when I do it I just look horrible :lol: so I end up settling with the middle part and that's that.

And then I have a sensitivity to malassezia so I have to get shampoos, and cowashes, oils etc that dont feed it. If I use something that feeds it..forget it. I'll have to go use a medicated shampoo right away.

In the end it's the only hair I'll ever have so I've learned to take the good with the bad :flower:

RubberDucky
December 15th, 2019, 01:04 AM
I still, after all this time, haven't figured out just which ingredients my hair likes or hates. I know a few "avoids" (protein, coconut, shea) but there are thousands of other ingredients/combinations out there and the more I experiment the more confused I get.

Give me a clue, hair! Arrgh!

itskate
December 15th, 2019, 01:12 AM
My cowlick!!! I have an awful, stubborn, there since birth cowlick on the right side of my forehead. One of my friends has beautiful waist length dark hair that she parts directly in the center, and I'm just like...oh, it must be so nice to have multiple options on how to part your hair! To be able to just evenly divide it like that! I like my bangs but I can't have them perfectly straight across (my dream) so they are always side swept and I don't grow them out because my only option would be a side part when all I want is that nice neat center part. It kills me because there's no way to get rid of a cowlick, it will always be there.

Prerna23
December 15th, 2019, 09:09 AM
Split ends!!! They are all over my length. I never seem to get rid of them no matter how much length I get cut

Zesty
December 15th, 2019, 10:03 AM
Split ends!!! They are all over my length. I never seem to get rid of them no matter how much length I get cut

Do you S&D at all?

Ligeia Noire
December 15th, 2019, 10:28 AM
How easy it splits and gets matted....

trolleypup
December 15th, 2019, 11:31 AM
Terminal length, and the fact that different hairs have different terminal lengths.

Stray_mind
December 15th, 2019, 01:22 PM
I have a strand of hair at the front of my head that stands up and sticks out no matter what i do. My friend laughed about it a few days ago and said it looks like an antenna.

Suortuva
December 15th, 2019, 01:52 PM
Split ends here too. I have very fragile hair.

Tinyponies
December 15th, 2019, 02:44 PM
Insta tangles. I think it’s the fineness of it. Thank goodness nowadays I can put it up and avoid *most* of them.

HaMalka
December 15th, 2019, 04:00 PM
It doesn't tangle on the majority of the length but rather from about ear to shoulder so I have to work all the tangles out through feet of untangled hair. every. single. day.

SpottedBackson
December 15th, 2019, 04:34 PM
So I want to grow my hair to waist length. I think any longer than that won't really suit me BUT I love the look of a coronet braid. I measured and it looks like I'd have to grow my hair at least to hip to be able to do one :(

Hellebore
December 15th, 2019, 05:06 PM
Right now it's dry and frizzy and I don't know why :(

lapushka
December 15th, 2019, 05:11 PM
Omg I typed up a long reply and it got eaten by the internets ; ;

Well! I had tried to say i have very thick hair and it's really wild, always gets in my face and makes me feel unkempt. In the end I just accept it I guess.

It also takes forever to dry. At least a full day. I thought cutting it short would make it dry faster...nope! Still takes 12+ hours.

Another issue is the way it parts. I see so many people doing lovely side parts etc and when I do it I just look horrible :lol: so I end up settling with the middle part and that's that.

And then I have a sensitivity to malassezia so I have to get shampoos, and cowashes, oils etc that dont feed it. If I use something that feeds it..forget it. I'll have to go use a medicated shampoo right away.

In the end it's the only hair I'll ever have so I've learned to take the good with the bad :flower:

You sound like me! :lol:

I have SD as well, Arciela. Only harsh sulfates help keep it at bay, otherwise, medicated shampoo it is!

And I'm done trying to dry it 8+H and it still not being fully dry (overnight). So I just towel dry 30-45min., air dry for 2-4H, and then diffuse on warm/cool (depending on the season) for not even 5 min. It works! I'd say give it a shot. I have to get my hair dry within the day or it will make the SD worse (it's not good for the yeast to keep it wet that long)!

lottiealice
December 16th, 2019, 11:28 AM
No matter how well I maintain my hair, it is always prone to split ends.

giraff
December 16th, 2019, 07:19 PM
Flyaways.. I can never get my hair to look completely sleek. Even hairspray won't hold those buggers down!

illicitlizard
December 16th, 2019, 07:36 PM
Wispy hairs that won't stay off my face, how limp and sad my hair looks 2 days after washing, and how easily my hair tangles!

blackgothicdoll
December 16th, 2019, 09:15 PM
Hands down my heat damage. Straight, wavy, or slightly loosened curls. They cause my virgin hair to frizz and tangle as the multiple textures do not play nice, plus they have different needs and my regimen has to change to account for virgin hair growth.

I don't want to chop it all off as I only have 1 or 2 years of virgin hair? Looks like a very small amount for even that long though. I don't think I could even chop in 4 years at this rate. Such a pain...

Linden
December 16th, 2019, 10:11 PM
I have a strand of hair at the front of my head that stands up and sticks out no matter what i do. My friend laughed about it a few days ago and said it looks like an antenna.

I used to have one of those! It was about three inches long, and usually stood straight up in the centre of my front hairline (gotta love cowlicks!). My siblings also called it an antenna, but it grew out eventually. I actually miss it sometimes.

To answer the question- my biggest frustration is how delicate my hair is. I enjoy wearing it down, but I have to limit myself to about once a week at most, since I always have to follow up with a hefty S&D session.

shelomit
December 16th, 2019, 10:18 PM

My mother calls hers a "unicorn horn," which is (I guess?) a little more flattering than "antenna."

Stray_mind
December 17th, 2019, 12:52 AM
My mother calls hers a "unicorn horn," which is (I guess?) a little more flattering than "antenna."

Hahaha i also prefer a Horn. I hope it grows long enough to be included in my up dos though..

spirals
December 17th, 2019, 12:55 AM
I can't wear it down nor in a low pony without massive tangles. It's buns and braids forever now.

LittleHealthy
December 17th, 2019, 01:49 AM
My biggest and basically my only frustration, is I have 3-4 inch pieces of hair throughout my scalp growing back after the dramatic post partum hairloss. It gives me a halo of fuzz and I can't flipping wait for it to hurry up and grow longer, then eventually catch up to the rest of my hair (it'll take at least 3yrs to catch up).

Waveurly
December 17th, 2019, 01:57 AM
Tangles for sure.. even at APL now I'm getting tangles or grabby ends. I'm actually blaming hard water as my hair was softer in a place without hard water. If I cut off a tiny bit of the ends then the tangles are less. Also my hair is fine and very prone to breakage and split ends, especially when longer. Another frustration is tiny hairs tickling my face, not being able to do updos at certain shorter lenghts and the heaviness and thickness of my hair which makes it sometimes seem a whole lot of work to wash my hair. Those are my main frustrations sometimes but in the end I'm quite happy with it so usually I don't complain.

Simpscone
December 17th, 2019, 05:11 AM
Shrinkage! My shrinkage isn't even that bad compared to some, an inch or two, and it varies, but it can make it feel like my hair is taking forever to grow at these shorter lengths!

FrayedFire
December 17th, 2019, 09:19 AM

I think it's called an ahoge!

The-Young-Maid
December 17th, 2019, 10:41 AM
VOLUME. My hair has so much volume when dry that I don't look classic length. I need to grow an extra year just to look this length. Also, the volume makes my ends look wispy when worn lose.

I wish my regrowth would catch up already.

MusicalSpoons
December 17th, 2019, 11:23 AM
Thin ends, taper, splits. I've pretty much made my peace with them though ... except the times when I haven't :lol:

I will say it is now a bit annoying that my hair gets damaged if I wear it in a braid. I don't usually have the energy to do a braid anyway, but just occasionally when I would like to do something different and have the energy, I still have to weigh up if it's worth it. Wearing a braid down, the shred pokes out exposing ends to friction and causes splits. Even in a braided bun, the shred pokes out exposing all the ends to dry out :doh: It would also be nice to be able to sleep in them for braidwaves now and again!

Groovy Granny
December 17th, 2019, 11:58 AM
There is no taming my fine wispy silver; no matter what I put on it, it has a life of it's own.
From flyaways in Winter to wild curls of new growth from crown to hemline in Summer :lol:

So I do my best with products and styling and let it be :meditate:

My other frustration that I must just accept with my hair type and sensitive scalp is that I have little/no fullness in the crown.

Lately with the dry air it is just FLAT :p

I can't do top knots, pinning etc = :headache: with my sensitive scalp and it is just fine/wispy :shrug:

I get some lift when I do twists on good days, and in Summer when I get my humidity curl/volume explosions LOL

Again ....it is what it is.....let it be :meditate:

ETA: I think I will post in the 'random hair thoughts' thread going forward :hmm:

I think it is best for ME to focus on my POSITIVE hair traits in the New Year so as not to get discouraged if things are not 'perfect' as I age :flower:
If I have a specific issue I can post in the related thread for help/ideas or start my own.

Good luck :waving:

spirals
December 18th, 2019, 01:50 AM
I despise second day hair. It's greasy as hell yet dry and tangled at the same time. Ughhhhh

Me, too! I thought I was the only one. So I have to use dry shampoo on the scalp hair and leave-in conditioner on the ends.

luzimerka
February 10th, 2020, 12:56 PM
Barcode bangs.......ugh they get so greasy and split apart into slimy strands. My scalp is so oily I don't even want to think about how it is for people with thinner hair.

Untressed
February 10th, 2020, 01:04 PM
Grey roots. After I color them they look good for about a week. After that I can see the grey mocking me. To make things worse, I am stretching retouching them from 3-4 weeks to 8 to limit the demi dye usage. I'd love to go back to henna and indigo but I don't know that I am ready for it. It is a commitment.

Kinda wish grey looked better on me. It really washes me out because I have fair skin and I am not ready to fully embrace it. My sister in law also is fair skinned and when she went grey to make my brother happy, it aged her at least ten years.

lapushka
February 11th, 2020, 05:55 AM
Barcode bangs.......ugh they get so greasy and split apart into slimy strands. My scalp is so oily I don't even want to think about how it is for people with thinner hair.

Give them a quick wash in the sink. Tie your hair back in a ponytail and just flop them under the tap & give them a quick wash. Better than to go around with oily bangs that bother you. I used to have to do that all the time. Every couple days (I washed 2/3 times a week back then).

Grey roots. After I color them they look good for about a week. After that I can see the grey mocking me. To make things worse, I am stretching retouching them from 3-4 weeks to 8 to limit the demi dye usage. I'd love to go back to henna and indigo but I don't know that I am ready for it. It is a commitment.

Kinda wish grey looked better on me. It really washes me out because I have fair skin and I am not ready to fully embrace it. My sister in law also is fair skinned and when she went grey to make my brother happy, it aged her at least ten years.

Maybe dye it a light to mid-tone blonde, you will hardly notice the grays coming in with such a light color. A lot of people do this. My mom last dyed December 18th, she just did her hair February 10 and didn't have to dye yet with over 2 cm of roots; it just blends in. She dyes every 3/4 months.

Bri-Chan
February 11th, 2020, 06:37 AM
-Knots :/ always to many knots.
-the growth is still slow
-the ends... I think I should cut almost 15 cm
-the color of the dark section is to red for my mediterranean skin tone

I know I only have to be patient, but sometimes I hate it so much that I braid it to don't see it. I cannot choose the worst

queencarrion
February 11th, 2020, 12:24 PM
My fine hair is really hard to balance and it can be so frustrating. I feel like I've been growing my hair for around 5 years and I still haven't found the right combination of products that work to keep it moisturized but also relatively clean and not weighed down.

ExpectoPatronum
February 11th, 2020, 12:36 PM
I have curly hair and I have two frustrations that are related to my texture.

First, I hate that it grows out rather than down! While I've been growing it seriously for 7 months, it hardly looks longer because it poofs out more instead, which brings me to my next point.

It takes ages to see any growth in my hair because my curls eat up length. I have about 6" of shrinkage and it makes growing out my hair very frustrating.

leafygreens18
February 11th, 2020, 12:39 PM
My hair at the base of my head is awful and won't stay in a bun.

lithostoic
February 11th, 2020, 02:03 PM
It's always stringy unless I just brushed it, which makes it frizzy instead. Also, it tangles easily. My hair never looks nice.

Untressed
February 11th, 2020, 02:14 PM
Maybe dye it a light to mid-tone blonde, you will hardly notice the grays coming in with such a light color. A lot of people do this. My mom last dyed December 18th, she just did her hair February 10 and didn't have to dye yet with over 2 cm of roots; it just blends in. She dyes every 3/4 months.

The only problem with is that my hair is soft black in regular light and darkest of brown in the sun. Even a mid blond is a severe contrast. I thought maybe I could get away with streaking my hair: adding dye to like half the roots and letting it grow in pieces to see how that would look. Then I looked at images on google and decided that's not for me. I'll probably keep touching up my roots for now.

Kalamazoo
February 13th, 2020, 05:33 AM
The only problem with is that my hair is soft black in regular light and darkest of brown in the sun. Even a mid blond is a severe contrast. I thought maybe I could get away with streaking my hair: adding dye to like half the roots and letting it grow in pieces to see how that would look. Then I looked at images on google and decided that's not for me. I'll probably keep touching up my roots for now.

Hi Untressed! Some people find that just using a wooden comb (neem, or sandalwood, or verawood, etc.) is sufficient to keep their hair dark into old age. It certainly is non-messy & convenient! (But I bought all my wooden combs on eBay, because I have yet to find a brick-and-mortar store around here that carries them.)

For me, the results aren't dark enough, so I supplement with dabbing a little Jamaican Black Caster Oil into the spots looking too pale, &/or spraying on rosemary tea (or tea made from other hair-darkening herbs).

I'm progressing from simplest to messiest here! I also use hair masks that include Kalpi Tone ... which is probably as much of an inconvenience as henna & indigo.

But, no, you don't have to go grey to avoid using commercial dyes...

Aerya
February 13th, 2020, 05:41 AM
Hi Untressed! Some people find that just using a wooden comb (neem, or sandalwood, or verawood, etc.) is sufficient to keep their hair dark into old age. It certainly is non-messy & convenient! (But I bought all my wooden combs on eBay, because I have yet to find a brick-and-mortar store around here that carries them.)

For me, the results aren't dark enough, so I supplement with dabbing a little Jamaican Black Caster Oil into the spots looking too pale, &/or spraying on rosemary tea (or tea made from other hair-darkening herbs).

I'm progressing from simplest to messiest here! I also use hair masks that include Kalpi Tone ... which is probably as much of an inconvenience as henna & indigo.

But, no, you don't have to go grey to avoid using commercial dyes...

How would using a wooden comb make the hair not go grey? Or darken it?

Kalamazoo
February 13th, 2020, 06:12 AM
Neem oil gives a faint blackish tinge to the hair. Neem wood of course contains neem oil, since it grew that way. The other woods that I mentioned work similarly. I mean, you'd just sort of expect black sandalwood to darken your hair, but green sandalwood & cherrywood are also said to help with premature gray (according to eBay ads).

This one says it's "anti-white hair". https://www.ebay.com/itm/Natural-Wood-comb-Wooden-wide-tooth-hair-comb-detangler-Sandalwood-Waist-c-sh/312876870310?_trkparms=aid%3D1110001%26algo%3DSPLI CE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20191002094254%26meid%3D31 b0c09563d64a6ab805ae9dcf7afd55%26pid%3D100892%26rk %3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D273653429544%26itm%3D3128768 70310%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2332490&_trksid=p2332490.c100892.m5207

https://www.amazon.com/Indian-Fancy-Dandruff-Non-static-Eco-friendly/dp/B016W50PJ2

Crystawni
February 13th, 2020, 06:35 AM
Neem oil gives a faint blackish tinge to the hair. Neem wood of course contains neem oil, since it grew that way. The other woods that I mentioned work similarly. I mean, you'd just sort of expect black sandalwood to darken your hair, but green sandalwood & cherrywood are also said to help with premature gray (according to eBay ads).

This one says it's "anti-white hair". https://www.ebay.com/itm/Natural-Wood-comb-Wooden-wide-tooth-hair-comb-detangler-Sandalwood-Waist-c-sh/312876870310?_trkparms=aid%3D1110001%26algo%3DSPLI CE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20191002094254%26meid%3D31 b0c09563d64a6ab805ae9dcf7afd55%26pid%3D100892%26rk %3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D273653429544%26itm%3D3128768 70310%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2332490&_trksid=p2332490.c100892.m5207

https://www.amazon.com/Indian-Fancy-Dandruff-Non-static-Eco-friendly/dp/B016W50PJ2

Welp, my sandalwood combs certainly haven't worked that way for me over the years. Anti-white hair indeed... :rollin:

AmaryllisRed
February 13th, 2020, 07:48 AM
Current frustration: that I can't have long hair and short hair at the same time.

jane_marie
February 13th, 2020, 07:54 AM
My hair is too thick to be successfully bunned most days, too layered to be braided in a way that looks good, and for some reason attracts loads of cat hair that make it tangle.

Aerya
February 13th, 2020, 09:34 AM
Current frustration: that I can't have long hair and short hair at the same time.

Lol this. I want to have a cute lob but like, for a few days tops, until I get tired of having to style it to look good.

hinabelle
February 13th, 2020, 09:48 AM
Grabby hyper curly ends that cause tons of SSKs. So annoying.

luzimerka
February 13th, 2020, 10:10 AM

This is so true. But! With longer hair you can at least somewhat fake shorter hair by putting it up and under a hat or something, while with short hair you can't fake long hair (at least not with your own hair).

The-Young-Maid
February 13th, 2020, 10:12 AM
I was so excited for all my new growth to come in and now that it has it's giving me major headaches.

martyna_22
February 13th, 2020, 10:15 AM
My hair is long enough, looks nice, the general feeel to it is nice.
But I love to wear it down. And it being long and straight it's just kind of.. dull. It just hangs there. I've asked some stylists to do some layering around the face, but it still just grows out to just hang.

Belgrade Beauty
February 13th, 2020, 10:58 AM
That spot that is always tangled and has knots because my head is always on that spot when I sleep.
Splits that pop up no mater how much I s&d.
Just tangling when not in a braid or in a pony tail.

Kalamazoo
February 13th, 2020, 11:31 AM
Welp, my sandalwood combs certainly haven't worked that way for me over the years. Anti-white hair indeed... :rollin:

Yeah. I've read that some people can keep their hair jet-black by just using a neem comb, but mine's only blondette to begin with, & I'm definitely supplementing with hair-darkening herbs...

ETA: But I still have seen those neem combs turn Mama's snow-white hair golden, & my brother's hair turned from white-blonde to a dark iron gray, which didn't please him, so he stopped using the neem comb, and Mama's dimentia was so bad she couldn't remember to use it. It's another one of those YMMV things.

SnowSpot
February 13th, 2020, 11:41 AM
My hair is soooooo thin... and our very soft, irony water doesn't help. But, on the other hand, it's better thin and silky than coarse and dry - which would be the case had we a hard water.

poojasilk
February 13th, 2020, 03:15 PM
My hair is too thick to be successfully bunned most days, too layered to be braided in a way that looks good, and for some reason attracts loads of cat hair that make it tangle.

I have exactly all these problems! It really is so frustrating!

jane_marie
February 13th, 2020, 04:00 PM
I have exactly all these problems! It really is so frustrating!

Oh my god what is with the cat hair? It's so annoying!!!

Is your hair really dark? I wonder if I'm just noticing it even more lately. :I

clandestine
February 13th, 2020, 06:32 PM
My lack of hair is my current complaint but it was my emotional impulses that caused it. Trying to focus on the positive.

Dark40
February 13th, 2020, 08:30 PM
Hair growth is slowing down. Especially, during these winter months.

Ylva
February 14th, 2020, 12:56 AM
My hair is soooooo thin... and our very soft, irony water doesn't help. But, on the other hand, it's better thin and silky than coarse and dry - which would be the case had we a hard water.

Thin hair definitely carries its own special charm, just like thick hair. One is not better than the other! :)

SnowSpot
February 14th, 2020, 01:05 AM
Ylva, that's true! And thanks for the encouragement. :)

LittleHealthy
February 14th, 2020, 05:01 AM
The whispy nature of it. A light breeze is enough to blow my light, fluffy hair across my face!

poojasilk
February 14th, 2020, 09:57 AM
Oh my god what is with the cat hair? It's so annoying!!!

Is your hair really dark? I wonder if I'm just noticing it even more lately. :I

My hair is black and my cat is white so it’s very noticeable on me 😭 My hair loves to attract cat hair, lint, random fuzzies, I feel like I’m always pulling something from it

BookishRay
February 14th, 2020, 06:33 PM
Just figuring out exactly what it wants!!!

Groovy Granny
February 14th, 2020, 08:30 PM
The whispy nature of it. A light breeze is enough to blow my light, fluffy hair across my face!

Me too!!

Last weekend I wore a half up...thought the ends were tucked into my coat when a gust came up....whoosh; up and away and across my face in every direction :doh:

What a tangled mess I was :tmi: and walking into CHURCH too :lol:

It took me a few minutes to fix it ...but quickly set my resolve to contain it in a bun/braid ponytail the next time it is windy :whistle:

Gabrielina
February 15th, 2020, 01:37 AM
The BIG proportion of dyed hair... it feels like I'll never get rid of it!