PDA

View Full Version : Sleek heatless hairstyle ideas?

Laurenhope29
December 11th, 2019, 02:31 PM
So I'm kind of torn... my work is having their annual Christmas party this weekend and i want to look good! I decided a while ago that i was just going to use heat and do some nice loose curls or something. Now I'm starting to question whether i want to use heat or not, I've gone a while without using it now and the last time i did i got instant split ends. I don't know if I'm willing to cause irreversible damage to my hair just for one night...

Anyways, does anyone have any recommendations for a sleek/elegant heatless hairstyle? My hair is a little bit past BSL, and has a little bit of natural wave. I wanted to wear it down, but i wouldn't be opposed to a cute updo that holds well.

Thanks in advance! :)

shelomit
December 11th, 2019, 04:58 PM
If you specifically want curls, there are various heatless methods to get 'em, either damp- or dry-set. I've always had the best results from old-fashioned damp-set rag curls. This method (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tudASPjtng) looks to be pretty similar to how I do them. Put in before bed, they're very easy to sleep on (I put a bonnet over them) and set very well for the next day. They look very different depending on whether or not you brush them out.

Laurenhope29
December 13th, 2019, 11:14 AM
If you specifically want curls, there are various heatless methods to get 'em, either damp- or dry-set. I've always had the best results from old-fashioned damp-set rag curls. This method (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tudASPjtng) looks to be pretty similar to how I do them. Put in before bed, they're very easy to sleep on (I put a bonnet over them) and set very well for the next day. They look very different depending on whether or not you brush them out.

Thanks for the suggestion!! I think I'm going to try some overnight curls tonight and if i don't like them tomorrow I'll have enough time to wet it down and do something else or try an updo. :)

shelomit
December 13th, 2019, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the suggestion!! I think I'm going to try some overnight curls tonight and if i don't like them tomorrow I'll have enough time to wet it down and do something else or try an updo. :)

Hope it works out well : ) Enjoy the party!