PDA

View Full Version : Flax gel

CanadaSquirrel
December 9th, 2019, 11:45 PM
Two days ago, I discovered flax gel.

I made some from flax seed and water, then mixed it with a bit of almond milk and a bit of olive oil, applied it as a pre-wash hair mask on dry hair, covered my hair with a plastic bag, then put a heated grain bag on it for a half hour. I washed and conditioned, then let it dry.

My waves came to life! No frizz. My hair has been so soft and silky, I can't stop touching it.

This is the best concoction by far that's ever touched my hair.

I am curious to read about others who use flax gel. Is this a popular thing? I did a search of the forum, but nothing came up as part of the title.

Kalamazoo
December 10th, 2019, 02:57 AM
Wow! I'll have to try it!

lapushka
December 10th, 2019, 03:38 AM
I think most use it as a gel after washing, though. :)

I have never heard of it being used as a DT before. :D

Great that you had such good results.

Tinyponies
December 10th, 2019, 03:43 AM
Love the idea of using flax gel as a deep treatment!

Arciela
December 10th, 2019, 01:34 PM
I think most use it as a gel after washing, though. :)

I have never heard of it being used as a DT before. :D

Great that you had such good results.

Same here :) Never heard of it used as a DT! I do enjoy it as a gel and it worked quite well when my hair was TBL :flower:

nahleili
December 10th, 2019, 11:51 PM
I love homemade flax gel! I make various concoctions with it - usually with a little glycerine, sometimes with different oils (jojoba, lanolin, almond oil). I have a very very delicate curl pattern (2c-3a) that straightens and frizzes with too much product, too much weight, or too much touching. Flax has hold without being crispy, moisturizes without weight.

SleepyTangles
December 11th, 2019, 01:15 AM
I often used flax seed jelly water to mix henna! Its lovely

SnowDancer
January 11th, 2020, 10:51 AM
I'm vegan and I've used it as an egg replacer for baking. I never thought to use it as a mask.

I know what I'm doing tomorrow. :D

desisparkles
January 11th, 2020, 12:03 PM
ooh that's a fab idea! makes sense bc it's sooo moisturising.

I will add a little of this, a little of that - to make it my one and done styler.

-essential oil
-a couple drops argan or jojoba
-a squirt of leave in condish
-some store bought hair gel

I still have some in my ice box I need to thaw and use. I make my fsg then when cooled put it in silicone baking cups then remove one cup at a time to thaw by placing in the fridge.