PDA

View Full Version : Wet brush

Sparkles122
November 26th, 2019, 01:34 PM
Today I was in my favorite store to buy hair products. Its a salon in the mall, and their prices are really good for the Biolage products that I really like. As I was looking around I saw that they had wet brushes. They werent just any wet brushes though, they were ones with disney princesses on them. They had like 6 different ones. They were $14.99 and I really wanted the Ariel one. But I wanted to ask here first, are wet brushes safe? Or are there better options? I havent brushed my hair in 17+ years. Ive always finger detangled. But that really does get tedious sometimes.

lakhesis
November 26th, 2019, 02:08 PM
I had one for over a year and honestly I really liked it. It doesn't pull and detangles well. However I do use a dry shampoo quite regularly and it adds up with lint inside the brush and because of those stupid balls at the end of each bristle it is impossible to clean it. I ended up throwing mine away because it got so gross, plus the bristles got all bend out after a lot of travelling with the brush. I much prefer tangle teezer now. But they are lot of people here that swear by wet brush :)

Sparkles122
November 26th, 2019, 02:17 PM
I had one for over a year and honestly I really liked it. It doesn't pull and detangles well. However I do use a dry shampoo quite regularly and it adds up with lint inside the brush and because of those stupid balls at the end of each bristle it is impossible to clean it. I ended up throwing mine away because it got so gross, plus the bristles got all bend out after a lot of travelling with the brush. I much prefer tangle teezer now. But they are lot of people here that swear by wet brush :)

Did you use it while your hair was wet? And yes I think my daughter has a tangle teezer. It has like a little stuffed animal on the handle side of it, I never thought to try hers

Ylva
November 26th, 2019, 02:19 PM
I like Wet Brushes a lot but I don't like how impossible it is to remove lint from them. I gave up and moved over to Tangle Teezers.

lakhesis
November 26th, 2019, 02:30 PM
Did you use it while your hair was wet? And yes I think my daughter has a tangle teezer. It has like a little stuffed animal on the handle side of it, I never thought to try hers

I did, it works fine for wet hair too. I just prefer to only brush when my hair is dry.
Btw, if you are going to try your daughter's tangle teezer, check if it is really that brand. I really recommend the original tangle teezer. I first gave up on it years ago because I tried some knock off (not even cheaper, just different brand) and I did not like that at all - even though it looked the same.

Sparkles122
November 26th, 2019, 02:59 PM
I like Wet Brushes a lot but I don't like how impossible it is to remove lint from them. I gave up and moved over to Tangle Teezers.

Ylva did you use it on wet hair? I have 2 spots that are always always always tangled after I wash. Im trying to find something effective and faster than finger detangling, yet still gentle

Sparkles122
November 26th, 2019, 03:00 PM
I did, it works fine for wet hair too. I just prefer to only brush when my hair is dry.
Btw, if you are going to try your daughter's tangle teezer, check if it is really that brand. I really recommend the original tangle teezer. I first gave up on it years ago because I tried some knock off (not even cheaper, just different brand) and I did not like that at all - even though it looked the same.

Oh wait, now that I looked it up. Its called a tangle pet. So probably not a tangle teezer. Also I would use it on my wet hair and I would probably get the stuffed animal on the other side of it all wet. When I go back to the hair place ill see if they have any real tangle teezers.

0xalis
November 26th, 2019, 03:04 PM
I prefer combs to brushes overall. Whatever you get check the seams of the plastic for sharp edges!

Deborah
November 26th, 2019, 03:59 PM
The Wet Brush is great for detangling after washing. For the rest of the time I use (and love) my wooden bristle WIDU brush. My husband uses a WIDU and a Tangle Teezer. He likes them both.

lapushka
November 26th, 2019, 04:00 PM
I use a Tangle Teezer knock-off for dry brushing right before my wash. Then my hair gets washed. And after it comes out the towel, on damp hair, I use a Wet brush knock-off. In my discount store they sell them for €1 or €1.49 as a "shower brush". But they (I checked) had those "typical" bristles. Not every shower brush is the same! It's just that's what they're called here. I have seen a real Wet Brush so I knew it was the very same.

I can't do without mine. If my hair wasn't full of lint on the dry brushing process, then I would use a Wet brush (dupe) there too. But it's too hard to clean off, and a TT is much easier to get clean. And so I only use the Wet brush (dupe) on damp hair, so it keeps itself clean pretty much.

I love both my Tangle Teezer, the real one and the knock-off the same (have both).
And I love my Wet brush (dupe) just as much.

They are both *superb* brushes. I stopped using a wide-tooth comb because these brushes don't tug nearly as much on my scalp.

Sabrina Fair
November 26th, 2019, 04:27 PM
If you like both the Tangle Teezer and the Wet Brush, TT now has its own version called the TT Wet Detangler: https://www.tangleteezer.com/all-brushes/detangling/the-wet-detangler.html. No bobbly bits on the end of the bristles either! Maybe the best of both worlds? It looks like a paddle brush version of the TT with (possibly) slightly longer bristles.

Sparkles122
November 26th, 2019, 04:34 PM
Looks like im going to get a wet brush and a tangle teezer and see which I like best

ExpectoPatronum
November 26th, 2019, 04:35 PM
I had a Wet Brush and liked it, but I lost a couple of the plastic balls on the tips of the bristles so I got rid of it. I use a wooden brush now. I'm a curly so I don't brush my hair wet but I like to use a brush on it dry before getting in the shower. That said, I used my Wet Brush on wet hair a few times and found it to be gentle enough.

lapushka
November 26th, 2019, 04:48 PM
I had a Wet Brush and liked it, but I lost a couple of the plastic balls on the tips of the bristles so I got rid of it. I use a wooden brush now. I'm a curly so I don't brush my hair wet but I like to use a brush on it dry before getting in the shower. That said, I used my Wet Brush on wet hair a few times and found it to be gentle enough.

Mine's still OK after, I think, more than 2 years of the same Wet brush (dupe even).

Ylva
November 26th, 2019, 10:17 PM
Ylva did you use it on wet hair? I have 2 spots that are always always always tangled after I wash. Im trying to find something effective and faster than finger detangling, yet still gentle

Yes, a few times, and it worked fine. Normally I don’t brush my hair wet, though, so it was a special occasion for me.

Arciela
November 27th, 2019, 11:04 AM
When I wash my hair I usually use my thick and curly tangle teezer. I have a wet brush too and it is nice but it doesnt detangle quite as well as my TT.

Siv
November 27th, 2019, 11:25 AM
If you like both the Tangle Teezer and the Wet Brush, TT now has its own version called the TT Wet Detangler: https://www.tangleteezer.com/all-brushes/detangling/the-wet-detangler.html. No bobbly bits on the end of the bristles either! Maybe the best of both worlds? It looks like a paddle brush version of the TT with (possibly) slightly longer bristles.

I HAVE THIS ONE!! It's amazing on my hair! I had a knock-of wet brush before, which was also great but only lasted 6 months and I felt like some hair got stuck in the little balls. I also had a TT compact styler, which lasted me about 2 years. I honestly think the TT wet detangler detangles better for me than the compact styler. It's also more ergonomic, I tended to drop the compact styler because of it's shape and I found the bristles slightly more stiff than the wet detangler. I don't detangle my hair wet, but I'd definitely be more comfortable doing it with the TT wet detangler than a regular brush!

*not sponsored* lol!