PDA

View Full Version : How do you keep a sock bun/donut bun in place without using hair ties?

MagusBride
November 24th, 2019, 08:59 AM
How do you keep a large sock bun/donut bun in place without using hair ties? I know there are a lot of different hair toy options out there, but I don't know which one is the simplest and most secure way to keep a large bun in place and withstand movement throughout the day without sliding out of place. Thank you.

blackgothicdoll
November 24th, 2019, 09:35 AM
I guess you could twist the hair around it, but I don't see that working. I use a hairtie at the base and a satin scrunchie over the top. You could just skip the base and use a scrunchie on top but again it could slip out. It may just work to be gentle with the hair ties and use ties that won't snag the hair. I wear donuts pretty frequently.

Cg
November 24th, 2019, 11:26 AM
When I used donuts, Amish pins or sturdy bobbies. You could just as well use sticks or forks though. Someone here a few years ago posted a picture of her donut bun held with an acrylic fork.

Siv
November 24th, 2019, 12:16 PM
If you're using a "commercial" donut (a foamy one from the store) rather than a rolled up sock, you can probably use any hair pin from bobbies, to amish, to bun pins, to spin pins to pin the bun to your scalp since the pins can penetrate the bun quite easily. If you use rolled up socks, try using Loepsie's method (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I13J7ArHTkM) of "rolling" your hair onto the sock, then pin the hair underneath the bun to your scalp.