PDA

View Full Version : The best hair elastics?

Milkchocolate
November 23rd, 2019, 03:20 AM
Hello everyone. I need some help badly:( My scalp is in constant pain due to the fact that I have to wear a pony tail all day. I have to wear it in my cap, going through that the small hole part. (The hole in the back made for women’s hair)

Because of the length and thickness of my hair, it feels as if my scalp and hair line is being pulled back for hours, and it feels terrible :(

I wondered that maybe my hair elastics were just not strong enough to hold the pony tail firmly in its place. Often they stretch out as well:(

Can someone recommend me some great strong hair elastics?

MusicalSpoons
November 23rd, 2019, 09:21 AM
Not an elastics recommendation, but can you do a lazy-wrap ponytail? Put your hair through the hole, then start off as if to do a LWB but only wrap once or twice, then secure with stick/s or a fork, catching the scalp hair through the hole in your hat.

Otherwise, Pony-O night be worth a try.

Arciela
November 23rd, 2019, 07:10 PM
I have a lot of hair and a pony tail hurts me too :( I love pony tails..I'd loooove to be able to wear one without it hurting or feeling heavy. I ended up having to use a hair stick and do lazy wrap bun.

CopperButterfly
November 24th, 2019, 08:10 AM
So I find wearing a regular ponytail with long hair to be painful unless it's at the nape of the neck. However, I recently discovered Satahlabrynth's lazy wrap ponytail, and it is actually quite comfy. And you don't use an elastic at all, so better for your hair too.
https://youtu.be/Umz6pNWk9oQ

cjk
November 24th, 2019, 08:27 AM
Hello everyone. I need some help badly:( My scalp is in constant pain due to the fact that I have to wear a pony tail all day.

length and thickness of my hair, it feels as if my scalp and hair line is being pulled back for hours, and it feels terrible

Have you considered that the problem may not be the elastic, but the weight of the hair?

Try spreading the weight out a bit.

I'd start with 2 ponytails, both pulled back. And I like double styles anyway. But if both ended at the back of your head, the two ponytails might split the load and still fit through the back of your hat.

Laura1986
November 24th, 2019, 08:46 AM
Another idea: pull your hair through the hole in the baseball cap (maybe even use a elastic to help you do this), then remove the elastic. It is now still in the shape of a ponytail, but has more space and less tension

lithostoic
November 24th, 2019, 08:01 PM
If you have the room you can try two ponytails right on top of each other.

itskate
November 24th, 2019, 08:13 PM
Not an elastics recommendation, but can you do a lazy-wrap ponytail? Put your hair through the hole, then start off as if to do a LWB but only wrap once or twice, then secure with stick/s or a fork, catching the scalp hair through the hole in your hat.

Otherwise, Pony-O night be worth a try.

Seconded, I used to do this when my hair was longer and I had a job where I occasionally needed to wear a cap. You wouldn't think it would be effective with the hat in the way but a hair stick does work if you catch your scalp hair through the hole.