PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think Of This 7 Year Old Girl With The Longest Hair In The World?

Dark40
November 16th, 2019, 09:10 PM
Hi all,

What do you all think of this video with this 7 year old with the longest hair at her age in the world?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJSLYpoySkQ

I would love it if my hair was this long now!

The-Young-Maid
November 16th, 2019, 09:12 PM
I'm just glad the comments are turned off.

For real tho that video is giving off strange vibes. Who follows a child around with a camera like that?

Labs*R*Us
November 16th, 2019, 09:45 PM
It appears to be a family vid, though I'm not sure I would want that kind of YT attention for my child or showing her face. OTOH, I give kudos to her mom or whoever is taking such good care of it. When my daughter was four, she had classic length before I cut it back. She was/is a twirly, whirly curly and I had to rinse/condish/blow out daily. Lots of work and a real commitment!

lapushka
November 17th, 2019, 03:29 AM
This is just, quite a strange video IMO. Yes it's long, but... why? Maybe the mom is hoping to attract attention from the Guinness book of world records? But, there are other ways of doing this.

Sarahlabyrinth
November 17th, 2019, 03:33 AM
As long as she's happy with it, no problem. It's gorgeous! :)

spidermom
November 17th, 2019, 06:18 AM
It's pretty to look at but I actually feel kind of bad for her. I had long hair (nowhere near THAT long) as a kid. Everybody thought it was so pretty and nobody wanted me to cut it, but it was in my way when I was out playing. It was always getting in my face, pulling from the tight braids my mom would do, or snagging on things. I just wanted to be out there having fun climbing trees and tumbling around in the grass, not watching out for my hair.

Dark40
November 17th, 2019, 07:11 AM
I'm just glad the comments are turned off.

For real tho that video is giving off strange vibes. Who follows a child around with a camera like that?

It's the mother that is following her with the video camera. Her mother always films her on these videos.

Dark40
November 17th, 2019, 07:14 AM
As long as she's happy with it, no problem. It's gorgeous! :)

I agree. As long as she's happy with it, no problem. I think it's gorgeous too! :) 6 years ago I saw twin girls that also looked like the same age is this girl in the video with hair to their ankles as well! But they had their hair plaited up to their ankles. I'm sure once their mo took their hair down it would've reached the floor! :D I think it's cute or awesome for a child to be able to grow and handle hair that long!

MusicalSpoons
November 17th, 2019, 07:34 AM
Wow! Beautiful.

In a more recent video it's still very long, but I can't quite work out what she means by the caption https://youtu.be/4dhEakpi4GM

fue muy dificil para mi tomar esta decicion , pero hoy medoy cuenta que fue lo mejor que pude haberles regalado amis hijas ...su livertad para que crescan como culquier ni~a normal ahora ellas son felices y lo mejor viven sin ataduras y yo sin mas dolor de espalda,gracias por mirar mis video, despues ya les comparto el video de cuando corte sus cabellos...asta pronto
Google translates it to

It was very difficult for me to make this decision, but today I realize that it was the best thing I could have given you my daughters ... your livertad so that they grow up like any normal girl now they are happy and the best they live without ties and I without more back pain, thanks for watching my video, then I share the video of when you cut your hair ... until soon

In that video though when she braids both her daughters' hair it's not at all tight, happily :) And in another one it looks like she's detangling while her daughter's sitting doing whatever she wants to do. Good for them, for the dedication it takes to care for the hair and her daughters seeming quite happy to go along with it. Good call turning the comments off too. The other videos I skimmed through were more recent than the one linked in the OP and to me they have a much less weird vibe!

desisparkles
November 17th, 2019, 10:36 AM
I just watched the beginning parts of the vids. Beautiful hair! I never had xtra long hair as a child and I believe it's because my mom didn't/doesn't know how to style hair at all. never once had my hair braided - just a pony every now and then.

my daughter has never had a haircut. she is a wurly so when dry is not at mbl yet but wet is at tbl.

my boys are also growing out their hair - one is past shoulders (1a) and one isn't at shoulders yet (2c/3a) but has had it below shoulders when younger (until he asked me to cut it).

I support my kiddos decisions on their hair. that's the same reason I haven't pierced anybody's ears. not my decision to make. and when they are old enough to commit to that decision if they choose, then we will.

with hair - if they ask me to cut it I'll say - think on it and if you feel the same way next week then you pick your new style and I'll gladly do it.

The only thing I'm not keen on them doing is bleaching or dyeing. we have so many wash outs that I don't agree with exposing their scalps to the chemicals but if they just want tips we'll explore that too, sure.

lapushka
November 17th, 2019, 10:56 AM
I just watched the beginning parts of the vids. Beautiful hair! I never had xtra long hair as a child and I believe it's because my mom didn't/doesn't know how to style hair at all. never once had my hair braided - just a pony every now and then.

my daughter has never had a haircut. she is a wurly so when dry is not at mbl yet but wet is at tbl.

my boys are also growing out their hair - one is past shoulders (1a) and one isn't at shoulders yet (2c/3a) but has had it below shoulders when younger (until he asked me to cut it).

I support my kiddos decisions on their hair. that's the same reason I haven't pierced anybody's ears. not my decision to make. and when they are old enough to commit to that decision if they choose, then we will.

with hair - if they ask me to cut it I'll say - think on it and if you feel the same way next week then you pick your new style and I'll gladly do it.

The only thing I'm not keen on them doing is bleaching or dyeing. we have so many wash outs that I don't agree with exposing their scalps to the chemicals but if they just want tips we'll explore that too, sure.

My mom had the same kind of attitude towards my hair and I didn't get my ears pierced until age 15, or so.

I started growing my hair out age 5, first grade because I wanted to. My mom let me, but that first year kept going to the hairdressers with me and having it cut. When the penny dropped it wasn't growing, I stomped my foot down (really I did) and told my mom I was never coming to the hairdressers with her again. Then she knew I was very serious and she let me grow my hair. I did not have a "goal". I just wanted "longer" hair, but it grew down to classic and then my mom was sooo so sad that I cut it to a pageboy cut in 5th grade. But again, my decision and my mom just agreed. I love her for that. I love her for a lot of reasons, but this is major in growing up IMO, being able to decide on your appearance.

Stray_mind
November 17th, 2019, 12:20 PM
Beautiful? Sure. Absolutely

Longest in the world? That depends...

Laurab
November 17th, 2019, 12:31 PM
If she loves it, then I'm happy for her!
I just hope no adult in her life is making her keep it that long because THEY think it's pretty.
Having long hair as a kid is harder.
You want a seven year old to be allowed to run around, go swimming, put on a back-pack without worrying about their hair getting caught in it.
If they've figured out a way to maintain it all, great! As long as it's her choice, not mom's.

desisparkles
November 17th, 2019, 12:48 PM
lapushka, I bet your mom was so proud of you for having such a strong will about what you wanted at such a young age.

MusicalSpoons
November 17th, 2019, 02:14 PM
Beautiful? Sure. Absolutely

Longest in the world? That depends...

The video claims it's the longest for her age, not The Longest - obviously we still don't know whether that's accurate, but very different from straight out claiming The Longest.

SpottedBackson
November 17th, 2019, 02:23 PM
What makes me uncomfortable about this video is that I expect the little girl doesn't have much autonomy over her hair/it being filmed/touched and that film being put on youtube. It looks like someone in her family likes long hair but it might not actually be her. If she was an adult I'd have no problems.

lapushka
November 17th, 2019, 03:08 PM
lapushka, I bet your mom was so proud of you for having such a strong will about what you wanted at such a young age.

I think she was surprised most of all that I was so determined. :) I mean I was 5. Almost 6 by the time my mom was OK with me growing it.

earl grey
November 17th, 2019, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I also feel weird about this video. The person filming (is it her mum?) seems to be very focused on this girl's hair. I don't think the girl has much control over her hair, I think her mum calls the shots. I probably feel this way because my mum was very controlling of my hair when I was young. I had it to waist at its longest (which I didn't want, but she wanted long hair), short hair wasn't an option at the hairdresser and I wasn't allowed to put it up until I was 12 because she was scared I wasn't going to care for it as well as she did. It was always about how pretty my hair was and how I couldn't be trusted with it. Not fun at that age.

Ligeia Noire
November 17th, 2019, 05:27 PM
Well, according to that description her mom says she wants her daughter to be free to be a child and play and be independent and that she is very happy with the decision .
The title says when "rubi had her hair long"... so I assume that it has been cut short.
I am in awe of her hair. How gorgeous and she was probably right in saying she was the child with the longest hair the world, at age seven at least.
My mom always kept my hair boy's short until I went to school. I wish I could have started growing it much earlier than when a teenager but, then again, how would my poor mother deal with hair like this.
No big deal and I think her mom made the right call.

Natalia_A00
November 17th, 2019, 05:34 PM
This is just my perspective, but it seems to me that it's just a thing the mom/dad decided and not the girl. Like it's the mother's fixation and she's super proud of it, I don't know. Maybe the mother wants attention and people to tell her "oh your girl's hair is gorgeous!" But I'm sure the girl likes her hair too. If she cuts it I hope nobody creates drama.

Natalia_A00
November 17th, 2019, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I also feel weird about this video. The person filming (is it her mum?) seems to be very focused on this girl's hair. I don't think the girl has much control over her hair, I think her mum calls the shots. I probably feel this way because my mum was very controlling of my hair when I was young. I had it to waist at its longest (which I didn't want, but she wanted long hair), short hair wasn't an option at the hairdresser and I wasn't allowed to put it up until I was 12 because she was scared I wasn't going to care for it as well as she did. It was always about how pretty my hair was and how I couldn't be trusted with it. Not fun at that age.

Same... But in my case it was the opposite. My mother didn't let me have long hair, she hated it. She always pressured me to cut it. I hated not being able to control that, like I was supposed to be my mother's pretty doll and look exactly how she wanted.

Natalia_A00
November 17th, 2019, 05:46 PM
In another video the mother said that it was difficult for her to make the decision but she wanted her children to be happy and free. She says that she cut their hair and that she has no more backaches. I'm glad that she listened to her daughter and didn't try to control her appearance.

CuteCrow
November 17th, 2019, 06:51 PM
Her YouTube channel looks mostly like a family channel and if you think about the videos as to being shown mostly to family members and friends it doesn't give this weird vibe. Also, the mother is latina, most cultures in latin america have a lot of meaning around long hair, and plenty of people just adores it. It's mostly a cultural thing so it's kind of hard to explain.

There are a ton of videos like this around YouTube in Spanish with girls with hair at waist length and longer and their mothers taking care of it, nothing I ever stuck me as odd. But yeah it's like theirs mother's feel a special pride about their kids hair.

And the video she published early this year basically said it's the last video with her daughters with their long hair and that was going to share another video "soon" about the haircuts. I'm curious how short did they actually cut it.

My opinion is that I don't have one. We don't really know what the kid have to say about her hair, I've seen several kids that love long hair and want to become Rapunzel but we can't know this with just a couple of videos.

Stray_mind
November 18th, 2019, 01:08 AM
The video claims it's the longest for her age, not The Longest - obviously we still don't know whether that's accurate, but very different from straight out claiming The Longest.

I went for the title of this thread hahaha. But then, even for their age how can someone randomly claim it as the longest in the world?
Maybe there is someone out there with longer hair who just doesn't feel like showing it to the world. Lol.
It also depends on her height i think. Unless they mean the length judged by body markers not the actual length of the hair itself.
Well, nevermind i am just never fond of these claims of x-est anything in the world. There are billions of people there afterall. You never know.

If she doesn't mind to be filmed and showing off her hair, i think it's all good.
Whatever makes this girl happy.

Ylva
November 18th, 2019, 07:27 AM
My mom had the same kind of attitude towards my hair and I didn't get my ears pierced until age 15, or so.

Same here. I got my ears pierced at 16 and now I've gone years without wearing earrings again, meanwhile my sister wanted hers pierced when she was 6.

I went for the title of this thread hahaha. But then, even for their age how can someone randomly claim it as the longest in the world?
Maybe there is someone out there with longer hair who just doesn't feel like showing it to the world. Lol.

I guess you can claim whatever until someone proves otherwise. :D

Dark40
November 18th, 2019, 12:13 PM
I remember getting my ears pierced for the first time when I was a baby, and then again when I was 12 years old. I hardly ever wear any earrings.

Wendyclaire
November 18th, 2019, 12:57 PM
Not the longest hair in the world! Video does have a creepy vibe to it.

lapushka
November 18th, 2019, 03:12 PM
Same here. I got my ears pierced at 16 and now I've gone years without wearing earrings again, meanwhile my sister wanted hers pierced when she was 6.

Gosh it's been ages since I last wore my ear studs.

Dark40
November 18th, 2019, 04:04 PM
Not the longest hair in the world! Video does have a creepy vibe to it.

I agree. It isn't the longest hair in the world! Well, if this is your first time seeing the video I can understand it having a creepy vibe to it but if you look at all of the rest of her videos it's not creepy at all. Because, the mother or a family member is the one doing all of the filming with the camera and following of the child. If the mother and the child is happy at showing off her long hair than more power to them. I don't see anything wrong with it.

esfand
November 18th, 2019, 04:16 PM
I don't think it's creepy, it just looks amateur. Like, a doting mom being like "omg my daughter is so beautiful and so is her hair! Im so proud!!" kind of like those moms who take pics of their babies in like EVERYTHING. I am also sure the mom doesn't actually believe her daughter literally has the longest hair in the world, it's just an exclamation like "I have the cutest baby ever!"

I think it's a cute video, and the rest of the channel gives me the impression its just something they show friends and family and they probably don't think about who else could be watching it.

0xalis
November 19th, 2019, 12:03 AM
I think it's beautiful. But I think it's generally a bad idea to post such videos of your children to the internet. Bad people embed videos to bad sites, wish I was joking. You probably get where I'm going with this. I agree with esfand, I think it's just a cute video going "look at my precious baby!"

Dark40
November 19th, 2019, 03:28 PM
I agree esfand and Oxalis! I really wish that my mom let my hair grow that long but she has never liked hair that long. She always kept my hair trimmed up to a certain length that she liked on me, and would often tell me, "Your hair can't grow that long." But I've had an aunt that told both of us that over a period of time my hair can grow that long. I believe my aunt, and til' this day when I talk to my mother about me growing ankle length hair she always say, "I don't know if you could grow hair that long or not!"

jane_marie
November 19th, 2019, 03:31 PM
Her hair is very pretty but I wish her mom would put down the camera and help her get the Sunkist out of the fridge. She looked like she was struggling. :)

Dark40
November 22nd, 2019, 03:54 PM
Yes, I also think that her hair is very pretty too, and I agree that her mom should put down the camera and help her get her Sunkist out of the fridge. Because, she was struggling there. :)