PDA

View Full Version : Anyone any advice on semi permanent box dyes? Vs salon colour

stephy190
November 16th, 2019, 02:25 PM
The ones that last 28 washes on the box vs going to salon to get hair colour. Pros and cons of both and do you use either of these hair dye options?

Thanks guys :)

lapushka
November 16th, 2019, 04:46 PM
I just answered in your other thread, where you state the box dye you're planning to use.

Dark40
November 16th, 2019, 08:47 PM
I used to use semi permanent box dyes. I've never gone to any salons to get a semi permanent job done on my hair. I really like the semi box dyes! They've always left my hair feel healthy. That's the pro, and the con is that they only last up to 28 washes. I really hate that.

Faraniel
November 17th, 2019, 02:18 AM
Not sure about the quality but, in my country at least, I think the range of the professional hair dyes is wider than the box dyes. For example Casting Creme Gloss has a very limited range of shades. My level is 7 and there are like two: neutral and copper golden. If I wanted to go ashy, bad luck. On the other hand, since the professionals often mix the hair dyes (and know how) the range tends to be more versatile. My opinion.

MissMuse
November 17th, 2019, 03:22 AM
Interested in replies because I'm at the stage where I don't have time to sit in pain for 3 hours at a salon while they dye my hair. I'm considering going to a hair supply warehouse and buying the professional stuff to mix up myself (what could go wrong haha) I literally just can't sit for that long and then hang my head over the basin for 25 mins while they wash it out.