PDA

View Full Version : Styles for classic length hair

AmaryllisRed
November 10th, 2019, 02:30 PM
Hi, everyone! I'm curious, if your hair is around classic length, what are the styles you wear regularly?

Mine currently:
Pinless braided bun
Nautilus
LWB
Braided nautilus or LWB

I'd love to add a few more everyday styles to my arsenal. I wish Google were more help, but "styles for classic length hair" yields few useful results. I just want to know what people with hair my length are doing with it every day.

lapushka
November 10th, 2019, 02:38 PM
I used to wear a LWB day in day out, but switched to the Nautilus now since figuring out I could do that one at the length I'm at. I'm a go-to bun kind of gal. I find a bun that's comfy and wear it to death. LOL! :lol:

MusicalSpoons
November 10th, 2019, 04:02 PM
What did I wear? Hmm, I think LWB, Neoma Knot, cinnabun with a flexi (turns out spin pins are better), braided cinnabun.

Other buns I learned later but would probably work with classic length:
Nessa Bun, L-infinity (I wrap mine), Spock Bun? Helix bun? Erm ... log roll (just learned that!) Posh bun, Gibraltar bun ... I think that's about it for now.

Zesty
November 10th, 2019, 04:25 PM
I wear an orchid bun with a pair of sticks or a cinnamon bun thing with two claw clips most of the time. Sometimes I'll braid the cinnamon bun thing. Around the house I usually wear a double wrapped LWB with a fork.

AmaryllisRed
November 10th, 2019, 05:09 PM
Thank you all! This is helpful. Keep 'em coming!

MoonRabbit
November 10th, 2019, 06:10 PM
I'm loving pigtails at classic. Feels so anime to me. I'm also starting to wear more space buns because with the extra length they are beginning to get extra big.

AmaryllisRed
November 10th, 2019, 06:38 PM
I'm loving pigtails at classic. Feels so anime to me. I'm also starting to wear more space buns because with the extra length they are beginning to get extra big.

I hadn't thought about pigtails. Do you wear them high or low? High pigtails might be fun and since they're half the thickness maybe they wouldn't pull like a ponytail does.

2gaits
November 10th, 2019, 06:45 PM
My hair is no where that long so I can't speak to what I actually wear but I love the look of an English braid in long hair. A girl I worked with would wear hers this way.

neko_kawaii
November 10th, 2019, 08:27 PM
I don't think my go-tos have changed since about tailbone length.

Spidermom's Bun, Coronet Braid (single or double), LWB, center held braided bun, Equilibrium Bun with ponytail/peacock loose ends.

ETA: For high impact activities its Interlaced Braids.

Elodea
November 10th, 2019, 09:17 PM
I used to wear a LWB day in day out, but switched to the Nautilus now since figuring out I could do that one at the length I'm at. I'm a go-to bun kind of gal. I find a bun that's comfy and wear it to death. LOL! :lol:

I'm very near classic, so I figure I might as well chime in. I also wear the nautilus bun almost exclusively now. It's so quick to do and holds pretty securely.

If I have more time/energy or feel like shaking things up, I'll do a braided style: crown braid, Amish braids or double dutch braids (pigtails). I haven't really been able to make braided buns work for me though.

Sometimes if my scalp isn't liking a regular nautilus bun, I'll just do double nautilus buns to distribute the weight of the hair more evenly. If I do them as low buns, they look a bit less cutesy compared to right on top of my head like teddy bear ears.

TatsuOni
November 11th, 2019, 09:12 AM
LWB, nautilus, coronet braid, braided buns and neoma knot bun are among those that I wear more often. And at home I quite often wear a braid in a snood.

MoonRabbit
November 11th, 2019, 09:13 AM
I hadn't thought about pigtails. Do you wear them high or low? High pigtails might be fun and since they're half the thickness maybe they wouldn't pull like a ponytail does.

I wear them high. I use small scrunchies as they put the least strain on my scalp. If I want shorter tails I will do knot buns with one wrap around and then leave the tails out. Secure with sticks.