PDA

View Full Version : Braid help :)

Tangles
November 8th, 2008, 02:35 PM
I love braided dos, but have been unable to wear them lately because they DON'T HOLD. I always get a poofy crown when I attempt them, and they end up making me look bedraggled.

Also, I really want to master the pinned up braids, that I've seen many pictures of in your albums. I'm not talking about the Heidi braids, but the ones that sort of extend vertically down the head, for lack of a better description.

Radulfr
November 8th, 2008, 03:53 PM
You might be interested in the "Braid Fanatics" social group here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/group.php?groupid=86).

Tangles
November 9th, 2008, 01:30 PM
I'm bumping this up shamelessly (just this once!)

I tried a French braid yesterday and within 5minutes the whole thing slid down, giving me a ridiculous pompadour look on top...

mellie
November 9th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Maybe you need to make the braids tighter against the scalp?

You probably have super slick hair like mine. Mine seems to escape from sticks and barrettes like Houdini from handcuffs, haha!

Tangles
November 9th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I wouldn't say my hair is slick, it is pretty average in texture. Hmm. I try to use small sections of hair for French braiding but the top sort of just collapses down on the braid if that makes sense. It would look fine on a different face; such drapey updos make my face look too small!