PDA

View Full Version : Two Years on the LHC!

AmaryllisRed
November 7th, 2019, 08:19 AM
Hi, everyone, and welcome to the post marking my two years here on the LHC!
[Fanfare]
Thank you, thank you, please keep your seats. The pleasure is all mine.

I was happy to discover this community two years ago when I was googling if it was really okay to go a year without cutting my hair. (LHC is pretty much the only place on the internet that says YES! IT IS!)

I'm so thankful to be a member of this group of people who love to talk about hair as much as I do. Without you, my mom and my husband would bear the brunt of many hair-related monologues. They thank you.

When I joined here in 2017, my hair was almost waist length and I had no hair toys. I wore ponytails and braids a lot. The only "bun" I knew was pulling my hair halfway through a ponytail.

At waist length, I managed to learn lots of different styles, including four- and five-strand braids, how to fishtail, waterfall, suspended infinity… Those were good times.

Now it's too long for any of that rigmarole. I've learned lots of buns and bought hair toys so that's mostly my jam. I'm hoping as I grow longer, more styles will open up to me. One of my goals was to grow long enough to wrap a single braid around my head. I've managed it, but I still need more length to be able to tuck the ends better.

What other styles await? I don't know. I look to you, the longer longhairs, to show the way.

I've also reached a weird place where I feel like my hair is longer than a lot of people, in the LHC and in the general population. I think polls show the average length at LHC is tailbone length? So I'm definitely falling into longer-than-average territory, even here. It's weird but cool.

I still don't know what length I'm going for. Pre-LHC, I would cut every six months. Since joining, I keep telling myself once I get to ____ length, I'll trim to thicken up the hemline. And then when I get there, I change my mind. I just don't want to cut.

I do sometimes miss having short hair and I've just started missing certain styles that have become difficult or uncomfortable. But I do love my hair and this magical length. I let my hair down at my mom's a few nights ago and she gasped and said she had no idea it was so long. The "secret hair" is my favorite thing for sure and I'm so happy to have this lovely community to share the secret with.

Pictures!
I'll work on taking my yearly length photo (must bribe a child) and getting a little comparison put together, since that is a highlight of anniversary posts. ;)

Edit. Here be pictures!

First up, a length shot from when I joined two years ago in 2017.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38976&d=1573171243

Next, last year's photo.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38978&d=1573171495

Now this year...

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38979&d=1573171649

And all three, side by side!

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38980&d=1573172300

Zesty
November 7th, 2019, 08:26 AM
In my mind you have been here way longer than two years haha! Congrats!

Looking forward to pictures. :popcorn:

neko_kawaii
November 7th, 2019, 08:35 AM
Happy anniversary! *cheers wildly* *standing ovation* *begs for an autograph*

Begemot
November 7th, 2019, 08:55 AM
Happy two year anniversary! :blossom: :bottomsup:

lapushka
November 7th, 2019, 10:14 AM
Congratulations! :happydance:

embee
November 7th, 2019, 10:53 AM
Wow, only two years? You feel like a LONG TERM member to me. :) How cool is that! Congrats on the anniversary.

jane_marie
November 7th, 2019, 11:01 AM
Happy anniversary! :)

BerrySara
November 7th, 2019, 11:13 AM
That is really awesome AmaryllisRed, congrats! Honestly I also thought you had been here way longer than 2 years hehe since your hair and length is something magical! :crush:

The standing ovation hurt my knees but it was worth it! :cheer:

Excited to see pictures as well :)

SleepyTangles
November 7th, 2019, 11:15 AM
Happy hairiversary dear Amaryllis!

Tinyponies
November 7th, 2019, 11:21 AM
Happy 2 lhc- years! *applause*

Groovy Granny
November 7th, 2019, 12:23 PM
Congrats ~ your lovely hair is an inspiration :applause:

Nox_Inber
November 7th, 2019, 12:28 PM
Happy hair anniversary AmaryllisRed! :joy: :bounce:

Edit: I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures! :D

AmaryllisRed
November 7th, 2019, 12:38 PM
Thank you, everyone!
It feels longer than two years to me, too!

Mariekeeee14
November 7th, 2019, 12:49 PM
Congrats! How’s the bribery coming along? I’m longing for the pictures:)

Dark40
November 7th, 2019, 12:55 PM
Wow, 2 years! Happy anniversary! You have come a long way.

lapushka
November 7th, 2019, 02:52 PM
Thank you, everyone!
It feels longer than two years to me, too!

Any of those promised pictures yet? :)

AmaryllisRed
November 7th, 2019, 05:34 PM
It's been a long day!
I've updated the first post with pictures. :)
Didn't even have to bribe anyone... although I ended up with a lot of kid selfies I didn't ask for. :rolleyes:

jane_marie
November 7th, 2019, 05:45 PM
It's been a long day!
I've updated the first post with pictures. :)
Didn't even have to bribe anyone... although I ended up with a lot of kid selfies I didn't ask for. :rolleyes:

Awww. I can't see them. :(

AmaryllisRed
November 7th, 2019, 05:54 PM
Awww. I can't see them. :(

My albums are set to friends only. I sent you a request! :)

Groovy Granny
November 7th, 2019, 06:03 PM
Wow, even more impressive to see the comparison pics :crush:

lapis_lazuli
November 7th, 2019, 07:12 PM
Congratulations!!! Waist to classic(?) in two years is fantastic :D I can't see pics but going by reactions I'm guessing you're NOT secretly a bald dude ;) Happy anniversary!

jane_marie
November 7th, 2019, 07:33 PM
My albums are set to friends only. I sent you a request! :)

Thank you so much! Your hair is absolutely stunning. ♥

C_Bookworm
November 7th, 2019, 07:57 PM
Congrats! That’s a wonderful amount of length to gain in two years.

Milady_DeWinter
November 8th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Congrats, Amarillisred! You sure made a ton of progress :D Sent you a friends request to enjoy your pics! :o

Sarahlabyrinth
November 8th, 2019, 03:50 AM
Congrats on two years already! Time flies!

HaMalka
November 8th, 2019, 07:16 AM
Congratulations!

Would you mind if I sent you a friends request so I can see your pictures? I remember admiring your buns in the past.

AmaryllisRed
November 8th, 2019, 07:31 AM
Thank you all!
I think I requested or accepted everyone who wasn't already on my list. :)

Milady_DeWinter
November 8th, 2019, 08:43 AM
I loved all the pics! It's great for me to compare lol, you are more or less 1 year in advance to my own progress. I can't believe I'll be Classic by next year, so I'm craving other longhair lenght progress pics to compare and check. You have a lovely mane too!

TatsuOni
November 8th, 2019, 10:01 AM
Congrats! :cheer: Your hair looks so beautiful! :)

TreesOfEternity
November 8th, 2019, 11:01 AM
Lovely!!!! :heartbeat It's more beautiful every year, congratulations!! :flower: Classic is truly a magical length, can't wait to be there (will have to wait almost two years yet though).

lapis_lazuli
November 8th, 2019, 12:36 PM
Aha, there they are! Woow your hair is magic, like straight from a fairytale :o Awesome!

Ylva
November 8th, 2019, 12:51 PM
I kept reading the 'standing ovation' as standing ovulation, so I'll do that. A standing ovulation, in the honour of your 2-year hairiversary. Congrats!

neko_kawaii
November 8th, 2019, 12:54 PM
I kept reading the 'standing ovation' as standing ovulation, so I'll do that. A standing ovulation, in the honour of your 2-year hairiversary. Congrats!

Too funny !

Suortuva
November 8th, 2019, 12:59 PM
That is super inspiring, congratulations!

AmaryllisRed
November 8th, 2019, 02:24 PM
Thank you all!
Haha Ylva, you crack me up!
[I'm actually at the gyno right now so it's a timely misinterpretation!]

lapushka
November 8th, 2019, 03:07 PM
I just went back to the first post (thanks so much for updating us with pictures!) and boy the progress you made is absolutely amazing, in just 2 years, that is awesome! :cheer:

I think you have gorgeous hair! :)

HaMalka
November 9th, 2019, 04:23 PM
Your hair is really pretty.

Lady Stardust
November 9th, 2019, 04:31 PM
Beautiful AmaryllisRed, congratulations!

AmaryllisRed
November 9th, 2019, 04:45 PM
I just went back to the first post (thanks so much for updating us with pictures!) and boy the progress you made is absolutely amazing, in just 2 years, that is awesome! :cheer:

I think you have gorgeous hair! :)

Your hair is really pretty.

Beautiful AmaryllisRed, congratulations!

Thank you!

Saige
November 9th, 2019, 11:00 PM
Congratulations AmaryllisRed! You've made great progress!

Rapunzelroberts
November 10th, 2019, 04:16 AM
Congratulations on yours two years journey with LHC 🎉

CuteCrow
November 10th, 2019, 04:37 AM
I'd love to be able to see your photos. Do you mind if I send you a friend request?
Also congratulations and happy anniversary! I'm sure your hair looks fabulous! :flower:

Waveurly
November 13th, 2019, 09:21 AM
Congrats! Your story is great, so curious to see your photos and I've sent a friend request!

Tinyponies
November 13th, 2019, 12:37 PM
Wow Amaryllis, your pics are so cool to see. Your hair is lovely at each length. I’m about where you were two years ago so from a selfish perspective it’s quite exciting to see what’s possible! :)

CuteCrow
November 24th, 2019, 02:10 PM
Oh, I forgot to check back on this thread. What a journey, your hair looks lovely! Iove everything about it, your colour, texture, length... Congrats again for your anniversary! :)

AmaryllisRed
November 24th, 2019, 02:24 PM
Thank you, Waveurly, Tinyponies, and CuteCrow! (Clearly I forgot to check back here, too! Oops!)

shelomit
November 24th, 2019, 02:47 PM
Mabrouk mabrouk (congrats)! I'm sending a friend request, if you don't mind, in hopes of seeing these bribery-free pictures ( ;

Green leaves
November 24th, 2019, 02:56 PM
"Without you, my mom and my husband would bear the brunt of many hair-related monologues. They thank you."
Love it. Also a year or two behind, so motivating to see others progress ��