PDA

View Full Version : Its just one of those days

Future CCC-SLP
November 8th, 2008, 01:26 PM
You are forewarned, this is just my rant and yall are the only ones who may understand.

I am sure that almost everyone goes through these days here and there, and today happens to be my day. I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror and to my surprise I was having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad hair day :mad: . Nothing in my simple routine has changed but my waves are all off, my scalp is greasy and the ends look like a broom stick! Its days like this I wish I had short hair that I could fry to a crisp with my blow dryer and flat iron so my hair could look "pristine" every day. All of my friends have shoulder length or shorter hair that they style everyday and look top notch while as I have mostly, not entirely given up styling with heat products and go for the all natural look. I can pull this off most days, but its days like today that have me wanting to go straight to the salon.

I know deep down I don't want to cut my hair, the last time I actually followed through with it was over 4 years ago and regretted it like crazy! But sometimes I think to myself, what good is having long hair if you can't enjoy it down? Keeping it tucked up and hidden everyday can get tiresome.

I just hope that tomorrow I will wake up and my shiny waves will be back.

spidermom
November 8th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I'm having an awful hair day myself today. I'm sick of the bun, sick of the tangles, sick of the same old look all the time!

LawyerGirl
November 8th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Hugs! You have beautiful hair... we all have bad hair days, at least you know if you have long, beautiful hair a bad hair day will come and go!

krt1013
November 8th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I hear you and understand completely -- It's hard going when everyone pressures you into the "perfect" hairdo... when the only perfect hairdo is actually the one that makes you the happiest.

I bet you just slept on it funny and your hair will be back to its former glory soon enough! :)

Future CCC-SLP
November 9th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Thanks yall. Today it (my hair) is much happier, but I'm going to schedule myself a hair pamper day at the salon you know get the whole works, deep treatment, scalp massage, and long hair friendly trim. Maybe yesterday was my hairs way of screaming "YOU HAVE BEEN NEGLECTING ME!!"

Elphie
November 9th, 2008, 06:22 AM
What a good solution to having the doldrums! I hope you enjoy your day at the salon!

I was having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad hair day Is your name Alexander? Kidding!

Carolyn
November 9th, 2008, 08:46 AM
One of the great things about long hair is when your hair is looking like crap you can put it up in some kind of a bun or updo and forget it for the day. If you have short hair it just looks like short hair having a bad hair day.

Carina
November 9th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Oh dear:mad:.Been there done that.I have had so many bad hairdays lately that I have forgotten how a good one feels.I have so many products to choose between now and that sure doesn't make it easier.:(.:p;)

Speckla
November 9th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Those days suck. I hide my scissors on those days because I end up with mullets or 1/2" long bangs. It's times that that inspire me to look at old photos of short hair processing to longer. Often it'll make me feel better to realize it's not as bad as I think.
________
PERCODAN REHAB ADVICE (http://www.rehab-forum.com/percodan-rehab/)

Golden21
November 9th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I know just how you feel. When I had shorter hair I straightened every day and it didn't matter because I would cut the ends off again soon, so there was no such thing as a bad hair day.

spidermom
November 9th, 2008, 12:39 PM
My pretty hair came home today. Hooray!