PDA

View Full Version : SMT before oiling?

sonic_goose
November 2nd, 2019, 02:46 PM
So I’m going to try the Snowymoon Moisture Treatment soon, and was reading up on humectants for hair. Is it accurate that humectants allow the hair to absorb more moisture/oil? And if this is the case, wouldn’t it make sense to do an oil treatment after the SMT (as honey and aloe are humectants)? I want to check the opinion of others before I try it. Not necessarily because it would have an adverse effect (I don’t see why or how it would), but maybe just that it wouldn’t work like I’m hoping. I want to make sure my logic is right! So what do you guy think?

neko_kawaii
November 2nd, 2019, 02:58 PM
Humectants allows the hair to absorb more moisture while they are in contact with the hair. You can always add oil to a SMT, but if you apply oil after a SMT you would be relying on either the oils moving through the SMT layer already on the hair, of if you washed of the SMT first on there being some residue left from it.

Moisture in this context is generally understood to be water, but I may be wrong on that.

sonic_goose
November 2nd, 2019, 03:01 PM
Gotcha. That makes sense. I’ll probably just try the true original SMT recipe and see how it works on my hair first.