PDA

View Full Version : Hair reacting weirdly to moisture

SwanFeathers
October 31st, 2019, 07:21 AM
everyone I have ever known blames humidity for frizz. My hair loves humidity and it's favorite weather pattern is cool winter rain. I can almost wear it down and have it behave like straighter heavier hair when it's raining out, but the rest of the time it's a poufy cobweb mess.
Anyone else have this reverse relationship with humidity? How do you maintain that soft and obedient state?

lapushka
October 31st, 2019, 07:27 AM
Sometimes it's the products you use as well. Some can attract moisture to the hair, like glycerine, honey.

Do you perhaps dry-brush your hair?

SwanFeathers
October 31st, 2019, 07:46 AM
Sometimes it's the products you use as well. Some can attract moisture to the hair, like glycerine, honey.

Do you perhaps dry-brush your hair?

Sorry when you asked if I dry-brush I thought for a hot second you were referring to the miniature painting technique :)
I use a tangle teaser every couple of days. I have tried doing it wet in the shower soaked in conditioner but that's a nightmare for me. even with a wet-brush and slip my hair snaps when wet.

lapushka
October 31st, 2019, 03:44 PM
Sorry when you asked if I dry-brush I thought for a hot second you were referring to the miniature painting technique :)
I use a tangle teaser every couple of days. I have tried doing it wet in the shower soaked in conditioner but that's a nightmare for me. even with a wet-brush and slip my hair snaps when wet.

LOL! :)

If you are dry brushing it with a 2c texture, you are going to have poof, but that has more to do with the brush than with the moisture in the air, IMO.

I rarely experience frizz, but I do "stuff" to my hair to get out the poof. Like oil rinsing, LOC/LCO method and double conditioning. It all helps weigh my hair down, but you might like more volume for all I know.

And volume? There's inevitably going to be frizz!

SwanFeathers
October 31st, 2019, 06:05 PM
LOL! :)

If you are dry brushing it with a 2c texture, you are going to have poof, but that has more to do with the brush than with the moisture in the air, IMO.

I rarely experience frizz, but I do "stuff" to my hair to get out the poof. Like oil rinsing, LOC/LCO method and double conditioning. It all helps weigh my hair down, but you might like more volume for all I know.

And volume? There's inevitably going to be frizz!
I use a ROO or LOC when I can. Really it's a fight to keep moisture rather than style it in any way. I like braids and buns so volume is wasted on me I'm afraid.