PDA

View Full Version : Blackstrap molasses for hair

Faraniel
October 30th, 2019, 03:06 AM
Hi, does anyone here have any experience with blackstrap molasses? I mean not ON hair but as a part of your diet. I heard about the benefits of one spoon per day but honestly not from many sources or from a bit strange sources so I needed to ask someone I trust :D I read it is beneficial to overal health (like immunity, skin, etc) but I also heard rather sci-fi theories that it reverses white hair which I found to be too good to be true. So, do you have any experiences? Thank you!

milosmomma
October 30th, 2019, 06:31 AM
Hi, I dont have experience with molasses as a regular part of my diet, but wanted to say that it may actually be nice as part of a deep treatment or conditioner. I use honey alot in my homemade mixes and I think molasses could be a good item to replace honey. Just a thought, not an actual experience, hope more experienced people come along with an answer for you :)

Kalamazoo
October 30th, 2019, 01:44 PM
Try a strand test. Take some of your shed hairs & put some blackstrap on them. Shampoo with your normal shampoo. What color do your test hairs turn out? Do you like the color?

Internally? What nutrients are in blackstrap? Are those nutrients that have a reputation for reversing grey hairs?