PDA

View Full Version : White and Clear Products

bokeh
October 28th, 2019, 09:11 AM
I am convinced that colored hair products especially yellow or with yellow undertones are one of the many causes of hair turning yellow. With that in mind I would like to start a list of white and clear hair products. Some are obvious while shopping because they are in transparent containers but I still think that it would be helpful to list them here. Thanks to anyone who contributes to my list. I'll start in the comments with some of my favorites.

bokeh
October 28th, 2019, 09:15 AM
Noble Roots Colorless Jojoba Oil (100% pure) https://www.amazon.com/Colorless-Pressed-Moisturizer-Conditioning-Cuticles/dp/B07NJ7D8LH This is one of my favorite products. I am convinced that extra virgin olive oil was responsible for a lot of the yellowing of my grey hair.

bokeh
October 28th, 2019, 09:23 AM
My very favorite leave-in/detangler; Kinky-Curly Knot Today is very white in color.
Maui Moisture Bamboo Fibers Conditioner is snowy white.
DevaCurl Styling Cream is white.
Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel is clear.
Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% Gel is obviously very clear.
Shea Moisture Silicone Free Miracle Styler Leave-In Treatment is white.
Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie is whiteish but has a slight yellow tint to it. I'd love to find something similar that is pure white.

Cg
October 28th, 2019, 09:29 AM
Glichrist & Soames Engligh Garden shampoo (https://www.gilchristsoames.com/hair-body/hair.html). The almost imperceptible pale rose cast imparts no color to grey or white hair.

Groovy Granny
October 28th, 2019, 10:37 AM
I had the same problem....also beware of ARGAN OIL being an ingredient as that WILL stain lighter hair (been there) :tmi:

I use JOICO ~ BIOSILK ~ NEUTROGENA ~ ORS & MATRIX products with no problem.

Good luck!

*Clarifying and silver brightening shampoos removed the stains

bokeh
October 28th, 2019, 12:17 PM
Glichrist & Soames Engligh Garden shampoo (https://www.gilchristsoames.com/hair-body/hair.html). The almost imperceptible pale rose cast imparts no color to grey or white hair.Thanks. Something to try when I finally use up my stash of shampoos.

I had the same problem....also beware of ARGAN OIL being an ingredient as that WILL stain lighter hair (been there) :tmi:

I use JOICO ~ BIOSILK ~ NEUTROGENA ~ ORS & MATRIX products with no problem.

Good luck!

*Clarifying and silver brightening shampoos removed the stains Thank you Groovy Granny. I
loved Argan oil until I started suspecting that it was staining my hair. I found the colorless Jojoba oil and it seems to work as well without yellowing my hair.

MusicalSpoons
October 28th, 2019, 01:00 PM
Babassu oil is white/clear; it kind of feels like an alternative to coconut oil with a lower melting point and none of the crunchies.

I think Love Beauty and Planet conditioners are generally white (the three I have are, anyway),

For UK/EU peeps, Faith in Nature does several colourless shampoos and white conditioners, also Inecto conditioners. Natura Siberica Neutral shampoo is pearly white.

Femfresh is supposed to be a lower pH, so in case it's a type of product one wishes to try for scalp reasons: I cannot completely vouch for the ordinary pale pink/orange one not staining as my hair isn't very light, but they now do a clear ('sensitive') one too.

Nice idea for a thread :D it's a shame I won't need to know for at least a decade with how slowly my miniscule white sprinkle is growing in so far :laugh:

Elodea
October 28th, 2019, 01:18 PM
Nexxus Therappe shampoo is white. I think at least some of the Garnier Fructis shampoos are clear (don't know/remember the specific ones), although they come in translucent green or opaque bottles. OGX nourishing coconut shampoo is white.

My hair is dark so I never thought about how other people might have problems with products staining their hair!

lapushka
October 28th, 2019, 03:38 PM
Pantene Aqua Light shampoo (discontinued, but should you still be able to get some bottles of it...) is transparant. I believe the Suave daily clarifying is clear as well. Pantene clarifying (also discontinued) was clear as well. I have plenty of discontinued stuff (my stash is huge).

Also I have a lot of stylers that are "white" in color. The curl enhancing smoothie by Shea Moisture. The frizz-taming smoothie by Shea Moisture. The Cantu leave-in. The Eden Bodyworks natural curl defining cream. The Every Strand curl cream. I think those are my staples. ;)

The JBCO leave-in had a "tint" to it, but the newer ones are "whiter", so it can qualify, IMO.

SpottedBackson
October 28th, 2019, 05:13 PM
Protein shot leave-in-conditioner by MooGoo is white and it's the best hair product I've ever owned. I've never seen MooGoo mentioned here in the forum though, maybe it is Aus only?

lapushka
October 28th, 2019, 05:53 PM
Protein shot leave-in-conditioner by MooGoo is white and it's the best hair product I've ever owned. I've never seen MooGoo mentioned here in the forum though, maybe it is Aus only?

Never even heard of that brand. I think it might be an AUS thing. :)

Kalamazoo
October 28th, 2019, 06:11 PM

I found it on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/MooGoo-Natural-Protein-Leave-Conditioner/dp/B07D1C4GMB and eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/MooGoo-Natural-Protein-Shot-Leave-In-Hair-Conditioner/223594721755?epid=5021345436&hash=item340f48b1db:g:WNEAAOSw47NdM8Zj , but the S&H from Australia to the US doubles the price...

MusicalSpoons
October 28th, 2019, 06:23 PM
I found it on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/MooGoo-Natural-Protein-Leave-Conditioner/dp/B07D1C4GMB and eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/MooGoo-Natural-Protein-Shot-Leave-In-Hair-Conditioner/223594721755?epid=5021345436&hash=item340f48b1db:g:WNEAAOSw47NdM8Zj , but the S&H from Australia to the US doubles the price...

Welcome to what most of the rest of the world experiences with US brands ;)

bokeh
October 28th, 2019, 06:57 PM
Babassu oil is white/clear; it kind of feels like an alternative to coconut oil with a lower melting point and none of the crunchies.

I think Love Beauty and Planet conditioners are generally white (the three I have are, anyway),

For UK/EU peeps, Faith in Nature does several colourless shampoos and white conditioners, also Inecto conditioners. Natura Siberica Neutral shampoo is pearly white.

Femfresh is supposed to be a lower pH, so in case it's a type of product one wishes to try for scalp reasons: I cannot completely vouch for the ordinary pale pink/orange one not staining as my hair isn't very light, but they now do a clear ('sensitive') one too.

Nice idea for a thread :D it's a shame I won't need to know for at least a decade with how slowly my miniscule white sprinkle is growing in so far :laugh:I'm excited to learn about the Babassu Oil. That's a new one to me! No need to hurry the white sprinkles along, lol. Grey hair is beautiful though and I finally learned to celebrate mine.

Nexxus Therappe shampoo is white. I think at least some of the Garnier Fructis shampoos are clear (don't know/remember the specific ones), although they come in translucent green or opaque bottles. OGX nourishing coconut shampoo is white.

My hair is dark so I never thought about how other people might have problems with products staining their hair!When my hair was short the staining was never a problem but when I started using products and growing my hair it quickly started to yellow. Thanks for the suggestions!

Pantene Aqua Light shampoo (discontinued, but should you still be able to get some bottles of it...) is transparant. I believe the Suave daily clarifying is clear as well. Pantene clarifying (also discontinued) was clear as well. I have plenty of discontinued stuff (my stash is huge).

Also I have a lot of stylers that are "white" in color. The curl enhancing smoothie by Shea Moisture. The frizz-taming smoothie by Shea Moisture. The Cantu leave-in. The Eden Bodyworks natural curl defining cream. The Every Strand curl cream. I think those are my staples. ;)

The JBCO leave-in had a "tint" to it, but the newer ones are "whiter", so it can qualify, IMO.Thanks! Lots of good ideas here. I actually have the Pantene clarifying shampoo too. I believe using that occasionally also helps to remove some of the yellow.

ZoeZ
October 29th, 2019, 09:09 AM
How interesting... I hadn't thought about the colors of my conditioners and shampoos - I also use olive oil, maybe time for a change...

Kalamazoo
October 29th, 2019, 09:58 AM
The JBCO leave-in had a "tint" to it, but the newer ones are "whiter", so it can qualify, IMO.

JBCO = Jamaican Black Castor Oil darkens my hair. There is other castor oil, made from beans that have Not been roasted, that is totally clear, that would Not darken hair.

Cocoa Butter is pure white.

lapushka
October 29th, 2019, 12:04 PM
Welcome to what most of the rest of the world experiences with US brands ;)

Yep, that! ^^ LOL! :lol:
Why am I laughing; it's no fun, to tell you the truth!

lapushka
October 29th, 2019, 12:05 PM
JBCO = Jamaican Black Castor Oil darkens my hair. There is other castor oil, made from beans that have Not been roasted, that is totally clear, that would Not darken hair.

Cocoa Butter is pure white.

What color is your hair?

Does it really darken? I mean are you sure you're not using amla or something else at the same time?

Never heard that castor oil can darken.

Ylva
October 29th, 2019, 01:02 PM
Garnier Fructis Aloe Hydra Bomb Shampoo.

MusicalSpoons
October 29th, 2019, 03:58 PM
What color is your hair?

Does it really darken? I mean are you sure you're not using amla or something else at the same time?

Never heard that castor oil can darken.

Black castor oil does, because of the ash in it. I have heard clear castor oil may do but only anecdotally, not for everyone, and no plausible theories as to why it might.

sillyme
October 29th, 2019, 07:12 PM
Vo5 has a new Detox shampoo and condtioner. The shampoo is clear and the conditioner is white. I'm using it to clarify with and really like it. It has a light, clean scent and if I remember right, it has no dyes.

I bought mine at CVS. In fact, it's the only place I've seen it.

bokeh
October 30th, 2019, 12:43 PM
Garnier Fructis Aloe Hydra Bomb Shampoo.Thanks Ylva.

Vo5 has a new Detox shampoo and condtioner. The shampoo is clear and the conditioner is white. I'm using it to clarify with and really like it. It has a light, clean scent and if I remember right, it has no dyes.

I bought mine at CVS. In fact, it's the only place I've seen it.I clarify too and I've begun to think that clarifying is an important part of preventing the yellowing of my hair. Thanks for the suggestion!

Cocoa Butter is pure white.I've never used JBCO. I would definitely look for a clear type. I've also never used cocoa butter. I think it's about time that I gave it a try.