PDA

View Full Version : How long did you lurk before joining?

FrayedFire
October 27th, 2019, 03:34 PM
I realized that I only officially joined LHC as a member in 2017, but I was on here since... I want to say at the latest 2013? Probably earlier, I was still in high school when I first discovered the forum, and I graduated in 2011, so I reckon I started really frequenting the site around 2012.

pinkypoo
October 27th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Oh gosh I think since like 2008 or 2009 and then it looks like I joined in 2014. Here in 2019 is when I've actually started to post somewhat so that's a long time! I go through periods of visiting and had left for a long while because I felt I had learned all I needed too and was happy with what I had and what I was using. Now I'm back mainly because I fried my hair with bleach and the products and routines that used to work for me don't anymore. Plus I feel like a lot of thoughts and preferences that used to be unique to LHC (limiting washing, using silk pillowcases, stopping heat damage, using products without are free of damaging ingredients) are becoming mainstream. So new techniques, studies and products are being released all the time so there is more for me to learn. :)

lapis_lazuli
October 27th, 2019, 04:08 PM
I probably found this site in 2013/14 on some hair-care Google search. Lurked for about a year, taking notes, stealing secrets, before I decided to jump all in. It's nice to find community in any passion you hold - love my LHC peeps :)

H o n є y ❤
October 27th, 2019, 04:43 PM
Hey, Class of 2011 here!

I started lurking around 2011 I would say. I joined in 2016 because that's when I began visiting this site more frequently and wanted to post.

Ylva
October 27th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Not long at all. I think I joined the day I found the place.

Nox_Inber
October 27th, 2019, 05:47 PM
I think I came across the site a few times ago back when I was a teenager, but I only began truly lurking back in June of this year. Then I joined after a month. Best decision ever. Talking to people and getting to know each other is half the fun of LHC!

Elodea
October 27th, 2019, 06:10 PM
I think I came across the site a few times ago back when I was a teenager, but I only began truly lurking back in June of this year. Then I joined after a month. Best decision ever. Talking to people and getting to know each other is half the fun of LHC!

Yes, I'm pretty sure I'd come across this site occasionally over the last... five years? but I only joined last December, and only started posting with some frequency in the last few months.

HaMalka
October 27th, 2019, 06:13 PM
I don't recall. I still mostly lurk even though I joined years ago.

Groovy Granny
October 27th, 2019, 07:16 PM
@ 9 months or so....

In January of 2013 I made the decision to grow out my layered silver hair from chin....possibly to one length @ waist (which was my longest length ever).
I spotted LHC that month (which influenced my thoughts) but was unsure if I could pull it off.
In April, my hairdresser took the scissors to my layered hair one last time....this time to even the hemline and remove a layer....it was my last visit.

Over the Summer as it grew I started dealing with texture issues between my fine/wispy silver and my medium darker hair, so I really started digging for answers.
By September I was pretty much decided I was going ahead with it and joined so that I could post my questions and issues and start getting advice and support.

6 years later....I am one length and have passed my WL goal and grew on to TBL several times over and am now maintaining between Hip &TBL.

Thank you LHC :grouphug: I could not have done it without you :flowers:

Dark40
October 27th, 2019, 09:36 PM
Not long at all. I joined the first day I found the site.

Begemot
October 28th, 2019, 03:33 AM
I lurked around for quite some time before joining, then registered and lurked some more.

Milady_DeWinter
October 28th, 2019, 03:42 AM
I joined about 1 year after discovering the forum :)

Jo Ann
October 28th, 2019, 03:44 AM
About three weeks. I noticed the go-to's seemed to be Lapushka, Sarahlabyrinth, Obsidian (miss you! hope you come back soon!) and a few others. One of the best decisions I ever made!

Reyn127
October 28th, 2019, 08:15 AM
I lurked for a bit, probably 6-8 months. It was definitely less than a year of lurking for me.

TatsuOni
October 28th, 2019, 09:38 AM
I didn't lurk. I just registered. Then I didn't check the site again for a year and when I did, I became active at once.

Sora Rose
October 28th, 2019, 09:43 AM
I lurked for a few months (three or four, I think) before I joined and lurked some more. Picked up the tips to stop my split ends, mainly, because I'd already gotten motivation to grow from elsewhere. I'm perfectly okay with my boring hair that does nothing special, so I don't have a lot to say most of the time.

MusicalSpoons
October 28th, 2019, 12:21 PM
I used to think it was ~9 months, but recently checking my hairtoy purchase history realised it could have been up to a year.

Rafa
October 28th, 2019, 02:37 PM
Probably 6-7 months or so of visiting regularly, but I started visiting every so often to find the answer to a question maybe a year and a half ago.

SpottedBackson
October 28th, 2019, 06:21 PM
Sooooo long. I've been popping in and out since early high school but only just made an account. So, about ten years.

Chromis
October 28th, 2019, 10:47 PM
I lurked for a year, absorbing info and then finally made an account when I had some question that I couldn't find by searching finally!

Stray_mind
October 29th, 2019, 02:28 AM
Around 6 months i think? I came on and off this site, and finally pulled the plug and joined in 2013.

trolleypup
October 29th, 2019, 08:17 AM
Not long at all. I joined the first day I found the site.
Ditto, and managed to almost get banned with my first post.

macyann
October 30th, 2019, 09:19 PM
I think I joined very quickly. While I was trying to figure out how to take better care of my hair, Coffee&makeup (youtuber) mentioned this forum. Making an account on here, for me, was marking the day I decided to commit to growing long, healthy hair!

Reyn127
November 1st, 2019, 11:24 AM
Ditto, and managed to almost get banned with my first post.

I am so curious to know... what was the comment about, if you care to say??

katsumii
November 1st, 2019, 03:35 PM
I joined not long after I found this site *maybe a month after I started REALLY focusing on growing my hair long (since I never could ... somehow). I joined it to start asking & participating in discussions about henna. :)

MissMarmiladka
November 1st, 2019, 03:41 PM
I joined I think after a week or 2 of reading around haha! Happy that I did not wait that long before making an account..

Simsy
November 2nd, 2019, 02:49 AM
I think I did 6 months to a year of lurking before I made an account; then lurked for another year before making my first post. I also lost the site a few times, and lurched back and forth on whether I belonged. I eventually fell into a no-trim challenge and used that as a springboard.

school of fish
November 2nd, 2019, 08:53 AM
Very longtime lurker here - maybe 2007/2008ish? I lurked for so long that I pretty much had my care routine figured before I actually joined :)

trolleypup
November 4th, 2019, 11:05 PM
I am so curious to know... what was the comment about, if you care to say??
Hidden in the mists of the internet. We'll just say the introduction could be read in a couple different ways, and the image was inappropriate (and not the one I intended to post)...rumor has it that there are still downloaded copies of it out there.

antoniamiranda
November 5th, 2019, 01:53 AM
I lurked since 2007, joined in 2010, posted a little and just frequently started posting more.

Arciela
November 5th, 2019, 07:11 PM
I joined the day I found LHC! I really wanted to read blogs, tips and find help since my hair was in awful condition. I mostly do lurk though..but trying to post more :)

Laurelin
November 8th, 2019, 02:53 PM
I think I lurked for about a year or so before actually joining. I still have a single picture from the back of my head from 2017 of my hair being just absolutely ruined, around the time I first discovered lhc to try and save what was left of my hair. My hair got muuuch better after even using a few of the basic tips given like: try to not brush it all the time, try to wear a protective style, try to not wash it too often, try to not bleach. So; Thank you everyone on lhc for saving my hair! :D

jane_marie
November 8th, 2019, 02:56 PM
I found the site about two weeks before I joined.

Natalia_A00
November 9th, 2019, 11:14 AM
I joined the same day I discovered this forum. I read a lil bit and I just wanted to participate, be able to ask questions, post my photos, etc.
I like being a member and creating accounts if I like the platform. I have an account in every kind of social media sites.