PDA

View Full Version : When were you able to bring your french braid over your shoulder?

longingforlocks
November 8th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Hi everyone,
I finally am able to manage a very pretty french braid with my APL-length hair (just shy of 22 inches). However, I can't wait until I can bring my french braid over my shoulder.

At what length were you able to do this? Thanks, and I can't wait until I can do more things with my hair. It was so pretty when it was BSL-length and longer. :)

longingforlocks
November 8th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I guess this wasn't a popular thread. Mods, you can delete it.

Addy
November 8th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Well~

May I say I'm right there with ya! I miss my braid! :( I think I'm measuring 19" or so since my trim on Halloween night by my dd. I would guess that it would go over the shoulder by BSL and beyond!

psst.. I can't wait either! We'll just wait together! :D

mira-chan
November 8th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Some threads don't get answers fast. Many people are away from their computers on Saturdays. :flower:

I have no clue when I couldn't bring it over my shoulder. I guess around 6 years old. :p At waist length you definitely can with thick coarse hair.

harley mama
November 8th, 2008, 06:29 PM
I didn't answer right away simply because I can't remember! :silly:

Jessikinz
November 8th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Waist length. And I finally reached that length over the summer. It can finally go over my shoulder, but it doesn't stay there for long.

noelgirl
November 8th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I can do it, with the tassel resting just past my shoulder, and I'm just shy of waist.

jojo
November 9th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Well I am only BSL and I prefer to bring my braid over my head, but I suppose waist is the the length you start to bring it over your shoulder!

Lissa
November 9th, 2008, 02:50 AM
I think I could somewhere in between BSL and waist

Periwinkle
November 9th, 2008, 06:31 AM
I can bring mine over my shoulder, but it doesn't stay there. Braids really, really shorten my hair because it's so thick, so with the length of my braid right now, I'm guessing I'll have to be a long way past waist for it to go over my shoulder properly.

LaurelSpring
November 9th, 2008, 07:15 AM
My dream is to have it fall just below my breast (or longer of course). Right now it seems stuck just below collar bone level at the front. It doesnt ususally lay long there though and I am at BSL.