PDA

View Full Version : The Randomest Stuff That Happens To Our Hair (unintentionally)

Haziel
October 19th, 2019, 08:46 PM
You know that random thing that happened to your hair....like the time you suddenly discovered the new kitten was swinging off your braid.....or like that time you shut your ponytail in your neighbor's front door.....or how about that one time you sneezed so hard your bun fell down.....yeah you know

Arciela
October 19th, 2019, 10:24 PM
Worst one for me was when I was little during Christmas time (I had classic length hair) and my sister and I were lighting candles. You can guess where this is going lol. We both smelled some weird burning smell and we both quickly realized my hair was on fire.

Ever since then I am afraid of matches, fire and candles >_>;;

Sarahlabyrinth
October 20th, 2019, 05:11 AM
I've had mine caught on doorknobs a few times when it has been loose. Ouch!

spidermom
October 20th, 2019, 06:07 AM
I was handling a ball python, and she decided to slither through the loops of my braid. I wish so much I had gotten a picture!

sonic_goose
October 20th, 2019, 06:17 AM
My chihuahua likes to snuggle and play in long hair. In the mornings when I wake up he’s always burrowing in my hair and all I can think is “Aww you’re so cute Chester, but my poor hair!”

Simsy
October 20th, 2019, 07:26 AM
I used my bun as a pillow one night. The pillow I did have was too thin and squishy to be comfortable, so I balanced myself on my bun and slept rather well under the circumstances. I have also used the bun as a prop in the car to stop my neck from kinking oddly when I’m sleeping against the seatbelt.

Wildcat Diva
October 20th, 2019, 08:36 AM
One time I came to work early with very wet hair. I opened the freezer to get some ice, and as I moved into place (iI was hurrying) one of my strands swung up and instantly cemented itself inside the freezer door. Completely stuck, and no budging. At first I was like, “oh crap, I’m trapped here and no one is around yet to help me.” Luckily my hair was long enough that I could still maneuver; I was able get to some liquid to pour over the stuck strand and that released it. For a moment there I was panicked though.

lapushka
October 20th, 2019, 08:42 AM
One time I came to work early with very wet hair. I opened the freezer to get some ice, and one of my strands swung up and instantly cemented itself inside the freezer door. Completely stuck, and no budging. At first I was like, “oh crap, I’m trqpped here and no one is around yet to help me.” Luckily my hair was long enough that I could still maneuver; I was able get to some liquid to pour over the stuck strand and that released it. For a moment there I was panicked though.

Yikes. :scared:

sonic_goose
October 20th, 2019, 10:13 AM
Oh, and I’m a teacher so at work whenever I have to use the laminator I’m terrified of catching my hair in it. I always envision what I would do. D:

Sarahlabyrinth
October 20th, 2019, 01:41 PM
I was driving one day with the car window down and a bee flew in and got tangled in my hair. Luckily I'm not afraid of bees and figured that she would be able to work her own way out eventually, and that slapping my head and panicking while driving wouldn't be a good idea. She found her own way out!

Bess3714
October 20th, 2019, 04:07 PM
One time I had the window of my car rolled down, and when I parked and went to roll my window up, I accidentally caught some of my hair in it! Luckily I leaned over to get something of the passenger seat and felt it pull, instead of opening the door and ripping it out. That'll teach me to wear half-ups while I'm driving!

MusicalSpoons
October 20th, 2019, 04:22 PM
I was driving one day with the car window down and a bee flew in and got tangled in my hair. Luckily I'm not afraid of bees and figured that she would be able to work her own way out eventually, and that slapping my head and panicking while driving wouldn't be a good idea. She found her own way out!

Oh that reminds me, I got a bee caught in my hair this summer. I didn't realise until I took my hair down to rebun a while after getting home and going inside. I couldn't believe it got caught in my bun - that's exactly the kind of thing wearing it up is supposed to prevent!!

AutobotsAttack
October 20th, 2019, 09:17 PM
Back when I used to comb or brush my hair I’ve had many of them get straight up in my hair. Had to break the handle and bristles/teeth apart to get my hair out. Unknowingly walked through a spider web with the spider smack dab in it, and proceeded to become a full blown ninja trying to fling the spider out. He got out, and i walked away with some serious whiplash. This wasn’t really me not knowing it, but I had put myself up to the task of seeing how many pencils I can stick in various parts of my hair. Currently my hair can hold 14 pencils. I also did this years ago when I had an Afro, but with pens.

Groovy Granny
October 20th, 2019, 09:25 PM
OMG...what a great thread :popcorn:

Some posts are hilarious :lol: but BEES :agape: it would be my worst nightmare :tmi: I'd keel over from a heart attack for sure :thud:

blackgothicdoll
October 20th, 2019, 09:29 PM
Found a dragonfly in my hair once, it had almost died by the time I noticed and got it out. I wasn't exactly thrilled myself.

Agree with GG, a bee in my hair is probably the last thing I'll see before my soul leaves my body.

Kalamazoo
October 20th, 2019, 11:13 PM
Hmmm... This is sounding like a list of reasons why people wear head coverings as well as keeping their hair up...

FrayedFire
October 21st, 2019, 12:39 PM
I used to have a snake who loved to weave herself into my hair... it was so cute, I probably have pics somewhere...

The other day I closed my hair in the door behind me because I shut it too quickly, oops!

I keep accidentally hitting DB with my length cause I'll flip it out of the way to get comfortable and he likes to sit in the line of fire. Teehee ^^

Elodea
October 21st, 2019, 07:53 PM
I used my bun as a pillow one night. The pillow I did have was too thin and squishy to be comfortable, so I balanced myself on my bun and slept rather well under the circumstances. I have also used the bun as a prop in the car to stop my neck from kinking oddly when I’m sleeping against the seatbelt.

I do a similar thing when I soak in the bathtub. I wash my hair separately in the sink, so when I take a shower/bath I put my hair up in a bun so it's out of the way, and then I can rest my head on the bun against the back of the tub at a comfortable angle while laying in the tub (and this way water doesn't get in my ears)...

Natalina
October 21st, 2019, 09:07 PM

My hair's only collarbone right now but it's pretty thick, so when I sleep I'd flip my hair upwards so it doesn't get pulled as much, but all the thickness is accumulated on my nape that it feels like I'm using a neck pillow! :p

My hair sometimes get caught on clothes hangers, yes, even now when it's short. I hang them all over my bedroom so maybe that's why.

M-I
October 22nd, 2019, 06:11 AM
My hedgehog likes to crawl in between my neck and hair and kinda wrap the hair around him until he's a big tangle... I try to stop him nowadays lol