PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me if this product lifts at all?

Sparkles122
October 17th, 2019, 08:37 AM
Right now I use Adore hair dye probably more than I should. To me it doesnt seem like it has any lifting properties at all, someone please correct me if im wrong which I hope im not because then I wont use it anymore. There are no stores around here that carry Adore so i always have to order online. That can be a pain sometimes and so I was looking to try something a little more obtainable. My local Sallys carries this Clairol semi permanent that I want to try however I want someone to check the ingredients for me and make sure there are absolutely no lifting properties in this

https://i.postimg.cc/bSS8jBPv/5008654-D-08-FA-4-C6-E-AD93-435-C3751-BD23.jpg (https://postimg.cc/bSS8jBPv)

pinkypoo
October 17th, 2019, 07:41 PM
I'm not a cosmetologist or even that knowledgeable on hair dye but I thought I would offer whatever little insight i have. From what I understand is that for a dye to lift there needs to be a chemical reaction created, by that I mean if a dye comes with different parts you have to mix then it will be lifting and damaging the hair cuticle. If this particular dye is literally one bottle that requires no mixing then it should only be depositing the color onto your hair and not lifting.
I use a website called curlsbot.com that analyzes ingredients in hair products to see if they're curly girl friendly, if you copy/paste your ingredients in there it may give you more details on any concerning ingredients.

Longlegs
October 17th, 2019, 07:54 PM
Is it Clairol Color Crave ? I've used it in several shades and it does'nt lighten hair - just deposits colour.

Sparkles122
October 17th, 2019, 08:05 PM
I think this one is from the Clairol Beautiful Collection semi permanent hair dye. The reason I ask is because I tend to like reading reviews online and some of the reviews ive read say that there are lifting ingredients in this. Even some of the reviews on the Adore hair dye say the same thing.

Sparkles122
October 17th, 2019, 08:12 PM
Is it Clairol Color Crave ? I've used it in several shades and it does'nt lighten hair - just deposits colour.

Did you have any damage from it?

Jo Ann
October 18th, 2019, 12:37 AM
My feeling is that, if it's not mixed with developer (which contains hydrogen peroxide, a bleaching agent) or contains anything like ammonia or the like, it should not lift.

I generally use something more easily obtainable, like Manic Panic or Arctic Fox. One bottle, no mixing (unless it is with another semi-permanent color to create another color OR a conditioner to pastelize the color I want to use), and washes out rather easily within four to eight weeks.

Now bleaching one's hair to be able to dye it a lighter (or truer-to-the-dye-bottle) color is what I've found brings on the damage when one is using semi-permanent hair dye. Consider your options/desires carefully!

Longlegs
October 18th, 2019, 01:01 AM
Did you have any damage from it? No, it's just a semi-permanent dye , similar to Adore, Manic Panic, Directions and all those other brands. I was quite happy with it except it is Very small, something like 60ml not enough for anyones hair unless they have a pixie cut. All the photo's on the box show hair that has highlights or Ombre because it's nowhere near enough for a full head of hair.

lapushka
October 18th, 2019, 03:58 AM
Semi's (+ developer) lift almost nothing. It's not like a full shade comes off your hair.

Dark40
October 21st, 2019, 08:51 PM
No, this product does not lift hair color at all. Adore is a temporary hair coloring agent. If you want to lift color you need amonia and peroxide to lighten to a lighter shade.

Longlegs
October 22nd, 2019, 02:52 AM
Did you have any damage from it?
No, it was just the same as dyes like Manic Panic , Arctic Fox etc... eventually it washed out and my hair went back to it's old colour.