PDA

View Full Version : 2 years!

Elizabeth E
October 17th, 2019, 06:45 AM
Hello everyone!

I honestly can't believe 2 years have passed since I started this journey. Those first few months felt so looong! But here I am and thanks to LHC, my hair is now 28cm longer and just brushing TBL. Not only does it feel softer and healthier, but my curls are also much more pronounced than they were before. I'm over the moon :D

I'm not very good with photos, so I put together a video to show the difference between October 2017 and now. Thanks to all of you who inspire me on a daily basis - even if I don't comment, I still visit the forum regularly. Here's always something new to learn xx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAWRMCinpcw

Elizabeth E
October 17th, 2019, 06:47 AM
Oh, I forgot to add: if the video is a bit quick, just pause to see my hair better.

Ylva
October 17th, 2019, 06:47 AM
Congratulations on 2 years! Your hair has certainly transformed into a magnificent mane! :)

Caraid♫
October 17th, 2019, 06:48 AM
I'd be over the moon if I were you too! The extra care had amazing results and it grew so much!!

Begemot
October 17th, 2019, 06:56 AM
Congrats! :blossom: :toast:

Vacurlylady
October 17th, 2019, 07:04 AM
Wow! Your hair is beautiful! Congratulations on you two year anniversary!

TatsuOni
October 17th, 2019, 07:24 AM
Congrats! Your hair looks beautiful! :)

Kalamazoo
October 17th, 2019, 07:31 AM
Wow!!! :thudpile:

Hexana
October 17th, 2019, 07:44 AM
Wow! Congrads! Your hair looks super healthy and very beautiful! It grew a lot. Did you measure how much it grew?

Katsura
October 17th, 2019, 07:53 AM
Congratulations, your hair looks superb! :blossom:

Groovy Granny
October 17th, 2019, 10:29 AM
Beautiful ~ congrats :applause:

MusicalSpoons
October 17th, 2019, 10:59 AM
Oh my! :thud: that truly is a transformation! Congratulations :D

Arciela
October 17th, 2019, 01:24 PM
Wow!! Amazing progress! Beautiful hair :flower:

Sarahlabyrinth
October 17th, 2019, 01:30 PM
Beautiful hair! :D

SpottedBackson
October 17th, 2019, 03:39 PM
Wow! It looks at lot thicker too and really shiny!

honeybee93
October 17th, 2019, 04:09 PM
Beautiful!! Congratulations and I hope you are enjoying every minute of having this length. :) :cheer:

lapushka
October 17th, 2019, 04:12 PM
Your hair really came a *long* way in just 2 years. That is awesome. BTW, mine looks exactly like yours texture-wise (long version) when it's just been freshly washed with product in it. Cool! :D

Longlegs
October 17th, 2019, 04:56 PM
An amazing transformation , it looks beautiful.

jane_marie
October 17th, 2019, 05:06 PM
Wow your hair growth and health and growth is super inspiring.

Also, on a super secret note I'm incredibly jealous of all of you curlies. I wish I could have that amazing natural texture.

Elizabeth E
October 18th, 2019, 01:16 AM
Aw, thank you everyone :o

Wow! Congrads! Your hair looks super healthy and very beautiful! It grew a lot. Did you measure how much it grew?

Yes, I checked that I measured correctly each time. When I started out, it was at 58cm, last year it was 75 and now 86cm. I didn't trim much during the two years - 5cm, I think?

Wow! It looks at lot thicker too and really shiny!

I'm glad you noticed! I feel that my hair has become a lot shinier and less frizzy since I chucked out the SLS shampoo and switched to a natural alternative.

Your hair really came a *long* way in just 2 years. That is awesome. BTW, mine looks exactly like yours texture-wise (long version) when it's just been freshly washed with product in it. Cool! :D

Cool indeed. Funny thing is, I never put product in my hair after washing. This is just my natural curl once my hair has air-dried and before I detangle. It really straightens out a lot as soon as I start combing.

Wow your hair growth and health and growth is super inspiring.

Also, on a super secret note I'm incredibly jealous of all of you curlies. I wish I could have that amazing natural texture.

And I think most curlies are jealous of straight hair, ha ha. Thanks to LHC, I finally learned to embrace my texture.

lapushka
October 18th, 2019, 03:55 AM
Cool indeed. Funny thing is, I never put product in my hair after washing. This is just my natural curl once my hair has air-dried and before I detangle. It really straightens out a lot as soon as I start combing.

Oh goodness, I never dry detangle or I would go *poof*. I detangle when my hair comes out the towel (30-45 minutes of towel drying) and then I put my products in and leave it alone so I "pretty much" keep my texture. I don't brush/comb (just finger separate) the entire week, until it is ready to be washed again.

AmberWillow
October 18th, 2019, 06:52 AM
Omg!! I honestly wasn't expecting such a difference! As well as being longer, it looks thicker and healthier too!! Thank you for sharing and congratulations on the progress!

Elizabeth E
October 18th, 2019, 01:24 PM
Oh goodness, I never dry detangle or I would go *poof*. I detangle when my hair comes out the towel (30-45 minutes of towel drying) and then I put my products in and leave it alone so I "pretty much" keep my texture. I don't brush/comb (just finger separate) the entire week, until it is ready to be washed again.

Well, I like to wait until it's about 90% dry before detangling. It never 'poofs' excessively, it just becomes much straighter. This is only personal preference, but I don't like combing through my hair while it's still too wet. And yes, I also stick to finger separating for the rest of the week.

lapushka
October 18th, 2019, 04:23 PM
Well, I like to wait until it's about 90% dry before detangling. It never 'poofs' excessively, it just becomes much straighter. This is only personal preference, but I don't like combing through my hair while it's still too wet. And yes, I also stick to finger separating for the rest of the week.

I think it's amazing that you can do that. I don't even want to think of attempting it (again) on my hair. LOL!

BeepBooop
October 18th, 2019, 06:41 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/tgzqbCzc/giphy.gif

WOW!!!! Amazing progress<3<3

Elizabeth E
October 19th, 2019, 01:52 AM
I think it's amazing that you can do that. I don't even want to think of attempting it (again) on my hair. LOL!

Yep, it's amazing how everyone's hair is different. Back when I still used sulphates, my hair would frizz quite a bit when combing it dry (or almost dry). But now...not anymore.

Elizabeth E
October 19th, 2019, 01:53 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/tgzqbCzc/giphy.gif

WOW!!!! Amazing progress<3<3

Loving the picture. It's so cute!

Jo Ann
October 19th, 2019, 02:09 AM
Well done, Elizabeth! Most impressive!

BeepBooop
October 19th, 2019, 08:40 PM
Loving the picture. It's so cute!
That's Molang, a super cute bunny from a children's tv show. I haven't seen the show, but Molang gifs are my favorite:heartbeat They're so cute!

milosmomma
October 19th, 2019, 11:09 PM
Wow, amazing progress! I love your texture.

Elizabeth E
October 22nd, 2019, 12:07 PM
Thanks everyone :love: