PDA

View Full Version : OrganiGrowHairCo

macyann
October 14th, 2019, 01:33 PM
Hey everyone!

I just ordered a pretty expensive shipment of organigrowhairco products, i was looking at their reviews online and it seemed pretty promising, but I was wondering is anyone has tried it before ? I was also thinking of doing some kind of updates/review/progress thread on this just to give you guys an idea of weather or not these products work, but I havent seen anyone else really post threads like that so im not sure if its.. against forum rules? or something? Anyway, ive seen other forums do things like that so if anyone thinks its a good idea lmk and ill post some kind of updates on here.

Kalamazoo
October 14th, 2019, 01:58 PM
I think it's a great idea! Please do!

lapushka
October 14th, 2019, 03:00 PM
I think reviews are always helpful. I have never heard of these products before, though. How much are they (I'm a cheap drugstore kind of gal).

desisparkles
October 15th, 2019, 12:12 AM
I'd love to hear about it!

LillyBlossom
October 15th, 2019, 05:34 AM
I'd love to know your experience/review of these products.

Mariekeeee14
October 15th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Oh please try this and tell us about it! The idea sounds lovely, albeit a tad pricey.

macyann
October 16th, 2019, 01:35 PM
I think reviews are always helpful. I have never heard of these products before, though. How much are they (I'm a cheap drugstore kind of gal).
I bought a low porosity growth set, it came with a daily hair oil, a shampoo and conditioner, and a pre-poo treatment. I also bought some sort of glass hair brush? I think I'll try to post about them in better detail later... the whole thing was around $80. It is pricey but they are all vegan/organic products and seems like a good amount of product :)

macyann
October 16th, 2019, 01:38 PM
I'm glad you guys sound interested! Shipment should come very soon :) so I'll let everyone know about what I ordered

renaatijs
October 16th, 2019, 01:44 PM
Yes, please let us know!Hope you will get it soon !

macyann
October 16th, 2019, 08:51 PM
hey guys, my shipment did come in today!

So… this company is called Organigrowhairco.com, ( https://organigrowhairco.com/ ) , they are a vegan/organic hair care line that makes products for specific hair porosity/types, which is pretty cool! What really made me interested, though, was all their reviews posted on their Instagram page. It seemed to be that a lot of people had great results, people sent in these insane before and after pictures and said that they wont use any other product after trying OrganiGrow, ect. The pictures seemed like not only did people have growth but some of them literally... sprouted new hair. I asked for samples and they said that they didn't offer any samples, so I decided to just go ahead and buy one of their bundles. Like I said above, I bought the low-porosity bundle that came with a clarifying shampoo, conditioner, daily hair oil, and a pre-poo. I also bought one of their brushes.

Ill probably try to post weekly-or-so updates unless something really incredible or horrible happens because of the products. The only thing I can say so far is I wouldn't recommend the brush, because it looks like glass online (which is interesting) but its actually some kind of rubber that feels kind of "sticky", if that makes sense, and definitely pulls on my hair when I use it. The rest of the products smell pretty great, and it comes with a decent amount of product for what I paid. According to the directions it came with, a little product goes a long way, too. Admittedly, though, it still seems a little overpriced. Expectedly theyre all pretty much a mix of the hair oils we are all familiar with and essential oils.

Anyway, that's probably all for now! I might post some kind of "before" picture of my hair coming up. I totally recommend checking out their Instagram though, maybe someone wants to splurge on a bundle and try out these products with me? Haha.

Ylva
October 17th, 2019, 05:54 AM
The only thing I can say so far is I wouldn't recommend the brush, because it looks like glass online (which is interesting) but its actually some kind of rubber that feels kind of "sticky", if that makes sense, and definitely pulls on my hair when I use it.

Are you talking about this product (https://organigrowhairco.com/products/scalp-massager)? If so, it is a scalp brush/shampoo brush. It is not meant for brushing hair itself, but massaging the scalp or scrubbing in shampoo.

macyann
October 17th, 2019, 09:51 AM
Are you talking about this product (https://organigrowhairco.com/products/scalp-massager)? If so, it is a scalp brush/shampoo brush. It is not meant for brushing hair itself, but massaging the scalp or scrubbing in shampoo.

Yes! Good to know, I guess im probably using it wrong. The ends felt kind of like rubber erasers to me which is why I didn't like the feeling of it, regardless. However, I haven't ever used a scalp massager before so I don't have anything to compare it to.

*Wednesday*
October 17th, 2019, 10:16 AM
......Ill probably try to post weekly-or-so updates unless something really incredible or horrible happens because of the products. The only thing I can say so far is I wouldn't recommend the brush, because it looks like glass online (which is interesting) but its actually some kind of rubber that feels kind of "sticky", if that makes sense, and definitely pulls on my hair when I use it. The rest of the products smell pretty great, and it comes with a decent amount of product for what I paid. According to the directions it came with, a little product goes a long way, too. Admittedly, though, it still seems a little overpriced. Expectedly theyre all pretty much a mix of the hair oils we are all familiar with and essential oils.

Of course it's overpriced. Before and after photos would be ideal. Taking a starting pic before using the product and chart over the next 6 months.

Just my two cents. If you are looking to improve hair quality for $80 (Price can range on that site for bundles into $150), to each his/her own. I wouldn't spend $40. There are always people that will drop dollars for over-priced products that aim specifically for growing hair. They sell skin and hair supplements termed "anti-aging" for $33. 180 capsules take three twice daily. That's not going to last very long before you drop another $33 bucks, but people will buy it. Anyway....Are you are looking for hair growth? I think you are throwing money out of the window IF you don't have money to burn. When it comes to reviews on the internet, believe half of what you see and non of what you hear. The basics of healthy hair is the least amount of chemicals if possible, minimal to no heat and keep hair moisturized. It will cost a lot less. Growing hair takes time and if you are patient, it's free.

macyann
October 17th, 2019, 02:26 PM
Of course it's overpriced. Before and after photos would be ideal. Taking a starting pic before using the product and chart over the next 6 months.

Just my two cents. If you are looking to improve hair quality for $80 (Price can range on that site for bundles into $150), to each his/her own. I wouldn't spend $40. There are always people that will drop dollars for over-priced products that aim specifically for growing hair. They sell skin and hair supplements termed "anti-aging" for $33. 180 capsules take three twice daily. That's not going to last very long before you drop another $33 bucks, but people will buy it. Anyway....Are you are looking for hair growth? I think you are throwing money out of the window IF you don't have money to burn. When it comes to reviews on the internet, believe half of what you see and non of what you hear. The basics of healthy hair is the least amount of chemicals if possible, minimal to no heat and keep hair moisturized. It will cost a lot less. Growing hair takes time and if you are patient, it's free.

Yes! I will post a before photo. I totally agree with what you are saying. I guess, though, that growing healthy hair is much easier for some people than it is for others. I personally take pretty good care of my hair on my own, but it stays very dry and breaks easily nonetheless -probably- because of some health issues ive had in the past that Im still recovering from; the basics of healthy hair don't seem to cut it for me, and I am sure that other people have had the same experiences.... lucky for me I had a bit of spending money saved up, so I decided to go ahead and try it out! That's part of the reason I wanted to do a review though- if the products aren't worth the price, Id like to let my fellow community members know.

My goal with these products isn't just hair growth (because like you said, that's just a matter of time) but improving the overall condition of my hair.

macyann
October 18th, 2019, 09:37 AM
Hmm so.. let me know if this actually worked.
https://imgur.com/DDqjLJK
This is a "before" pic from September
https://imgur.com/uOzvX9G
And this is a more recent one. I wanted to post them both because you can see that within a month my hair seems to have gotten worse, I think this is because I started using a different shampoo between these two pictures. I might just be due for a trim. I hoping though, that if it only took a month for my hair to deteriorate, it will only take a month for my hair to recover! We'll see though.

*Wednesday*
October 18th, 2019, 11:15 AM
Hmm so.. let me know if this actually worked.
https://imgur.com/DDqjLJK
This is a "before" pic from September
And this is a more recent one. I wanted to post them both because you can see that within a month my hair seems to have gotten worse, I think this is because I started using a different shampoo between these two pictures. I might just be due for a trim. I hoping though, that if it only took a month for my hair to deteriorate, it will only take a month for my hair to recover! We'll see though.

Considering the Organigrow was the only product you were using in a month’s time and thereafter “looks worse”, your hair may not be responding favorably to the ingredients. Not what you want to hear. You live and you learn.
Could be something harsh drying out your hair. Me personally, that is a red flag to discontinue. I’ve done so myself with products. It won’t be long before it becomes very dry and you will see an increase in split ends/hair breakage. I’m approaching this from an angle you are trying to grow your hair. The idea is length retention. You have to keep those ends moisturized. Your hair overall looks healthy. You want to keep it that way.

I would do a deep conditioner to replace the moisture that may be lost. Considering your hair in pic one looks more resilient, go back to what you were using.

macyann
October 18th, 2019, 11:54 AM
Considering the Organigrow was the only product you were using in a month’s time and thereafter “looks worse”, your hair may not be responding favorably to the ingredients. Not what you want to hear. You live and you learn.
Could be something harsh drying out your hair. Me personally, that is a red flag to discontinue. I’ve done so myself with products. It won’t be long before it becomes very dry and you will see an increase in split ends/hair breakage. I’m approaching this from an angle you are trying to grow your hair. The idea is length retention. You have to keep those ends moisturized. Your hair overall looks healthy. You want to keep it that way.

I would do a deep conditioner to replace the moisture that may be lost. Considering your hair in pic one looks more resilient, go back to what you were using.
I should clarify- both of these pictures are before I started using Organigrow. I posted them both because I thought they were better together as a "before" reference, since together, they show how much my hair has changed in a month without Organigrow. But yes, if my hair continues to get worse with Organigrow I will certainly stop using the products. I have only been using the products for a couple days now, but these pictures can be compared to -potential- progress pictures that I will post in the future.

desisparkles
October 18th, 2019, 03:46 PM
That's so great that you have before pics so you can compare later. I don't see a problem with luxe items and there are a lot worse items to spend money on than hair care in my book :cool:

I did ask on the cust svc chat if they offer a guarantee on their items if they don't work and they said they do NOT - so that is something to keep in mind to any that are thinking of trying it.

Wishing you good luck with it :pray:

lapushka
October 18th, 2019, 04:39 PM
I did ask on the cust svc chat if they offer a guarantee on their items if they don't work and they said they do NOT - so that is something to keep in mind to any that are thinking of trying it.

Well that says enough, doesn't it?

Personally, I would be careful with anything being promoted over Instagram.

Ylva
October 18th, 2019, 04:47 PM
Personally, I would be careful with anything being promoted over Instagram.

Yes, this. Many people are paid to promote products, and they typically get paid after posting the raving post, and it has to be approved by the company in order for them to get the payment. If I was paid to promote a product and I needed to create a post they approved of, I'd also be a bit... overly positive about it. There will always be people whose hair likes it or alternatively, won't give a damn about what is done to it, and who'll be happy enough with the placebo effect, not least because I'd vouched for the product first and that was the primary impression of the product in their minds.

Maybe this is not the case with this company, but generally speaking, Instagram posts advertising products are generally not to be trusted. If I liked a product, it wouldn't necessarily cross my mind to randomly make a post about it on Instagram or other social media unless I was paid to do so.

macyann
October 18th, 2019, 06:53 PM
That's so great that you have before pics so you can compare later. I don't see a problem with luxe items and there are a lot worse items to spend money on than hair care in my book :cool:

Wishing you good luck with it :pray:
Thank you!

macyann
October 18th, 2019, 07:11 PM
Maybe this is not the case with this company, but generally speaking, Instagram posts advertising products are generally not to be trusted. If I liked a product, it wouldn't necessarily cross my mind to randomly make a post about it on Instagram or other social media unless I was paid to do so.
This does make me question it a lot more. The posts on their Instagram dont look paid (I mean, the promoters dont have a lot of followers, some of the "promotions" are screenshots of comments people left, ect.) Then again, I dont know too much about how promotions work.
So, for curiosities sake I'm going to message some people who are on their page and ask if they were paid to promote the products. I'll let you guys know what people say!

macyann
October 18th, 2019, 07:29 PM
Two people responded so far - "nooo definitely not at all. I had actually jus freely sent my pictures I’ve been obsessed w their product ever since my hair wouldn’t curl back . Which was from straightening it too much but it’s really done my hair good especially the length"

Another person said that they weren't paid, his wife bought him a set for his birthday and it helped with growth but he wasnt promising anything crazy

blackgothicdoll
October 18th, 2019, 08:08 PM
Huh, is it a crime to try new products? There are plenty of product junkies on this forum, sure advertisements and promotions are 'hype' but it's fun to try new things that look promising. The ingredients don't look bad, the price for the bundle runs around what you would pay for middle-end (not even high end) products, there's nothing absolutely irrational going on with these products. And as long as OP isn't selling her organs to buy it then why not?

And now for my 50 cents:

I am thrown off by the low photo resolution and general poor website design, also the neglect of the shift key in the 'About' section. When it comes to a professional appearance, it spells that it's run out of someone's kitchen. Not trying to throw shade, we buy handmade things from Etsy and there are other handmade product brands that I have enjoyed enough to repurchase myself. My thoughts are that they are just getting started, have to promote enough to get a strong customer base, hence all of the advertisements. I don't think they could afford to pay people off, though, but could get a couple reviews from friends and family trying to help them out.

I'm excited to see your progress.

ETA: noticed a 'keep cool' label on some products. They may expire quickly, it'd be a good idea to store them in the fridge.

Ylva
October 19th, 2019, 06:56 AM
Huh, is it a crime to try new products? There are plenty of product junkies on this forum, sure advertisements and promotions are 'hype' but it's fun to try new things that look promising. The ingredients don't look bad, the price for the bundle runs around what you would pay for middle-end (not even high end) products, there's nothing absolutely irrational going on with these products. And as long as OP isn't selling her organs to buy it then why not?

Certainly not. Just wanted to throw some caution to the wind in general when it comes to believing stuff you see on the Internet.

MoonRabbit
October 19th, 2019, 09:04 AM
I'm sure OP knows they are not buying magic beans. I'm personally really excited to observe this experiment.

Sure you have to be suspicious of things being advertised but that also goes for everything. Even our in stores hair products.

Ylva
October 19th, 2019, 01:03 PM
Yup, I'm excited to see how the experiment turns out as well! I just know that it's very easy to get dragged in by advertisement speeches, and because the prices are high, we'd expect the products to be good as well.

macyann
October 19th, 2019, 06:52 PM

And now for my 50 cents:

I am thrown off by the low photo resolution and general poor website design, also the neglect of the shift key in the 'About' section. When it comes to a professional appearance, it spells that it's run out of someone's kitchen. Not trying to throw shade, we buy handmade things from Etsy and there are other handmade product brands that I have enjoyed enough to repurchase myself. My thoughts are that they are just getting started, have to promote enough to get a strong customer base, hence all of the advertisements. I don't think they could afford to pay people off, though, but could get a couple reviews from friends and family trying to help them out.

I'm excited to see your progress.

ETA: noticed a 'keep cool' label on some products. They may expire quickly, it'd be a good idea to store them in the fridge.

Yeah! I didn't actually think the products were [I]super[I] expensive. I think they can only really be determined as overpriced if they don't work well. BTW I do keep the non-oil based products refrigerated!

macyann
October 19th, 2019, 06:54 PM
Also- of everyone I messaged, 6 people responded saying that they weren't paid to promote and a few explained they only spoke so well of the products because they had a genuinely good experience using them. (no one responded saying that they were paid to promote organigrowhairco)

Arciela
October 19th, 2019, 10:21 PM
Certainly not. Just wanted to throw some caution to the wind in general when it comes to believing stuff you see on the Internet.

I agree with this. Always better to be safe than sorry when reading certain stuff on the internet. Lot of it is anecdotes, some is paid reviews, some is made up and some is very true, honest information :flower:

That being said..I am interested too in seeing how these products work! I love trying new stuff :D

Kalamazoo
October 20th, 2019, 06:08 PM
Personally, when it comes to saving $ on hair care products, since I'm not at all opposed to whipping up my own recipe in the kitchen, one of my favorite ways to save money is to read the ingredients on the label. This allows me to leave out any ingredients that I don't think will be good for me (like isopropyl alcohol for example, or preservatives, or anything I know I'm allergic to), while going shopping for any good-sounding ingredients at another, cheaper source. (Example: Mane & Tail contains horsetail. I can get an ounce of that in the herb & spice section of the local grocery store for under $2.)

On the OrganiGrowHairCo website, I notice they're selling rose quartz rollers for $20 + $5 S&H. https://organigrowhairco.com/collections/front-page/products/rose-quartz-facial-massage-roller
I can get the same item on eBay for $7.91 with free shipping. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rose-Quartz-Roller-Slimming-Face-Massager-Jade-Roller-Skin-Massage-Set-Box/113674197163?_trksid=p2504926.m5232.l9681
Or if I really want to save $, I can buy a jade roller for $3.29 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Facial-Jade-Roller-Slimming-Face-Body-Eye-Head-Neck-Massager-Body-Gua-Sha-Board/223542080558?hash=item340c25742e:m:mtMFtRopU5Vvxpf sytq1nCw

which is kind of weird, because I think of jade as being more valuable than quartz.

macyann
October 20th, 2019, 06:27 PM
Personally, when it comes to saving $ on hair care products, since I'm not at all opposed to whipping up my own recipe in the kitchen, one of my favorite ways to save money is to read the ingredients on the label. This allows me to leave out any ingredients that I don't think will be good for me (like isopropyl alcohol for example, or preservatives, or anything I know I'm allergic to), while going shopping for any good-sounding ingredients at another, cheaper source. (Example: Mane & Tail contains horsetail. I can get an ounce of that in the herb & spice section of the local grocery store for under $2.)

On the OrganiGrowHairCo website, I notice they're selling rose quartz rollers for $20 + $5 S&H. https://organigrowhairco.com/collections/front-page/products/rose-quartz-facial-massage-roller
I can get the same item on eBay for $7.91 with free shipping. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rose-Quartz-Roller-Slimming-Face-Massager-Jade-Roller-Skin-Massage-Set-Box/113674197163?_trksid=p2504926.m5232.l9681
Or if I really want to save $, I can buy a jade roller for $3.29 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Facial-Jade-Roller-Slimming-Face-Body-Eye-Head-Neck-Massager-Body-Gua-Sha-Board/223542080558?hash=item340c25742e:m:mtMFtRopU5Vvxpf sytq1nCw

which is kind of weird, because I think of jade as being more valuable than quartz.

I was totally just thinking about this! The "Stimulating Scalp Beverage" I bought has sunflower, grapeseed, and boabab oil (and essential oils), but its been absorbing into my hair so well that I think when I run out i will just go buy one of these oils.

Kalamazoo
October 20th, 2019, 10:28 PM
I would like to say, however, that I think you made a wise choice in purchasing this $80 set. Even if you can get the individual ingredients more cheaply elsewhere, if this works for you, then it's proof that the good folks at OrganiGrowHairCo know something about what products are good for your hair, & in what combination, that you didn't know before trying this out. So, if this works for you the way you want it to, you'll have the option of sticking with the tried-and-true, which in that case, would mean purchasing Set #2, OR you can attempt to duplicate & improve the results by monkeying around with your own concoctions based on what you're currently learning by trying out theirs. Or a third option would be to include this as part of your new routine, while incorporating other ideas from elsewhere (or leaving out specific products that don't do the trick for you personally).

So I think this experiment of yours is a win-win all-around. No matter whether the results are good or bad, you're going to know more than before you tried it out, so you'll make more decisions in the future that will be as good or perhaps even better.

I'm very glad you're trying this out & letting us know how it goes! Thank you!

desisparkles
October 20th, 2019, 10:55 PM
i would like to say, however, that i think you made a wise choice in purchasing this $80 set. Even if you can get the individual ingredients more cheaply elsewhere, if this works for you, then it's proof that the good folks at organigrowhairco know something about what products are good for your hair, & in what combination, that you didn't know before trying this out. So, if this works for you the way you want it to, you'll have the option of sticking with the tried-and-true, which in that case, would mean purchasing set #2, or you can attempt to duplicate & improve the results by monkeying around with your own concoctions based on what you're currently learning by trying out theirs. Or a third option would be to include this as part of your new routine, while incorporating other ideas from elsewhere (or leaving out specific products that don't do the trick for you personally).

So i think this experiment of yours is a win-win all-around. No matter whether the results are good or bad, you're going to know more than before you tried it out, so you'll make more decisions in the future that will be as good or perhaps even better.

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑ this

lapushka
October 21st, 2019, 04:31 AM
Also- of everyone I messaged, 6 people responded saying that they weren't paid to promote and a few explained they only spoke so well of the products because they had a genuinely good experience using them. (no one responded saying that they were paid to promote organigrowhairco)

Yeah, just FYI, I don't think anyone is going to admit that. ;)

But anyway, if you fare well with them and are willing to shell out the cash; nothing wrong with it.

Kalamazoo
October 21st, 2019, 06:14 AM
Anyway, $80 is less than a trip to the beauty salon, and you're actually learning something that you can use to take charge of your hair, instead of passively sitting in the chair, letting the beautician do whatever and having no idea what. Knowledge is worth paying for. And you said that the Stimulating Scalp Beverage was absorbing well. That's probably making you feel good, because your two "Before" pictures say plainly that whatever you did last month wasn't working. Your hair needed help, and you found something for less than the price of a salon visit, something that you can continue to do as long as you like. Your monetary savings (over seeing a beautician) will increase with each application. And since you're kind of new around here, you haven't had much time to experiment yet, so if this works and you wind up rescuing your own hair, and relatively quickly, at that? Not bad.

MoonRabbit
October 21st, 2019, 06:44 AM
Price is subjective but 80 dollars isn't That bad. I mean my current deep conditioner from the store is 15 dollars. The brand sells bundles for around the same price.

Kinda gives me Briogeo vibes which is hella expensive and sponsors many online influencers.

Op, what is the scent like in your products?

lapushka
October 21st, 2019, 08:25 AM
I recently saw on Dr Dray's YT channel: a shampoo/conditioner set that is no fragrance should you want it (called function, I think). I think they can also only be ordered online, but it could be a nice alternative if this one has fragrance and you for instance no longer want that, or can't do fragrance in things!

macyann
October 21st, 2019, 01:47 PM
Price is subjective but 80 dollars isn't That bad. I mean my current deep conditioner from the store is 15 dollars. The brand sells bundles for around the same price.

Kinda gives me Briogeo vibes which is hella expensive and sponsors many online influencers.

Op, what is the scent like in your products?

All the products contain a mix of essential oils, for lack of a better word they smell quite nice :) Mostly floral/citrus smelling, the scalp oil definitally has a lasting scent in my hair but the shampoo, conditioner, and pre-poo pretty much just wash out. In my opinion none of the smells are overwhelming.

macyann
October 21st, 2019, 01:52 PM
I would like to say, however, that I think you made a wise choice in purchasing this $80 set. Even if you can get the individual ingredients more cheaply elsewhere, if this works for you, then it's proof that the good folks at OrganiGrowHairCo know something about what products are good for your hair, & in what combination, that you didn't know before trying this out. So, if this works for you the way you want it to, you'll have the option of sticking with the tried-and-true, which in that case, would mean purchasing Set #2, OR you can attempt to duplicate & improve the results by monkeying around with your own concoctions based on what you're currently learning by trying out theirs. Or a third option would be to include this as part of your new routine, while incorporating other ideas from elsewhere (or leaving out specific products that don't do the trick for you personally).

So I think this experiment of yours is a win-win all-around. No matter whether the results are good or bad, you're going to know more than before you tried it out, so you'll make more decisions in the future that will be as good or perhaps even better.

Thank you!! Im crossing my fingers that the products work well but yeah, wont beat myself up if they dont.

macyann
October 29th, 2019, 08:16 PM
Hey guys! Its only been about a week and a half (?) since Ive started using these products, but I wanted to post a little mini-update.

https://imgur.com/VXWaU6e
This is a picture of my hair a week into using the products.
This is a picture of my hair before I started using the products.

While there is a noticeable difference, this might not be because of Organigrowhair. Their products come with a list of directions to follow for healthy hair care, one of which is to only wash your hair once or twice a week. This is less than my hair is used to- but I followed these directions anyway, and I think it could be what has caused such a dramatic difference in my hair. As you can see, my hair is getting pretty greasy in the 1 week photo. Additionally I am using the Scalp Oil every other day (per directed), so by the end of the week oil feels like its pretty much piled up on my hair.

Let me clarify a little more about this. The set I ordered comes with a scalp oil, a pre-poo, a clarifying shampoo, and a conditioner. I am using ONLY these products so that I can get a good idea if they work well. But, the directions say to use the clarifying shampoo only once a week. So, I only wash my hair once a week using the clarifying shampoo. The directions also say to use the pre-poo once or twice a week followed by their shampoo, so I can only use the pre-poo once a week.
Since this has made my hair pretty oily, I tried to do a CO wash but that didnt really help things much. Lol. I actually notice that even after shampooing and conditioning my hair, it still felt greasy. I think that the oils in the conditioner are too heavy on my hair so Ill have to start using it only on the ends (which is what I would normally do, but it isnt how youre directed to use it).

I tried to fix this problem I was having by using dry shampoo, but then I read about how bad dry shampoo can be on your hair. I also feel like this is getting in the way of correctly reviewing the products so I am doing my very best to stop using it.... but some days I just dont wanna look like a greaseball. So if you guys have any tips on how to prevent oily hair let me know! Id also like to know how to upload images directly into the textbox instead of using Imgur :doh: Thanks everyone :)

Kalamazoo
October 30th, 2019, 12:42 AM
Macyann, if you tap on your name in blue, at the upper left of any of your posts, you'll get a drop-down menu box, the first option of which is to go to your Profile. Click on that. That takes you to all the controls for how to create your own mini-website here at LHC. (Well, maybe "mini-website" isn't quite accurate terminology, but there are certainly more buttons to push than I've figured out so far.) Anyway, you can create an album in your Profile, & upload photos directly from your computer or phone. Once you upload a photo, the website supplies it with a code that you can copy and paste into the box that appears when you click on the picture with the tree (as opposed to the box that looks like a movie film.)

About your 2 Imgur photos in your most recent post, I think your Oct 25 photo looks a LOT healthier than your Oct. 13! I think greasiness is a minor problem. So I would say that the OrganiGrowHairCo stuff is working for you; you just need to fine-tune the procedure. I mean, I think they've sent you good ingredients, but if your particular head of hair wants to be washed more frequently, or have less oil applied, then you should feel free to do what makes your scalp happy. I mean, you've given it a fair trial by following their instructions to the letter. Now it's time to play around with it & adjust things to make it work for you. You probably want to start with just varying the amounts & frequencies of your use of what they sent you in the box; but after you've satisfied yourself that you've found the optimal way to use OrganiGrowHairCo's stuff, feel free to add in other products, like your favorite previous shampoo, etc. Try mixing in your old favorites that you still have lying around the house.

But I must say, your oiled hair looks VERY healthy! in my opinion.

(And I'm also struggling with not looking too greasy after doing one of my hair masks. My "routine" is also a work-in-progress.)

I wonder what would happen if you contacted the company & asked for their advice? They know their own products, so they might have a good suggestion, like "You really need a bottle of X to balance it all out." So long as their advice isn't too expensive, maybe it might work.

Kalamazoo
October 30th, 2019, 02:12 PM
P.S. There's also a "Greasy Hair?" thread, which may or may not contain info relevant to you personally. After all, this seems like a side effect of the OrganiGrowHairCo, so I'm not sure if anything on the "Greasy Hair?" thread applies to you or not. https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=144512

macyann
October 30th, 2019, 03:42 PM
Macyann, if you tap on your name in blue, at the upper left of any of your posts, you'll get a drop-down menu box, the first option of which is to go to your Profile. Click on that. That takes you to all the controls for how to create your own mini-website here at LHC. (Well, maybe "mini-website" isn't quite accurate terminology, but there are certainly more buttons to push than I've figured out so far.) Anyway, you can create an album in your Profile, & upload photos directly from your computer or phone. Once you upload a photo, the website supplies it with a code that you can copy and paste into the box that appears when you click on the picture with the tree (as opposed to the box that looks like a movie film.)

About your 2 Imgur photos in your most recent post, I think your Oct 25 photo looks a LOT healthier than your Oct. 13! I think greasiness is a minor problem. So I would say that the OrganiGrowHairCo stuff is working for you; you just need to fine-tune the procedure. I mean, I think they've sent you good ingredients, but if your particular head of hair wants to be washed more frequently, or have less oil applied, then you should feel free to do what makes your scalp happy. I mean, you've given it a fair trial by following their instructions to the letter. Now it's time to play around with it & adjust things to make it work for you. You probably want to start with just varying the amounts & frequencies of your use of what they sent you in the box; but after you've satisfied yourself that you've found the optimal way to use OrganiGrowHairCo's stuff, feel free to add in other products, like your favorite previous shampoo, etc. Try mixing in your old favorites that you still have lying around the house.

But I must say, your oiled hair looks VERY healthy! in my opinion.

(And I'm also struggling with not looking too greasy after doing one of my hair masks. My "routine" is also a work-in-progress.)

I wonder what would happen if you contacted the company & asked for their advice? They know their own products, so they might have a good suggestion, like "You really need a bottle of X to balance it all out." So long as their advice isn't too expensive, maybe it might work.

Thanks! I never would have figured that out, lol.

Youre right- I think i will finish this week off as directed, and then start fine-tuning it to my own needs. Id like to try to find a sulfate-free shampoo to use besides the clarifying shampoo because thats another thing they suggested in the directions but like.... If they wanted me to use a sulfate free shampoo, why didnt they send me one??? Whatever though :p Maybe ill just try using the clarifying wash twice a week, or cut down on the scalp oil. I feel like my hair looks healthier but I dont want to get my hopes up, since its been such a short amount of time!

Ill try to contact the company and ill let everyone know what they say. Funny story- I emailed them asking if biweekly meant twice a week or once every two weeks, because thats what I THOUGHT the directions said for using the clarifying wash. Turns out it ACTUALLY specifically said to use it only once a week (I was reading directions for something else. )They emailed me back though saying "please wash your hair twice a week". So that made me wonder if a.)they even read my email or b.) they dont even know how they directed customers to use their products. I didnt include anything about how greasy my hair was getting, though. I messaged them a separate time on Instagram and they didn't even answer so.... so far im feeling like customer service is not the best.

desisparkles
October 30th, 2019, 07:42 PM
looking really nice!!!

also..you look so much like my lil sis; I did a double take.

macyann
October 30th, 2019, 07:45 PM
looking really nice!!!

also..you look so much like my lil sis; I did a double take.

That makes me feel weirdly happy :p and thank you!

desisparkles
October 30th, 2019, 08:12 PM
lololol :flower:

Kalamazoo
October 31st, 2019, 02:20 AM
Glad to be of help!

macyann
November 14th, 2019, 10:49 AM
Hi guys its been almost exactly 1 month since I started using these products so this is my official 1 month update :D

Before OrganiGrow:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39074&d=1573752208

1 Month After OrganiGrow:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39073&d=1573752169

Bear with me if those pictures did not upload at all, Ive never attatched pictures that way before. Please excuse poor quality and messy rooms :p

As far as how I feel about these products thus far Im pretty happy. Ive used so little of what they gave me considering I only use the shampoo/conditioner/hair mask once a week, and I use only a few drops of oil every other day, so I feel satisfied with the price ive paid for the products. The angles in these two pictures are admittedly different but I feel its safe to say my hair has grown a bit in the past month, and definitely feels... different. Like.. bouncier, or stronger? I dont know the correct terminology for the feeling that my hair feels a little less like hay haha. The products arent magic or anything but they have made a noticeable difference.

For those who have been keeping up with my posts on here you know Ive had problems with my hair feeling very oily- youll be happy to know today is the FIRST day (in a month) my hair does not feel oily! Today was wash day and I used conditioner, let that sit for 5 mins, then shampoo twice. I cannot explain how happy I was to actually be able to wear my hair down today as for the past month it has been too oily to do anything except wear in a bun :applause I even put the scalp oil in and it soaked right into my hair... its the conditioner, guys, not made for thin hair at all.

macyann
November 14th, 2019, 10:52 AM
P.S those pictures came out HUGE for me, sorry. Enjoy all the close up and personal details :')

desisparkles
November 14th, 2019, 11:33 AM
yay! I'm so happy for you! your hair looks so goood! shiny and soft looking and woah to that growth!! :shocked:

my kiddos and I have fine hair and we are always trying to find that conditioner that's light enough to not weigh it down but has mega moisture. the hunt for that will be a forever one I suppose because even when I do find some we like I always have hope for a better one, hahaha.

and yes to the close ups and personal details, more please, I nosy over here :lol::lol::lol:

macyann
November 14th, 2019, 01:28 PM
yay! I'm so happy for you! your hair looks so goood! shiny and soft looking and woah to that growth!! :shocked:

my kiddos and I have fine hair and we are always trying to find that conditioner that's light enough to not weigh it down but has mega moisture. the hunt for that will be a forever one I suppose because even when I do find some we like I always have hope for a better one, hahaha.

and yes to the close ups and personal details, more please, I nosy over here :lol::lol::lol:

:laugh::laugh:Thanks so much! And yes, the neverending fight for moisture without weight. So many products, I feel like, are advertised to volumize thin/fine hair and not enough products are trying to actually work with it.

Kalamazoo
November 14th, 2019, 03:58 PM
You're looking good! Yes, I find I want to tweak each treatment.

macyann
November 15th, 2019, 11:34 AM
You're looking good! Yes, I find I want to tweak each treatment.

thank you!

macyann
December 17th, 2019, 10:01 PM
i cant believe its been 2 months by now! this is going to be my two month update on using the products:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39384&d=1576643763

I know the pose is different that the last couple updates, but id prefer to start taking pictures this way since i think it is easier to keep my head in the same position, giving a better reference for growth :) Ill also try to use the same sweater.

In the past couple weeks I have been getting a LOT of comments about how much my hair is grown- Im not sure if this is due to the products or just regular growth, though. My hair definitely feels and looks (in my opinion) healthy, although im starting to notice some splits. Thinking of getting a trim for the new year?
As for how oily the products have made my hair in the past, I dont feel like thats a problem anymore. I wash my hair twice a week now and my hair seems to have gotten used to it.
Overall... so far, its hard to even say what these products have done for my hair. Yes, my hair is healthy and yes, it has grown- but is it because of the products ive been using? I feel as though its a mix of being more gentle with my hair, washing it way less, as well as using gentler products.
Just for fun, I found this picture of my hair way in the beginning of this year- seeing the difference in growth is so cool. I feel like even the texture of my hair is different than it was a year ago!
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39385&d=1576644957

(sorry if both these pictures come out HUGE again, if anyone knows how to make them smaller let me know :bigeyes: )

Anyway, thats just my little update! if anyone has any questions let me know, always glad I have this place to share progress and hear what other hair-growing girls/guys think :)

Kalamazoo
December 18th, 2019, 01:45 AM
Macyann, has your hair grown 3" in 2 months? That's a pretty zippy growth rate there. They say "average" is 1/2" per month. Does your hair always grow that fast? :agape:

macyann
December 18th, 2019, 02:06 AM
Macyann, has your hair grown 3" in 2 months? That's a pretty zippy growth rate there. They say "average" is 1/2" per month. Does your hair always grow that fast? :agape:

not at all!!! that is a picture of my hair in the beginning of the year! sorry if that was misleading! Just thought id post it for fun, since its the end of the year now :) This is two months ago:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39074&d=1573752208

YunaGation
December 18th, 2019, 01:29 PM
I learned what porosity is. So what are methods of giving those strands more love and care?

Kalamazoo
December 19th, 2019, 03:34 AM
I meant, I thought

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39384&d=1576643763

looked 3" longer than

macyann
July 14th, 2020, 10:11 PM
hello, community :)

I havent posted on here in such a long time. Thought I would update this thread since I probably wont be adding to it any more.
I stopped using organigrow because I had to move houses and no longer had the products (I moved from my dads to my moms, suddenly, and left most of my stuff there.) Hadnt taken very good care since the move and it does look rather damaged at this point. I bleached a strip of it which I really like but it not in the best health! Otherwise, wash it too often, brush badly, and havent been doing hair masks ect. Its not in the worst shape though and has grown quite a bit since my last photo update! Im excited to be back on the website and will start taking better care of my hair again with tips and motivation from all of the lovely people on here.

Anyhow, to conclude this whole thread.. would i recommend these products? Yes, but not for my hair type. My hair was in great health while i was using them consistantly- maybe the best health its ever been in. I wont forget to say that i was also being very physically careful with my hair anyway, and the shampoo i was using before i started using the company's products could have been half the problem. All the products smelled amazing. I especially liked the hair mask. I wouldnt recommend these product for my hair type though because my hair was almost constantly weighed down and while it began to adapt to it to some extent, I still looked like a greaseball half the time. Was it pricey? Yeah, but you only needed to use a little bit, so it seems like they would have lasted a very long time even if I continued using them when I left. Whether or not this is in your budget is for you to decide, though. You could probably mix the oils yourself to recreate the products. But at the end of the day, they did work.

I won't buy more because I'd rather experiment with different products, cheaper ones as well. It was fun to try out and im glad I could share my experience with all of you! Hope everyone is well :)