PDA

View Full Version : Zhunami Bun Tutorial for long hai

bparnell75
September 30th, 2019, 11:28 AM
I just found this bun on youtube. It's posting is almost a year old. It looks a little like a Posh bun when finished. Gonna try it today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiEFk-0bvD0

lapushka
September 30th, 2019, 01:16 PM
Schere = scissor. Referring to the sign she makes with the fingers. FYI.

It's a pretty bun!

MusicalSpoons
September 30th, 2019, 04:21 PM
Schere = scissor. Referring to the sign she makes with the fingers. FYI.

It's a pretty bun!

Aka LLAP, the Vulcan salute (live long and prosper) ;)

Oh! I couldn't find 'Schere' anywhere in the description so I've just thought, was it in a voiceover?

Nice bun, but I'm going to have to watch it really closely a few times; I can't quite work out what goes where :confused:

lapushka
September 30th, 2019, 04:56 PM
Aka LLAP, the Vulcan salute (live long and prosper) ;)

Oh! I couldn't find 'Schere' anywhere in the description so I've just thought, was it in a voiceover?

Nice bun, but I'm going to have to watch it really closely a few times; I can't quite work out what goes where :confused:

"Wie eine Shere" (like a scissor) is what she said in the video, MusicalSpoons.

MusicalSpoons
September 30th, 2019, 05:03 PM
"Wie eine Shere" (like a scissor) is what she said in the video, MusicalSpoons.

Ahhh right, thanks! :thumbsup: (I don't usually watch with sound because I find it hard enough to hear English let alone attempt to pick out words from any other languages)

lapushka
October 1st, 2019, 02:59 AM
Ahhh right, thanks! :thumbsup: (I don't usually watch with sound because I find it hard enough to hear English let alone attempt to pick out words from any other languages)

You're welcome. BTW, it's "Schere", not the way I wrote it in above post. My mistake. English (sh) as in shears and then German (Sch) as in Schere. It gets confusing. LOL! Gosh, and I'm supposed to be OK with 5 languages and not get them confused. LOL! :lol:

Cg
October 1st, 2019, 09:41 AM
I saw an actress in an old Western movie make this bun and use u-pins to hold it. It was clear this was not a recently-learned technique for her, and the hip-length hair was all hers. (I'm always impressed when Makeup doesn't add a hairnetted off-color clump to an obvious pixie.)

bparnell75
October 1st, 2019, 10:24 AM
I saw an actress in an old Western movie make this bun and use u-pins to hold it. It was clear this was not a recently-learned technique for her, and the hip-length hair was all hers. (I'm always impressed when Makeup doesn't add a hairnetted off-color clump to an obvious pixie.)

I agree. There have been some terrible fake hair pieces in the movies!

Neoma
October 1st, 2019, 03:36 PM
This bun is interesting. It looks like a Celtic knot when it's finished, though it's not made the same way.

bparnell75
May 5th, 2020, 05:24 PM
Wearing this one again today. I find getting that twist from the thumb a little tricky