PDA

View Full Version : New growth driving anyone else Nuts!?

kitcatsmeow
September 28th, 2019, 07:35 PM
I had two major sheds true last two years. One right after my daughter was born and then again when she weaned at 16 months. That’s the bad news. The good news is I have a ton of new growth but it’s so irritating! The longest is about apl. I cut my hl hair to waist since the shed thinned the ends and it’s less of a distance for the new growth to catch up. Shorter pieces are about collar bone length and I have some chin length. I usually wear a top know and now the nape hairs stick out and fall out and I need clips to kee them up. I also tried some hair smoothing cream which works but it’s so expensive. When I wear it down the nape hairs curl and frizz. I don’t use heat and just straighten and smooth it by wrapping.

does anyone know of any products I can use to help keep these hairs smooth but won’t make my hair feel gross? Some kind of light pomeade maybe?

Simsy
September 28th, 2019, 08:06 PM
I have a heap of newish growth around my hairline. Since the mop has a thing against most products; I use small braids to control them. One either side of my part, and one across the base of my skull; the ends just get woven in wherever they reach.

Arciela
September 29th, 2019, 10:34 AM
Yup I have tons of new growth even now after I stopped bleaching in 2017. I try to do high buns on top of my head and it manages to hide all of it and annoy me less.

Tinyponies
September 29th, 2019, 12:54 PM
Yes nutso nuts!

I had a massive stress shed summer 2018, that calmed down eventually but since then I seem to have perpetual new growth like there are loads that keep shedding out at 5-6 inches long then starting over again in noticeable ‘waves’ or groups.

I don’t like to wear pins so have a cotton buff type head wrap tube thing that I wear most of the time otherwise they get splits, knots and ssks really easily. I bought the first one but am making a new one today out of a t-shirt.

Good luck with your hunt for products!

sumidha
September 29th, 2019, 02:18 PM
I don't have any suggestions, just sympathy. My shed from (I'm assuming) weaning my daughter is about 4 inches long and it's so extreme it looks like I have bangs cut in only at my temples. :laugh:

I just use bobby pins when it gets really bad and try to be patient with the grow out.

Groovy Granny
September 29th, 2019, 03:28 PM
A dab of texture cream, or a spritz of hairspray and a pass with a BBB (mixed bristle brush) usually does the trick in blending the new growth for me when it needs taming.

p3anutbuttercup
December 20th, 2019, 11:00 PM
New hair growth is the most stressful. I usually try to spray a tiny bit of hairspray on little toothbrush to smooth down the new hairs.