PDA

View Full Version : Protective updos?

bushkin
September 28th, 2019, 02:50 PM
I am curious if anyone has noticed good results from keeping their hair up for long periods of time? Meaning you keep your hair in updos rather than having it down during the day. I have always liked using pencils to put my hair up and finally bought some legit hair sticks. I love them! I like that my ends are protected, especially since I just broke down and got a trim.

Ylva
September 28th, 2019, 02:54 PM
Many people here swear by bunning and it's usually a necessary practise if one aims for very long lengths.

It does, of course, keep the ends safe, but if you're a regular trimmer, it won't make as big of a difference since you will be renewing the ends every once in a while. If you're aiming to gain length faster (as in not lose it to trimming/breakage along the way), it's a good idea to put your hair up.

lapushka
September 28th, 2019, 04:40 PM
My hair is up when I'm up, and down when I have down-time. It works for me. :)

MusicalSpoons
September 29th, 2019, 07:57 AM
Yup, all the time! I could never grow past TBL before without having to chop off the scraggly ends every year - and actually that was with it up, but using hair elastics* to secure so it was still destroying my ends. Since finding LHC and using hair-friendly tools such as sticks and forks, I've now passed knee length :D

Also, welcome!

*Autocorrect originally put 'sharks' for 'elastics' - in the context? I thought it was rather appropriate seeing as the elastics certainly ate my hair :rollin: