PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my haircut today :)

wo
September 24th, 2019, 12:47 PM
Hey everyone! (This isn't anything super exciting fyi.)

Awhile ago I asked for self trim advice on here, but I didn't go through with it. I've been unhappy with how flat and lifeless my hair has been for quite some time now, so I booked an appointment at the same salon I went to last time, and had a good cut, but this time with a different stylist.

My last cut was December, so 9 months ago. I'm realizing that about 7-9 months seems to be a good haircut interval for me. I'll never understand why, but it seems like my layers just disappear over time along with the definition and volume they give, and nothing resets my hair into looking good but a new haircut.

Anyway, the stylist had beautiful naturally curly hair, styled really well. And I didn't even know that ahead of time, but that was a great sign. She was really good with my hair, no weird stuff with the cut or styling. It's really not a before and after type of situation so these are just my after pics. But if you go to my recent posts, you could see it recently before.

I really love a fresh haircut and I think hip length is my comfort zone. I should be good to go until next summer maybe. :)

https://i.imgur.com/EnfvREj.jpg

Starrydandelion
September 24th, 2019, 12:55 PM
wo, your hair is just lovely. :cloud9: Glad to hear everything went well and that you're happy with your hair again. Thank you for the update. :crush:

desisparkles
September 24th, 2019, 12:57 PM
:thudpile::thudpile::thudpile::thudpile::thudpile: :thudpile::thudpile:

you have my dream hair - cut and all. so happy you found a gem of a stylist - that's such a treasure to be able to trust someone with your hair.

spidermom
September 24th, 2019, 01:56 PM
Outstanding! My hair wants to be just like your hair (sorry my hair, never gonna happen).

wo
September 24th, 2019, 02:38 PM
wo, your hair is just lovely. :cloud9: Glad to hear everything went well and that you're happy with your hair again. Thank you for the update. :crush:

:thudpile::thudpile::thudpile::thudpile::thudpile: :thudpile::thudpile:

you have my dream hair - cut and all. so happy you found a gem of a stylist - that's such a treasure to be able to trust someone with your hair.

Outstanding! My hair wants to be just like your hair (sorry my hair, never gonna happen).

You guys are so nice! :) Thank you! My hair is not *my* dream hair because I think everything is harder with curly hair. 🙈 But I really do love it on the good days.

S&S
September 24th, 2019, 03:00 PM
Beautiful long curly hair!!! :crush: anddd its frizz free! :heartbeat

Ylva
September 24th, 2019, 04:01 PM
It looks awesome! :) Just beautiful!

enting
September 24th, 2019, 04:36 PM
Absolutely gorgeous, wo. My hair wishes it looked like that.

lapushka
September 24th, 2019, 05:01 PM
I think it looks great! :)

Nox_Inber
September 24th, 2019, 05:25 PM
I love it! Your hair looks soft and healthy with lots of volume :D

Wravyn
September 24th, 2019, 05:54 PM
Beautiful :inlove:

hennalonghair
September 24th, 2019, 08:09 PM
Gorgeous hair.

CuteCrow
September 24th, 2019, 08:39 PM
Oh. My. God. Your hair is my hair goals. So gorgeous :thud: looking at your all posts I think that the haircut really suit you too.

Begemot
September 24th, 2019, 11:44 PM
So lovely :blossom: Congrats for finding a good hairdresser who understands curly hair!

Waveurly
September 25th, 2019, 01:30 AM
Very beautiful! It seems as you're hair has been growing so fast! :) Wonderful progress!

wo
September 25th, 2019, 06:34 AM
Thank you for the kind words everyone!! 🤩

lapushka
September 25th, 2019, 09:26 AM
Thank you for the kind words everyone!! ��

No wonder, it's absolutely gorgeous, and so subtly layered, but it IS layered - I like it loads!

SallySue
September 25th, 2019, 09:50 AM
Your hair is my goal! How long have you been growing it out?

wo
September 25th, 2019, 12:07 PM
Your hair is my goal! How long have you been growing it out?

Thank you :) Let's see, for the big picture, I've grown here from a very short pixie cut in may 2014. In the middle of that timeframe, I did no trimming for 3 years and got from jaw length to a bit longer than waist. Before and after that, I've had occasional trims, no big cuts.

SallySue
September 25th, 2019, 12:19 PM
Wow! The no trim thing really worked for you,then.

FaerieToast
September 25th, 2019, 12:33 PM
Thank you :) Let's see, for the big picture, I've grown here from a very short pixie cut in may 2014. In the middle of that timeframe, I did no trimming for 3 years and got from jaw length to a bit longer than waist. Before and after that, I've had occasional trims, no big cuts.

I saw "pixie cut in 2014" and seeing your length now, my jaw dropped. That is very fast growth and it's absolutely beautiful!

MusicalSpoons
September 25th, 2019, 01:38 PM
Wow! GooOoOoorgeous :thudpile:

wo
September 25th, 2019, 02:45 PM
I saw "pixie cut in 2014" and seeing your length now, my jaw dropped. That is very fast growth and it's absolutely beautiful!

Thank you!! Well, I actually don't think it grew faster than the typical 6 inches a year, I just think it seems fast because I barely cut any off. I thought about it, and 5 years should be about 30 inches of hair, right? And my longest sections of hair seem to be about 27 inches when I just now checked. So that seems exactly right for average, accounting for a couple trims and having about an inch or two to start with my pixie. So really it should be encouraging that it's not extra fast growth! Just barely ever cutting that made it go fast.

S&S
September 25th, 2019, 02:50 PM
. So really it should be encouraging that it's not extra fast growth! Just barely ever cutting that made it go fast.

& I'm sure proper care :eye:

lithostoic
September 25th, 2019, 03:39 PM
Fabulous!!!

milosmomma
September 25th, 2019, 06:01 PM
Wow, gorgeous hair!

Lizabeth94
September 25th, 2019, 06:11 PM
It looks gorgeous, I love your curls! :cheer:

wo
September 25th, 2019, 07:23 PM
& I'm sure proper care :eye:

Yes true, I don't color or use any heat or bad habits. The worst thing I do is mostly wear it down.

😊😊

AutobotsAttack
September 25th, 2019, 09:38 PM
Curls are absolutely poppin’ !!!!

Arciela
September 26th, 2019, 09:21 AM
Wow beautiful hair! Reminds me of Christine Daae from phantom of the opera

TatsuOni
September 26th, 2019, 10:48 AM
It looks beautiful!

Erinliz
January 3rd, 2020, 07:37 PM
Hey everyone! (This isn't anything super exciting fyi.)

Awhile ago I asked for self trim advice on here, but I didn't go through with it. I've been unhappy with how flat and lifeless my hair has been for quite some time now, so I booked an appointment at the same salon I went to last time, and had a good cut, but this time with a different stylist.

My last cut was December, so 9 months ago. I'm realizing that about 7-9 months seems to be a good haircut interval for me. I'll never understand why, but it seems like my layers just disappear over time along with the definition and volume they give, and nothing resets my hair into looking good but a new haircut.

Anyway, the stylist had beautiful naturally curly hair, styled really well. And I didn't even know that ahead of time, but that was a great sign. She was really good with my hair, no weird stuff with the cut or styling. It's really not a before and after type of situation so these are just my after pics. But if you go to my recent posts, you could see it recently before.

I really love a fresh haircut and I think hip length is my comfort zone. I should be good to go until next summer maybe. :)

https://i.imgur.com/EnfvREj.jpg

You have had some awesome growth since I was last here! Glad to see you're still around here. You are always #hairgoals 😍

dansyl
January 3rd, 2020, 08:10 PM
It's beautiful!!!

clandestine
January 3rd, 2020, 08:37 PM
Lovely! Your hair looks so happy!

Kalamazoo
January 3rd, 2020, 09:35 PM
Beautiful!

wo
January 3rd, 2020, 10:28 PM
Thanks everyone! This was a few months ago. It's growing out nicely so far. :)

illicitlizard
January 3rd, 2020, 11:07 PM
Wow your hair is gorgeous! Love the shape and how healthy the ends look. So glad you were able to find a stylist who was a good fit :)

Stray_mind
January 3rd, 2020, 11:19 PM
That's Gorgeous, wo! :crush::crush: :crush: