PDA

View Full Version : 5 months since haircut.

Stardreamer
September 21st, 2019, 09:42 PM
So yesterday, 21st September, I reached 5 months of growing out my hair from my tragic cut on 21 April. I have to reach 6 months and I wanted to put the photos here.

1st pic is April, then May, then June, July, August, September. I'm fairly happy. Still too short but it looks like it's grown. Onwards to 8 months. I'm not cutting until 2020. It got fluffier too.

https://i.postimg.cc/SKwSPr12/1-24th-April-2019-Edited.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/QdFrr7Tp/2-21st-May-2019-Edited.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/k4mr8hhc/3-21st-June-2019-Edited.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/sD2kpWKt/4-22nd-July-2019-Edited.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/QtsPVKHY/5-21st-August-2019-Edited.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/XqYzkMKw/6-21st-September-2019-Edited.jpg

Kalamazoo
September 21st, 2019, 09:59 PM
It DOES look nice! Each month's better than the last.

Stardreamer
September 21st, 2019, 10:02 PM
Wow thanks, I have never gone beyond 6 months of not cutting. I'm giving my wardrobe a makeover so my clothes are getting better yay.
I keep my scissors in a draw. Getting some split and knotted ends but it's fine for now.

Maya Louise
September 21st, 2019, 10:08 PM
You’ve made really good progress. It’s really grown a lot for 5 months and I think just visually it looks like the last month has been your biggest growing month. It also definitely looks really healthy at the ends, so I imagine you’ll have a good next few months growing too. Also, your hair color looks so rich and vibrant !

I’m about the same length as you give or take a couple of inches and it seems like SL to APL takes forever doesn’t it?!

ExpectoPatronum
September 21st, 2019, 10:45 PM
Your hair looks so healthy! I definitely see a difference month to month.

Begemot
September 22nd, 2019, 12:12 AM
Great progress :thumbsup:

Sarahlabyrinth
September 22nd, 2019, 12:51 AM
It's grown a lot, and looks so healthy! Keep growing :D

Stardreamer
September 22nd, 2019, 01:54 AM
You’ve made really good progress. It’s really grown a lot for 5 months and I think just visually it looks like the last month has been your biggest growing month. It also definitely looks really healthy at the ends, so I imagine you’ll have a good next few months growing too. Also, your hair color looks so rich and vibrant !

I’m about the same length as you give or take a couple of inches and it seems like SL to APL takes forever doesn’t it?!

Thank you! :D It does seem to take forever

Your hair looks so healthy! I definitely see a difference month to month.

Great progress :thumbsup:

It's grown a lot, and looks so healthy! Keep growing :D

Thanks for the encouragement :)

lapushka
September 22nd, 2019, 02:46 AM
It DOES look nice! Each month's better than the last.

Totally agree with that! ^^

And, Stardreamer, before you take those scissors to hand again, come and warn us so we can talk to you first!

SleepyTangles
September 22nd, 2019, 03:01 AM
Lovely progress! Plus, your hair looks extra thick and shiny :D

CuteCrow
September 22nd, 2019, 03:10 AM
I love how thick your hair is. Also it has grown a lot and it's super shiny! I'd love to see what your natural texture is :love:

spidermom
September 22nd, 2019, 05:49 AM
I'd love to see your natural curl, too. Very nice progress.

Stardreamer
September 22nd, 2019, 09:45 AM
Totally agree with that! ^^

And, Stardreamer, before you take those scissors to hand again, come and warn us so we can talk to you first!

Lovely progress! Plus, your hair looks extra thick and shiny :D

I love how thick your hair is. Also it has grown a lot and it's super shiny! I'd love to see what your natural texture is :love:

I'd love to see your natural curl, too. Very nice progress.

Thank you all, that's encouraging and I never wear my natural texture, it's just ringletty curls sort of lol. :)

lapushka
September 22nd, 2019, 11:54 AM
Thank you all, that's encouraging and I never wear my natural texture, it's just ringletty curls sort of lol. :)

That's a pity though. I bet it's gorgeous with the curls!

Kalamazoo
September 22nd, 2019, 04:05 PM

You know how much girls with straightish hair pay for perms to get your ringletty curls, while destroying their hair? Sheeeeeeesh!

Stardreamer
September 22nd, 2019, 05:46 PM
That's a pity though. I bet it's gorgeous with the curls!

I think you've seen it, I don't like how the curls shrink so much when they dry :)

You know how much girls with straightish hair pay for perms to get your ringletty curls, while destroying their hair? Sheeeeeeesh!

I'm guessing you might be one of those girls? And yeah but the grass is greener, I want wavy hair lol (dead straight hair would be kind of boring)

ThistleTea
September 22nd, 2019, 07:07 PM
but the grass is greener, I want wavy hair lol (dead straight hair would be kind of boring)

Isn't that always the way? I have always wished for curls, or at least very defined waves. I've realized as I age that my hair DOES have wave but it's so easy to knock out with brushing and styling that I didn't really understand it before my thirties.

I bet your curls are gorgeous and I can see in these pictures that it's trying its best to revert! Those ends want to curl so badly. :grin:

Kalamazoo
September 22nd, 2019, 08:12 PM
For your own reference, I would suggest you take a selfie with your hair all pulled back in a bun or ponytail, so you can clearly see your face's outline, so you can categorize it as round, square, heart-shaped, etc. Then go online and look for pictures of ladies with your face shape & hair type, with their hair in styles that you think make their faces look pretty. Then find out how to arrange your hair that way. Here at LHC, a lot of the hairstyle emphasis seems to be on the rear view, buns & what-not; but if you had a face-framing hairstyle that made you feel good when you looked in the mirror?

Kake
September 22nd, 2019, 11:54 PM
It has grown a lot. I think you're going to have amazing long hair.

Stardreamer
September 23rd, 2019, 01:36 AM
Isn't that always the way? I have always wished for curls, or at least very defined waves. I've realized as I age that my hair DOES have wave but it's so easy to knock out with brushing and styling that I didn't really understand it before my thirties.

I bet your curls are gorgeous and I can see in these pictures that it's trying its best to revert! Those ends want to curl so badly. :grin:

Yeah, I wish my hair had less poof. The ends do want to curl lol

For your own reference, I would suggest you take a selfie with your hair all pulled back in a bun or ponytail, so you can clearly see your face's outline, so you can categorize it as round, square, heart-shaped, etc. Then go online and look for pictures of ladies with your face shape & hair type, with their hair in styles that you think make their faces look pretty. Then find out how to arrange your hair that way. Here at LHC, a lot of the hairstyle emphasis seems to be on the rear view, buns & what-not; but if you had a face-framing hairstyle that made you feel good when you looked in the mirror?

I can't ever have a face-framing hairstyle unless my hair lies really flat (after I've straightened it or if it's oily/wet). I dislike the poof so I don't wear it down in public. But I think braids could work for me, the hairstyles I can do are limited because I don't want poof.

It has grown a lot. I think you're going to have amazing long hair.

Thank you :o