PDA

View Full Version : Almost there!!!

ScrimHazard
November 7th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I can actually see me slowly but surely reaching my goal...it seemed hopeless for a long time, but I am finally happy with my hair. I haven't reached my ideal length by far yet, but I've gotten it healthy and thicker than it was in all my life. I just had to share because I'm so happy and though I mostly lurk, I love these forums and credit you gals and guys for helping me acheive this milestone.

Pardon what looks like bad lighting; it's really just my cheap-o camera. Christmas cannot come soon enough. :)
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d100/ScrimHazard/012.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d100/ScrimHazard/018.jpg

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I would like to thank Trader Joe's for making some incredible SLS free poo and Nature's Gate for their organic conditioner, and everyone here for blessing me with these unassuming, but extremely beneficial tips:
1. Stay away from heat based styling tools
2. EVOO on the ends
3. Comb only when wet
4. Massage scalp

Vitalai
November 8th, 2008, 01:56 AM
Yay! :cheer: That's fantastic! I'm happy that you're happy.

Your hair really does look healthy and thick.

Seraphina
November 8th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Wow,so pretty,and I love the colour.

LutraLutra
November 8th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Your hair looks great, lovely condition and colour. Yey for you!

Arctic
November 8th, 2008, 04:52 AM
Your hair looks so healthy and nice, no wonder you're happy with it! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!

Siava
November 8th, 2008, 04:59 AM
So shiny! It's beautiful. I'm happy for you. :)

Ryanne
November 8th, 2008, 05:01 AM
Great :), and beautiful colour!

tina1025
November 8th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Your hair looks very healthy and thick.....YAY...what is your routine? Is your hair naturally straight?

Elphie
November 8th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Beautiful color and your ends are gorgeous!

Xandergrammy
November 8th, 2008, 08:24 AM
You have really beautiful hair. I look forward to watching it grow. :flowers:

Copasetic
November 8th, 2008, 08:37 AM
your hair looks amazing! very healthy and shiny.
*is jealous*

ScrimHazard
November 8th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks everyone!

My hair is naturally straight which is both a blessing and a curse...I am embracing my lack of wave or curl...finally.

Color is now natural and again, I'm starting to embrace my natural color and not alter it lighter or darker. Not dying my hair has also made it so much stronger. Especially getting away from highlights which made my hair limp.

Routine is very minimal.
I wash my hair 3 - 4 times per week with TJ Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo & condition with Nature's Gate Organics Volumizing Lemongrass & Clary Sage.
1 night a week I EVOO my ends and leave it on for about an hour.
I comb only until dry and only blow dry my hair when I'm going out to a party or am getting my picture taken.
Also, I drink a lot of whole, raw milk which has played a big role in strengthening my hair and nails. :)

Sighridh
November 8th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Looking wonderful, and I'm very happy to see another raw milk enthusiast!

ScrimHazard
November 8th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Rawk milk is a zillion times better than pasteurized!
So, I see you're in King County...do you get yours from Dungeness Valley Creamery? Or...?

krt1013
November 8th, 2008, 08:23 PM
It looks so healthy! Way to go. Sulfate and silicone free saved me, too.

jojo
November 9th, 2008, 02:02 AM
are we ever really happy with our length??LOL! but on a serious note you have hair to be proud of!

Sighridh
November 9th, 2008, 10:23 AM
I was getting my raw milk from a small goat dairy in Duvall, but just found a source for deliveries to Issaquah for raw goat (too hard to get to Duvall) so I'm following up on that. I really need to get my fermented foods etc going again, I feel like it'll improve my hair health more than almost anything else I'm doing.

Amara
November 9th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Wow your hair looks so nice and shiny and silky!

neon-dream
November 9th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Gorgeous condition =)
well done on your goal!!
xxx

paper
November 9th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Congrats on healthy, pretty hair!!! I love your color!

Lara1
November 9th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Congratulations! I love the colour of your hair!