PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo and Conditioner Recommendations

floridaorchid
September 19th, 2019, 08:57 AM
Hello! I'm looking for a new shampoo and conditioner to try! I've used calia naturals before, and I loved them!
But it was a little pricey.
Right now I am using OGX and mane&tail.
Does anyone have anything they are using right now that they really like?

Ylva
September 19th, 2019, 09:04 AM
Natura Siberica Oblepikha Intensive Hydration Shampoo is my all-time favourite. It's a sulfate shampoo but on the gentler side. Leaves my hair very soft.

lapushka
September 19th, 2019, 11:42 AM
If you like sulfate free, check the lines:

HASK
Not your mother's
Shea Moisture
Maui Moisure

Those are the ones I know about.

Dark40
September 19th, 2019, 08:01 PM
What I'm using right now is Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition, and I'm loving it!

You can also check out these lines like:

Hask
Herbal Essence
Pantene Pro-V
Tressamme

These are the ones I know about.

lapushka
September 20th, 2019, 05:57 AM
What I'm using right now is Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition, and I'm loving it!

You can also check out these lines like:

Hask
Herbal Essence
Pantene Pro-V
Tressamme

These are the ones I know about.

Yes but the last 3 have sulfates, and I'm not sure OP is into that. :)

Simsy
September 20th, 2019, 08:59 PM
I’m currently using a trial bottle of Natural World argan oil shampoo and conditioner. 3 weeks and I’m having good results so far.

Dark40
September 20th, 2019, 09:19 PM
Yes but the last 3 have sulfates, and I'm not sure OP is into that. :)

Yes, that's true. All 3 of them do contain sulfates. I'm not sure if OP is into that either. But mainly I referring to was conditioners instead of shampoos. I would recommend sulfate-free shampoos to anyone anytime. :)

Kalamazoo
September 21st, 2019, 04:35 AM
I like Earthly Delight Shampoo by Lāfe's. I've been using it for 20 or 30 years. It's definitely sulfate-free. Their conditioner's ingredient list sounds super-healthy, too; but I haven't actually tried it. (I bought it online. It arrived. I opened the bottle, sniffed it, & decided I was allergic to the fragrance. So there it sits on my bathroom counter! Don't know if I'll ever actually try it.) Earthly Delight's Pomade is also superb! ... which is why I wanted to try the conditioner. ... :pizza:

Siv
September 21st, 2019, 01:51 PM
Are you into sulfates or sulfate-free? Because Calia is soap-based, while OGX uses sulfonate (which is comparable to sulfates IMO) and MnT uses SLS... lol

Anyway,

Sulfates: Garnier Whole Blends, Aussie, The Body Shop (UK-based)
Sulfate-free: Olaplex (pricey!), Weleda (German, so I'm not sure it's on the US market?), Noughty (UK-based..), The Body Shop (UK-based)

I've seen a bunch of natural brands that seem to be based in or around Germany, not sure, but for example Logona. They're not super common on the market up here yet, so I don't know if they'd be available over in the US.

ETA: just remembered that both OGX and Mane n Tail are A LOT pricier over here than in the US... and my recommendations are in the price range of European/Swedish OGX and MnT prices.... Oh well. I guess Garnier and Aussie are decently priced though.