PDA

View Full Version : Mid Thigh by the end of 2020

Jas
September 17th, 2019, 12:00 PM
Thought I'd make a thread for this! Everyone welcome - whether or not its definite that you'll reach it. FTL may be on the way to mid thigh for some of you so do celebrate that too!

My october length shot isn't due yet but I took a pic when my hair was wet and its 2ish inches from FTL! Exciting.

I'm hoping to reach mid thigh by the end of 2020 and I'm very excited (it's the longest it's ever been at the moment so uncharted territory!). Fingers and toes crossed my terminal length isn't before then!

AmaryllisRed
September 17th, 2019, 12:34 PM
I'll join in! I'm in fingertip territory, having reached pinky-tip but not the tip of my longest finger yet. Hopefully I'll get there by the end of this year.

I've no idea how far it is to mid-thigh, but I'm hoping to hit knee by the end of next year, so... I'll be hitting mid-thigh *sometime* in 2020. :)
I'll have to measure classic to knee and see exactly where the midpoint lands.

The-Young-Maid
September 17th, 2019, 12:46 PM
Hello! I might hang out in here. I'll be classic by the end of 2019. I'm short so I don't have very far to go til FTL and that's just about mid thigh on me anyway. So I'm curious to see where I'll be by the end of next year with the no trim 2020 challenge.

I'm not attempting to go farther than FTL, I really just want classic but my hair tends to shrink when dry so I need some extra length. Plus I like blunt ends.

Anyone have measurements for FTL and mid thigh on themselves? I'm 5' and classic is ~40-41"ish. FTL I think is 44-46"? I have it marked on a measuring tape but it's difficult to see on myself.

AmaryllisRed
September 17th, 2019, 01:26 PM
Okay so I'm 5'6, mostly leg.
Classic on me is 41". I'm maybe 2" past that now and probably another inch from full FTL so I'd say FTL is about 44" on me.
From classic to knee is 14", so I'd say mid-thigh is about 48"...

Jas
September 17th, 2019, 03:03 PM
Ooh good question! Classic on me is 41" (maybe a smidge over) and classic to knee is 12 inches. So mid thigh would be 47 inches on me.

Judging by the pic I'm about an inch past classic so.. reckon mid thigh is doable for end of next year.

I'm 5'4".

hayheadsbird
September 17th, 2019, 04:28 PM
For me classic is 100cm, I'm 152cm tall. (About 39.5 inches and 4'11)

leayellena
September 18th, 2019, 06:54 AM
my hair reaches just a bit before class. if I tilt my head back, my hair reaches upper thigh or even mid-thigh so idk. subbed the trhread just to check it out if my hair grows so fast, especially because I don't trim at least until 2022.

AutobotsAttack
September 18th, 2019, 12:13 PM
Just finally reached my goal of Classic!

From my Measurements it’s 39-39.5 inches to Classic on my body. I have very short legs. Classic to Mid Thigh is straight up six inches for. Me. So with diligent care and great length retention all next near I should make it by the end of 2020.

So I’m in!

Dark40
September 18th, 2019, 04:13 PM
I think I'll join in too. I'm at waist length but I think mid thigh length is doable for me. My hair grows fast, and I'm short so FTL or mid thigh length isn't far for me at all.

ravenskey
September 19th, 2019, 04:36 PM
Hmm, I think I'll join here. I'm hoping to be at Classic by the end of 2019 so hopefully MTL is doable for 2020. I'm a smidge over 5ft and Classic is 42". I'm not sure what MTL is on me but it's not too far.

Beatnik Guy
September 21st, 2019, 01:06 PM
Fingers and toes crossed my terminal length isn't before then!

Oh, I think you are not anywhere close to terminal yet, Jas... :)

enting
September 21st, 2019, 06:08 PM
I'm pretty certain I won't reach mid thigh by the end of 2020. Maybe by the end of 2021, given how long it took me to get to classic, but I figure I might as well join the thread in the next to impossible chance that I make it :) .

Jas
September 22nd, 2019, 04:40 AM
I'm so glad I've got lots of company on this thread :D I had no idea so many people here were at around the same goal for next year!

Oh, I think you are not anywhere close to terminal yet, Jas... :)

Haha thank you Chris, I hope not! No way to tell though unfortunately - honestly not sure where I'll end up!

Dark40
September 22nd, 2019, 08:31 PM
I'm so glad I've got lots of company on this thread :D I had no idea so many people here were at around the same goal for next year!

Haha thank you Chris, I hope not! No way to tell though unfortunately - honestly not sure where I'll end up!

Yes, I'm here to keep you company, and is trying to shoot for the same goal next year as you are hoping. I was hoping that with my MBL to WL hair wasn't my terminal length too! But I can see that you're not at your terminal length yet either.

ravenskey
January 26th, 2020, 08:33 AM
Mini-milestone of FTL reached. Picture isn't the best but you can kind of see.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39939&d=1580051297

Zesty
January 28th, 2020, 11:58 AM
ravenskey I don't think I've commented elsewhere, your hair is so beautiful and full and I love the texture too.

Mid thigh is something like 47/47.5" on me I believe and I'm a little past fingertip at 46.5" so I should safely get there. It probably won't look mid thigh all the time until Christmas though. :lol:

AmaryllisRed
May 14th, 2020, 07:58 PM
I forgot about this thread... I should be pretty close to mid-thigh by now. Well, probably past mid-thigh stretched and nearly there unstretched. I'll have to measure when I get a chance.

How's everyone doing?

Dark40
May 14th, 2020, 08:22 PM
Mini-milestone of FTL reached. Picture isn't the best but you can kind of see.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39939&d=1580051297

Wow, ravenskey! I don't think I've commented on your hair anywhere else either. Your hair is simply gorgeous! I also love the texture as well. Congratulations on your mini-milestone to FTL! :)

Elodea
May 15th, 2020, 08:05 AM
Hello! I might hang out in here. I'll be classic by the end of 2019. I'm short so I don't have very far to go til FTL and that's just about mid thigh on me anyway. So I'm curious to see where I'll be by the end of next year with the no trim 2020 challenge.

I'm not attempting to go farther than FTL, I really just want classic but my hair tends to shrink when dry so I need some extra length. Plus I like blunt ends.

Anyone have measurements for FTL and mid thigh on themselves? I'm 5' and classic is ~40-41"ish. FTL I think is 44-46"? I have it marked on a measuring tape but it's difficult to see on myself.
I think my measurements are really similar to yours; we're the same height, classic is around 41" on me, then FTL is about 4 inches below that, so around 45"

I forgot about this thread... I should be pretty close to mid-thigh by now. Well, probably past mid-thigh stretched and nearly there unstretched. I'll have to measure when I get a chance.

How's everyone doing?

I only just saw this thread, but I suppose it applies to me. FTL should happen sometime later in the summer, so by the end of the year, mid-thigh seems reasonable. Since I'm short, FTL and mid-thigh are pretty similar -- I see mid-thigh as sort of a range that FTL happens to fall under or at least be the start of.

winterlanttern
May 21st, 2020, 05:55 AM
Hi there, I want to join in, too. My hair is 125cm long (almost 50inches) and I need approx 5cm more for ftl and maybe 8cm for mid thigh length. I'm tall, so everything is a long journey for me XD Let's see what the year brings

Linden
May 21st, 2020, 02:36 PM
Fingertip and mid-thigh length are exactly the same on me. I'm 5'4" and my hair comes down to the tip of my thumb, so just a few more inches to mid-thigh/fingertip

Elodea
May 21st, 2020, 04:02 PM
Fingertip and mid-thigh length are exactly the same on me. I'm 5'4" and my hair comes down to the tip of my thumb, so just a few more inches to mid-thigh/fingertip

My hair is about thumb-tip length now too, so just a couple more inches to go until FTL!

Jas
May 23rd, 2020, 03:00 AM
I completely forgot about this thread! I've had a ton going on since January and have just completely forgotten about my hair, haven't really looked after it as much as I usually do either but I do want to get back into good habits :/

I definitely know I'm sitting on it a heck of a lot more.. I'll have my 3 monthly length shot end of June/beginning of July so it'll be interesting to see what progress I've made then. I'll also measure to see how far away from MTL I am - I haven't measured in ages either...

Ravenskey, your hair is absolutely gorgeous!

I can't believe we're almost halfway through the year already. That's crazy... I reckon we should all take stock and see how far we are away around the mid year mark from mid thigh :)

My friend asked me if sitting on it is getting annoying and I can honestly say it isn't - most of the time I pull it out of the way without particularly thinking about it and when I do sit on it there is still that novelty to me of ooh it's long enough to sit on. What do you guys think, do you find it annoying or not really?

enting
May 25th, 2020, 09:38 PM
I really don't think I'll make it by the end of 2020 but I'll join the thread anyway just in case. I'm about finger's width past classic at the moment. I'm about 5'6" with longer limbs.