PDA

View Full Version : I got a compliment!

CurlyOne
November 7th, 2008, 08:39 PM
"I can live for a month or two on a good complement"- Mark Twain :writer:

:cheese: It is so true! I am walking on air! I have been having a bit of bad hair week but today was better so I left my hair down. As I was walking into my class the girl I sit next to said, "I love your hair when it is down, it's so pretty!":D

Anyone else had a good complement lately?

Mishka_84
November 7th, 2008, 09:13 PM
I've gotten one on the Woven bun. :D So sweet, it was from a friend's little girl, 6 years old. She has tried to get me to put her hair up in it every time I come over now.

Seraphina
November 8th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Someone said I looked like I was mermaid when I was swimming at the beach-that was probably the nicest compliment I've recieved :D

AprilElf
November 8th, 2008, 02:41 AM
What a sweet compliment CurlyOne! It sounds like it was a very sincere one. :)

mahoganyhorizon
November 8th, 2008, 01:17 PM
That is so awesome curly one :)

Copasetic
November 8th, 2008, 01:20 PM
i love that quote, its so true!
i asked my friend to help me pin up my hair a couple of days ago, and she said "oooo its so soft!"

i really appreciated it :)

Arielle8960
November 8th, 2008, 02:05 PM
What a nice compliment! It's so nice when people appreciate long, loose hair. And it was great that you were also having a "good hair day"!

Vitalai
November 8th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Hee, that compliment really is true! All of you have gotten really sweet comments! :)

I received a compliment last week from my piano teacher. She said, "Did you do something with your hair? It looks really pretty!" My hair was down in braid waves, and my hair is hardly ever down and loose when I go outside. My friend a couple of weeks back said that she loved my hair, and it was up in a ponytail with bun waves. While these compliments made my day, it seems like I don't ever get compliments when my hair is straight, which is my natural hairtype. :(

paper
November 9th, 2008, 01:23 PM
awww, what a great compliment! :crush:

Amara
November 9th, 2008, 01:30 PM
I have been sadly lacking in the compliment area for a while now. I think I've gotten like 2 compliments in real life, ever.

So the other night when my hair was feeling super soft I took matters into my own hands. I went over to DH and said "feel my hair, isn't it soft?" And he obligingly (and sincerely :D) said "oooh, yes, extra soft!"

Compliment shortage fixed. :)

Curlsgirl
November 9th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Yeah yesterday I met an online friend in real life! She said, "Ooooooooooo, your hair IS pretty like they said"! (my other online friends who had already met me)

nmarie33
November 10th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I got a compliment from my boyfriend yesterday.

Me: Does my hair look greasy? I've been putting a lot of oil in it.
Him: No, it looks really long. And curly.
Me: Wow, thanks!
Him: It looks really healthy! It's way less frizzy than it used to be.
Me: :D:D:heart::heart:

joyfulmom4
November 10th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Just a minute ago, someone said, "I just have to tell you, you have really gorgeous hair." :D That made me feel really good b/c I am wearing it down and felt like it was a little frizzy today.

Mugili
November 10th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Such nice compliments you all get.
I hope, sometimes i would here something similar.

logica_divina
November 10th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Great compliment, CurlyOne! :)
I get 'em every now or then. Not that often though.

redtea
November 10th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Last week I was at the dentist and I had my hair in a bun. As the dentist was putting the chair back, I was trying to loosen my bun so I could rest my head comfortably and the dentist said "you have really pretty hair" !!

I NEVER get hair compliments from strangers. My bf keeps telling me how good my hair is looking lately (thanks LHC!) so I guess it's paying off :)

longhairedfairy
November 10th, 2008, 02:49 PM
*snip*
It is so true! I am walking on air! I have been having a bit of bad hair week but today was better so I left my hair down. As I was walking into my class the girl I sit next to said, "I love your hair when it is down, it's so pretty!":D
*snip*

I misread that as "walking on hair," lol!

Jean_Grey
November 10th, 2008, 06:56 PM
"Your hair looks so shiny and vibrant -- the color is like the autumn trees!"

A comment on my freshly hennaed hair this weekend.