PDA

View Full Version : List your hair goals for 2020!

Pages : [1] 2

Sarahlabyrinth
September 8th, 2019, 03:28 AM
So, we are fast approaching 2020 (hard to believe it, 2000 doesn't seem that long ago - spent New Year's Eve that year at home watching the rain outside and thinking of all the partygoers outside waiting for the fireworks getting soaked, and wondering if all the computers would crash because of the Y2K bug...:p)

-anyway, so what are your hair goals for 2020?

I hope to continue growing to ankle and then to begin maintaining there to thicken my hemline if possible, all the while of course continuing to grow out my silvers...I really love them so much!

lapushka
September 8th, 2019, 03:40 AM
I will be maintaining my classic length the best way possible. That's it. And I will keep focusing on healthy strands. Like I usually do. And will keep on working on my stash.

TatsuOni
September 8th, 2019, 03:54 AM
- Grow and get at least close to knee.
- S&D on a regular basis.
- Learn new updos.
- Variate my updos.

Vacurlylady
September 8th, 2019, 04:00 AM
Ha! I do not remember what I did on New Years Eve 2000. I should, but I don’t.... must not have been anything exciting... my goals are to continue working on length and loving my hair... and I can’t believe it’s almost 2020!

pisinoe
September 8th, 2019, 05:44 AM
- Reach close to TBL length by the end of the year if possible.
- Maintain healthy and soft hair.
- Achieve silkiness if possible?

And most especially: don’t get bored in the process...

Stray_mind
September 8th, 2019, 06:34 AM
Get rid of the dye;
Get to MBL at least.

That's it. :lol:

pixitolong
September 8th, 2019, 06:47 AM
So, we are fast approaching 2020 (hard to believe it, 2000 doesn't seem that long ago - spent New Year's Eve that year at home watching the rain outside and thinking of all the partygoers outside waiting for the fireworks getting soaked, and wondering if all the computers would crash because of the Y2K bug...:p)

I hope to continue growing to ankle and then to begin maintaining there to thicken my hemline if possible, all the while of course continuing to grow out my silvers...I really love them so much!

Haha yes I remember the Y2K bug scare. I was actually very worried and in our news there were lots of reports that everything would crash and stop working.

Wow, 2020, it's scary to think its so close.

Hair wishes by the end of 2020:
-shoulder length or beyond (depending how fast my hair grows)
-nice hemline (straight across)
-get rid of black dye
-back to my brown hair colour (mid/chocolate brown)

MusicalSpoons
September 8th, 2019, 08:21 AM
Ahhh the Millennium bug - I never understood why they thought the computers would forget that 2 comes after 1 :shrug:

I don't know yet, I'll have to think and come back, probably see how things are at the end of this year first ;)

jane_marie
September 8th, 2019, 08:48 AM
Haha 202 was a great New Year's. I flipped the power on our house at exactly 12:00 am as a prank. My mom was too on the ball for it though... moments later I heard her yell "Jane, very funny, turn the power back on".

I'm tempted to say my goal for 2020 is to reach WL but I'm at 22" right, my hair grew an inch last month and WL for me is only 26" (Clearly, I'm not a tall human). I'll have to see how things go and check in with a couple goals a bit closer to the new year.

GrowingGlory
September 8th, 2019, 09:25 AM
My hair goals for 2020 are: to have my hair cut into a maintenance free style, to minimize damage, and to cultivate healthy hair.

cjk
September 8th, 2019, 09:42 AM
I'm looking forward to my braid getting longer and going down my back.

I'm hooked, a waist length braid would just be so cool.

Jas
September 8th, 2019, 09:50 AM
Haha I was 7 in Y2k, I remember the whole street having parties and the excitement though.

Hair Goals 2020
- Virgin hair at least APL (Perhaps BSL but won't bet on that)
- Hair mid thigh length (with blunt cut would be lovely but eh, expecting it to start looking fairy-tail at the ends at this length
- Trim once in the year
- Keep it bunned - and vary my style a little, maybe different bun or style once per week is achievable

This might be revised in January depending on how my hair looks then - still have my October and January quarterly length shots to go, but that's the plan

Panthera
September 8th, 2019, 09:57 AM
I will hopefully reach my goal length and I'll start microtrimming my hair and finally getting rid of the bleach I've been growing out since shoulder length. :joy:

Dark40
September 8th, 2019, 11:20 AM
I will continue to grow my hair to classic length at the end of the year, and maintain healthy hair.

Zesty
September 8th, 2019, 11:43 AM
Reading these, it's funny, I don't know if I can say I have any real goals anymore.

I guess my wishlist is:
- thicken up ends as I maintain between classic and FTL (not counting on it)
- grow out some breakage (not super hopeful, I've had breakage around my face forever and I can't tolerate being any more careful!)

Basically I'm content with my hair. Finally! I just want to keep taking good care of it while still having fun. :)

lapushka
September 8th, 2019, 11:44 AM
Basically I'm content with my hair. Finally! I just want to keep taking good care of it while still having fun. :)

I know just what you mean! :flower:

Zesty
September 8th, 2019, 11:48 AM
I know just what you mean! :flower:

:hifive: I'm not sure I ever thought I'd just straight up be happy with my hair, it's lovely.

CuteCrow
September 8th, 2019, 12:11 PM
This is my first time thinbking about goals for my hair. I'd say my goals are:
- Reach Shoulder lenght
- Not trimming
- Start doing S&D when necessary
- Trying some hair mask and treatments
- Maybe learning some go-to hairstyles?

Ligeia Noire
September 8th, 2019, 12:16 PM
Dare I say reach floor? Maybe? Another two years perhaps, who knows, it would be cool though.

AmaryllisRed
September 8th, 2019, 12:24 PM
Knee length in 2020!

I was a senior in high school for Y2K. A good friend of mine was really afraid the world was going to implode or something so he hosted a NYE party at his house. We drank sparkling grape juice and had a blast... and nothing bad happened! Yay! Good memories.

Simpscone
September 8th, 2019, 12:36 PM
I was 6 going into 2000 so all I remember is being at my nan’s house since my parents were at an event and being woken up at midnight to see the fireworks with my sister! It’s a super blurry memory though.

Anyway! :lol: My hair goals for 2020 are:
- Be well past BSL (26” on me, currently at 24”) and almost at waist. I think I could get pretty close, waist on me is 30” so this time next year I would be there if I didn’t trim. However I am planning on trimming at the end of 2019 so who knows how much that will put me back! Especially as I’m planning on keeping my dyed hair for a while, and I trust my hairdresser to just take what is needed to keep a blunt hemline
- Upkeep my orange hair without using harsh chemicals on the ends
- Wear my hair natural for 99% of the year
- Learn some new updos as my hair gets longer!
- Trim once a year

Ylva
September 8th, 2019, 12:43 PM
1) Reach classic length by the end of the year, or land somewhere close at least.

2) Solid TBL in the summer, even after trimming.

2.5) Mini goal: have TBL hair at the first proper medieval faire of the summer.

3) Do the half-year no-trimming challenges.

4) I keep saying this, but learn some new hairstyles. I probably won't, though. :doh: Okay, let's set the goal at one hairstyle per no-trimming challenge. So TWO hairstyles in 2020. That shouldn't be too much to ask of myself, right?

5) Continue to lead a very healthy life, perhaps make some further improvements to it. I should try and pick up some sports hobby.

6) Make a conscious effort to try and improve my sleeping habits (starting already now in late 2019!).

7) Accept that I am losing hair now because of stress- and trauma-induced telogen effluvium, and not let it disturb my growth and length goals even if it causes my hair to thin out. However, should I see fit, I should just go for a trim, as long as it's not a rash decision. Erasing this goal because everything went well regarding it and the TE already stopped around New Year.

7) Abstain from any and all chemical treatments. I am not a high-risk person when it comes to such activities right now, but I don't think I am forever opposed to getting highlights. However, I'd rather just have virgin hair, and I want to see how a large amount of virgin hair looks. Maybe I'll get nice natural highlights and no longer even desire artificial ones.

8cooldude) Keep tracking my product usage through the use-it-up challenge.

9) Do my first maintenance trim at the end of the year.

10) Don't buy any haircare "consumables". That means shampoos, conditioners, leave-ins, oils and such.

Estrid
September 8th, 2019, 12:50 PM
I think that reaching hip length might be realistic for me ... if I don't trim. I've been considering only S&D-ing for a while so why not make that the goal for 2020?

I would also like to get used to wearing my hair up at least 5/7 days a week, I wear braids far too often.

guska
September 8th, 2019, 12:51 PM
Wear my hair up more, since it's going to get longer and I'll be able to do my no-tie, no-pin bun :) And let all the regrowth grow out, I don't know if it's possible because it just keeps coming more and more.

Nox_Inber
September 8th, 2019, 01:08 PM
Hmm, I haven't thought about it before now! I really had to nit-pick to come up with a list honestly. I guess that's a good thing though, I've made a lot of progress since joining :)

-Get to waist length
-Learn some updos
-Buy first hair toy after I learn updos :D
-Maintain good nutrition for optimal growth
-Deal with hair clumping/sticking to itself if I haven't already resolved it by the end of 2019

lapushka
September 8th, 2019, 01:23 PM
:hifive: I'm not sure I ever thought I'd just straight up be happy with my hair, it's lovely.

I know it is such an awesome feeling to be settled on something and maintain it. I thought I wanted to grow to knee, then at FTL it got increasingly difficult (on several levels) for me, and so I cut back but not too much - best decision ever.

elise.autumn
September 8th, 2019, 03:59 PM
What a fun post. This is my first year thinking of hair goals.

I was 4 at Y2K and work in tech now so I vaguely understand the problems (I believe programs counted years based on '98, '99, and then had to be reformatted to consider the thousands spot), but it entertains me to think of the chaos it caused.

2020 hair goals:

- Reach fingertip
- Wear protective styles 80% of the time
- Find a protective soccer style
- S&D at least once a week
- Do not buy hair toys unless they are beautiful, practical, and cohesive with my small hair toy collection

Groovy Granny
September 8th, 2019, 05:45 PM
Back in 2000 I was a young 48 year old :p
Hopefully the next 20 years don't fly by as fast as these 20 did because I may not make it through all 20 realistically :lol:

I am pretty happy with my hair NOW and have no goals except to maintain my good hair care habits :flower:

gorgi.d
September 8th, 2019, 06:05 PM
2020 Hair Goals:
I just joined not too long ago and I've already learned so much!
I would like to nail down a care routine. I will be adding a monthly sulphate wash and replacing all my pillowcases with silky ones. I am going to toss all of my hair ties and replace them with some hairtoys. I want to learn lots of new updos with these hair toys and master it! And of course, keep growing and see how long she can get in 2020!

qvbit
September 8th, 2019, 06:33 PM
I'm currently just below collar bone length. I have a history of treating my hair badly (dyeing, bleaching etc.) and I've only just started really caring for it and switching to natural hair care in the last year or so. By the end of this year I'm hoping it'll reach APL. My goal is to maintain it, try and resist from colouring it in any way, and to grow it to BSL hopefully by the end of next year! I want to avoid trimming in that time and then it'd be an awesome bonus if I'm able to trim it to a nice blunt hemline once it's a bit past BSL. Fingers crossed.

MoonRabbit
September 8th, 2019, 07:16 PM
I want to trim all the old damage out. I think it would be nice to have virgin hair again.

cjk
September 9th, 2019, 05:53 AM
What a fun post. This is my first year thinking of hair goals.

I was 4 at Y2K and work in tech now so I vaguely understand the problems (I believe programs counted years based on '98, '99, and then had to be reformatted to consider the thousands spot), but it entertains me to think of the chaos it caused.

Exactly correct. Back in the early days memory wasn't just expensive, it was ridiculously limited and insanely expensive. And if you were writing code in the 1970s, Y2K was DECADES off. Saving those 2-digits on each date was a big deal because, let's say the phone company, had millions of entries.

While Dilbert understood the issue, Pointy-haired boss didn't care. And couldn't understand the concept of legacy code because, let's face it, back then there WAS no legacy code.

Fun times.

elise.autumn
September 9th, 2019, 06:39 AM
Exactly correct. Back in the early days memory wasn't just expensive, it was ridiculously limited and insanely expensive. And if you were writing code in the 1970s, Y2K was DECADES off. Saving those 2-digits on each date was a big deal because, let's say the phone company, had millions of entries.

While Dilbert understood the issue, Pointy-haired boss didn't care. And couldn't understand the concept of legacy code because, let's face it, back then there WAS no legacy code.

Fun times.

Ahh I never thought about memory itself being expensive! I always figured it was just shorthand and convenience that made them abbreviate to the last two digits. Things like this remind me that I grew up at the start of basically limitless tech that is unique in history. A bit scary. "With great power comes great responsibility" and all that.

yulia396
September 9th, 2019, 06:45 AM
- reaching TBL by February, hopefully
- better diet for hair growth (and health)
- weekly hot oil treatments through winter
- more CO-washes
- microtrims every 2-3months
- wearing hair up more
- more hair toys
- wearing it down for graduation with it actually looking good.

MusicalSpoons
September 9th, 2019, 07:08 AM

Fun times.

Ohhhhhhh I see! As an adult that makes perfect sense! :D but 11yo me didn't have a clue. I mean, we only just owned a TV in 2000 - after the bug scare, of course - so computers were way beyond me. (Our ICT lessons were one hour once a week on Acorn computers so yeah, wayyyy over my head :grin:)

hannabiss
September 9th, 2019, 07:26 AM
My 2020 hair goals

-Trim 1/2 inch on New Years.
-Put into dutch braid for sleeping and morning
- benign neglect

APL was a bit too ambitious of a goal for me this year so I'm hoping to be well past it by the end of 2020 maybe even BLS! Mwahaha.
Go big or go home right?

Bess3714
September 9th, 2019, 08:05 AM
- Measure my hair regularly so I can get an average monthly growth
- Try some different oils
- Expand my hairtoy collection
- Go sulphate free
- Get a silk pillow case

I suspect going sulphate free won't be good for me, but I still want to try, to see what happens.
I was also thinking about getting a silk sleep bonnet instead of a pillowcase. I move around a lot in my sleep, and sometimes I don't even wake up with my head on my pillow.
I want to get a Ficcare, forks, Flexis, and I'm dying for something from MapleBurl's Etsy shop. I'm waiting for Christmas, though.
LHC hasn't been good for my wallet, but it's been excellent for my hair!

barnet_fair
September 9th, 2019, 09:57 AM
Learn some protective hairstyles that make me happy! No more undoing my bun minutes before I leave the house because I think it's unflattering.
Learn how to tie a turban.
Get to waist length, keep it healthy, and keep growing!

H o n є y ❤
September 9th, 2019, 10:49 AM
Updated:

1.) Stay on top of thorough trims (I've learned that it's probably best to straighten my hair when getting trims. Dead end are more difficult to see on curly and even blown out hair).

2.) Keep hair even. Stop allowing them to become layered.

3.) Deep condition more often. Go to the salon for DCs & protein treatments as well.

4.) Wear more protective styles.

5.) Reach APL with healthy hair.

6.) Learn to make blow out last at least 2-3 weeks.

7.) Visit the salon relatively regularly for treatments & check ups.

BerrySara
September 9th, 2019, 10:59 AM
Hair Goals for 2020:
- Reach WL Stretched (my first big goal milestone!)
- Reach BSL Unstretched (If only this would really happen) by end of the 2020 year
- Continue exploring and learning within the world of herbal haircare

Begemot
September 9th, 2019, 11:05 AM
My main goal is to grow as much as possible while trimming twice a year. I know I will reach BSL and MBL next year but exactly when during next year, that's still a mystery. I think I'll make a more concrete length goal in December. Or I will commit to no length checking... that could be good for me.

Elodea
September 9th, 2019, 11:30 AM
- accumulate more hair toys (a moon? I still don't have any fun acrylic sticks either)
- by early 2020, I think I should be at classic length, my current goal. So in 2020, I will decide on whether I want to maintain classic length, let it grow even longer, or cut it back to waist or hip, then go with what I choose.
- maybe learn/try some new hairstyles
- For now, I'm thinking no (or at least minimal) trims, maybe start S&D sometime (by?) next year
- I hope that I'll have found a good haircare routine by 2020; it's something I'm currently in the process of trying to see what works best.

bparnell75
September 9th, 2019, 11:37 AM
Decide if I want to maintain at Classic or grow until unmanageable. ?????? I really like the bigger buns from this length.

unheardletters
September 9th, 2019, 12:18 PM
My goals
Reach APL stretched in January.
Reach APL unstretched by the end of the year.
Practice braiding my hair.
Continue to resist hair dye, cutting, and pulling
Wear my hair up more often.
Improve nutrition.
Avoid using hair ties.

gin
September 9th, 2019, 12:40 PM
My 2020 goals (right now, subject to change at any point!):
- Master the art of benign neglect where I can take care of and treat my hair well and at the same time, not care or think about it much!
- Reach a maintaining length (I'm not 100% sure what my goal length is - I think it's somewhere around TBL? I'll know it when I get there!) so I can start trimming regularly
- Minimize my hair stuff - I'm going to undoubtedly collect more hair stuff by the end of this year while I figure out what my hair likes and needs. Hopefully I'll have it figured out by then so I can start getting rid of the stuff my hair doesn't need, whether it be hair toys or hair products.
- Get better at braiding!

Natalia_A00
September 9th, 2019, 01:58 PM
I want to reach tailbone length (a totally achievable goal, I'm almost there). Also I want to learn to do updos, buns, beautiful hairstyles etc. I want a different haircut, like layers or bangs, but I haven't made up my mind yet. Finally I want to keep my hair healthy and shiny and learn more about haircare and different routines and products

Aroha
September 9th, 2019, 05:08 PM
I want to continue to stay away from hair ties, see the damage recover/grow out, and experiment with more different hair styles and ornaments.

S&S
September 9th, 2019, 05:56 PM
To reach CL by the end of the year!

Groovy Granny
September 9th, 2019, 09:34 PM
wrong thread

astrid92
September 9th, 2019, 09:41 PM
-Try to get as close to classic as I can
-Avoid trimming my hair a lot
-Use up the products I have before buying new ones

Liz_H
September 10th, 2019, 12:15 AM
1) Get my layers grown out to make buns easier. I'm about 4" past waist right now, and will trim shortly. I'm waiting to see how my hair has grown in the year since first length pic.
2) Get my henna to the color I want. I've only done glosses so far.
3) Learn some more updos. At least one every quarter. I'm bad about practicing.

Liz_H
September 10th, 2019, 12:27 AM
I worked at an insurance company in the 1980's. We had some horrible legacy code then. And one programmer who was writing
Code every bit as bad and convoluted as the 25 year old stuff. Other than a few obnoxious coworkers I loved that job.

Fun times.

YvetteVarie
September 10th, 2019, 01:20 AM
I hope to continue growing out to MBL/Waist length. And not relax at all next year as I am transitioning back to natural hair. Very few goals since I will have a lot on my plate with a 3 year old and 1 year old next year

leayellena
September 10th, 2019, 07:46 AM
- no trim 2020-2021
- less cones, more coconut oil instead and other oils too
- keeping up the oiling every day because my hair loves it
- continuing the ABC hairstyle challenge in summer (stuck with the braided bun this winter) to document which hairstyles can be flattened to tuck into a beanie
- buying and using hair toys like sticks and forks in summer
- invent a cinnabun or braided cinna that lays flat with spin pins as there's a lot of length to wrap around now or let's hope it will lay flat with a metal fork

cjk
September 10th, 2019, 07:51 AM
I just want the front of my hair to finally reach the back. Darned short strands!

kph12
September 10th, 2019, 08:44 AM
I can't believe it's already time to start thinking about 2020. This year has flow by.

My goals for 2020 are:

1. Continue reducing the amount of silicones I use.
- I've drastically reduced the amounts I use in 2019 but I still give in to temptation when I heat style my hair.

2. Wear my hair curly most days.
-I've been actually wearing it curly a lot this year but I get lazy in the mornings so sometimes I just put it up and forget about it.

3. Keep growing to waist length! I'm currently just a smidge above BSL when my hair is curly (well past when straight but I'll wait to call it). It would be amazing if I could get to waist by next December. I haven't had a hair cut since November 2018 so I'm due for one but I'm thinking I'll use this opportunity to try and learn how to trim my own hair!

4. Add new oils to my routine. I've really only used coconut, castor, argan, and olive oil. I want to experiment with new kinds!

5. Dramatically reduce heat styling. I used to heat style my hair 2-3 times a week. In 2017 I cut it down to 1-2 times a week then this year I cut it down again to <1x per week (once every other week or so). I'd like to get to a point where I only heat style for special occasions (like weddings, birthdays, etc.)

I'm looking forward to the new year!!

Xan
September 14th, 2019, 04:37 AM
I'd say floor would be amazing , goals but I'm jumping the gun a bit I'm 3" from classic that's the first mini goal but yea I dream of floor length how cool would that be. Your hair looks amazing so thick and long wow. I'd say you will be there within a year or so.

Simsy
September 14th, 2019, 05:30 AM
I find myself with a decision to make. If I don’t trim at the new year; I’m only 6~ inches from knee, which would be kinda awesome. If I do trim, I’ll probably knock back to classic+; which will be 6~ inches lost. It’s probably going to come down to how lazy/overworked I’m feeling over Xmas.

My ends aren’t in great shape; but they aren’t as bad as they were. The new shampoo and conditioner seems to have done good things after one wash; I’ll see what happens after the second wash. Benign neglect is working for me thus far; and will probably stay the system of choice for next year as well. Decisions, decisions...

Sarahlabyrinth
September 14th, 2019, 08:24 AM
I'd say floor would be amazing , goals but I'm jumping the gun a bit I'm 3" from classic that's the first mini goal but yea I dream of floor length how cool would that be. Your hair looks amazing so thick and long wow. I'd say you will be there within a year or so.

Thanks - I hope to reach ankle within a year :)

macyann
September 14th, 2019, 10:46 AM
Probably somewhere around bra strap length? And keeping up my careful hair care routine :) I wanna get one trim in the beginning of the year though. I'm trying to even out some bangs I had a long time ago

Asrai
September 14th, 2019, 12:03 PM
1. Aiming for collarbone length by the end of 2020, but mostly just excited to be a regular shortie instead of a super shortie. ^^
2. Getting enough length to play with my curls & find a routine that makes them happy without being exhausting.
3. No bleach or oxidative dyes on the majority of my hair. I'll still upkeep my bleached streak in my fringe area & I can do deposit only dyes like Punky Color or henna glosses, but I really would like to grow out the bulk of my length unlightened to keep it happy & healthy & protect my curls. Even better yet, if I can leave it totally virgin, it'd be really cool to see what more than a few inches of my natural colour looks like!

jansmith
September 14th, 2019, 02:04 PM
keep growing

ManeGoal
September 14th, 2019, 03:11 PM
Get beyond this dreadful land of chin to shoulder! And stay dye free, completing a full year no dye! WHooHoo! 2020 here I come!

colormehappy
September 14th, 2019, 04:17 PM
Main Goals:
1. Reach BSL by December
2. Microtrim no more than 0.25” every two months
3. Reduce shedding (and increase volume?!) through better nutrition

Eh, Maybe Goals:
4. Sleep in protective updo each night
5. Wear in protective style at work
6. Oil ends nightly

jane_marie
September 14th, 2019, 04:29 PM
After much thought, I have made a promise to myself to not to have any length related goals for 2020. I'm sure I will reach WL sometime in there and that's good enough for me.

I have made the goal of practicing one new hairstyle for each month of 2020. That goal should be easy thanks to the Hairstyle of the month thread.

There are a couple of things I would like to try to do... not goals just things that would help my life in general and therefore, my hair:

1. Watch what I put into my body (less junk and more nutrient rich foods)
2. Be a bit more active
3. Try to get better sleep.

Really though, other than the learning a new hairstyle monthly thing I really don't have any goals to speak of for 2020. :)

ExpectoPatronum
September 14th, 2019, 09:48 PM
I'd really like to hit waist length in 2020. As long as I avoid trimming, it will happen. On that note, I'd also like to not trim my hair at all in 2020. I want to maintain the good hair care habits I've cultivated, wear my hair up nearly daily, and learn to enjoy the current length it's at.

Aroha
September 15th, 2019, 12:00 AM
Jane Marie, I love your goal of learning a new hairstyle each month. Maybe I will steal that one to add to my list too.

gothicshollow
September 15th, 2019, 02:54 AM
Here are my goals for next year:
1. Keep growing but trim regularly
2. Keep it black!
3. Gain some volume after the extensive hair loss that I had this summer :(

Ophidian
September 16th, 2019, 08:39 PM
1) My routine is working great so I plan to stick with it
2) I think I’ll go another year without trims
3) Full classic might be a stretch, but I’d like to get all of my layers to solid tailbone with racers creeping up on classic by the end of 2020

Ju
September 16th, 2019, 09:36 PM
I've spent almost three years working on the condition and thickness of my hair after almost ten years of damage. I'm almost at APL and I'm so happy with the state of my hair, and how its almost all the same length (been such a long time coming!)

2020 I want to just GROW. Maybe a micro trim at some point at the hemline if it isn't faring well but I'm gunning for BSL!

Also I've just about beat trichotillomania and I plan to keep it that way. Have so many baby hairs that are coming through that I hope will thicken up my hair. No more messing my hair up due to my mental health problems, no matter what.

Begemot
September 17th, 2019, 02:25 AM
I've spent almost three years working on the condition and thickness of my hair after almost ten years of damage. I'm almost at APL and I'm so happy with the state of my hair, and how its almost all the same length (been such a long time coming!)

2020 I want to just GROW. Maybe a micro trim at some point at the hemline if it isn't faring well but I'm gunning for BSL!

Also I've just about beat trichotillomania and I plan to keep it that way. Have so many baby hairs that are coming through that I hope will thicken up my hair. No more messing my hair up due to my mental health problems, no matter what.

That's great that you are now happy with the condition of your hair and you beat trich! Happy growing to you :thumbsup: :blossom:

Dark40
September 17th, 2019, 03:26 PM
My goals for 2020 is to continue to have healthy hair, and to reach classic length.

postpixie88
September 17th, 2019, 06:10 PM
My goal is to grow, grow, grow! My shoulder length hair is SO close to APL which I hope to hit by the end of 2019, and then I'll be on my way to BSL in 2020! I hope that length will allow more hairstyles to work for me. I'm planning to trim once during 2020 and then S&D. My wedding is May 2020 so I'm hoping for some length by then!

Wravyn
September 17th, 2019, 07:56 PM
Aside from continuing to grow my hair out, I hadn’t thought much about setting goals for the new year. . . I really had to think about this one lol

- Trim only once
- I’d love to reach BSL by the end of 2020, but I don’t know how realistic that is (currently approaching APL)
- Keep my ends and scalp healthy

cjk
September 18th, 2019, 05:09 AM
https://www.gif-vif.com/You-misunderstood?fbclid=IwAR12ZNTPlVVQn9tdckigUZ4XzPc GTPFW3ZN9Ke4smRJtqd-TggEb3e77AFw

spidermom
September 18th, 2019, 05:44 AM
Let it grow let it grow let it grow! (also let it snow this winter)

LongHairCalif
September 18th, 2019, 05:49 AM
I hope to reach knee length sometime in 2020, but I am a few inches there from now.

ElanorWavy
September 18th, 2019, 06:01 AM
- Sleep with satin sleeping cap
- Keep hair healthy and moisturized with regular oiling and masks.
- Let it grow, but I'm not going to focus on how much.

ThistleTea
September 18th, 2019, 10:18 AM
My goals:

-keep up a no-poo washing routine. Probably baking soda/vinegar with some kind of oiling
-reach waist length

Those are my only hard and fast goals for the year, I think. I think that waist length is doable in that timeframe and since that's also my length goal it will mean trying very hard not to trim too much, though my ends are somewhat damaged now so we'll see if I can do it!

Ylva
September 18th, 2019, 12:44 PM
My goals:

-keep up a no-poo washing routine. Probably baking soda/vinegar with some kind of oiling
-reach waist length

Those are my only hard and fast goals for the year, I think. I think that waist length is doable in that timeframe and since that's also my length goal it will mean trying very hard not to trim too much, though my ends are somewhat damaged now so we'll see if I can do it!

I hope you know that baking soda has an extremely high pH that will likely damage your hair (and skin).

If you do and want to proceed with it, ignore this message.

The-Young-Maid
September 18th, 2019, 01:22 PM
In 2020 I'd like to:

Not cut at all (No trim 2020)
Benign neglect
Braids for work
Reach FTL

ThistleTea
September 18th, 2019, 01:31 PM
I hope you know that baking soda has an extremely high pH that will likely damage your hair (and skin).

If you do and want to proceed with it, ignore this message.

I used to do BS/V washes as my sole method of cleansing my hair and never had any damage. The dilutions used in this method (2 tbsp or less of bs to 2 cups of water and same for the vingegar solution) are safe and gentle and the vinegar restores the pH of the hair once the bs solution is completely rinsed out.

The-Young-Maid
September 18th, 2019, 02:36 PM
I used to do BS/V washes as my sole method of cleansing my hair and never had any damage. The dilutions used in this method (2 tbsp or less of bs to 2 cups of water and same for the vingegar solution) are safe and gentle and the vinegar restores the pH of the hair once the bs solution is completely rinsed out.

Long term use WILL damage your hair. Thats why we don't recommend regular use. I myself have only used it to clarify like once or twice. The pH of baking soda lifts the cuticles of your hair and vinegar DOES restore the pH... but that means the hair is still subjected to regular lifting and can easily cause damage.

Ylva
September 18th, 2019, 02:43 PM
Yeah, there was that blog post about how restoring the pH with vinegar still doesn't prevent damage to the hair, but I am in no state to find it right now. If anyone has it, please post!

MusicalSpoons
September 18th, 2019, 02:58 PM

Long term use WILL damage your hair. Thats why we don't recommend regular use. I myself have only used it to clarify like once or twice. The pH of baking soda lifts the cuticles of your hair and vinegar DOES restore the pH... but that means the hair is still subjected to regular lifting and can easily cause damage.

Diluting to decrease pH is virtually impossible: http://blog.kanelstrand.com/2014/01/baking-soda-destroyed-my-hair.html (despite the clickbait-y sounding title, a decent article based in science)
Here's the chemical proof: http://generalhamfannery.blogspot.com/2014/02/no-feels-only-reals-ph-and-dilution.html

However you might be getting away with it because pH may not be quite the be-all-and-end-all for the hair (though scalp might be a different matter):
https://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2010/06/investigation-does-ph-affect-your-hair.html
https://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2010/07/does-hair-really-not-react-in-ph-range.html These two articles challenged what I thought, that's for sure!

And science-y hair blog always acknowledges that nobody's hair reacts in exactly the same way to everything. She's done analysis of how hair responds to various stresses, including alkaline solutions, and seen just how some people's hair simply can't take it and others' hair is okay with it.
http://science-yhairblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/ph-and-your-hair-little-redox-to-make.html
http://science-yhairblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/ph-of-common-homemade-rinses.html (contains a summary explanation before the list).
The comments on her posts are always well worth a read too.

For many people baking soda is the most evil thing they could ever put on their hair, but other people are okay with it because their hair is more resilient for whatever reason. If it truly works for you and your scalp then by all means keep using it - ultimately, it's about doing what works best for your scalp and your hair :)

Liz_H
September 18th, 2019, 03:14 PM
I'll cut about 6" this fall, and at least that much next year. This will allow me to
- Switch my very pointed V shape hemline to a gentle U.
- Maintain at waist
- Grow out most of my layers to permit more complex styles.

I also want to
- Play with updos, and get comfortable enough to add at least 4 that I can do easily and well.
- Get plenty of sleep every night. I hope it helps my growing hair as much as the rest of my body.
- continue my henna glosses to reach desired color.
- improve my routine to achieve the beautiful, healthy, shiny hair that I see in the flash photos here. 😉

ThistleTea
September 18th, 2019, 03:22 PM
Well thank you, ladies. I'll read the articles!

ThistleTea
September 18th, 2019, 03:25 PM
Well thank you, ladies. I'll read the articles!

I can't edit yet so I just wanted to add that I'm going to try the rye flour shampoo on the kanelstrand.com site: http://blog.kanelstrand.com/2014/01/baking-soda-destroyed-my-hair.html

Maya Louise
September 18th, 2019, 04:46 PM
As of right now, mine goals between today and the end of 2020 are:
-BSL stretched and hopefully at least a couple inches past APL unstretched by graduation in May
-WL stretched and BSL unstretched by the December 31 (possibly too ambitious for hair that’s just past APL stretched now, but I’ll reevaluate as I go)
-Learn basic braids and bun styles. I saw one new hairstyle a month above and I’m totally stealing that.
-Maintain hair softness. I have super coarse dry hair normally but it’s been surprisingly soft and nice feeling this last month and I haven’t figured out what I did yet.
-Get rid of bad habits: stop with the hair ties (just learned this one today), stop running my hands my hands through my hair when I’m nervous, and see if there’s a way to stop shampooing my hair everyday without aggravating my psoriasis

Arciela
September 19th, 2019, 04:23 AM
- no trims
- reach waist again
- stick with cowashing

Milady_DeWinter
September 19th, 2019, 06:59 AM
Mine are very simple:

- Keep on with my ROO routine
- To keep wearing my hair up at least 6/7 a week
- S&D from time to time
- Trimming whenever I needed it, probably every 3-4 months
- To grow 4" more in total to hit Classic by the end of the year

Lysette
September 19th, 2019, 10:36 AM
1. Have more fun with my hair! I have gotten in a bad habit of just throwing it in a braid all the time and I want to get back to doing some updos and leaving it down occasionally. Which means I need to *learn* more updos as right now I think I only know the figure 8/infinity bun. I may get some new hair toys or just figure out what to do with some of my vintage hair toys I have collected over the years.
2. Work to reduce mechanical damage in hopes of increasing thickness. I need to take more time being gentler with untangling and being conscientious about untangling before washing. I also recently replaced my hair scissors so I want to get back to S&D as fewer splits mean fewer tangles which means less hair ripped out!
3. Work toward increasing my scalp health in hopes of decreasing the flakes. I plan to start paying more attention to the ingredients lists on my products and see if I can tease out anything my scalp particularly likes or doesn't like. I plan to try out some over the counter dandruff shampoos and you know, actually *follow the directions* as opposed to just throwing the shampoos into the rotation like I have in the past. And commit to talking to a dermatologist if I can't see some improvements with what I can do on my own.

harpgal
September 19th, 2019, 11:31 AM
Back to calf length for me. I really need a couple more inches to be able to tuck the ends in closer to my neck for that braid around my head. Oh well, change is good and it's fun to be flexible.

cestlavie
September 19th, 2019, 12:12 PM
Reaching MBL and maybe even longer at the end of 2020.

Babying my hair, especially the ends, since I'm trimming twice a year.

Dung Beetle
September 19th, 2019, 12:22 PM
This is a really hard question, because I change my mind about my goals all the time. One thing I'm certain of, though, I'd like to continue growing out the layer that was my bangs until it's more a part of the mass. It's almost shoulder length now. Once it's well and truly grown out I may just cut those bangs right back again, but I would like to go all the way to the end of the road before I do.

AmaryllisRed
September 19th, 2019, 07:37 PM
This is a really hard question, because I change my mind about my goals all the time. One thing I'm certain of, though, I'd like to continue growing out the layer that was my bangs until it's more a part of the mass. It's almost shoulder length now. Once it's well and truly grown out I may just cut those bangs right back again, but I would like to go all the way to the end of the road before I do.

Ohhh that's a good one.
My bangs are close to APL now and I'm getting tempted once again to cut them. I am actually pretty happy with the way they are starting to blend into buns and braids, BUT I am hoping to switch from glasses to contacts soon and I worry my face will look naked without glasses or bangs on it. (Is that weird?)

Genne
September 19th, 2019, 09:53 PM

Hello!

My hair goals for 2020 are to continue letting it grow and to maintain the henna, (learning better how to do the roots and how often.) I'd like to see what can happen with good nutrition and good thoughts.

I've noticed that since I've changed employers and state that I lived in a year ago I have a clearly established new growth that is about 5 inches!! It brushes back into my allover hair but, I look forward to seeing how this new growth will grow out. :)
Jen
p.s. enjoying the change of life stressors that I had for the last 15 some years.

butterflybutton
September 20th, 2019, 12:48 AM
Goal for 2020
Maintain at stretched classic with 1" trims every second month , and that's it!

I still am keeping the colouring of my hair open, if I want to I will, but still growing it out.

Eta: I am pretty excited that I only have one goal left! It is so relaxing having come so far with my hair, especially as I never thought it would get here

yuuuri
September 20th, 2019, 01:23 AM
My hair goals for 2020 are:
1- grow my hair from BSL till hip or waist
2- maintain a healthy hair
3- increase hair volume and thickness!
4- dye my hair red! ( I need to negotiate with my hair for that)
5- always cut the split ends regularly

Hexana
September 20th, 2019, 02:01 AM
1. Reaching a solid BSL (longest then I've ever had),
2. continue with the most natural hair care I can
3. learn new updos.

Waveurly
September 24th, 2019, 03:38 AM
Goals:
1. Get rid of scalp itch
2. As hair gets longer get used to doing more updos
3. Grow grow grow
4. Microtrim whenever I feel is necessary, usually it's every 3/4 months but maybe if I'm able to do more updos I'll be able to trim less!
4.Not sure where I'll be in the next year but I hope to get to waist length at the end of 2020 if I'm able to do minimal trims.

ravenskey
September 24th, 2019, 01:59 PM
1. Reach FTL/MTL dry and unstretched.
2. Wear buns/other full updos more often.
3. Experiment with ACV rinses as my hair hates shampoo but CO washing seems to leave a bit of buildup on the scalp.
4. No cutting.
5. Find and learn hairdos for my debs and graduation.

Suortuva
September 24th, 2019, 03:42 PM
Maybe I could reach waist to the end of next year. I'm between APL and BSL now and I have short torso. I really want to gain length. The problem is my damaged ends, I have to trim, but I have a feeling my ends are doing better nowadays, despite the damage.

nightowldina
September 24th, 2019, 04:13 PM
Hello everyone. I am new!!!!! Heya!!!

My first and most important hair goal for 2020 is NO trim. I am currently APL but my ends are a bit sketchy... I would like to just let my hair grow and grow and achieve its best growing potential, without me picking on it and questioning every single strand. My other goal is to only use my heating tools at most once a week. xx

Begemot
September 25th, 2019, 09:05 AM
Hello everyone. I am new!!!!! Heya!!!

My first and most important hair goal for 2020 is NO trim. I am currently APL but my ends are a bit sketchy... I would like to just let my hair grow and grow and achieve its best growing potential, without me picking on it and questioning every single strand. My other goal is to only use my heating tools at most once a week. xx

Welcome! :hifive! Good luck with no trim 2020!

AmeerahKhanNot
September 25th, 2019, 03:10 PM
Reach CL by April and FTL by December if possible :)

unheardletters
September 30th, 2019, 02:29 PM
My goals
Reach APL stretched in January.
Reach APL unstretched by the end of the year.
Practice braiding my hair.
Continue to resist hair dye, cutting, and pulling
Wear my hair up more often.
Improve nutrition.
Avoid using hair ties.

I won’t make my first two goals since I had 8” cut off, the hairstylists cut far too much off, so my revised length goals are:
Reach APL stretched
Reach shoulder length unstretched

CalystaStarr
October 5th, 2019, 09:42 PM
My hair is below collarbones, I expect it will be APL by new years.
So my goal length by December 31 2020 would be to reach bra strap/mbl since my hair grows about 8 inches a year.

No trims.
Accomplish a high bun with no bangs or under layers peeking through.
Benign neglect 90% of the time.
Only use heat 1/ month at most.

desisparkles
October 6th, 2019, 12:02 AM
By the end of 2020 I am estimating that I will at or super close to tailbone.

Lots and lots of new buns to learn when I get there.

Get even better at braiding.

continue with my no heat/no dye/no silicone regime.

renaatijs
October 15th, 2019, 05:58 AM
1.waist length hair.
2.new hair scissors
3.learning no damage updos!

fraukakao
October 15th, 2019, 11:59 AM
1. Hair long enough to put up in a bun with hairtoys (APL+ for me)
2. Leaving the natural hair color alone
3. Finding a good haircare routine for my bleached lengths

Laurenhope29
October 15th, 2019, 12:32 PM
1. By the end of 2020 i want to reach Waist Length! (I am a tiny bit past Bra Strap Length right now)
2. Continue growing out my natural hair color (I am about 9 months dye free)
3. Continue using no heat (except for special occasions)
4. No trims/hair cuts (except for tiny dustings/S&D)
5. Continue weekly oil treatments

I am really excited to see what my hair looks like at the end of 2020! It may possibly be the longest that it's ever been, if i follow through with my goals :)

drummer
October 15th, 2019, 12:54 PM
What a great thread! I hope to reach APL by the end of 2020 ☺️ I just passed chin, so maybe wishful thinking 🙈

lithostoic
October 15th, 2019, 11:02 PM
My goal for 2020 is to find the perfect anti-frizz routine that doesn't make my waves disappear.

MissBeansy
October 15th, 2019, 11:38 PM
I want to keep making my hair look healthier and grow to at least bsl. I really want waist length though

Milady_DeWinter
October 15th, 2019, 11:41 PM
1. CLASSIC!!! :happydance:

browneyegirl
October 16th, 2019, 01:59 PM
1. Grow hair to waist length or longer
2. Only use heat on special occasions
3. Stick to the curly girl method to try and reduce frizz
4. Use more hair masks/oils

emilyogini
October 24th, 2019, 05:04 AM
Updos pretty much every day! And a trim in November for my birthday:)
Take better length shots.
And the goal is to grow past bsl by December 2020. I just cut off some old balayage bleach damage yesterday.

Faraniel
October 24th, 2019, 08:38 AM
1. Go natural which means growing out the hair dye. Well, after I strip it a bit.
2. Invent a miraculous cure for grey hair....what? That's impossible? Well, at least I have more time for reading.

honeybee93
October 24th, 2019, 09:09 AM
Great thread! :) I will regularly check this one...

1. Wear my hair up as often as possible.
2. Nourish my whole body with supplements, regular exercise, and ample calories
2. Reach waist by Fall 2020. Currently, I am just on the edge of BSL. Last year, I grew to waist in about 6 months after I reached BSL, but my hair was much healthier then.
3. Practice patience while growing out my hair disaster :) I am so stumped by my natural roots, which are a level 5 or 6 while my bleached hairs are a level 7/9. The contrast is super unattractive!

gustavonut
October 24th, 2019, 09:28 AM
1. Keep up with roots
2. Grow to shoulder or longer.
3. Maintain healthy hair.

sonic_goose
October 24th, 2019, 11:53 AM
My goal is somewhere between BSL and Waist length. I’m currently at APL, maybe just a tad lower. I’d love to get through the year without a trim (just a lot of s&d). Also to keep my ends strong and heathy. It’s a big goal but I think I can do it if I’m careful enough.

Milkchocolate
October 24th, 2019, 12:00 PM
I’m very 50/50 about what to do next! My initial thought was to go for a big trim but I can’t decide if I want to keep growing. After my recent summer growth spurt, i definitely see the change in length, as it keeps snagging on every little thing lol. It’s a labor of love though.

It’s definitely getting more attention but I am a very shy person so it gets me extremelyy anxious. That’s the biggest downside! I’m a ball of confusion because I actually hate wearing my hair up bcuz of my chubby cheeks. So there’s no winning with me lol.

Growing has been so much fun and I love having something to look forward to and seeing what length my body can take me too. I genuinely want to see how much more I can grow before I call it quits, but of course there’s some hoops I have to jump through (as previously mentioned). I’m leaning more towards continuing, but I’ll see what I decide by 2020 :)

Rafa
October 24th, 2019, 12:01 PM
Lots of goals for next year!
1. At least BSL but I think I could reach mid back depending on trims
2. Cinnabun with a hair tie
3. Bun with a hair stick
4. Learn to braid
5. Work on stretching washes out more

blackgothicdoll
October 24th, 2019, 12:54 PM
-At least BSL, but if I get there earlier enough I can get to waist! And I'll be so flipping happy.
-Continuing the goal of using less (direct) heat and learning the perfect hair-stretching method.
-Get to the point of stretching washes for a full week.
-Have hair long enough to do cool buns!!

MusicalSpoons
October 24th, 2019, 02:57 PM
In my head I'm fairly decided that I'll cut back to knee+1" at the turn of the year, as long as I've made it to proper calf length by then. (Whether I go through with it is another matter :lol:). However I'm undecided about next year; if my sister is happy to trim then it's conceivable I could ask her to micro-trim once every ~3 or 4 months. That would put me out of no-trimming. I could ask her to trim once between challenge halves if we see her at the right kind of time for that - or I could do nothing and no-trim the whole year again.

So ... basically my only goal for 2020 will be to get back to calf length, with hopefully a more even hemline.
Otherwise, just to keep up my full routine as far as possible, because my hair is overall really quite happy. The addition of chelating regularly might make it even happier; we'll see :)

LittleHealthy
October 24th, 2019, 03:33 PM
To try and get to tailbone. It will be a stretch, but I know I could get there if I'm really kind to my hair.
To try and only have 1 trim.
To stay motivated with my hair growth.
To not measure like a maniac.

Longlegs
October 24th, 2019, 08:24 PM
Besides growing my hair? ;)
Get 2 trims during the year , (This year has been no trimming)
Grow out my bleached hair, it's not in bad shape but I'm letting my grey grow in now.

MissMarmiladka
October 25th, 2019, 12:01 AM
ahhh this topic is sooo inspiring!!

After I had my trim in January my goals will be:

1. Reach APl
2. Finish all my hairproducts
3. Take supplements everyday religiously
4. Wear my hair up as much as possible
5. Sleep only on a satin pillow
6. Trim only once.

GeoJ
October 25th, 2019, 05:00 AM
Well, currently the bulk of my hair has just reached APL and the longest layers are on their way to BSL. In 2020 I hope to get most of my hair to BSL and then decide if I want to hang around at that length to get rid of the last of the layers, or keep going and deal with the layers at a longer length. Hard to decide, because the longer it is the easier I can do a variety of hairstyles, but the layers at the end are not my normal preference. They do make cute spiral and ringlet curls, though (which is making me wonder if I have 2C hair rather than 2B hair).

lithostoic
October 26th, 2019, 01:15 PM
Would love to make it back to waist! I'm about 5 or 6 inches away right now so I should make it :)

RunOnCaffeine
October 26th, 2019, 01:22 PM
I'm hoping to get to hip with a thicker hemline at the very least :)

cjk
October 26th, 2019, 03:59 PM
Braid long enough that I can tuck into my shirt or motorcycle jacket for protection.

embee
October 27th, 2019, 06:12 AM
Maintain. :)

SleepyTangles
October 27th, 2019, 06:45 AM
I just want shoulder length hair, so I can finally get a trim and get rid of all the weird tips and bits of my overgrown pixie :wail:

Edit!
In order of priority, my goals are:
- Reach Shoulder by Easter 2020, and APL by Christmas 2020.
- Extend my purple underlayer in a full-head ombre.
- Get rid of the purple in my bangs.
I find a lot of issues with this placement. Purple is always rubbing off all over my forehead. And more importantly, my hairline is the thinnest and most delicate area of all my hair. I´ve bleached it once, but I´m not going to do it again.
- Learn how to do a crown twist.
Last time I grew my hair past waist without managing to learn crown twisting and braiding... Which is ridiculous because they are beginners hairstyles, but for the love of anything sacred I just couldn't manage to get anything that didn't either pull my scalp, or unravel in few seconds. I have lots of trouble with distributing evenly the hair without getting a bulk at the end or at the start.
I have the feeling that if I start now that my hair is shorter I will be able to grew into the hairstyle and avoid that.

Begemot
November 5th, 2019, 03:33 AM
- Keep up with the routine and regular trims
- Get to BSL and then as close to waist as possible
- Take care of your scalp
- Decide what to do with bangs
- Don't obsess too much
- No Unnecessary Touching!

tiffany1988
November 7th, 2019, 09:58 AM
I'm hoping to get my hair back to BSL or longer! I also plan on going at least 6 months with no trims, and doing a little S&D to keep the split ends to a minimum. :)

Natalina
November 7th, 2019, 10:15 AM
I've quite a long list. :o:

-Grow to BSL (and hopefully longer)
-No trimming/cutting
-No more hair-dyes
-Never letting life get in the way of my haircare routine again, especially for months in a row
-Actually learn how to do hairstyles, especially different types of buns (now it's too short so hopefully next year is a good start)
-Stop subconsciously touching my scalp and hair everytime my anxiety hits
-Appreciate and enjoy my hair at every length as it grows
-Learn to use a tripod for my phone (to take length shots) :p
-Benign neglect because I'm an obsessive person and I need to chill, stress is bad for the hair

Volchitsa
November 7th, 2019, 12:39 PM
My goals
- Grow to hip length
- Learn to braid with better precision

Dark40
November 7th, 2019, 01:18 PM
I’m very 50/50 about what to do next! My initial thought was to go for a big trim but I can’t decide if I want to keep growing. After my recent summer growth spurt, i definitely see the change in length, as it keeps snagging on every little thing lol. It’s a labor of love though.

It’s definitely getting more attention but I am a very shy person so it gets me extremelyy anxious. That’s the biggest downside! I’m a ball of confusion because I actually hate wearing my hair up bcuz of my chubby cheeks. So there’s no winning with me lol.

Growing has been so much fun and I love having something to look forward to and seeing what length my body can take me too. I genuinely want to see how much more I can grow before I call it quits, but of course there’s some hoops I have to jump through (as previously mentioned). I’m leaning more towards continuing, but I’ll see what I decide by 2020 :)

No, if I were you I wouldn't do any big trims. I bet with your hair length it does snag onto every little thing lol. Your length is my goal length. Or, I'm thinking about trying to grow to terminal length. Because, I don't even know where that is on me. Ever since spring of this year my hair growth rate has slowed down. It was staying at WL for many months up until this past September. The growth rate started picking back up again! I am so glad that it did, and now I'm doing a method to speed up the hair growth some more. Like, "The Inversion Method." I've started doing it last month. I take one week out of the month and do it, and last month I measured, and I've gained 3cm of growth!!! :D

So, now I'm going through a growth spurt again! I am so happy and excited about it! Because, I am so sick and tired of my hair still being at 2 or 3 inches below WL.

Laurab
November 7th, 2019, 01:41 PM
-Have it grow long enough for an up-do at my friend's wedding
-Learn how to do more styles with it (I've always been bad with hair)
-Collect more nice accessories
-Stick to a good hair care routine to keep it healthy and practice self care

MusicalSpoons
November 7th, 2019, 01:49 PM
So ... basically my only goal for 2020 will be to get back to calf length, with hopefully a more even hemline.
Otherwise, just to keep up my full routine as far as possible, because my hair is overall really quite happy. The addition of chelating regularly might make it even happier; we'll see :)

I need to try to do small amounts of S&D a bit more frequently too. I've been going for weeks, even months ignoring splits so I think my hair would benefit if I did more - little and often, even if I'm not searching, just snipping off ones when I see them.

Sparkles122
November 7th, 2019, 04:45 PM
Ive been posting now for a year this month. Prior to that I stalked here and there but wasnt really an active member until November 2018. Ive learned so much from this site and plan to take better care of my hair in 2020. My goal is to be around 36-37 inches at the end of 2020, which is the longest ive ever been in my life. Its even longer than before a hairdresser (i no longer go to hairdressers) chopped 11 inches off last year (it was only about 33-34). So im REALLY looking forward to 2020

cjk
November 7th, 2019, 04:50 PM
I'm most looking forward to buying and using a HairGlove!

https://i.imgur.com/dyCx273.png

Jesabel
November 8th, 2019, 02:00 AM
My 2020 hair goal is to get back to hip with trims, to maintain healthy ends so I don’t get the urge to chop again... 😂
Also to get back into caring for my hair properly and braiding.
This is my first post back on LHC after a looong break!

Wecaun
November 8th, 2019, 03:00 AM
I'm hoping I can make it to classic by the end of 2020, which will end my growing journey. Then I can start microtrimming the heat damage off. ��

Linden
November 8th, 2019, 11:48 AM
I want to make it to fingertip length if I can, and transition to a gentler wash routine.

I dream about the day when I can do my hair in a coronet braid. :o

doedeer
November 8th, 2019, 11:49 AM
I'm hoping i can have TBL by the end of next year and learn to do some nice updo's for my cousin's wedding

Joyful Mystery
November 18th, 2019, 01:03 PM
-Keep focusing on nutrition, self-care, and good lifestyle choices.
-I hope to be HL by the end of 2020.
-I've joined the no-trimming 2020 challenge but I might switch to the other two no-trimming challenges instead, we'll see.
-Keep with the same basic haircare routine I've been following for a while now because it's working.
-Braided not bunned.

zemlan
November 18th, 2019, 01:43 PM
My goal would be to reach healthy bsl/mid back and snd regularly :)

0xalis
November 19th, 2019, 12:12 AM
6'' from now should be right on shoulder, so aiming for that by November of next year! Would love to be able to do any sort of up do, at the very least a half up, a regular ponytail would be great.

lapushka
November 19th, 2019, 01:20 AM
My goal would be to reach healthy bsl/mid back and snd regularly :)

Congratulations on your first post! :flower: :applause

EdG
November 19th, 2019, 09:05 AM
By the end of 2020, the hairs that were broken by matting will reach my shoulders.

I am still combing out very small pieces of sticky polyester lint. I could write a scientific paper on how decade-old lint can remain in hair that is only one year old. ;)
Ed

mariakatija
November 19th, 2019, 01:18 PM
I want to grow my hair to APL and then trim to around my collarbone because I want a nice hemline, to move my part to the center, and remove some bleach.

shelomit
November 19th, 2019, 01:45 PM
My main goal will be to deal with my breakage/split ends, but more generally to find a workable haircare routine and stick with it, which I haven't done in a long while.

elise.autumn
November 19th, 2019, 03:55 PM
shelomit welcome! your hair looks similar to mine (including length). And helping breakage/split ends is a common goal.

shelomit
November 20th, 2019, 04:37 PM
shelomit welcome! your hair looks similar to mine (including length). And helping breakage/split ends is a common goal.

Thank you : ) Everyone has been very kind to me!

earl grey
November 21st, 2019, 05:32 AM
-Don't really have a goal length because I can't decide on what to do next.
-Grow out those awful layers
-Continue taking care of my hair and keeping it healthy because it looks better than it has in years despite the length
-Learn some nice braids/buns once I get to a length that allows me to braid and bun

dianabla
November 21st, 2019, 11:47 AM
I really hope to reach hiplength by summer and hopefully TBL before the end of the year. And also learn more about hair care to keep it healthy while growing. 🙂

amiraaah
November 21st, 2019, 11:56 AM
-reach BCL in summer.
-grow my bangs to APL length.
-try to wear my hair up because i never do.
-continue microtrimming my hair.
-try new hair products.

Ylva
November 21st, 2019, 12:53 PM
I really hope to reach hiplength by summer and hopefully TBL before the end of the year. And also learn more about hair care to keep it healthy while growing. ��

Come join us over here (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=149604)! :)

poli
November 22nd, 2019, 12:19 AM
I decided I want to gain 8 cm next year and grow to the "top of my jeans" length. I also would like to keep up with micro trimming while I grow. That means a schedule of trimming 1 cm every 3 months :ponder: quite realistic goal I think.

LittleHealthy
November 22nd, 2019, 04:14 AM
I want to try and wear my hair in a protective manner more often than not, in 2020. I think I set that as a goal for 2019 as well but I think I probably only wore it protected 50-60% of the time.

leafygreens18
November 22nd, 2019, 12:48 PM
Grow to a long BSL, I want to be a true BSL. We shall see! As well as improving at braiding and bulking up my stash of hair toys.

Sabrina Fair
November 23rd, 2019, 12:43 PM
I’m currently about half way between hip and BCL, with 6 or 7 inches of ratty colour-damaged ends. So I’m thinking I’ll trim off an inch every 2 months to maintain at hip til the damage is gone - that should take til the end of 2020! Then switch to microtrimming every month or two until I’m at TBL with (hopefully) a thicker hemline, which is basically my plan for the following year or two after that...

Also:
- find a henna recipe that works with my increasing greys
- find a cleansing/conditioning/deep treatment routine that works consistently
- learn some work-friendly updos
- learn some new styling tricks so I can wear my hair down occasionally
- book an appointment with the local George Michael salon!

branbran
November 25th, 2019, 04:56 AM
My hair is very dry, damaged, and neglected. This year has been very difficult for me, so 2020 will be the year that I commit to consistently caring for my hair. I'm not focused on length as much as I'm focused on health. So here are my 'modified' hair goals for 2020.

• Oil ends every night
• Weekly deep conditioning
• Weekly heavy oiling
• Discover at least 3 new up-dos
• Wear hair in protective style one week out of each month

Proverbs31
November 25th, 2019, 04:42 PM
- Wear protective styles more often, even though I hate how I look with my hair up
- Learn the Infinity Braid
- Apply conditioner consistantly
- Heat once a month, tops
- Wash hair no more than 2 times a week
- Find oils to put in hair
- Use Inversion method
- Waist by 2021? Hip?
- S&D every 2 weeks or so
- Wear braids to bed every night
- Use shea butter
- Try and use the curly girl method to help hair

Dark40
November 25th, 2019, 08:26 PM
My goals are:

Still hoping that I reach classic length by the end of the year(2020)
Learn some new hair styles for that length of hair
Co-wash more often
Deep condition more often
No trims
Keeping it oiled and well-moisturized

itskate
November 25th, 2019, 08:46 PM
I imagine I can make it to BSL by the end of 2020, so I'm excited about that! It will be the same length I grew it to last time, roughly, but thicker, healthier, and all one length. My goals are to wear it up as often as possible (which will keep getting easier), wash with sulfates less/wash less in general as it gets easier to bun, figure out a good protective sleeping method, and maybe get back to the CG method...on the fence about that because I'm not really wearing it down so I dont care, but I think it's still healthier for the hair.

Gwyned
November 26th, 2019, 12:23 PM
My goals for 2020 are all based around health. I want to so quarterly trims to work on thickening the tiny section of my hair that has thinned from my medication. I want to maintain nice juicy curls. This means going back to the basics for me. My hair has been loving co-washes with cholesterol conditioners and being followed up with a mask. I'd also like to lay off on the gel and start focusing on natural leave-in conditioners and butters with thick creamy consistencies that are easily washed out and don't clog my hair follicles. There are a few that come to mind. I'd also like to transition to more natural shampoo, conditioner and masks that don't contain, sulfates, mineral oil, petroleum or soy oil (or any of their derivatives).

I want to deep condition with a heating cap once or twice per week. I'd also like to get back into oiling my hair the day before washing. My hair really liked it. I got lazy and stopped taking good care of it. Interestingly enough, I've not had many splits during this year's no-trim challenge.

shelomit
November 26th, 2019, 12:48 PM
My main goal will be to deal with my breakage/split ends, but more generally to find a workable haircare routine and stick with it, which I haven't done in a long while.

I've been thinking, and this really means two different groups of things, from a practicalia perspective:
1. Vary hairstyles more to combat breakage, which involves both learning some different hairstyles and trying to train my scalp/neck to tolerate some variation in the position of the bun/braid;
2. Figure out a practical haircare routine--here I ideally want something mostly hands-off/not too fussy, but to get to that point I both need to do a few more weeks (months?) of deep moisturizing and experiments to figure out what my hair wants to be happy these days and how often it needs it ( ;

Dark40
November 26th, 2019, 04:13 PM
My goals for 2020 are all based around health. I want to so quarterly trims to work on thickening the tiny section of my hair that has thinned from my medication. I want to maintain nice juicy curls. This means going back to the basics for me. My hair has been loving co-washes with cholesterol conditioners and being followed up with a mask. I'd also like to lay off on the gel and start focusing on natural leave-in conditioners and butters with thick creamy consistencies that are easily washed out and don't clog my hair follicles. There are a few that come to mind. I'd also like to transition to more natural shampoo, conditioner and masks that don't contain, sulfates, mineral oil, petroleum or soy oil (or any of their derivatives).

I want to deep condition with a heating cap once or twice per week. I'd also like to get back into oiling my hair the day before washing. My hair really liked it. I got lazy and stopped taking good care of it. Interestingly enough, I've not had many splits during this year's no-trim challenge.

Your goals sounds like good plans to me! :) Oh, I love the cholesterol conditioners! Both the Super and the regular. I also would like to deep condition my hair sitting under a hooded dryer more often. Like once or twice a week also following up with masks. I mean, I still use masks now but not as often as I used to. I also would love to get back to hot oil treatments every 2 weeks. I've been so lazy with that for many years. My hair loved it! And, it really helped my hair to grow from a chin length bob back down to BSL on high school. Plus, it also gave my hair lots of shine as well.

Beymine
November 29th, 2019, 05:43 AM
My goals are to increase the health of my hair and take better care of it. I am going to increase the deep conditioning, start back oiling my hair, and keep it up more. I am also going to grow out my shaved side and the layers throughout my hair. I've been toying with the idea of growing the majority of my hair to MBL and maintaining there while growing out the rest, but I'm not sure yet. Even though my hair isn't super long now, I don't want it chop it all of because it will be much more work!

GrowingGlory
November 29th, 2019, 10:11 AM
I've already posted here but since I'm now wearing a modern bob I have different goals. In 2020 I would like to maintain this length until my hair is healthy and virgin, then reevaluate my current haircut.

bparnell75
November 29th, 2019, 10:38 AM
I have cut back from full classic to chair length. 2 inches {hair touches chair when sitting} Do micro-trims in hopes of thickening hemline. Then perhaps grow to classic again.

giraff
December 1st, 2019, 02:18 PM
Continue growing towards WL, and hopefully reaching my next milestone, APL.
Weekly hair masks.
Add another updo to my repertoire.

BeverlyHills
December 1st, 2019, 02:40 PM
I hope to reach classic length by the end of 2020! Im pretty sure a year of growth will do it, but we'll see. I'm around hip/tailbone length and I'm super short so hopefully it's enough.

Growingit
December 3rd, 2019, 09:01 PM
To learn to love my hair after major hair loss which lead to the big chop. My hair is growing again so my goals are to keep it healthy with a modified cgm. And last but not least is to have patience with my hair and it’s growth.

Atrocia
December 3rd, 2019, 10:23 PM
I hope to reach waist length even though I will still have some weird layers in the front.

I also hope to get my finances to such a state that I can splurge on a trip to the George Michael Beverly Hills Salon for a trim and treatment. If I get to do this, I’ll have them make the layers into more of a “U” shape. Otherwise I’ll just keep up the self trims as needed.

enfys
December 3rd, 2019, 10:40 PM
I should reach classic around August, so I probably will get there and maintain until the end of the year to thicken up if I'm showing much taper. Otherwise I'll start on my way to the ultimate goal of fingertip length which would be a 2021 goal.

M-I
December 4th, 2019, 03:00 AM
1. Reaching armpit length! My hair is currently right above shoulder.
2. Letting my dye grow out (as I've been doing since april) and cut it 2 times or less.
3. Get better at braiding and other protective hairstyles.

Joules
December 11th, 2019, 05:47 AM
- Grow as much length as possible after my Great Chop of 2019. Preferably healthy and thick, but who knows. Maybe go for an entire year without trims (an entire year = at least November 10th, the day I cut my hair), but I'm not making any commitments here, I know I'd be itching to cut really badly if I know I'm not allowed to :lol:

- Get loads of new hair toys and learn new styles. Wearing the same bun with the same two claw clips for months and months isn't funny at all. Also this kinda ties it with the first goal, since I need to be at least at hip to be able to wear hair sticks (I already ordered my first stick btw!)

- Manage to not have a single meltdown about how tapered my hair gets the longer it grows.

ladycaladium
December 11th, 2019, 06:04 AM
Hair Goals for 2020:
・continue to thicken up/recover lost thickness
・grow longer - I'm about armpit length and would like to hit under bsl by December, but I may have another trim before 2019 is over (which means the possibility of starting 2020 at sl)
・trim as little as possible, keeping the ends healthy
・wear more of my hair toys

arr
December 11th, 2019, 06:15 AM
My goal is to finally let my hair go gray. I can’t take being a slave to the bottle any longer. I’ve had it with the brassiness I’m left with and the fact that after one week, I already see white hairs. I always said I would keep coloring until I felt that my face looked old enough for gray, but if I wait until that time, the transition will only be harder. I’m so scared of what I will look like, what people will think, the growing out phase. But the fact I’m so scared makes me realize I need to do this. My husband and my mom are completely on board with my decision so I have my support team.

Aerya
December 11th, 2019, 08:49 AM
Hip length! Hopefully.

Rubignious
December 11th, 2019, 09:31 AM
I think on NYE 2000 I was probably just sleeping and crying, since I'd only just turned 1 😂

My goals for 2020 are probably to secure a solid hip length/classic length/somewhere in that general vicinity and then just maintain it so my ends are much healthier since I'm just getting to hip now!!

maborosi
December 11th, 2019, 11:00 AM
Hair goals 2020 - grow back to hip. (36")
Should be attainable if I avoid the scissors. :P

Gabrielina
December 11th, 2019, 11:53 AM
My hair goals for 2020:
1) continue to grow my virgin hair
2) find a good Henna mix that matches my virgin grown hair
3) taking better care (pampering, applying home-made hair masks, sun protection, etc.)
4) no haircut until the last month of the year

PatchouliSoleil
December 11th, 2019, 12:41 PM
- Reach waist length
- Find something that soothes my dry, flakey scalp
- Keep experimenting with moisture/protein/nutrition to find a nice balance between the three :)

Zesty
December 12th, 2019, 07:46 AM
I might have an actual hair goal... I'm going to see if I can stand going without a trim until August (my birth month). I just went last week, so maybe. My salon gives 10% off for your birthday, so that's most of the motivation. :p

BraidedBunch
December 12th, 2019, 10:34 AM
-Waist length
-No trims till 2021
-Find a better sleep 'do

Panthera
December 13th, 2019, 05:38 AM
I will hopefully reach my goal length and I'll start microtrimming my hair and finally getting rid of the bleach I've been growing out since shoulder length.

I'm updating my goals after thinking what I want to do and what I should do while growing towards the final milestone

-do smt regularly, every two weeks maybe
-s&d at the start of every month and continue with my monthly clarifying
-use up my stash
-try a new hairstyle every saturday, I don't have to wear it, just practising is enough
-plan out my hair schedules and write them in my journal to keep track of what I'm doing

ReadingRenee
December 13th, 2019, 07:07 PM
Hair goals for 2020 are to finally reach waist again. I think with one small trim, I should be able to reach it, or just barely reach it. I am almost at BSL but I plan to trim an inch or so soon.
Another goal is to appreciate what I have and enjoy my hair at every length.
And my third goal is to take better care of my hair. Try to do a deep conditioning at least once a month.

littlestarface
December 13th, 2019, 07:10 PM
Hair goals for 2020 are to finally reach waist again. I think with one small trim, I should be able to reach it, or just barely reach it. I am almost at BSL but I plan to trim an inch or so soon.
Another goal is to appreciate what I have and enjoy my hair at every length.
And my third goal is to take better care of my hair. Try to do a deep conditioning at least once a month.

How do you trim your hair?? I try and try and it drives me crazy how its never exactly even but yours looks perfect.

My goal for 2020 i'm not gonna trim the entire year and apply castor oil to my scalp to see if I can grow some hair back.

Butterfly Blue
December 20th, 2019, 05:35 AM
- Measure my hair regularly so I can get an average monthly growth
- Try some different oils
- Expand my hairtoy collection
- Go sulphate free
- Get a silk pillow case

I suspect going sulphate free won't be good for me, but I still want to try, to see what happens.
I was also thinking about getting a silk sleep bonnet instead of a pillowcase. I move around a lot in my sleep, and sometimes I don't even wake up with my head on my pillow.
I want to get a Ficcare, forks, Flexis, and I'm dying for something from MapleBurl's Etsy shop. I'm waiting for Christmas, though.
LHC hasn't been good for my wallet, but it's been excellent for my hair!

I use both a silk sleeping bonnet AND a silk pillowcase because I move around a lot when I sleep. I've done this for years now and it's become a nice routine. After I get ready for bed, I put on my "night cap". My family is used to seeing me in it now. I also bought a long silk scarf from Amazon ($20) and put that on the back of the couch when I'm sitting there.

MadelineMomo
December 20th, 2019, 11:43 AM
I should be on course to hit classic length by the end of 2020. Only trimming my hair once a year worked well in 2019 so I'm gonna do it again.

paulownia
December 20th, 2019, 11:59 AM
Oh, I missed that thread;)
My goals for 2020 would be:
- no trimming till end of June ( that will be a challenge)
- learn new braids and buns
- reach APL by the end of the year

C_Bookworm
December 20th, 2019, 12:56 PM
Regularly S&D, big trim less.
Braid and bun more often.
Learn more braid and bun variations.

Obsidian
December 20th, 2019, 06:54 PM
I just want to stay away from permanent dyes and not get frustrated with hot heavy hair and chop it all off again.

p3anutbuttercup
December 20th, 2019, 10:34 PM
My hair goals for 2020 is to grow my hair to tailbone length and maintain it for there. Another goal is to experiment with different oils to see which ones work best with my hair. My other hair goal is to try different hairstyles with hair sticks.

leayellena
December 21st, 2019, 03:32 AM
-Waist length
-No trims till 2021
-Find a better sleep 'do

My sleep bun is the elling woman bun. (https://luisahx.blogspot.com/2019/11/my-go-to-bun-for-sleep-elling-woman-bun.html)
My goals: no trim and a capillary schedule (https://luisahx.blogspot.com/2019/12/hair-challenges-2020.html).

Prerna23
December 21st, 2019, 03:44 AM
I cut my hair from WL to BSL last month. Now I'm going to maintain BSL for first quarter, having regular trims to weed out damage and splits. After that will start growing, hopefully yo WL again, all the while committing to protective styles

hayheadsbird
December 21st, 2019, 03:48 AM
Goal is reach classic, and stay on top of s&d!

Butterfly Blue
December 21st, 2019, 04:14 PM
No trim until 2021. Hopefully gain 6 inches. Learn at least 4 updos for fine hair. Mostly wear hair in protective styles.

I already sleep in a silk bonnet and use silk pillowcases. Will keep doing that, but work on protecting my hair from the sun and wind.

MusicalSpoons
December 21st, 2019, 05:31 PM
I need to try to do small amounts of S&D a bit more frequently too. I've been going for weeks, even months ignoring splits so I think my hair would benefit if I did more - little and often, even if I'm not searching, just snipping off ones when I see them.

A couple of other goals to add:

I've recently been washing however and whenever I feel like it, usually skipping steps because I don't have the energy for the whole, proper routine. Well, my hair's not really happy with that so I need to get back on it! I do hope it will tolerate skipping a step occasionally when it's warmer weather, but on the whole I need to go back to consistency and what was working.

I'd also like to make further inroads to my stash; I did reasonably well getting rid of some products I knew I wouldn't be using but I've since discovered that conditioners with cetrimonium chloride are less well-received by my hair so I need to decide what to do with those in my stash that fall into that category. Incidentally they are also mostly the cheapest ones.

snolol
December 26th, 2019, 02:20 PM
My goals:

- No trim for the first half of 2020
- Try going cone-free
- SL to APL
- Discover a routine that works for my fine / thin hair to achieve:
- Shiny hair naturally
- Less scraggly ends

clandestine
December 26th, 2019, 06:17 PM
Oof, grow out from my emotional pixie-ish cut.

jenn14
December 26th, 2019, 06:25 PM
My hair goals for 2020 are:
-continue to try to make my hair as healthy as possible
-continue to learn new ways to wear my hair up
-continue to use up my stash of haircare products
-to maybe grow my hair to classic length
2019 was a big year for me haircare-wise and i'm looking forward to seeing what 2020 has in store!

Groovy Granny
December 26th, 2019, 08:57 PM
wrong thread

Gypsy_Nerd
December 27th, 2019, 08:31 PM
Make it to mid-back length again. I'm just below jaw length. I chopped off a ton of damage in mid December 2018. I started growing out the pixie cut in probably June. I am doing trims to avoid the dreaded mullet!

Milady_DeWinter
December 28th, 2019, 12:12 AM
Mine are very simple:

- Keep on with my ROO routine
- To keep wearing my hair up at least 6/7 a week
- S&D from time to time
- Trimming whenever I needed it, probably every 3-4 months
- To grow 4" more in total to hit Classic by the end of the year

All of it, plus doing hair treatments at least every month or every 2 months. My brother's gf gave me for Christmas a Lush treatment ( H'Suan Wen Hua) that I love and that I used lots when my hair was super damaged from dyes 2 years ago. I applied it yesterday and OMG, my hair loves it so much. Not cheap, but I should purchase it from time to time again :)

I just need 3 more inches to hit Classic! Even with trims, I will be there by autumn 2020 :D

AnyaWK
December 28th, 2019, 04:34 AM
Healthy hair up to waist length if not more, that is my hope and long term goals to reach for December 2020. Hope I can keep the scissors away for that long... the temptation to trim would be high since it’s difficult to see the face with the same hairstyle every day for a year! Will see how that turns out...

vivis
December 28th, 2019, 10:01 AM
My goals are to learn how to turn my frizzy and unkempt hair into healthy and shiny hair, and to learn how to actually style my hair for the first time in my life. I'm glad I joined this forum for the new year. :)

Jas
December 28th, 2019, 06:09 PM
Right, revising my goals now I've had my trim:

Hair Goals 2020
- Virgin hair at BSL
- Hair mid thigh length (with blunt cut would be lovely but eh, expecting it to start looking fairy-tail at the ends at this length) - currently classic
- Hoping to go without trimming until December, a year no trim!
- Keep it bunned - and vary my style a little, maybe different bun or style once per week is achievable
- S&D more often - 3 monthly?
- Try to put hair up more at night, maybe a plait for sleep

UngracefulAging
December 28th, 2019, 09:29 PM
My 2020 hair goals are to get my hair to my lower back...not tailbone but about three inches up from that. And then have it trimmed to be a little less “v” shaped and a little more straight across the hemline. My hair usually grows about 6 inches per year and so I should be able to reach this goal fairly easily.

HealthyHopesPDX
December 28th, 2019, 10:35 PM
Grow out old black dye completely. Continue growing healthy hair with all of the new hair-care habits i've picked up recently. I literally cannot believe that it never occurred to me that i could have naturally beautiful hair without beating it into submission. I'm such a self-care junkie when it comes to skincare and overall health... why didn't i consider that hair might need some TLC, too?! My goodness..

I've been heat free since June 2019 and picked up a ton of good habits in December 2019. I just need to be patient and keep encouraging my healthy baby hairs to grow, grow, grow! I can't believe how much healthier my new growth looks.

Eishe
December 29th, 2019, 02:28 AM
I think my only one is to get to waist and maintain there. I'm currently around 7-8 cm off, so that should happen sometime in August or September.

I'd also like to use up all the hair stuff I have.

ladycaladium
December 29th, 2019, 03:46 AM
Hair Goals for 2020:
・continue to thicken up/recover lost thickness
・grow longer - I'm about armpit length and would like to hit under bsl by December, but I may have another trim before 2019 is over (which means the possibility of starting 2020 at sl)
・trim as little as possible, keeping the ends healthy
・wear more of my hair toys

Will have the trim tomorrow, so add the first half of 2020 no trim challenge.

Also, get my thyroid sorted and see if that changes my hair for the better (go back for another blood test in January)

tulirepo
December 29th, 2019, 08:22 AM
my goals are:

- having a steady routine
- learning more buns especially after my military service is over
- learning a few new braided styles
- no other cutting but S&D
- having long enough hair to cover my breasts
- finding out what oils my hair like (i'm even willing to try coconut oil and EVOO... brrh for some reason the smells are awful to me)
- research more about the science behind haircare, i'm a nerd...
- kinda hair related, but i wish to stop smoking in 2020 (gotta read some more articles about smoking and hairloss connections to scare myself)
- measure my hair at least once a month to see how much it's really growing!

lithostoic
December 29th, 2019, 02:15 PM
Get back to solid waist. I'm already fairly close but I'm maintaining.

Hasse
December 29th, 2019, 02:20 PM
Goals for 2020:
- Grow to BSL/MBL. I finish my study in january of 2021 and have a graduation ceremony in july of that year, so I decided to grow until the ceremony and then decide what I want to do with my hair length-wise.
- Try minimizing trimming, in frequency and length taken off.
- S&D about once a month
- Include oiling into my routine (daily oiling of my ends and the O in LCO)
- Use up my stash and decide which brand I want to stick to for the remainder of the year
- Learn some buns
- Wear my hair up 5 days per week
- Try to appreciate my hair again instead of seeing it as a mess I have to deal with (awkward lengths won't help in that department I'm afraid xD)

MusicalSpoons
December 29th, 2019, 04:21 PM
In my head I'm fairly decided that I'll cut back to knee+1" at the turn of the year, as long as I've made it to proper calf length by then. (Whether I go through with it is another matter :lol:). However I'm undecided about next year; if my sister is happy to trim then it's conceivable I could ask her to micro-trim once every ~3 or 4 months. That would put me out of no-trimming. I could ask her to trim once between challenge halves if we see her at the right kind of time for that - or I could do nothing and no-trim the whole year again.

A couple of other goals to add:

I've recently been washing however and whenever I feel like it, usually skipping steps because I don't have the energy for the whole, proper routine. Well, my hair's not really happy with that so I need to get back on it! I do hope it will tolerate skipping a step occasionally when it's warmer weather, but on the whole I need to go back to consistency and what was working.

I'd also like to make further inroads to my stash; I did reasonably well getting rid of some products I knew I wouldn't be using but I've since discovered that conditioners with cetrimonium chloride are less well-received by my hair so I need to decide what to do with those in my stash that fall into that category. Incidentally they are also mostly the cheapest ones.

Responding to the 2019 thread made me realise I need to condense, clarify, and consolidate my goals into one post or the evaluation at the end of the year will be a nightmare :doh: So!

- grow back to calf and onto solid calf
- more frequent S&D (realistically, more frequent snipping off split ends when I see them)
- decide what to do about conditioners that don't do very much for my hair
- low buy of hairtoys, maybe destash a little more
- clean my mirror more than once in the year

- keep using up my stash
- keep up with seasonal pics
- keep up my full wash routine consistently to keep my hair happiest
- (probably) keep no-trimming

shelomit
December 29th, 2019, 04:51 PM
- clean my mirror more than once in the year

I am feeling extremely called out, lol!

RadioactiveLily
December 29th, 2019, 05:11 PM
My goals:
Reach knee or get reeeally close. Only a couple more inches...
Work on my dandruff. It suddenly got much worse this year and I'm still trying to figure out why.

Elizabeth E
December 31st, 2019, 01:40 AM
I decided to make 2020 the year of enjoying my hair down more and maintaining it at hip until October before I grow further. There are sooo many gorgeous braided styles I've always wanted to try and now my hair is finally long enough for it. So my goals for the year are:

- Trim every 2 months or whenever needed to keep it at the same length and allow my hemline to thicken up
- Continue washing only once a week, use a wooden comb, oil my hair etc.
- Do henna and indigo once a month (I've done mainly henna a few times this year, but got lazy)
- Do more braids! And keep those in for a few days so I'm not manipulating my hair too much.

That's it, I think. I'll check back in at the end of the year :)

ReadingRenee
December 31st, 2019, 10:46 AM
How do you trim your hair?? I try and try and it drives me crazy how its never exactly even but yours looks perfect.

My goal for 2020 i'm not gonna trim the entire year and apply castor oil to my scalp to see if I can grow some hair back.

I'm so sorry, I never checked back in to this thread. Thanks for the compliment! Sadly, its an optical illusion. I always use Feye's straight across looking down at the floor while pulling the scrunchie down method and that seems to give me a slight U. :shrug: But, my hair doesn't grow evenly at all so I have realized a straight hemline right after trimming is pointless.

bparnell75
December 31st, 2019, 03:55 PM
Keep micro-trimming to thicken my hemline. I am currently 3 inches shy of classic since I trimmed the fairly tail ends.

Elodea
January 1st, 2020, 09:28 AM
I posted in this thread before, but now I think I have some updated/revised hair goals for 2020:
- Reach FTL (definitely should be doable, it's just a question of when exactly)
- Probably commit to no trims -- my hair seems to grow rather evenly so I don't think the hemline will look too ragged, and I also am potentially hoping/working for fairytale ends, though I don't know if my hair will do that easily.
- Keep up with S&D -- a few times a month? Once weekly might be a bit much, but I definitely should try to do it more regularly, even though I don't think I have an extreme amount of split ends.
- Learn and do some new hairstyles, for the sake of variety.
- Try to make some self-made hairtoys

Simsy
January 4th, 2020, 12:51 AM
My only hard goal for this year was to make mid-thigh curly; but since I’m already there...

-Expand my bun repertoire
-Use more of my toys

I need to start using some of my more interesting toys; since even I’m getting sick of the acrylic fork. Easiest way to do that is probably going to be learning more styles so I can use the large number of wooden sticks I have purchased and not used because they aren’t exactly work-friendly (I.e waterproof).

I might bust out the sword pair when I go back week after next. Start the year off with a bang.

Tinyponies
January 5th, 2020, 07:43 AM
I’m happy with my routine (or lack of it :lol: ) right now, so will just tweak as and when needed.
I’m hoping to just graze/reach tbl by the end of the year. That would be amazing.
I’ve a big chest wall surgery scheduled for autumn of this year so my biggest goal is to try and look after myself in preparation and not stress about it too much (near impossible but hey).

TheMandaRose
January 5th, 2020, 08:17 AM
I'm so glad to find this thread! I love to see so many other folks that have similar hair goals to my own.
Currently I'm hanging out somewhere between APL and BSL. My ends reach the bottom of my shoulders blades so can I call that BSL? I'm also in the no trim 2020 (first half) so obviously that's a goal. I'm hoping to get better at S&D but right now it's a challenge to see the ends of my hair that resides at the back of my head so I'll have to get a little more length to do that successfully.My hair is growing pretty slow right now so that may take a while. I also want to start taking length pictures but haven't figured out how often i should do that. And learning how to make my own hair toys is also at the top of my list of goals. I've made a couple of wooden forks that came out ok but I know I can do better. I think maybe resin hair forks will be the next medium to try.
I'm currently also practicing CO/WO and washing only every 10 days or so. My shedding is negligible and my hair is so much shinier since I started this method and my wooden comb and brush and BBB are my best friends.

Untressed
January 23rd, 2020, 03:13 PM
My hair goals for 2020 are pretty simple:

Minimal handling.
Root touch ups only when direly needed.
No cutting except the occasional wicked split I catch in sunlight.

Just going to see how long it can grow if I stop messing with it.

whoisida
January 24th, 2020, 05:43 AM
Growing my hair from APL to BSL.
Trying not to show too hot and use shampoo every time I shower..

lapushka
January 24th, 2020, 06:24 AM
Growing my hair from APL to BSL.
Trying not to show too hot and use shampoo every time I shower..

Haha, I love your username. :)

whoisida
January 24th, 2020, 06:48 AM
Haha, I love your username. :)

Haha merci! (Of dankje, depending on where you are from in Belgium ;))

lapushka
January 24th, 2020, 06:50 AM
Haha merci! (Of dankje, depending on where you are from in Belgium ;))

Flemish part, so "dank je" aka thank you is very nice of you. :D

Hope to see you around here! Your hair is gorgeous (love the color).

gustavonut
January 24th, 2020, 06:56 AM
Getting rid of my bleached stuff, growing a bit past shoulder hopefully, and slowly getting rid of my too long bangs

WonderGirl
January 24th, 2020, 12:22 PM
My goal is to decide if I want to go my natural deep copper red or keep being blonde. I also would like to rebuild proteins in my hair and cut it shorter because I'm tired of sitting on it. I would like it to look less frayed on the bottom 3 inches and I know cutting it won't help because it just looks frayed anyways so maybe cut it straight across or rounder than just letting it hang and look wild. Red or blonde?? If I go red then I get so many comments every single day from multiple people and it gets so annoying that being blonde is easier but I look healthier with red hair because my face looks fresher and brighter and I won't have to color it ever again but I look younger with blonde hair. It seems like if I go darker it accentuates my face and I look older. When my hair is red it never holds any curl at all but with blonde It does to some degree. Confused chick here :)

Bri-Chan
January 24th, 2020, 01:32 PM
My goal is to have healthier ends, this means to have the courage to cut several inches ... also, I want to learn several kind of braids

Bri-Chan
January 24th, 2020, 01:36 PM
My goal is to decide if I want to go my natural deep copper red or keep being blonde. I also would like to rebuild proteins in my hair and cut it shorter because I'm tired of sitting on it. I would like it to look less frayed on the bottom 3 inches and I know cutting it won't help because it just looks frayed anyways so maybe cut it straight across or rounder than just letting it hang and look wild. Red or blonde?? If I go red then I get so many comments every single day from multiple people and it gets so annoying that being blonde is easier but I look healthier with red hair because my face looks fresher and brighter and I won't have to color it ever again but I look younger with blonde hair. It seems like if I go darker it accentuates my face and I look older. When my hair is red it never holds any curl at all but with blonde It does to some degree. Confused chick here :)

I think that natural red hair is beautiful! You are so lucky!

ArtOfNoot
January 24th, 2020, 08:13 PM
No trims, thick ends to my mid back and have my hair long enough to try out some of the cool buns I see on this site!!!

whoisida
January 25th, 2020, 06:12 AM
Flemish part, so "dank je" aka thank you is very nice of you. :D

Hope to see you around here! Your hair is gorgeous (love the color).

Aw thanks!! I will try to stick around ;)

sonderouslocks
January 25th, 2020, 08:52 AM
•Grow my knowledge further about harsh chemicals and hair products
•Learn to do braided updos and orchid buns
•Maintain healthy ends
•Get as close as I can to mid-back length (I’m at about bra-strap atm)
•And figure out my hairs favorite oil🤞

poojasilk
January 30th, 2020, 02:31 PM
1. No trimming with infrequent S&D
2. Grow my hair to BSL
3. Coconut oil and rice water rinses weekly to maintain healthy hair
4. Learn how to different braids on my own hair

Jasonlh
January 30th, 2020, 08:28 PM
Grow it longer with less or no trims
Take better care of it and improve my routine
Learn a couple new hair styles

Autunno
January 31st, 2020, 06:58 AM
I want to focus more on overall quality then lenght. I need my hair to be healthier and i have to reduce hair loss and split ends.

Meantime, i want to learn hairstyles and to be more consistent with herbal treatments because I love them

cm006j
January 31st, 2020, 07:18 AM
For most of my life I’ve said my goal is knee (secretly thinking I might try even longer) but I always end up cutting. This year I think I can actually finally make it to knee for the first time ever!

queencarrion
January 31st, 2020, 07:35 AM
Wear hair up 99% of the time.
Search and Destroy at least once a week, preferably more often.
Try to go the whole year without trimming (I have been trimming 2x a year for the past 4 years)
Get to fingertip by the end of 2020 :)

nondescript
February 1st, 2020, 09:40 AM
I’m just passing BSL but my hair has a weird shape. I’m contemplating going to a salon for a final trim and then I will continue until the end of the year.

ruthieannie98
February 1st, 2020, 07:17 PM
Drink more water, explore and experiment with different deep conditioning masks, continue cutting out chemical dyes and treatments and cutting out heat, continue using henna, by the end of the year I hope to have waist length hair. It’s bra strap length now so we will see how this goes!