PDA

View Full Version : Products That You Wish Hadn't Discontinued

Dark40
September 5th, 2019, 07:29 PM
Hi all,

Just incase a thread hasn't started I'm going to start one here. If there is one I apologize. What are you favorite discontinued products that you wish were still on the market?

Mine are:

The Pantene Pro-v Vintage Products
Revlon Frost & Glow Bleach Blonding Kit
TCB Apple Essence Neutralizing Shampoo
TCB Naturals Hair Conditioner
Dark & Lovely Cholesterol Deep Conditioner

Jo Ann
September 6th, 2019, 12:06 AM
Wella Balsam shampoo and conditioner

NicoleJean
September 6th, 2019, 02:17 AM
(((TEARS))) Framesi Biogenol Ultra Deep Masque (R.I.P.) Discontinued about 5 years ago and I still haven't found anything near as good. Made my hair so soft and shiny and absolutely gorgeous (((SNIFF)))

Hedwig
September 6th, 2019, 03:13 AM
The Herbal Essences old school lines with rose and chamomile were only sold briefly here in Germany and I miss them dearly.
Plus the Pantene Hydration line.

lapushka
September 6th, 2019, 04:10 AM
Hello Hydration conditioner, more for old times' sake than anything else. I have discovered other ways to detangle my hair now (Wet brush) so I don't really need this conditioner anymore anyway, but, well... nostalgia. ;)

Mariekeeee14
September 6th, 2019, 04:11 AM
Andrélon changed the formula of the Care & Repair 1 Minute Mask two years ago and I have about a bottle and a half left of the original formula, so I use that only on very special occasions. I miss it with all my heart:cry:

lapushka
September 6th, 2019, 04:13 AM
I'm finding these, though:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=147767&highlight=discontinued
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=148864&highlight=discontinued
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141909&highlight=discontinued
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=133646&highlight=discontinued
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=135354&highlight=discontinued

Mariekeeee14
September 6th, 2019, 04:37 AM
Hello Hydration conditioner, more for old times' sake than anything else. I have discovered other ways to detangle my hair now (Wet brush) so I don't really need this conditioner anymore anyway, but, well... nostalgia. ;)

I wasn't here for this hype, what happened to it?

lapushka
September 6th, 2019, 07:23 AM
I wasn't here for this hype, what happened to it?

In what sense? The company just discontinued it in Belgium, also The Netherlands. Maybe Germany? I don't know about the UK.

You can still get the old bottles in the US, it seems to still be thriving there, though.

Dark40
September 6th, 2019, 11:15 AM

Oh yesss, I also used to love Wella Balsam shampoo and conditioner too! They make hair color but not shampoo and conditioner.

eresh
September 6th, 2019, 11:33 AM
The original Inecto coconut glossing spray.
The new one now has loads of dimethicone in it :-(

MusicalSpoons
September 6th, 2019, 03:30 PM
In what sense? The company just discontinued it in Belgium, also The Netherlands. Maybe Germany? I don't know about the UK.

You can still get the old bottles in the US, it seems to still be thriving there, though.

Still widely available in the UK too.

AutobotsAttack
September 6th, 2019, 04:17 PM
Herbal Essences long Term Relationship. Why, oh why.

lapushka
September 6th, 2019, 04:32 PM
Still widely available in the UK too.

It's so odd how it almost appears to be random like that.

AmaryllisRed
September 6th, 2019, 06:51 PM
Herbal Essences long Term Relationship. Why, oh why.

What? We still have it here... you're in the US, aren't you? I hope they're not discontinuing it! Do I need to stockpile? This is the shampoo and conditioner I've used for years!

AutobotsAttack
September 6th, 2019, 07:26 PM
What? We still have it here... you're in the US, aren't you? I hope they're not discontinuing it! Do I need to stockpile? This is the shampoo and conditioner I've used for years!

No not the shampoo and conditioner, I should’ve said the leave in. Once upon a time they had the leave in for long term relationship. I liked that so much. It was my go-to leave in.

AmaryllisRed
September 6th, 2019, 07:58 PM
No not the shampoo and conditioner, I should’ve said the leave in. Once upon a time they had the leave in for long term relationship. I liked that so much. It was my go-to leave in.

Oh thank heavens!
Sorry about your leave-in, though.

lapushka
September 7th, 2019, 08:40 AM
Slight panic attack there. Just missed that. LOL!

The logic behind keeping & discontinuing things seems so complicated. In some countries it's "like this" in others "like that". Whyyy.

Oh BTW, I discovered a conditioner, last week, which outperforms my Hello Hydration *enormously*. It is the L'Oréal extraordinary oil one. It is amazing slip and smoothness.

renia22
September 7th, 2019, 09:30 AM
If I go waaaayyyyy back to the 80s, there are too many to list. But a more recent discontinuation were the Neutrogena Volume (green) and Replenishing (pink) shampoos and conditioners. I used them on & off since the 90s. A few years back I discovered them on the bottom shelf at CVS after forgetting about them for a while. Sure enough, shortly after that, they were discontinued. :(

I loved the performance, scent, everything..

https://i.ibb.co/w4TgBtm/F5-B77-DFC-0356-4165-B312-2-CA2-B553-D1-A4.jpg (https://ibb.co/JHNtmZJ)

Dark40
September 7th, 2019, 10:56 AM
If I go waaaayyyyy back to the 80s, there are too many to list. But a more recent discontinuation were the Neutrogena Volume (green) and Replenishing (pink) shampoos and conditioners. I used them on & off since the 90s. A few years back I discovered them on the bottom shelf at CVS after forgetting about them for a while. Sure enough, shortly after that, they were discontinued. :(

I loved the performance, scent, everything..

https://i.ibb.co/w4TgBtm/F5-B77-DFC-0356-4165-B312-2-CA2-B553-D1-A4.jpg (https://ibb.co/JHNtmZJ)

Oh yeah, I hate that product being discontinued too. :( After I started buying it in the 2000s I still have half a bottle of the pink shampoo and pink conditioner.

ExpectoPatronum
September 7th, 2019, 12:00 PM
I really liked the original Tresemme Naturals conditioner. I don't know if they still sell it, but they changed the formula years ago and it just isn't the same anymore.

CindyOfTheOaks
September 7th, 2019, 12:36 PM
Wella balsam conditioner and Herbal Essence original shampoo

I looooove the smell of both

lapushka
September 7th, 2019, 12:49 PM
renia, you are the Queen Of Products (QOP)! I always look at what you post and it's like, where does she keep getting all these products? :lol:

littlestarface
September 7th, 2019, 01:12 PM
I really liked the original Tresemme Naturals conditioner. I don't know if they still sell it, but they changed the formula years ago and it just isn't the same anymore.

No its not the same at all :wail:

renia22
September 7th, 2019, 02:16 PM
Oh yeah, I hate that product being discontinued too. :( After I started buying it in the 2000s I still have half a bottle of the pink shampoo and pink conditioner.

renia, you are the Queen Of Products (QOP)! I always look at what you post and it's like, where does she keep getting all these products? :lol:

They were good, Dark40! I stock piled some back when it was being discontinued, but used everything up.

Lapushka, ;), I’ve loved searching for and trying all kinds of haircare products since the 80s, and have a memory like an elephant when it comes to remembering some of them!

lapushka
September 7th, 2019, 02:56 PM
Lapushka, ;), I’ve loved searching for and trying all kinds of haircare products since the 80s, and have a memory like an elephant when it comes to remembering some of them!

That is awesome. I hope you keep posting what you find (pictures), because I really love seeing those older and more unknown bottles! Is that weird? ;) :p

Dark40
September 7th, 2019, 04:05 PM
They were good, Dark40! I stock piled some back when it was being discontinued, but used everything up.

Yes, they were good renia22! I wish I had the chance to stock up on mine. I would have a lot more by now. :(

Dark40
September 7th, 2019, 04:08 PM
I found another good product that was discontinued was Loreal Evercreme Sultfate-Free Moisturizing Nourishing Spray. :( Now, it's sold at other online stores for more cost. I think it's $32.00 for a pack of 2. I think that's a bit much for 2 8.5 oz bottles of leave-in conditioner spray.

renia22
September 7th, 2019, 06:25 PM
^ I sure will, Lapushka! I also enjoy looking at products/ packaging.

Dark40- that’s a lot. I hate when something you love gets discontinued, and whatever stock is floating around ends up costing some crazy amount. Occasionally I’ll over pay if it’s something I really want, though.

Dark40
September 8th, 2019, 11:16 AM
renia22, Yes, that is a lot. That too much. I also hate when something you love gets discontinued too, and you're right. Whatever stock is floating around ends up costing some crazy amount. Yeah, I also occasionally over pay if it's something I really want too.

Labs*R*Us
September 8th, 2019, 04:47 PM
Way back, Revlon put out a shampoo called Milk Plus 6. For coney girls, it was heaven. I also miss Agree shampoo/condish for the scent.

Dark40
September 9th, 2019, 04:44 PM
Oh yeah, me too. I remember when Revlon came out with the milk plus 6 shampoo. For us coney girls. I also miss Agree Shampoo and Conditioner for the scent as well too.

bparnell75
September 9th, 2019, 04:55 PM
The Ausie grape smelling products. JUst loved those. products may be as good now but I miss that wonderful smell

Dark40
September 12th, 2019, 12:07 PM
I also love the Ausie grape smelling products too. Yeah, they are good now but I also miss that scent they used to have too.

Arciela
September 15th, 2019, 07:47 PM
I wish yes to carrots didn't change their condtioner formula. It used to make my hair perfect! Now it dries it out :(

Panthera
September 15th, 2019, 10:10 PM
SM low porosity line

Dark40
September 28th, 2019, 07:44 PM
What is SM low porosity line?

lapushka
September 29th, 2019, 04:07 AM
What is SM low porosity line?

I am willing to bet it's Shea Moisture, and the rest you could Google. ;)

Panthera
September 29th, 2019, 04:29 AM
Yes I meant Shea moisture. :) They have products made for low porosity hair, protein free shampoo, conditioner and leave in. It's still available here and there but I understood it's discontinued and wont be available in the future.

Dark40
September 29th, 2019, 10:07 AM
I am willing to bet it's Shea Moisture, and the rest you could Google. ;)

Ok, you might be right. Thanks for the clarification. ;)

Dark40
September 29th, 2019, 10:10 AM
Yes I meant Shea moisture. :) They have products made for low porosity hair, protein free shampoo, conditioner and leave in. It's still available here and there but I understood it's discontinued and wont be available in the future.

Ok, thank you for the clarification. :) Oh, I didn't know that they've have products for low porosity hair. Awwwww, that's a bummer that they are discontinuing it in Europe for in the future. Maybe you can order the products at Amazon or online somewhere?

Dark40
September 29th, 2019, 11:43 AM
SM low porosity line

BTW, This is off-topic but I needed to ask this question....How can you tell if your have low or high porosity hair? If you use chemicals in your hair does that mean you have high porosity hair?

lapushka
September 29th, 2019, 12:57 PM
BTW, This is off-topic but I needed to ask this question....How can you tell if your have low or high porosity hair? If you use chemicals in your hair does that mean you have high porosity hair?

If you have say bleach or have had a chemical process, 9 times out of 10 your hair is high(er) porosity than normal.

Dark40
September 29th, 2019, 03:52 PM
If you have say bleach or have had a chemical process, 9 times out of 10 your hair is high(er) porosity than normal.

Oh, ok. Thanks for helping me to understand that clearly. So, since I have relax and color-treated hair I have high porosity hair then.

lapushka
September 29th, 2019, 04:27 PM
Oh, ok. Thanks for helping me to understand that clearly. So, since I have relax and color-treated hair I have high porosity hair then.

Not necessarily the highest, but higher than what's the norm, probably, in all likelihood, yes.

Dark40
September 29th, 2019, 06:21 PM
Not necessarily the highest, but higher than what's the norm, probably, in all likelihood, yes.

Ok, I thought so.

Dark40
November 2nd, 2020, 09:02 AM
Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you had hair products that you loved, and it was discontinued? I'm sorry if there is already a thread on this. My favorite hair products I can name a few are: the Vintage Pantene Pro-V Products that used to come in all 4 versions. They had the one for Normal Hair, Dry and Damaged Hair, Permed and Color-Treated Hair, and one for Fine Hair. I've also missed a deep conditioner called, "Dark & Lovely Cholesterol Conditioner with Egg in it," and also Ultra Sheen Hairdressing. I am miss TCB Naturals Hair Conditioner and TCB Naturals Hair Food.

I would like to know what you guys missed as your favorite haircare products?

renia22
November 2nd, 2020, 01:15 PM
^Dark40, those were the days for Pantene! I’ve been on and off Pantene over the years since it came in those cylinder shaped bottles. The latest protects that I liked, that were discontinued, were the Aqua Light and Micellar Water shampoos & conditioners. I still have a few Micellar Waters left, but once I’m finished with those, I might be done with Pantene for a while. I’m not interested in their new sulfate free shampoos, and I don’t like the new scent of the regular product like :(.

lapushka
November 2nd, 2020, 02:27 PM
^Dark40, those were the days for Pantene! I’ve been on and off Pantene over the years since it came in those cylinder shaped bottles. The latest protects that I liked, that were discontinued, were the Aqua Light and Micellar Water shampoos & conditioners. I still have a few Micellar Waters left, but once I’m finished with those, I might be done with Pantene for a while. I’m not interested in their new sulfate free shampoos, and I don’t like the new scent of the regular product like :(.

In my Lidl they still have the "classic" range, classic, volume, anti-dandruff, repair and for 3.05 euro, so that's not too bad. I also have issues finding the Aqua Light. A couple stores (Delhaize --> that's Food Lion in the US, Spar) still seemed to have them a while ago (last year, early this year). So I stocked up.

UncommonTart
November 2nd, 2020, 05:16 PM
For me it's not so much a discontinuation, but a reformulation. I miss the way Pantene smelled in the mid to late nineties. It was super perfumey, yes, but I loved it. I used it all through high school. When they reformulated it I switched to Clairol Daily Defense with several drops of The Body Shop's Japanese Musk oil mixed in the bottle. (Another thing I am super annoyed about.) You'll have to take my word for it, but my hair smelled so good.

Dark40
November 2nd, 2020, 05:22 PM
I've just discovered an old hair product that I used to use during my childhood. It was called, "Ultra Sheen Hairdressing," and I had been looking for it for 11 years. I had some in my other stash at my other house but as I had moved into another house I couldn't take it with me. But today, I finally found at Walmart for $7.07 for an 8oz jar, and I purchased it! That hairdressing made my hair feel so nice, soft, and shiny! It also made my hair grow as a child as well! So, I'm going to start investing it into my stash and routine!

renia22
November 2nd, 2020, 07:28 PM
In my Lidl they still have the "classic" range, classic, volume, anti-dandruff, repair and for 3.05 euro, so that's not too bad. I also have issues finding the Aqua Light. A couple stores (Delhaize --> that's Food Lion in the US, Spar) still seemed to have them a while ago (last year, early this year). So I stocked up.

I’d stock up too if I ever saw it again. Glad you can still find it!

For me it's not so much a discontinuation, but a reformulation. I miss the way Pantene smelled in the mid to late nineties. It was super perfumey, yes, but I loved it. I used it all through high school. When they reformulated it I switched to Clairol Daily Defense with several drops of The Body Shop's Japanese Musk oil mixed in the bottle. (Another thing I am super annoyed about.) You'll have to take my word for it, but my hair smelled so good.

It had a great scent then. And I also remember Clairol Daily Defense, and The Body Shop Japanese musk oil (and the oil bar The Body Shop had). Bet your hair smelled good!

I've just discovered an old hair product that I used to use during my childhood. It was called, "Ultra Sheen Hairdressing," and I had been looking for it for 11 years. I had some in my other stash at my other house but as I had moved into another house I couldn't take it with me. But today, I finally found at Walmart for $7.07 for an 8oz jar, and I purchased it! That hairdressing made my hair feel so nice, soft, and shiny! It also made my hair grow as a child as well! So, I'm going to start investing it into my stash and routine!

Yay, how exciting to find something from the past. Love when that happens!

Allorapisma
November 2nd, 2020, 09:30 PM
Garnier goodbye damage leave-in https://cdn.notinoimg.com/detail_thumb/garnier/garfgow_kcnd20/garnier-fructis-goodbye-damage-immediate-care-for-damaged-hair___22.jpg
It was the best leave in conditioner I've ever used :sad

lapushka
November 3rd, 2020, 02:28 AM

Not sure how long that is going to still last, though, because it's not easy to find! Not even in the biggest supermarket in Belgium, which is "Colruyt" (our version of CostCo). Wish I could just pick it up in my Aldi. Wouldn't that be amazing! I can dream. LOL!

Dark40
November 3rd, 2020, 07:00 AM

It had a great scent then. And I also remember Clairol Daily Defense, and The Body Shop Japanese musk oil (and the oil bar The Body Shop had). Bet your hair smelled good!

Yay, how exciting to find something from the past. Love when that happens!

Yay, yes it is exciting to find something from the past. I also love when that happens too! Oh yeah, and last night I also found another good product from the past as well! It's called ,"TCB Naturals Hairdressing Cream." I found it on a European website. They sell it somewhere in Europe instead of the US! So, I'll just purchase it on that site in the near feature. I think the name of the website is: www.euroshop.com. Can you please tell me in pricing for European countries what does this symbol that looks like the letter C with a dash going straight across in the middle means? What do they called that in dollars signs? Like, C 5.50? Thanks! I hope I am making any sense?!

Ylva
November 3rd, 2020, 07:18 AM
Yay, yes it is exciting to find something from the past. I also love when that happens too! Oh yeah, and last night I also found another good product from the past as well! It's called ,"TCB Naturals Hairdressing Cream." I found it on a European website. They sell it somewhere in Europe instead of the US! So, I'll just purchase it on that site in the near feature. I think the name of the website is: www.euroshop.com. Can you please tell me in pricing for European countries what does this symbol that looks like the letter C with a dash going straight across in the middle means? What do they called that in dollars signs? Like, C 5.50? Thanks! I hope I am making any sense?!

The € symbol is the euro currency which is widely used in Europe. To find out what the price is in US dollars, you can type the following in Google: "xx EUR in USD". Just replace the "xx" with the price of the product.

Dark40
November 3rd, 2020, 07:39 AM
The € symbol is the euro currency which is widely used in Europe. To find out what the price is in US dollars, you can type the following in Google: "xx EUR in USD". Just replace the "xx" with the price of the product.

Ok, thank you for that information. I always thought it was used in Europe but never understood what it meant.

lapushka
November 3rd, 2020, 07:57 AM
Ok, thank you for that information. I always thought it was used in Europe but never understood what it meant.

Nooo; you're kidding, right? You didn't know the symbol for the euro? :shocked: I mean, I'm not laughing at you or mocking you, don't get me wrong, it's just... I don't get it how you can't know that. :hmm: Surely it's in newspapers or all over the net. Just goes to show you how much Americans know of the EU. :(

Dark40
November 3rd, 2020, 09:50 AM
Nooo; you're kidding, right? You didn't know the symbol for the euro? :shocked: I mean, I'm not laughing at you or mocking you, don't get me wrong, it's just... I don't get it how you can't know that. :hmm: Surely it's in newspapers or all over the net. Just goes to show you how much Americans know of the EU. :(

Nooo, I'm not kidding! I probably already knew what it meant but just forgot. Look, I'm on lots of meds, and it can cause me some memory loss. :(

lapushka
November 3rd, 2020, 10:28 AM
Nooo, I'm not kidding! I probably already knew what it meant but just forgot. Look, I'm on lots of meds, and it can cause me some memory loss. :(

Like I said, no judgement. It is just hard to grasp for me, as I live in the EU.

Dark40
November 3rd, 2020, 12:10 PM
Like I said, no judgement. It is just hard to grasp for me, as I live in the EU.

Yeah, I've heard what you said. I know that it's hard to grasp but I don't live in the EU. I live in the US.

lapushka
November 3rd, 2020, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I've heard what you said. I know that it's hard to grasp but I don't live in the EU. I live in the US.

Kind of side-tracking now, but in the EU *everybody and their mama* knows what the dollar sign is. We also know a lot about the US, if not from TV shows, it is from what we learn about it (history, general education). I find it so odd that it is not the other way around. Is it lack of knowledge (school knowledge I am referring to) about the EU? Did you guys get a lot of that in schools?

knobbly
November 3rd, 2020, 02:42 PM
Kind of side-tracking now, but in the EU *everybody and their mama* knows what the dollar sign is. We also know a lot about the US, if not from TV shows, it is from what we learn about it (history, general education). I find it so odd that it is not the other way around. Is it lack of knowledge (school knowledge I am referring to) about the EU? Did you guys get a lot of that in schools?

We mostly get western history prior to the world wars, it’s pretty minimal honestly. I mostly know the major money symbols because they come up in my phone’s keyboard: Euro, Yen, and Pound Sterling.

lapushka
November 3rd, 2020, 03:28 PM
We mostly get western history prior to the world wars, it’s pretty minimal honestly. I mostly know the major money symbols because they come up in my phone’s keyboard: Euro, Yen, and Pound Sterling.

Aaah, handy! :D

That's a bummer. I mean, on our curriculum are a lot of languages and we still manage to get a lot of history in, as well as math, economy, some latin, if that's what you prefer. Latin and then Economics/math or Economics/languages are 2 major "outlines" of curricula in this country. Of course there's more choices but those are quite the main ones (in my day at least). I'm 48. I went the Economics and math route after a couple years of latin, and for my final 2 years went with languages and economics (still got math but 2H instead of 6).

Boy, way OT. :lol: ;)

UncommonTart
November 3rd, 2020, 03:47 PM

The EU wasn't a thing for most of my school career, but we pretty much got Western Civ from the Greeks and Romans foreward to World Wars One and Two (With a week in there somewhere for early Eastern Civ) and US history from the Revolutionary war up to Kennedy. (And I went to school in the eighties and nineties.) There's so much time wasted on standardised testing and making sure everyone knows what's on the tests that we just... run out of time for modern history.

The US school system has a lot to answer for. I was in my twenties before I learned (while following wikipedia rabbit holes, IIRC) about things like the bombing of Tulsa, and WE did that. To our own people.

MusicalSpoons
November 3rd, 2020, 04:22 PM

I find your surprise surprising. This lack of wider knowledge is yes, a stereotype, but stereotypes tend to have a basis of truth - and this lack of wider knowledge seems to fall under the umbrella of benign ignorance: not knowing just because it's not been taught and they've had no other reason to find it out.

What we learn at school we tend to forget unless we put it to use, and what we learn after school is either through having a reason to come into contact with that knowledge or through curiosity about things we don't know. And quite honestly, 'American culture' is dominant. How many European TV shows go over there? How many Americans need to ever look at anything in a currency other than USD, unless they're travelling internationally? Even Canadian, Mexican, and nearly half of the Southern American currencies use the dollar sign (thank you curiosity and Google :wink:), not to mention the countries that use it in the rest of the world.

The Euro is just not comparable, and especially if someone's never left the USA and hasn't been taught it, I don't see any reason they would encounter it other than curiosity and expanding their own knowledge (which includes reading around).

(Edit: Latin? Man, we haven't had that in state schools for a couple of generations, only private schools. It's one I wish I'd been able learn; I love etymology. Come to think of it, the only person I actually personally know who learned Latin at school is a German friend in his 40s. I don't even know if they teach Leon at private school any more either.)

Anyway, to the thread at hand: I kinda wish they'd not discontinued Timotei 0% shampoo. I don't know that my scalp would like it now because it contained SLES, but it was just a nice, simple tea tree shampoo (and cheap, which is always good). I'd have happily recommended it to people looking for something simple to clarify.

lapushka
November 3rd, 2020, 04:32 PM
I find your surprise surprising. This lack of wider knowledge is yes, a stereotype, but stereotypes tend to have a basis of truth - and this lack of wider knowledge seems to fall under the umbrella of benign ignorance: not knowing just because it's not been taught and they've had no other reason to find it out.

What we learn at school we tend to forget unless we put it to use, and what we learn after school is either through having a reason to come into contact with that knowledge or through curiosity about things we don't know. And quite honestly, 'American culture' is dominant. How many European TV shows go over there? How many Americans need to ever look at anything in a currency other than USD, unless they're travelling internationally? Even Canadian, Mexican, and nearly half of the Southern American currencies use the dollar sign (thank you curiosity and Google :wink:), not to mention the countries that use it in the rest of the world.

The Euro is just not comparable, and especially if someone's never left the USA and hasn't been taught it, I don't see any reason they would encounter it other than curiosity and expanding their own knowledge (which includes reading around).

(Edit: Latin? Man, we haven't had that in state schools for a couple of generations, only private schools. It's one I wish I'd been able learn; I love etymology. Come to think of it, the only person I actually personally know who learned Latin at school is a German friend in his 40s. I don't even know if they teach Leon at private school any more either.)

Anyway, to the thread at hand: I kinda wish they'd not discontinued Timotei 0% shampoo. I don't know that my scalp would like it now because it contained SLES, but it was just a nice, simple tea tree shampoo (and cheap, which is always good). I'd have happily recommended it to people looking for something simple to clarify.

When you have learned or had a firm grasp of the basics of Latin, German's grammar system is a breeze!

MusicalSpoons
November 3rd, 2020, 04:36 PM
When you have learned or had a firm grasp of the basics of Latin, German's grammar system is a breeze!

Funnily enough German is the language I took the furthest :D made so much more sense to me than English!

lapushka
November 4th, 2020, 11:50 AM
Funnily enough German is the language I took the furthest :D made so much more sense to me than English!

That is awesome, Spoons. Deutsch ist eine shöne Sprache! (German is a beautiful language).

On those other things, I guess it is that way, we know so much about the US, but it doesn't go the other way.

Totally get it why it would be harder for people to know about some of the signs, rules, symbols. It's often not that well-known. :)

Scream-Queen
November 4th, 2020, 02:17 PM
Definitely miss the old herbal essences rose hip line and the old suave coconut... Such goodies ):

lapushka
November 4th, 2020, 02:40 PM
Definitely miss the old herbal essences rose hip line and the old suave coconut... Such goodies ):

We don't even get the new Herbal Essences here in Belgium. Can't find it anywhere. Wish we had Suave or VO5, but we have shampoos and conditioners a little more expensive as our most "cheap" ones. I'm then talking about Garnier Fructis, Garnier Ultra Doux (the Blends line) or Pantene. Aldi & Lidl do their own brands and that is for sure the cheapest we can get. I'm then talking about conditioner (200ml) for €2.19. Still a lot, in my book, but hey, what can you do. :shrug:

Scream-Queen
November 4th, 2020, 03:56 PM
We don't even get the new Herbal Essences here in Belgium. Can't find it anywhere. Wish we had Suave or VO5, but we have shampoos and conditioners a little more expensive as our most "cheap" ones. I'm then talking about Garnier Fructis, Garnier Ultra Doux (the Blends line) or Pantene. Aldi & Lidl do their own brands and that is for sure the cheapest we can get. I'm then talking about conditioner (200ml) for €2.19. Still a lot, in my book, but hey, what can you do. :shrug:

No way?! Such a bummer! I read in a few posts your absolute fav is the coconut blue bottle? Do you still use it/have it there? I loved that one but I guess my hair is a little protein sensitive to the silk amino in it :rolleyes: wish it wasnt.. Love the smell!

MusicalSpoons
November 4th, 2020, 04:06 PM
*cough* just gonna mention HEHH is still available over here, and if you buy in bulk the postage may well be worth it ... :whistle:

Vacurlylady
November 4th, 2020, 04:39 PM
I do wished they hadn’t discontinued Perfectly Undone Tresemme. Why do they discontinue products I wonder. 🤔

And on another note, I’m 61 and took Latin a couple years in High School in the US. I don’t remember much, but it was taught back then. And, also, I’m now going to be learning all about the € because our military son, his wife and our one and only grandson (3 months old) just transferred to Germany. I’m excited for them but sad for us. We won’t know when we will get to see them again because of the present situation with Covid and travel. Thankfully we have FaceTime, etc. But it won’t be the same.

Bri-Chan
November 5th, 2020, 12:31 PM
(jumping here to say, here in a lot of high schools people study Latin, for 2 or 5 year usually. I studied Latin for 5 years and latin literature for 3 years. In high school you can study ancient Greek too.
I've actually have a degree in German. Usually German is seen as a difficult language here in Italy. Spanish and French are a lot more popular, probably because more similar to Italian :) )

lapushka
November 5th, 2020, 02:13 PM
No way?! Such a bummer! I read in a few posts your absolute fav is the coconut blue bottle? Do you still use it/have it there? I loved that one but I guess my hair is a little protein sensitive to the silk amino in it :rolleyes: wish it wasnt.. Love the smell!

I have a small backup stash. :o :D I'm slowly going through it, using a bottle here and there. But I have so much to use up, that I'd rather "save" it. But... hey I might as well start using it up. :shrug:

I am protein sensitive as well, quite, and this I can handle perfectly fine!

lapushka
November 5th, 2020, 02:15 PM
*cough* just gonna mention HEHH is still available over here, and if you buy in bulk the postage may well be worth it ... :whistle:

Naughty naughty Spoons! :lol: ;) :p

I do wished they hadn’t discontinued Perfectly Undone Tresemme. Why do they discontinue products I wonder. ��

And on another note, I’m 61 and took Latin a couple years in High School in the US. I don’t remember much, but it was taught back then. And, also, I’m now going to be learning all about the € because our military son, his wife and our one and only grandson (3 months old) just transferred to Germany. I’m excited for them but sad for us. We won’t know when we will get to see them again because of the present situation with Covid and travel. Thankfully we have FaceTime, etc. But it won’t be the same.

You got a great base to study German, from that little latin that you did get, trust me! The grammar is going to be much easier!

(jumping here to say, here in a lot of high schools people study Latin, for 2 or 5 year usually. I studied Latin for 5 years and latin literature for 3 years. In high school you can study ancient Greek too.
I've actually have a degree in German. Usually German is seen as a difficult language here in Italy. Spanish and French are a lot more popular, probably because more similar to Italian :) )

That's great schooling, Bri! :thumbsup:

Vacurlylady
November 6th, 2020, 12:40 PM
You got a great base to study German, from that little latin that you did get, trust me! The grammar is going to be much easier!

:

That is nice to know because I know they are going to try and have our little grandson be bi-lingual. 😊 His Grammy should learn with him.

Dark40
November 6th, 2020, 01:14 PM

Hey, they are still selling the old herbal essences rose hip line online at Walmart's website. I'm not sure how much shipping would be to get it to your location but I buy it all of the time the herbal essence rose hip conditioner all of the time! Yes, both that and the old suave coconut are such goodies is right :)

lapushka
November 6th, 2020, 01:19 PM
That is nice to know because I know they are going to try and have our little grandson be bi-lingual. �� His Grammy should learn with him.

Actually, and don't laugh at me, but it is a great way to start to learn a language, from the ground up, with baby's first words, his first books, that way you sort of "grow up" in a different language. It's an awesome idea actually to learn along with your grandson! :thumbsup:

Dark40
November 6th, 2020, 01:22 PM

Yeah, HEHH is also still being sold here on my end as well! I always buy in bulk and stock up on it too. :whistle:

I do wished they hadn’t discontinued Perfectly Undone Tresemme. Why do they discontinue products I wonder. ��

Awwww, I'm so sorry they've discontinued the Tresemme products in your country. (: It is still being sold in my country the US! You can buy it online at anyone of the drug store websites like: Walmart, Walgreens, Target, and CVS Pharmacy. I don't know how much the shipping cost would be for you but I think it's worth a try.

sapphire-o
November 9th, 2020, 04:09 AM
Does anyone still remember Dairy Whip shampoos? I loved them and when they discontinued I bought similar stuff from an Etsy seller, but he stopped making those, too. It reminds me of my childhood when we all used solid/cream shampoos. I used to buy a little pack in a corner store before going to the bath house.

Vacurlylady
November 9th, 2020, 06:34 AM
Actually, and don't laugh at me, but it is a great way to start to learn a language, from the ground up, with baby's first words, his first books, that way you sort of "grow up" in a different language. It's an awesome idea actually to learn along with your grandson! :thumbsup:

I am not laughing at you. I’m excited for him to learn. And it’s a great way to bond with him! Even though we are on different sides of the world, my plan is to be a very involved with him emotionally. My daughter in law mentioned German Sesame Street. 😊. Wonder if I can look it up on Utube. 🤔

Vacurlylady
November 9th, 2020, 06:42 AM
Awwww, I'm so sorry they've discontinued the Tresemme products in your country. (: It is still being sold in my country the US! You can buy it online at anyone of the drug store websites like: Walmart, Walgreens, Target, and CVS Pharmacy. I don't know how much the shipping cost would be for you but I think it's worth a try.

I actually live in the US. And, yes, there are other Tresemme products available in the stores, but no Perfectly UnDone!!! 😕 I haven’t looked on Amazon recently, the last time I purchased it the price was going very high.

lapushka
November 9th, 2020, 05:04 PM
I am not laughing at you. I’m excited for him to learn. And it’s a great way to bond with him! Even though we are on different sides of the world, my plan is to be a very involved with him emotionally. My daughter in law mentioned German Sesame Street. ��. Wonder if I can look it up on Utube. ��

Look for "Sesamstrasse", that's German for Sesame Street. :)

Obsidian
November 9th, 2020, 06:28 PM
citre shine, it was the first brand that I noticed actually doing something different for my hair and oh man, it smelled so good.

Bri-Chan
November 10th, 2020, 03:40 AM
Now that I discovered Garnier Ultra Dolce / Ultra Doux / Ultimate blends coconuts and macadamia shampoo was discontinued in my country I'm kinda sad, because I was planning to re-buy it again soon.

Dark40
November 10th, 2020, 09:00 PM
I was also very sad when I noticed that the "Creme Of Nature Company," discontinued the old Creme Of Nature Detangling Shampoo. It was a creamy shampoo combined with conditioner in it, and it really detangled your hair leaving it feeling nice, soft, and shiny. That sure bring back some good old memories of my childhood. I mean, they still sell the Creme Of Nature Shampoo but it's not the detangling one anymore. I was so saddened when they stopped selling that or they discontinued it in my country.

GordonMurphella
November 12th, 2020, 04:20 AM
citre shine, it was the first brand that I noticed actually doing something different for my hair and oh man, it smelled so good.

Hadn't thought of this stuff in years! Instant scent-memory. It was great.

I also miss Tresemme Perfectly Undone. You'd think that there would be other Tresemme lines that compare, and believe me I've read a gazillion ingredient lists, but nooooooooooooo.

Dark40
November 12th, 2020, 08:48 AM
I actually live in the US. And, yes, there are other Tresemme products available in the stores, but no Perfectly UnDone!!! �� I haven’t looked on Amazon recently, the last time I purchased it the price was going very high.

Ok yeah, I see that on your profile that you live in the US, and yes, you are right that even though Tresemme products are available in the stores it's not Perfectly UnDone!!! I haven't looked on Amazon recently either. Yes, I've never hardly purchased it or regularly use it but I've seen in stores how very high the price is high.

Dark40
November 12th, 2020, 08:50 AM
I am sooooo very saddened that Pantene Pro-V has discontinued the Strengthening Complex Spray. :( I had found a little bottle with only a little bit in it, and I will be very saddened again once it's all gone. :(

renia22
March 15th, 2021, 09:03 AM
Not discontinued, but Suave reformulated their products a while back, and the Daily Clarifying shampoo (plus all of the other ones) is now sulfate free, and absolutely terrible. Lots of complaints, and they were going to change it back, but I looked yesterday, and they haven’t yet. :(

bparnell75
March 15th, 2021, 12:14 PM
Auzzie product that had that marvelous grape smell.

renia22
March 19th, 2021, 12:43 PM
These Nirvana color enhancing shampoos were great, I used them from the 00s, until they disappeared in the earlier part of the 10s. Very similar to these Halsa shampoos from the 80s, or the Aveda color enhancing shampoos that you can still buy in liter sizes.. There are some other companies called Nirvana now, but I don’t think any of them are the same one as the company who made these?

https://i.ibb.co/py0jv0P/EC57-BC59-8-AB0-412-A-95-B8-1-A2-A69-B62-A8-E.jpg (https://ibb.co/5FMhWM9)
https://i.ibb.co/QP4W8Dv/02-EBAF49-7166-42-E1-AE62-8995-F4-D81-E2-E.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)
https://i.ibb.co/bJd4TjS/0-AF40212-B83-E-4-C75-A0-C7-EE6-E1075587-C.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)
https://i.ibb.co/khKB90D/B3-E0-E097-2-F15-46-E0-9-F39-CB3-E7-B89-D04-F.jpg (https://ibb.co/Jznty2p)
https://i.ibb.co/GPXP1fD/4661-AA8-D-383-A-4-BD6-B512-7-A2942-BE906-F.jpg (https://ibb.co/ThZhnDG)
https://i.ibb.co/gTYWC45/6-E05-E482-FDC3-49-CA-AC1-D-65-E02983517-C.jpg (https://ibb.co/4TkSx16)

renia22
July 6th, 2021, 02:44 PM
Check out this old photo I found. Not sure what year this from, but I’m guessing this might be from around 2000-2006. I loved the Physique in the classy silver bottles, they had a lovely clarifying shampoo around 2000. Also Thermasilk, these Herbal Essences, Finesse (still around), Neutrogena, Citrashine, the old style Aussie, L’Oreal Studio Line styling products...I’d have a field day shopping in this haircare aisle:

https://i.ibb.co/WnxPX33/D418-D1-AD-7-D03-4222-B348-E66-C67-BDEFAC.jpg (https://ibb.co/H7Fxy22)

GabrielleRose
July 7th, 2021, 08:27 AM
Pantene color expressions for dark blondes. Smelled so pretty, made my hair super shiny and I always got compliments since it did seem to enhance my natural color.

I also miss the Pantene beautiful lengths shampoo when it was in a squeeze tube as well as the beautiful lengths conditioner in the tub. They had a nice perfume like peach scent.

GabrielleRose
July 7th, 2021, 08:28 AM
I'd love to shop this haircare aisle!

I miss those thermasilk commercials!

paulownia
July 7th, 2021, 10:55 AM
Garnier Whole Blends Blonde Illuminator line, mostly shampoo;) it got discontinued in Sweden a 2-3 years ago.
No other camomile shampoo smells that good.

lapushka
July 7th, 2021, 11:05 AM
That looks like heaven. Our Kruidvat has a pretty decent shelving too in store, but you have to imagine 250ml & 200ml bottles compared to this *wall* of stuffs. Oh man. One of each, please. ;)

Ylva
July 7th, 2021, 11:18 AM
Garnier Whole Blends Blonde Illuminator line, mostly shampoo;) it got discontinued in Sweden a 2-3 years ago.
No other camomile shampoo smells that good.

I have used a few bottles of that and have one unopened, I think. I quite like the shampoo, but the scent was not at all to my liking! It always reminded me of "cheap hand soap" :D How different our tastes can be!

yamsha23
July 7th, 2021, 12:55 PM
Not really discontinued but the Loreal lipidium mask has been changed... its now a new formulation with quinoa... was my favorite mask :'(

renia22
July 7th, 2021, 03:13 PM
^ Changing the formula oftentimes ruins the product completely, I hate that too.

GabrielleRose- I liked those Thermasilk commercials too- the 00s fire breathing dragon/ sorcerer ones, and the 90s ones that were similar to the 80s Silkience commercials, that showed what happened to hair under heat with their products. I loved using them and then drying my hair :D.

MermaidLuna
August 14th, 2021, 11:01 PM
Foxbrim Natural's detangling spray. :(

MoonLady
September 2nd, 2021, 06:44 PM
OGX Sea mineral moisture! I loved the smell and it always made my hair SO soft

aloewurly
November 30th, 2021, 12:27 AM
Elvive Royal Jelly line. They're still made in my country, but only the shampoo and conditioner. Before that we had like three leave ins and two deep conditioners :(
Also, the Elvive hydrating collagen line for curls is fully discontinued here. And also the pink collagen line. I miss them so much, even though they gave me terrible buildup in the long run :lol:

missmelaniem
November 30th, 2021, 06:03 AM

Way back, Revlon put out a shampoo called Milk Plus 6. For coney girls, it was heaven. I also miss Agree shampoo/condish for the scent.

These were amazing. I miss the Revlon Balsam shampoos. I also miss Faberge Wheat Germ Oil and Honey, and the whole Earth Born line.

I know Euro because Ive traveled there (I'm half German) I remember Deutsch Marks too, but that just makes me sound even older lol. Its something most americans dont think about unless they are huge media/news consumers, I think.

blackgothicdoll
December 6th, 2021, 08:13 AM

Please don't think the overall knowledge of "Americans" is summed up by one person on a forum. I believe a very large percentage of us do know what the symbol for euros means.

mermaid lullaby
December 6th, 2021, 10:18 AM
I wish the Aussie Gloss Over didn't discontinue.
That's my most favorite product! I feel bad for hoarding it but...I gotta stock up! I have three bottles.

lapushka
December 6th, 2021, 10:22 AM
These were amazing. I miss the Revlon Balsam shampoos. I also miss Faberge Wheat Germ Oil and Honey, and the whole Earth Born line.

I know Euro because Ive traveled there (I'm half German) I remember Deutsch Marks too, but that just makes me sound even older lol. Its something most americans dont think about unless they are huge media/news consumers, I think.

Yes, I was amazed at that, but the US is so big, why think outside the box/country? Right?

Yes, I remember Deutsch marks too. And Belgian Francs. OMG. My mom still calculates everything into Belgian Francs, BTW. I don't. I have to "think" in Euros or I'll go nuts. :lol:

mermaid lullaby
December 6th, 2021, 10:59 AM
(I'm chuckling and not offended by any means!)
I'm an American, and it sounds a bit far fetched to me, maybe it was misunderstood in a conversation?

As far as I know, we were taught in math how to convert dollars to Euros or Peso (Mexican currency) in elementary school, I think 5th grade?
But I'll admit and we are a little odd, we do have a fascination with other countries currencies such as, coins or paper money. We will sit there, looking at the details because we rarely see paper money or coins from other countries. Sometimes, we will make coin pendants to wear as necklaces. I promise, we know what Euros are :)

blackgothicdoll
December 6th, 2021, 08:26 PM
(I'm chuckling and not offended by any means!)
I'm an American, and it sounds a bit far fetched to me, maybe it was misunderstood in a conversation?

As far as I know, we were taught in math how to convert dollars to Euros or Peso (Mexican currency) in elementary school, I think 5th grade?
But I'll admit and we are a little odd, we do have a fascination with other countries currencies such as, coins or paper money. We will sit there, looking at the details because we rarely see paper money or coins from other countries. Sometimes, we will make coin pendants to wear as necklaces. I promise, we know what Euros are :)

This also isn't weird. While in Portugal my tour guide asked to rifle through the pages of my American passport so she could identify the landmarks. I thought that was very funny as I never paid attention to it. I grew up with a lot of coins from other countries as my dad kept a giant jar of coins, a lot of different things got mixed in there and i loved sorting through them as a little girl.

That being said, I hold onto my Euros, one because I'll always go back to Europe, there's so much history, and two, the paper money is also super pretty. It's more worth having since currency conversion overseas is so expensive. But no, I won't say I have the conversions memorized. I use an app for that.

Now to actually contribute to the thread, the garnier whole blends in the dark blue bottle (coconut milk and vanilla water I think) was so good. Even online it's twice what it's worth.

MusicalSpoons
December 6th, 2021, 09:26 PM
Y'know, I'd never considered currency conversions as having rates that one could learn (unlike measures of weight, distance, volume, etc.) because they're constantly changing - but actually I do have my own rough mental benchmarks for estimating conversions, and only look up the current rates when I need to be more precise. We weren't taught them in school though; any currency conversion questions were with given conversion rates as an exercise in how to convert, not for needing to memorise any rates.

(I don't have anything to contribute to the thread topic at the moment, sorry.)

Ylva
December 7th, 2021, 05:01 AM
Y'know, I'd never considered currency conversions as having rates that one could learn (unlike measures of weight, distance, volume, etc.) because they're constantly changing - but actually I do have my own rough mental benchmarks for estimating conversions, and only look up the current rates when I need to be more precise. We weren't taught them in school though; any currency conversion questions were with given conversion rates as an exercise in how to convert, not for needing to memorise any rates.

That is how I do it as well - the approximate mental benchmarks, that is, and then look up the exact values when needed. I can do rough conversions between EUR, USD, GBB, SEK, and NOK, but I cannot go from SEK/NOK to USD or GBB, I have to go through EUR. :lol:

My parents like to convert prices to Finnish marks, but I guess I've never really seen the point in doing that even though that was the currency of my childhood.

This was a fun little conversation to follow even though it had nothing to do with the topic of the thread! :)

Solovey
December 8th, 2021, 09:06 PM
I was just thinking about this Vo5 Shea cashmere conditioner I use to use and apparently they don't sell it anymore and now I'm sad.

Oh and almost every time I get attached to a Tresemme product they get rid of it so now I don't buy anything Tresemme 😂 is that harsh?

blackgothicdoll
December 8th, 2021, 11:30 PM
I was just thinking about this Vo5 Shea cashmere conditioner I use to use and apparently they don't sell it anymore and now I'm sad.

Oh and almost every time I get attached to a Tresemme product they get rid of it so now I don't buy anything Tresemme 😂 is that harsh?

I've stopped seeing tresemme botanique as often so I snatch it when I see it in stores and hoard... I mean... stock up online. Tresseme and Garnier both like to play these games with me. When I find a product I like I buy a ton of it for this exact reason. I still have 4 bottles of whole blends Legendary Olive to work through. :o

Eta: by botanique I'm referring to the coconut and aloe vera formula that comes in the wider-on-top bottle. The newer version in the cylinder bottle that says "with jasmine" was just horrific for my hair, though it smelled better.

missmelaniem
December 9th, 2021, 04:34 AM
Yes, I was amazed at that, but the US is so big, why think outside the box/country? Right?

Yes, I remember Deutsch marks too. And Belgian Francs. OMG. My mom still calculates everything into Belgian Francs, BTW. I don't. I have to "think" in Euros or I'll go nuts. :lol:

That’s so funny that your mom does that. The only conversions I have in my head are pound sterling +/- $1.50 and euro at around $ 1.15 or so (I haven’t checked lately). I should know Canadian dollar conversion but I just don’t :D

Hedwig
December 9th, 2021, 11:00 AM
I've stopped seeing tresemme botanique as often so I snatch it when I see it in stores and hoard... I mean... stock up online. Tresseme and Garnier both like to play these games with me. When I find a product I like I buy a ton of it for this exact reason. I still have 4 bottles of whole blends Legendary Olive to work through. :o

Eta: by botanique I'm referring to the coconut and aloe vera formula that comes in the wider-on-top bottle. The newer version in the cylinder bottle that says "with jasmine" was just horrific for my hair, though it smelled better.

Do they not make the whole blends line anymore?

Solovey
December 9th, 2021, 11:28 AM

For me it was Tresemme naturals with Aloe and Avocado oil that my hair adored, I went to get more after running out thinking it would be there like normal and never saw it again(There was something else too that was older than that I can't remember the name of).

Whole Blends is weird because there's different product lines in different stores around me, I'll be super upset if they stop selling the maple though since I can only find it at a dollar store near me and I hope that means they're not liquidating stock(I have several bottles right now though after I realized it's a HG for me)

lapushka
December 9th, 2021, 04:21 PM
That’s so funny that your mom does that. The only conversions I have in my head are pound sterling +/- $1.50 and euro at around $ 1.15 or so (I haven’t checked lately). I should know Canadian dollar conversion but I just don’t :D

I always sort of think of euro/dollar amounts being equal, with sometimes the euro dropping below, sometimes the dollar doing that.

MusicalSpoons
December 9th, 2021, 04:58 PM
I can completely understand converting to a previous currency, to compare prices now with prices in years past. We haven't had a currency change here but I do mentally bemoan the never-ending price increase of daily necessities, and I am definitely the kind of person that would be converting just for my own reference if I ever experienced a change in currency.

To the topic, I can't remember whether I've mentioned it in the thread already but I have a feeling they have reformulated Garnier Ultimate Blends cranberry and argan conditioner to include amodimethicone. I haven't been shopping in person for longer than I can remember so the original one may possibly be in some physical shops, but online it all seems to be the amodimethicone formula :( I hoped before that it was just an anomaly but it does seem to be (if you'll forgive the pandemic parlance) the dominant variant here *pouts*

blackgothicdoll
December 9th, 2021, 10:55 PM
Do they not make the whole blends line anymore?

They make plenty of the line, but randomly discontinued certain flavors, legendary olive being one of them. Oddly enough, I think the shampoo and conditioner are still around, just not the leave in.

And another one, Biolage 3 Butter. Can find the shampoo but not the conditioner or cream, which were just amazing. It wasn't around for long to begin with.

FairRosamund
December 27th, 2021, 12:18 AM
I really miss the Shea Moisture low porosity line! I used the Smooth & Tame Argan Oil & Almond Milk shampoo and conditioner about 2-3 years ago. My hair was in the best condition when I was using these products!

zhivago
January 2nd, 2022, 03:11 PM
Garnier Ultimate Blends 'The Silky Smoother', never loved a shampoo more, it smelled like vanilla and made my hair so nice. sob

embee
January 10th, 2022, 03:59 PM
I miss Mei Fa hairsticks. That was my first and I never really found any that I liked better than Mei Fa. Now they're gone, gotta be careful with mine!

Cyclamen
January 20th, 2022, 03:26 PM
I miss fancier line of Nature's Gate. Lemon Verbena conditioner was super moisturing.

Dark40
July 23rd, 2023, 05:40 PM
Garnier Ultimate Blends 'The Silky Smoother', never loved a shampoo more, it smelled like vanilla and made my hair so nice. sob

Oh yeah, I also love the Garnier Ultimate Blends, "The Silky Smoother" as well! :) Yes, I do remember it smelling like vanilla. I bet it did make your hair very nice. sob

renia22
July 28th, 2023, 12:21 PM
Focus 21 (1980- about 2013 or so) is a discontinued cult favorite brand that’s actually being brought back (yay!). I loved this Sea Plasma Hair & Skin Moisturizer. It had a great scent, like the actual ocean smells, but clean (not like an aquatic perfume).

The woman who is bringing it back is working with a perfumer to get the scent right, and I hope she does, because that was one of the best parts. Covid stalled production, but it’s supposed to be back on the market in the fall:

https://i.ibb.co/wpqfD3W/IMG-4491.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

https://seaplasmahair.com/about.html#