PDA

View Full Version : Apple Cider Vinegar

longhairdreamee
September 5th, 2019, 12:01 PM
I have used the search function, but wanted to hear everyones updated use of this product!

1. How often do you wash your hair?
2. How often are you using an ACV rinse with those washes?

I did my first ACV last night, and my dull, weighed down hair feels and looks amazing. So I am wondering if this is something I should be doing every wash. (diluted about 1/4 cup in a half gallon mason jar) I do have finer, thinner hair, so I wash about every 3ish days depending on what I am doing.

cactuses
September 5th, 2019, 12:11 PM
Hello,
Now that it's getting colder where I live I only need to wash my hair once a week. I tend to do ACV rinses every other wash day, so that leads to twice a month.

guska
September 5th, 2019, 12:34 PM
I wash my hair about two times a week and use ACV every single wash, it's replaced commercial conditioner for me. My solution is heavily diluted, four teaspoons of ACV in 800ml of water. I wrote more about my method in the random hair thoughts thread, if you are interested.

longhairdreamee
September 5th, 2019, 12:41 PM
I wash my hair about two times a week and use ACV every single wash, it's replaced commercial conditioner for me. My solution is heavily diluted, four teaspoons of ACV in 800ml of water. I wrote more about my method in the random hair thoughts thread, if you are interested.

I am interested! I will go on and try to find that :-) Thank you!!

gin
September 5th, 2019, 12:47 PM
I have used the search function, but wanted to hear everyones updated use of this product!

1. How often do you wash your hair?
2. How often are you using an ACV rinse with those washes?

I did my first ACV last night, and my dull, weighed down hair feels and looks amazing. So I am wondering if this is something I should be doing every wash. (diluted about 1/4 cup in a half gallon mason jar) I do have finer, thinner hair, so I wash about every 3ish days depending on what I am doing.

I'm similar to guska. I wash twice a week and I use ACV as a final rinse every wash, and I don't rinse it out, I just leave it in. I mix 2 tablespoons in 16oz (2 cups) of cold water, or 3 tbsp in 24oz (so basically, 1tbsp per 8oz). This has worked very well for me in many respects, my hair looks great and it detangles after washing very easily. Thanks to guska's discovery I also have replaced conditioner with ACV for the most part. I still lightly apply oil and conditioner to my ends.

TatsuOni
September 6th, 2019, 10:18 AM
1. Every other week or less.
2. After every wash. Mainly to slow down the mineral build up from or hard water.