PDA

View Full Version : Looking for deep conditioner recommendations

NicoleJean
September 3rd, 2019, 02:35 PM
Please share which deep conditioner/ mask you love the most. I’m looking for new ones to try. I use it every time I wash and believe this helps my hair stay as nice as It is which is amazing because about 4 years of my hair growth was flat ironed almost daily.

Ones I’ve already tried are:
Neutrogena Triple moisture mask
Garnier Fructis mask
It’s a 10 Miracle hair mask

My favorite ever made by Framesi was discontinued :( I haven’t been able to find one I like as much since.

Thank you everyone!

milosmomma
September 3rd, 2019, 06:04 PM
Hi there! I also use a deep conditioner every wash. I feel like it really helps keep my hair strong and moisturized. I used to use cones but have been cone free for about a year, maybe a little longer now. My favorite and the one I am hooked on is Eden bodyworks almond marshmallow. It has superb slip for being cone free. It claims to be a split end repair mask but we all know the story of splits, they can only be cured by trimming them out. I believe it does help prevent them though. I seem to get less this time growing my hair compared to my last round of growing. I had loads, but was also bleached and dyed with heat damage to boot, so I guess my hair is just generally in better condition nowadays. It is reasonably priced at about 8-10 USD for 16oz jar/tub depending on where you find it. I shop online and will usually pick the in store pick up option to sneak out of the shipping fee.

Seeshami
September 3rd, 2019, 08:46 PM
Moroccan Oil's Restorative Hair Mask is my current hair mask. I really like it. But I also love both versions of Aussie's 3 minute miracle.

gin
September 3rd, 2019, 10:40 PM
I haven't tried many, but the Hask deep conditioner packets have worked for me, and they're silicone free for the most part. The Keratin (red) and Orchid/Truffle ones (light pink) worked GREAT for me, the Argan (yellow) and Coconut Oil (aqua blue) ones were good but not great.

Simpscone
September 4th, 2019, 02:02 AM
My favourites are the Garnier Hair Food Masks! I've used the Papaya one and I'm currently using Banana, they smell amazing and leave my hair feeling so soft. They're cone free and CG-approved if that matters to you!

Hiyotoris
September 4th, 2019, 08:42 AM
I've recently been using Garniers hair food papaya mask and I really like it! If your hair isn't protein sensitive I'd recommend Shea moistures black castor oil hair mask!

Hedwig
September 4th, 2019, 10:41 AM
You could also check out the Garnier Whole Blends (or Ultimate Blends - depending on your location the name might differ) line! There's tons of great lines to choose from. I really liked the Almond mask as a deep conditioner when my hair was recovering from some serious chemical dye damage.

lapushka
September 4th, 2019, 10:42 AM
My favourites are the Garnier Hair Food Masks! I've used the Papaya one and I'm currently using Banana, they smell amazing and leave my hair feeling so soft. They're cone free and CG-approved if that matters to you!

They are amazing and are called Garnier Fructis "treats" in the US, I believe. I'm not sure where the OP is from, though!

Dark40
September 4th, 2019, 12:37 PM
I would recommend Garnier Fructis Banana Hair Mask and Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream. I've always used the Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream for many years, and it has really worked my hair lots of wonders! I've just started using the Garnier Fructis Banana Hair Mask 3 months ago, and I also love it as well!

NicoleJean
September 5th, 2019, 01:54 AM
My hair is protein sensitive! Anytime
I use keratin, protein or things like coconut oil my hair is so much drier and a nightmare. Takes me a few washes and deep conditioning of regular products to undo the drying from protein.

I’ve only tried products with silicones but I’m open to trying cone free.

Seems like the garnier ones are really popular. I tried one a couple years ago but forgot which one it was. I think I’ll pick up a few to try again since the are readily available.

I’m in the U.S. I’ll probably try everything. I’m feeling adventurous lately and bored with my usually products.

RottenMango
September 10th, 2019, 03:46 PM
Raw Sugar Healing Masque
Raw Sugar All That Shines Masque
Not Your Mother’s Apple Blossom & Matcha Green Tea Masque

Dark40
September 11th, 2019, 07:06 PM
NicoleJean, Yes, I know the feeling of getting bored with your usual products. I get adventurous sometimes too, and want to try out new things. But most of the deep conditioners I use don't have protein in them. My hair can tolerate so much protein too. If I use a deep conditioner with protein in it it's very light. It's a balance of moisture and protein.

FlowerDance
September 11th, 2019, 11:57 PM
Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask by Professional Series is one of the very few hair masks that has really made a difference for me! It's so moisturizing and makes my hair so silky and soft! They suggest using it once or twice a week...but I think it's even great as an every day conditioner!😂