PDA

View Full Version : Another entertaining hair conversation

misstwist
November 7th, 2008, 07:27 PM
So, I put my hair up this morning (braided bun) and walked out into the living room. I said to husband, "I require a compliment on this hairstyle." He said, "It looks very intricate."

Conversation about the communication efficiency of telling him what he should say about my hair ensued. He suggested that when I hear in response to such a demand "I've never seen anything like that before," or "Wow, just, wow," I should take that as a cue to check the mirror and maybe try again.

Five minutes later I put his breakfast on the table and he comes in and says "You should make a really, really tight bun and post a picture of it and call it the Botox Bun."

He then giggled himself through breakfast, repeating "botox bun" a few times. :D

harley mama
November 7th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Is a Botox bun the same as a mean lady bun? :shrug: ;)
You have a funny hunny! HA! :)

CurlyOne
November 7th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Hahahaha! I like that!

missbexy
November 8th, 2008, 03:48 AM
:D good convo. Normally my bf says 'you always look pretty' or 'your hairs always pretty, long blond and pretty' when I ask if a new updo looks nice. Hard to tell the meaning! Love the 'botox bun' name.
SO's should try and invent updos more often.

Siava
November 8th, 2008, 04:04 AM
I hope you don't hear, "Wow. Just wow," too often. :lol:

Carolyn
November 8th, 2008, 05:47 AM
If only a nice tight bun really would give the effects of Botox!

ChloeDharma
November 8th, 2008, 06:38 AM
"I require a compliment on this hairstyle."

I like the attitude! :p

Over here we would call a botox bun a "croydon facelift"

RoseRedDead
November 8th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Your husband is hilarious. :P Sounds like a good guy!

sahiba
November 8th, 2008, 08:04 AM
At least your guy talks about hair . Almost every time I say "we need to talk " he goes "but not on hair".:flamed:

Xandergrammy
November 8th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Your hubby is funny. My own DH is very tolerant of me and my hair obsession and is my photographer. :gabigrin: He doesn't beat around the bush, though, when a hairdo goes wrong. He says "What the heck do you call THAT thing?".

misstwist
November 8th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Xandergrammy--the only time he has ever gotten in "trouble" has been over a comment about my hair.

I asked him "what do you think?" when I meant "tell me I'm pretty" and he told me what he thought. And I had a fit because what he thought is that he doesn't like the tight spirals I get when I encourage the wave to curl, thinks they look messy (my hair is 3b/3c at chin length and shorter so it will get very curly when I encourage the wave).

There was some heated yelling on my part regarding natural curl and I'm not going to change my hair because society can't cope with women as we come but has to change us (it had been a rough week).

Anyhoo, I'll admit that "I require a compliment on this hairstyle" makes me feel a little like Seven of Nine but it avoids communication errors.

prosperina
November 8th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I like this thread misstwist. It made me laugh. It is a bit Seven of nine (but then star trek references are always good), but it really does avoid communication errors. Men should know we don't necessiarly want to always know everything they think--we just want to hear that we look pretty.

Tangles
November 8th, 2008, 12:20 PM
A lot of guys don't go crazy over updos, honestly. They prefer hair down where they can see it. On the other hand there are those who go nuts over them... let me know when you figure it all out ;)

misstwist
November 9th, 2008, 06:27 AM
I like this thread misstwist. It made me laugh. It is a bit Seven of nine (but then star trek references are always good), but it really does avoid communication errors. Men should know we don't necessiarly want to always know everything they think--we just want to hear that we look pretty.

I'm glad I was able to make people laugh. Silliness is an important part of life. :D

jojo
November 9th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Ha ha i like that botox bun! my hubby calls it my fuddy duddy bun!:silly:

Unofficial_Rose
November 9th, 2008, 02:18 PM
If only a nice tight bun really would give the effects of Botox!

A really tight ponytail is called a "Croydon facelift" in the UK. :p (Croydon is a town in the UK)

carloota
November 9th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Silliness is an important part of life. :D

:agree: I agree. Maturity is SO overrated. :beercheer:

Eryka
November 9th, 2008, 04:16 PM
More compliments on my hair from BF would be nice. If I ask him he says "It looks very nice. Soft and shiny." This is followed by extreme eyebrow arching and fervent head nodding.

I think some of it has to do with all the hair recipes. At any given time I may have an unholy amount of oil in my hair and darling BF doesn't want to get slimed.

A womans hair is kind of like an erupting volcano to men. Inspiring awe and admiration yet at the same time wanting to keep a respectable distance for fear of doing something irrevocable.

Aisha25
November 9th, 2008, 09:09 PM
At least your guy talks about hair . Almost every time I say "we need to talk " he goes "but not on hair".:flamed:
:rollin:...If my boyfriend asks me what I did today he'll first say to me oh god please no hair talks:rolleyes:. :sad

longhairedfairy
November 10th, 2008, 09:12 AM
"Intricate" does sound like a compliment to me:)

Botox Bun! LMAO! Makes me think of Granny Weatherwax's "rock-hard bun" in Terry Pratchett's Discwords novels:D

misstwist
November 10th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Botox Bun! LMAO! Makes me think of Granny Weatherwax's "rock-hard bun" in Terry Pratchett's Discwords novels:D

Funny you should mention. Discworld is my current fun reading. I'm reading Reaper Man right now--husband is on Wyrd Sisters. :D

joyfulmom4
November 10th, 2008, 02:41 PM
LOL! That is so funny.