PDA

View Full Version : What do you like about your current hair length?

Vulgaris
August 28th, 2019, 05:55 AM
Hey there!

I think it's safe to say the most of us are here because we are growing our hair. And I feel I'm not the only one who wants their hair grow faster and already have their hair goal achieved, right?

Because our hair probably doesn't grow any faster - no matter how much we want it to - what if we celebrate our current hair length? What do you like/love about your hair right this current length?

I can go first:

My hair is APL at the moment.

-I'm thinking about dye my hair and I love that my hair is easier to dye when it's not over APL. It's also cheaper when you don't need as much hair color (in this case henna and cassia)

-My hair dries faster than a long hair

-It's long enough to make French and Dutch braids and I can make a bun - double bun are also cute!

-It doesn't take a long time to braid it since it isn't so long yet

-It doesn't get in the way as much it would if it were longer so it's pretty low maintain in a certain way

-It's very easy and fast to brush since it doesn't tangle that much (the longer it gets, the easier it will tangle)

I came up with these things from the top of my head. How about you?

Begemot
August 28th, 2019, 06:24 AM
Mine also probably dries faster at this length and requires less product. I can't claim to love this length (APL too) but I guess it's nice that my ends are pretty fresh and don't have much issues with tangling. My hair doesn't get caught in places the way it does when it's long.

lapushka
August 28th, 2019, 06:59 AM
Well I have reached my goal, so... there's that. I like this length because it's a comfortable length for me. It is long enough to do the updos I like and not too long to get in the way, still not too long that I can enjoy the LOC/LCO method and be able to scrunch.

AdaClare
August 28th, 2019, 08:23 AM
I'm at around waist length, and I'd also say it feels like a comfortable length on me. Long enough for the styles I like, but not so long that it looks like "too much" hair for my small frame.

ThistleTea
August 28th, 2019, 10:01 AM
The shorter my hair is the more apparent the wave is so I enjoy that right now at clavicle length. As it gets longer the wave gets stretched out and less obvious.

Suortuva
August 28th, 2019, 10:35 AM
I'm growing and I'm APL+ at the moment. What I like:
- it's longest my hair has ever been as adult
- so it sometimes feels almost long, I can feel it in my back and it's exciting
- I can do quite a lot of different styles, braids and buns (joys of thin hair...)
- I can use hair toys! I really, really enjoy that part with sticks and forks etc :joy:
ETA: And the curls, it's getting more and more 'curly'!

bparnell75
August 28th, 2019, 11:11 AM
My buns are of decent size. If it were shorter my buns would be so tiny!
current bun size
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48417974476_27712e20e4.jpg

Cg
August 28th, 2019, 11:22 AM
My buns are of decent size. If it were shorter my buns would be so tiny!
current bun size
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48417974476_27712e20e4.jpg

Echo chamber here. Finally, finally, finally my buns are visible even at a distance since about classic.

Dark40
August 28th, 2019, 11:39 AM
Right now my hair is WL. I'm enjoying it at that length. It's long enough to do the styles I like. It's just at the right length that doesn't get in the way of things. I can also dye my hair, and not having to need too much dye for it to come out right.

hennalove
August 28th, 2019, 12:33 PM
Hey there!

I think it's safe to say the most of us are here because we are growing our hair. And I feel I'm not the only one who wants their hair grow faster and already have their hair goal achieved, right?

Because our hair probably doesn't grow any faster - no matter how much we want it to - what if we celebrate our current hair length? What do you like/love about your hair right this current length?

Well at the moment I have a love/hate thing going on with my hair but it's nearing the end of summer so I'm likely just itching for a bit of change. My hair is TBL actually long enough to sit on now so it's pretty much always up. I love that I can make some rather impressive buns and quite quickly too. I hate that I have a bit of new growth so misbehaved hairs that don't like to lay down. I love that returning to blowdrying on low heat is working nicely for me. I hate that a couple of times I've eyed up the flat iron but that's just not going to happen for now. I think what I really love about my hair is it is teaching me patience as well as letting go of perfection. Sounds silly but it works for me.

Elodea
August 28th, 2019, 12:55 PM
It's getting pretty close to classic, my current goal. And I've gotten enough taper back since my last trim that it's easier to do buns like it was before said trim. It's long enough to do some interesting buns/hairstyles. The weight of it is manageable at the moment. I haven't outgrown my favorite hair sticks yet.

bokeh
August 28th, 2019, 01:31 PM
I just measured my bra-strap length hair and I am at 25 inches without pulling down the waves. I love how long it feels to me now! I am planning to grow to waist length and I'm enjoying the process which is a nice change from the desperate and obsessive desire for growth that I experienced when I was just getting started. Collarbone, shoulder and armpit lengths were all a struggle but also a learning process. Somewhere along the line it all started to get easier and I started to relax about where I was in my growth (benign neglect is a beautiful thing). Learning to put my hair into a bun certainly helped along with all the other many styles I have mastered along the way. So, what I like about my current length is that it finally feels long, I can make a bun and many other styles, I never have bad hair days anymore, my hair is easy to care for, I feel more feminine, and I feel unique. In learning to accept my hair, it's texture and other qualities I have somehow learned to accept myself in other ways as well and gained a lot of confidence. It's been quite a journey and I'm looking forward to the next ten months and hoping to make my goal. Just 5 inches to go!

bokeh
August 28th, 2019, 01:33 PM
...and hair toys! I like that I can use hair toys.

HaMalka
August 28th, 2019, 04:16 PM
I like it being a ridiculous fantasy length, the large buns it makes, that I don't need a poof to make my headscarves look good, I can use it to tie a noose around my neck, etc.

soldierssong
August 28th, 2019, 04:49 PM
I love that I can feel it on my arms and can easily put it up into a lot of styles.

My boyfriend LOVES this length on me, very much.
I am about 5 inches away from my goal, so about a year from now, I'll be there!!!

spidermom
August 28th, 2019, 05:22 PM
BSL. I love it because a french twist held with a Ficarre is quick and easy to achieve, and the french twist has been a favorite of mine since my teenage years.

Natalia_A00
August 28th, 2019, 05:23 PM
Mine it's hip length more or less. I like how it looks. And it finally feels LONG to me. I also like who my hair caresses my back as I move or walk

YvetteVarie
August 29th, 2019, 02:00 AM
I'm BSLish. I like this length because it's easy to put my hair up and away in 2 dutch braids. Which is very useful since I have a very handsy 7 month old

Jo Ann
August 29th, 2019, 02:59 AM
My hair is currently hip length, and I SO appreciate not getting it caught in my jeans or zippers when I'm in a rush!

NOTE: Please to not construe as missing my TBL length--I do, but am happy I now have an even hem again.

Siv
August 29th, 2019, 04:27 AM
HL:
it's getting into that "woha that's long!" territory, so I get to feel a bit speshul
the colour is more eye-catching at this length, I think. at least there's more of it lol
my LWBs are head-eating. also any bun I do become a messy-bun so my LWBs look like a really massive messy-bun

Bacs
August 29th, 2019, 06:42 AM
I like having a nice long braid, but still being able to easily get my hair into a bun. My hair is somewhere around my high hip at this point, and is easier to braid the end because it is long enough I can pull the bottom over my shoulder to finish.

I also like that there’s enough weight that some of the natural waviness is straightened out. It’s hard to tell the stretched length because the waviness depends on my hair’s mood of the day but it’s getting hard for it to defy gravity ;)

Sarahlabyrinth
August 29th, 2019, 07:14 AM
I like that my hair is what you might call a fantasy length, that it's relatively a uncommon, length, that I have largish buns now, and that my hair is still just as easy to look after as it was at waist length. I also love that it's still growing.

MoonRabbit
August 29th, 2019, 08:33 AM
I like that it actually feels long. Also there's something majestic about classic.

hinabelle
August 29th, 2019, 10:41 AM
Great idea for a thread, as my impatience regarding hair length needs to be curtailed.
I like that it fits into a hair net at work. Some of the other girls with really long hair have a hard time getting all their hair in the net.

JackintheBox
August 31st, 2019, 01:03 PM
Great idea for a thread!

My hair is getting close to BSL or the male equivalent, so basically somewhere APL+. Since cutting it back from hip in the spring less maintenance and less dry time for sure are big positives. GF likes it at this length. Ponytails are convenient at this length. It's nearly long enough to start wearing a braid again. It doesn't get caught on everything when it's down. It's also easier to see progress and there are more milestones at shorter lengths.

harpgal
August 31st, 2019, 01:49 PM
I have to admit, ankle length was amazing and created the most wonderful braid wrapped around my head. However, knee length is beautiful and makes for nice buns. I probably should add a couple inches to create a better braid wrap, but there are less tangles at knee than ankle. I do love knee length but my favorite is classic.

When my hair is down, it is romantic. When it is in an updo, it is a mystery.

Ligeia Noire
August 31st, 2019, 02:51 PM
Feel it touching my feet when I walk. What a feeling. It is finally looking long to me.

floralgem
August 31st, 2019, 03:15 PM
I'm weird but I like the way braids look at BSL length. For some reason I'm into shorted braids, especially APL french braids. I also like that my texture at this length, and as many people with wavy or curly hair know, the longer it gets the easier it is to deal with.

Groovy Granny
August 31st, 2019, 09:12 PM
This length is warm, comforting, and sensual, with it covering my entire back and hips; yet can be cooling and cool with it up :flower:

It is easy and fun to style and care for, and shampoo days are the highlight of my week;it is like visiting a spa with luxurious and fragrant hair/bath/body products :heart:

Stray_mind
August 31st, 2019, 11:20 PM
That i can put it in a bun and forget about it. Hahaha. Can't wait to go to waist. APL and BSL is the most awkward length on me.

Katsura
September 1st, 2019, 01:10 AM
I think it's a good length for making a bun, that's pretty much it. I'm closing in on hip length but if there's a slight bun wave I'm still at waist length. Having taper at my hennaed lenghts is a bit of a downer for me, so I don't appreciate that part as much. I don't wear it down or even in a braid next to never. It's so easy to just bun it and forget about it. :D

eresh
September 1st, 2019, 07:51 AM
I like kneelength best on me. So much variaty in buns you can do!
And like SarahLabyrinth, I like that it's a dreamy, romantic, fairytale length
But it is now calflength, I want to see if I can reach ankle :o
Most likely if I get there, I will be cutting back to knee.

MusicalSpoons
September 1st, 2019, 12:34 PM
I expected to be able to come up with something easily, but actually it was quite hard and has taken a while. Most of the things I like about my hair are putting a positive spin on things that are generally regarded as negatives, and not really to do with length. I think I've become a bit bored because I usually only do one or two buns that are variations of a LWB with the same forks all the time because they are sturdy enough for my multiple periods of laying down without worrying about the fork or having to redo the bun. So I'm in a bit of a rut due to external circumstances and feeling a bit 'meh' because this length is not feeling as special as I imagined/hoped it would. And under normal circumstances, wearing my usual clothes, I feel like it barely looks knee so I still feel a fraud.

That said, at knee+ ...
- it's relatively rare where I live, and certainly for a white woman
- it's a kind of 'fantasy' length
- I didn't think it was possible for me
- my buns don't look completely insignificant
- it is somehow still growing
- it's not difficult or time-consuming to take care of it (the time a full wash takes with a long conditioning beforehand is nothing to do with the length)
- I've become more liberal with the amount of conditioner I use yet it still takes months to finish a bottle = nice and cheap!
- I've reached my main big goal (knee)
- I'm into completely unknown territory; it's kind of exciting to see just how far I can grow but I also don't really mind too much what happens
- if I get too annoyed with my hemline after calf length I can cut back (to knee at the shortest) without regrets
- I would like our family hairdresser to cut it at some point, and the thought of asking her to 'cut it just below my knees' makes me giggle, especially as virtually all of her clients have the Standard Issue Old-Lady Cut :lol: [I don't know if I'll be brave enough to, but I like the idea of being certain the hemline isn't wonky, especially as I'll most likely regrow from there.]

Heh, it turned out once I'd vented, it was easier to think of good things :D

Sarahlabyrinth
September 1st, 2019, 12:44 PM
I expected to be able to come up with something easily, but actually it was quite hard and has taken a while. Most of the things I like about my hair are putting a positive spin on things that are generally regarded as negatives, and not really to do with length. I think I've become a bit bored because I usually only do one or two buns that are variations of a LWB with the same forks all the time because they are sturdy enough for my multiple periods of laying down without worrying about the fork or having to redo the bun. So I'm in a bit of a rut due to external circumstances and feeling a bit 'meh' because this length is not feeling as special as I imagined/hoped it would. And under normal circumstances, wearing my usual clothes, I feel like it barely looks knee so I still feel a fraud.

That said, at knee+ ...
- it's relatively rare where I live, and certainly for a white woman
- it's a kind of 'fantasy' length
- I didn't think it was possible for me
- my buns don't look completely insignificant
- it is somehow still growing
- it's not difficult or time-consuming to take care of it (the time a full wash takes with a long conditioning beforehand is nothing to do with the length)
- I've become more liberal with the amount of conditioner I use yet it still takes months to finish a bottle = nice and cheap!
- I've reached my main big goal (knee)
- I'm into completely unknown territory; it's kind of exciting to see just how far I can grow but I also don't really mind too much what happens
- if I get too annoyed with my hemline after calf length I can cut back (to knee at the shortest) without regrets
- I would like our family hairdresser to cut it at some point, and the thought of asking her to 'cut it just below my knees' makes me giggle, especially as virtually all of her clients have the Standard Issue Old-Lady Cut :lol: [I don't know if I'll be brave enough to, but I like the idea of being certain the hemline isn't wonky, especially as I'll most likely regrow from there.]

Heh, it turned out once I'd vented, it was easier to think of good things :D

I'm glad you are feeling better about your hair now. We all (I know I do) have days when we feel down about our hair, but hopefully that doesn't last too long. I was just thinking that if you ever ask your hairdresser to cut to just below your knees, and they cut too much off, you'll be able to roar at them "What part of JUST BELOW THE KNEE did you not understand?" and it made me giggle...

ManeGoal
September 1st, 2019, 01:55 PM
This is a good idea for a thread because I know I struggle with being happy with my hair. The length I have now is what I was dreaming about not but six months ago when I had the hair I'm dreaming about now! The irony of it.
So I will dig down deep and say, I'm happy with chin length because I'm beyond the horrible mullet stage of a pixie grow out, and I'm trying to enjoy the short hair for now because I hope after this it will always be long. I am loving how it is feeling so much healthier with the no heat, good eating, and all the lovely treatments I have discovered on this site! I'm looking forward to my long healthy hair and natural color!

MusicalSpoons
September 1st, 2019, 08:26 PM
I'm glad you are feeling better about your hair now. We all (I know I do) have days when we feel down about our hair, but hopefully that doesn't last too long. I was just thinking that if you ever ask your hairdresser to cut to just below your knees, and they cut too much off, you'll be able to roar at them "What part of JUST BELOW THE KNEE did you not understand?" and it made me giggle...

Thank you :flower: LOL I could even wear shorts or a skirt of the exact length, just so it's Really Clear :laugh:

AutobotsAttack
September 1st, 2019, 08:43 PM
Even at Classic Length my hair is virtually weightless. I absolutely love the fine and feathery texture of my hair. I don’t need scrunchies, sticks, forks, or pins. My hair just stays up on its own. Even at this length when wet it is still very lightweight. I have awesome volume at my roots too which I love.

blackgothicdoll
September 1st, 2019, 09:36 PM
I can use it to tie a noose around my neck, etc.

I guess that's cool but I hope it's just for entertainment purposes :/

cjk
September 1st, 2019, 10:40 PM
I *just* reached a high pony. And the nape is basically long enough to include, if I desire.

https://i.imgur.com/j8iBT9j.jpg

Sarahlabyrinth
September 2nd, 2019, 03:35 AM
That looks awesome, cjk! Your hair is growing so fast.

barnet_fair
September 2nd, 2019, 04:07 AM
I'm in the mid-back abyss, and I have to keep reminding myself that I only haven't hit waist yet because I trimmed off some pre-LHC damaged ends a couple of months ago.

At MBL:

It feels lovely on my back, and I can wear it down around the house without it getting caught in things yet.
LWBs stay up - they didn't at BSL.
Ponytails still work, in a pinch, although they're getting a bit heavy!
Family members say "your hair is getting so long!" and some hint that it's time to cut it. I love to think what they'll say when I still haven't cut it in 2 years' time!
Strangers have started commenting on it, especially when it's in plaits, saying things like "I wish my hair were that long". I hope they realise it's not hard, it just takes some time.
It's still short enough to be able to get away with wearing it loose in windy weather or at night every so often.

Long hair, even WL, is quite uncommon where I live. I love to do things that are a little unexpected and extreme, but not straightforwardly rebellious. I would be so happy if seeing me grow my hair has shown just one person that you don't need to keep going to the hairdresser every 2 months.

unheardletters
September 2nd, 2019, 06:33 AM
My hair is at SL. There are many, many things that I don’t like about this length, but what I do like about it is I can wear it in a ponytail and I can wear it down to sleep without it getting caught underneath me, and I can wear it down.

Milkchocolate
September 3rd, 2019, 09:23 AM
This is going to sound silly but I love watching the shadow of my hair lol. I also love watching it cascade to the side of my body on a windy day :) it makes me feel magical and witchy ❤️

Zesty
September 3rd, 2019, 09:59 AM
I'm at my goal so one would hope I'd love lots of things about this length!

Anyway, things I like about fingertip length:
- it's well into "wow" territory (for most people)
- I like feeling it tickle the tops of my legs
- this is about as long as it can get without having major struggles with reaching the ends
- I can sit on it which is still fun as a concept even if not in practice :p
- I can do every long hair hairstyle I want to do, including a Coronet braid etc
- I feel very feminine and romantic with very long hair

Bess3714
September 3rd, 2019, 10:27 AM
- I feel very feminine and romantic with very long hair

This is part of the reason I like my hair long. I'm generally not very feminine, but sometimes I just want to feel like a girl, and my BSL hair really makes me feel that way! I love that my hair is long enough to play with my curls. Although, I'm probably not helping my ends by doing that, but the way the ends curls are so pretty I just can't resist!

Jas
September 5th, 2019, 12:47 PM
I love this thread!
I'm just past classic now - and I love it! Even sitting on it makes me happy because I'm at a length that is possible - and it's still so new to feel it tug. It might get old after a while but for now it still makes me happy :P

I love that my hair is fine and virtually weightless, at this length I'm glad it's not getting much heavier (although if I'm being picky I would like it just a bit thicker)

I was walking along this morning and had it down which I rarely do - and I saw my shadow on the ground in front of me with the shadow of my hair in the wind and it looked really long and pretty and made me happy.

I have it up a lot for practically reasons and if I let it down I usually get a positive/wow comment or two if I'm around people which is nice.

Mainly, I never thought I could grow this long. This is the longest it's ever been and I'm heading for mid thigh length now! As a child I always wanted really long hair and it's really happening.

Theres probably more but I'll stop there :D

Vulgaris
September 13th, 2019, 02:02 AM
I got more! I think my high ponytail looks nice at the moment. Since it's not very long it doesn't tangle or get in the way. I can also wear the ponytail all day because I don't get a headache. I'm sure when the hair gets longer, it's too heavy for my scalp. And with APL it's still pretty easy to wear hair down if want to.

Aroha
September 13th, 2019, 02:41 AM
I would say my hair is at BSL. I am happy, because it's the longest it's been since I can remember and I somehow feel more "me" when it is long.
I am happy that it is long enough for a bun and that I have actually learnt to make one. I also like wearing it half-up or completely loose, so I like that it is versatile. I like that it is long enough to feel on my skin, so I am looking forward to warmer weather to enjoy that too.

Ylva
September 13th, 2019, 02:29 PM
I am currently about halfway between hip and BCL. Personally, I feel that my hair is quite short at the moment, but I like that

- my buns look surprisingly big anyway - not sure why because my hair isn't particularly thick
- not having time to wash my hair isn't the end of the world as long as I wear it in a bun
- it gives off a strong "nature's child" vibe when in a braid in particular
- it's long enough to feel like me
- it makes me feel powerful (note: has nothing to do with femininity in my case)
- leaving it loose to dry is still quite okay

S&S
September 13th, 2019, 03:45 PM
I like that it finally covers my boobs :lol::heartbeat

Vulgaris
September 14th, 2019, 02:27 AM
I like that it finally covers my boobs :lol::heartbeat

This is one of my hair goals! :p

Vulgaris
September 14th, 2019, 02:36 AM
I am happy that it is long enough for a bun and that I have actually learnt to make one

Same here! ^__^ Although I know how to make a bun, it's not very pretty and it doesn't hold very well (yet). :grin: But it's better than nothing and I'm so glad I can do it instead of a "man bun" (you pull ponytail in a half way in to a loop) because my length is too long for that to keep my hair completely out of the away.

Hasse
September 14th, 2019, 03:32 AM
I'm now at CBL+ and I like that
- I can still wear pigtails and they look cute too
- I like the feel of hair ends on my shoulders, as it's too short to stay put in front of or behind my shoulders
- my braids have a fun length
- I can wear it loose without it getting in the way too much (unless it's windy)

Xan
September 14th, 2019, 04:28 AM
It's close to classic after a 5" chop from last year yea longer and healthier we go. Grow grow grow. Hope everyone reaches their goals.:)

Laurelin
September 14th, 2019, 12:08 PM
- I learned the true meaning of the word 'patience'
- it looks healthy
- I already felt happy with my hair when at hiplength but now bcl+ makes me feel even happier with the length than I already was (I was stuck at hip for a loooong time)
- I feels very feminine and goodlooking with my hair loose :o
- I get compliments on it from my family
- less washing :p which means less need to buy conditioner often ;)
- it's a warm blanket or warm scarf in the winter

Vulgaris
October 30th, 2019, 01:19 PM
- I learned the true meaning of the word 'patience'
- it looks healthy

Oh yes! These last few months have truly learned me to be patient. :P Last year I cut about 10 cm/ 5 inc of my hair and even though I sometimes think how long my hair would be without that cut I'm still really happy I did it. Now my hemline looks good and my hair looks healthy! I had so much layers so the cut was a good call.

leayellena
October 30th, 2019, 01:54 PM
It's classic length but I will officially call it a bit before x-mas. I can finally do a nautilus without any hair toys

RunOnCaffeine
October 30th, 2019, 01:58 PM
I love that it's the longest it's ever been, that it covers my boobs and that it's much easier to deal with as it gets longer.

Laurenhope29
October 30th, 2019, 02:07 PM
My hair recently hit BSL again after chopping to just below shoulder in March, and i finally feel comfortable with the length again!
-I have fun experimenting with different hairstyles
-I can wear it down a lot and it doesn't really get in the way yet
-This is the healthiest my hair has been in a looong time

H o n є y ❤
October 30th, 2019, 06:55 PM
When I straighten my hair I get to wear short cuts such as this one:

https://therighthairstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/2-side-parted-short-brunette-hairstyle.jpg

I loves this hairstyle. I do want my hair to get longer but when it does I will miss these haircuts.

Begemot
October 31st, 2019, 04:36 AM
I like how my hair starts to cover my shoulders and the ends touch my arms. It feels somehow comforting, like a blankie.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 31st, 2019, 04:47 AM
I like that at it's current length (lower calf) it's still easy to care for, quick to detangle, gives me big buns and is still growing.

ZoeZ
October 31st, 2019, 09:44 AM
When I straighten my hair I get to wear short cuts such as this one:

https://therighthairstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/2-side-parted-short-brunette-hairstyle.jpg

I loves this hairstyle. I do want my hair to get longer but when it does I will miss these haircuts.

I see your point with that hairstyle: it really looks lovely on you. But I can also visualize lovely braided buns on you as well, with that beautiful hair.

pinkypoo
October 31st, 2019, 11:58 AM
I've been maintaining at a length where I don't accidentally sit on my hair and and get my head whipped back :lol: At some point I'd like to continue growing but for now I enjoy the more full hemline and it not being so much in the way.

AutobotsAttack
October 31st, 2019, 12:07 PM
Currently upper thigh length. I just like this length because its the longest its ever been. Super fluffy, long, and full of volume.

sailormars
November 5th, 2019, 02:55 PM
I had to give my hair a big chop to SL because it was really unhealthy. Growing it out to my goal (BCL) is tedious and slow but I am really loving how healthy my hair is and looks right now. I like that at the current length (in between APL and BSL), I can do some hair styles but it's still short enough to get too tangled.

Twig
November 5th, 2019, 04:41 PM
It lays better, and I can more easily protect the ends.

Milady_DeWinter
November 6th, 2019, 01:18 AM
It feels long for the first time in ages, at least since I joined. I had waist-hip hair for years before, but since I started growing long with this forum it felt short until I hit BCL+/TBL. It is also more healthy and the natural curls are coming back and more and more defined, because the dyes are dissapearing with every little trim.

I can also achieve new styles; being my hair extra thick I achieve the buns that need more lenght way later. I still can't do a celtic bun... Hope to be able by next year, when I'll hit classic at last :)

I also like to feel it over my bum while showering, as weird as it sound :rolling:

hannabiss
November 8th, 2019, 05:29 PM
It looks very flattering to my face at this length. Not too short to where my face looks fat and not too long where my face looks long.

Spikey
November 8th, 2019, 08:40 PM
It's long enough that when I get cold, I can just take my bun out and my hair covers my upper arms all the way down to the elbows. It's warm enough that I can forgo a jacket for shorter trips now. Who knew?

bparnell75
November 9th, 2019, 11:20 AM
I like that at it's current length (lower calf) it's still easy to care for, quick to detangle, gives me big buns and is still growing.

Sarah, do you use any special Product to make it easy to detangle? My hair is terrible about tangling. Just changing directions with hair from one shoulder to the other tangles it.

Vulgaris
November 9th, 2019, 11:39 AM
It's long enough that when I get cold, I can just take my bun out and my hair covers my upper arms all the way down to the elbows. It's warm enough that I can forgo a jacket for shorter trips now. Who knew?

That's pretty practical. :thumbsup: :D

MusicalSpoons
November 9th, 2019, 12:20 PM
For certain buns, I might have just about grown into a Mega/XXL flexi - AND my behemoth MapleBurl no longer looks completely ridiculous, to the point that I've actually worn it out once! :thud: Both things I *NEVER* thought would ever happen, even if I somehow managed to grow to ankle :grin:

The-Young-Maid
November 9th, 2019, 12:24 PM
I like that when brushed out my hair looks nice and long, but when braided its short enough to stay out of the way... mostly lol

GlacierLacie
November 9th, 2019, 02:42 PM
my current length is waist length, i like that its long enough to keep me warm if im cold.

Liz_H
November 9th, 2019, 07:48 PM
It looks pretty and feminine. I like the feel of it in my hands. I like the feel of it on my bare skin. It's easy to keep up in a simple bun around the house. I just like my hair!

PS It's also a lot easier to care for, particularly since I can go so long between washes.

Laurab
November 9th, 2019, 08:46 PM
I'm growing out from a bob, it's the longest it's been in years! Super weird for me, but things I like:
-It's long enough to fit most of it into a ponytail
-I'm doing a better job maintaining it than when I last had it long, so it's looking nicer (I use to go to bed with wet hair every night lol)
-When you have super short hair people always ask why, I like not having to explain my hair length
-It doesn't take a super long time to detangle
-Dries faster than if it was longer

I think it's kind of tough to enjoy the in-between phases, but I'm trying!

Faraniel
November 10th, 2019, 02:48 AM
I wish it was longer (I'm at the right website then). I had to cut a lot because of damage (hair dye). In a perfect world my hair would be to my hips but even back in the day when I didn't dye my hair it only went to my waist so we'll see.

Vulgaris
November 10th, 2019, 03:13 AM
I'm growing out from a bob, it's the longest it's been in years! Super weird for me, but things I like:
-It's long enough to fit most of it into a ponytail
-I'm doing a better job maintaining it than when I last had it long, so it's looking nicer (I use to go to bed with wet hair every night lol)
-When you have super short hair people always ask why, I like not having to explain my hair length
-It doesn't take a super long time to detangle
-Dries faster than if it was longer

I think it's kind of tough to enjoy the in-between phases, but I'm trying!

I think my hair looks nicer, too than it used to. Or at least much thicker. :) My mom visited couple months ago. I met her at the railway station and I was wearing double French braid. My mother doesn't often comment my hair (or my looks, I think she doesn't want me to think looks is everything) but that time she immediately grabbed my braids and said: "These are so thick! You never had so thick hair or maybe as a child, I'm not sure." I think some of the reasons for my thickness are that I don't have bangs anymore and no layers. But I'm also sure it's healthier and I don't use silicone conditioner that flats my hair. I used to have bad hair habits when I was younger so now it is really interesting to see if my hair grows past BSL which it never did before.

Rapunzelroberts
November 10th, 2019, 04:53 AM
I can easily braid my hair, or put into bun. I can jz leave them open, helps in good selfie collection. I like to move my fingers through them. Feels good.

SpottedBackson
November 17th, 2019, 02:55 PM
I can feel my hair on by bum!! If I tilt my head back really really far...

elise.autumn
November 17th, 2019, 06:53 PM
I can instantly feel like a dryad by letting down my hair.

And for a medium thickness (3") and large taper, I'm thankful that my hair isn't too heavy on my head. (I need to remind myself of the benefits of thinner hair, since I can slip into sadness by admiring some of the superthick haired girls here.)

ExpectoPatronum
November 17th, 2019, 06:54 PM
I like that it's long enough to put up but not too long that it gets in the way (yet)

earl grey
November 17th, 2019, 07:39 PM
I can put my hair up in a bun at last!

kikuhoshi
November 17th, 2019, 08:32 PM
It is finally at the length where, when I decide to wear it down, people actually call it "long". I work at a preschool, and all of the kids think I have Princess/Elsa/Rapunzel hair (except for my one sweetpea who says I have "unicorn hair". I'll take it).

Krissycats
November 17th, 2019, 09:26 PM
I love feeling it on my arms and back. I like looking down and being able to see it when it is in front of my shoulders.

RunOnCaffeine
November 18th, 2019, 04:29 AM
It is finally at the length where, when I decide to wear it down, people actually call it "long". I work at a preschool, and all of the kids think I have Princess/Elsa/Rapunzel hair (except for my one sweetpea who says I have "unicorn hair". I'll take it).

Unicorn hair is the cutest thing I've ever heard!

0xalis
November 22nd, 2019, 12:38 AM
I think it's cute, I've gotten quite a few compliments on it. It's also very easy to deal with. But, unlike a pixie, or the overgrown "skater boy" hair I had before, it flows in a way that reminds me more of longer hair.
I'm also just happy to finally have a blunt hemline, so I can just leave it alone and let it grow!

LittleHealthy
November 22nd, 2019, 04:06 AM
At this length I can do basically any style I want, without it being too short OR too long.

shelomit
November 22nd, 2019, 09:41 AM
I did a decent-sized trim last week am now back to upper thigh. I always really enjoy having an even hemline, and this time there's the added benefit of seeing way fewer split ends in the ends of my braids! But I still have plenty of hair to put up into a nice fat bun : )

giraff
December 2nd, 2019, 05:49 PM
I love that I can finally put up my hair without getting so much loose hair in the neck. I also love that my layers are growing out, and braids are looking decent with less weird pieces sticking out. I've even sported a crown braid for half a day!

soldierssong
December 2nd, 2019, 05:53 PM
I don't even know how long my hair is, it's below BSL, but not to hips.
I like this length cause it gives me hope my hair can one day reach my goal!
I love feeling it on my arms and back too. It feels kinda goddess-y.

BethiBerries
December 2nd, 2019, 11:35 PM
my hair is about waist length (maybe a tad shorter) and I really like it because I don't have to worry about it irritating my eczema

Vulgaris
December 3rd, 2019, 01:32 AM
I put my hair in a high ponytail after a long time (few months) and it looked longer. ^___^ I was kinda amazed how long it feels when wear it in a high ponytail. :)

Siv
December 3rd, 2019, 02:00 AM
It's super easy to bun these days. Before it would just slip out, but finally I have enough wrap arounds to get the buns to stay up more than a couple of hours!

bparnell75
December 3rd, 2019, 10:23 AM
I can do every bun that I have the skill to do. There is always enough hair.

TatsuOni
December 3rd, 2019, 11:28 AM
I can easily make a coronet braid.

Zesty
December 3rd, 2019, 04:25 PM
It's a bit hard to judge without being able to see, but it *feels* like my hair is at mid thigh when soaking wet in the shower.

shelomit
December 3rd, 2019, 04:54 PM
I can make two braids and loop each of them completely around my head if I want to pin them up : D That's more of a special-occasion thing, though. Day-in day-out, I find it this is a very convenient amount of hair for making buns. It adds up to a nice big bun that is easy to tie a scarf around.

Arciela
December 3rd, 2019, 05:35 PM
It is still fairly easy to wash, I suppose that's a plus. It doesn't get stuck in everything quite yet also.

Jools69
July 20th, 2020, 03:07 AM
I like how my hair is at its ever longest (MBL) and still growing.

I like how my careful nurturing is showing how vibrant my natural colour is and how my hair shines.

I like how I can feel the length and weight of my hair down my back, when I change or bathe.

I like how my hair is long enough to try different styles, eg. buns with sticks.

I like how I can use different hair toys to decorate my hair.

I like checking my hair length in the mirror - vain, I know, but I don’t care! :cool:

Bat
July 20th, 2020, 04:10 AM
I like the colors I dyed it , my side shave is now a number no.1 buzz (I think) and it feels soft to the touch instead of like sand paper, I like that I can make a small half ponytail

Sarahlabyrinth
July 20th, 2020, 06:39 AM
I like that it's an uncommon length. Uncommon probably anywhere except on LHC. :)

Belgrade Beauty
July 20th, 2020, 07:13 AM
It's not hard to handle, enough for a cinnamon bun and a great pony tail (my two fav styles) . Easy to wash and braid. :)

Lucy McLucyFace
July 20th, 2020, 10:57 AM
I love that I can just put it up with a stick and go about my business. Never felt this much freedom with my hair before

SnowDancer
July 20th, 2020, 02:32 PM
I like that my hair is getting long enough to pull the curls down a bit. It's looking much nicer nowadays.

Ylva
July 20th, 2020, 07:26 PM
My previous reply in this thread seems to be from 10 months ago, so I suppose I could update!

Now, at pretty solid TBL, my hair has finally started to feel long again. In about a month, it will be the longest it's ever been, which will be even more exciting. So I feel like after many setbacks, I am finally able to start making visible progress again.

Trichypixie
July 21st, 2020, 12:07 AM
I like that my pixie length is growing out just enough I can see my curls coming out again.

0xalis
July 21st, 2020, 12:17 AM
I currently have a chin length bob, all one length, no layers or bangs. The ends curl up and make it look closer to "labiomental groove" length though! Wavy hair likes to do that.

I very recently got it cut. Before my hair had a lot of layers, and despite the fact that it was longer, I really despised the way it looked. In some weird roundabout way my hair almost "feels longer" now that it is all one length. I think it's more that I'm surprised I had enough hair to get this particular haircut. It looks like the kind of cut you get when you chop back from shoulder or longer because you got tired of having long hair. It no longer looks like I'm growing out a buzz cut, I look and feel like I have an intentional and cute hairstyle.

I love the way it frames my face and the blunt hemline. Having no layers makes my fine thin-ish hair look fuller and thicker. At this length that does take away from my waves a bit, but that's something I'm willing to sacrifice. Nothing wrong with straight hair! This is also historically one of my favorite haircuts, I've gotten it cut this way probably 6 times in my 24-year-long life. It has never disappointed me. It looks so cute and stylish.
It's short but still long enough to flow in a similar way to long hair, it looks and feels so nice when I shake my head! I can still put it in a ponytail, the hairs at the bottom near my neck that don't fit don't bother me because even before I cut it that was still an issue. Half-ups look really good at this length too.
All in all the bob is a classic timeless haircut that is popular for all the right reasons, and I feel so confident now that I actually like my hair again. This will definitely combat the impatience to get it longer, in fact I'm a little sad that it won't be like this forever! But I have neither the money nor skill to maintain this haircut, and I still want long hair ;)
It's also really nice that all my hair will reach milestones at the same time instead of "reaching" the milestones at my longest layers but waiting for the shorter sides to catch up to feel like I'm able to "call it".

AutobotsAttack
July 21st, 2020, 12:54 AM
Mine is more of bragging rights I guess, but it’s rare you find someone of African heritage, with relaxed hair as long as mine. Otherwise, I just like my hair at this length because it’s the longest it’s ever been. I’ll continue to like my hair at a new length milestone because it’ll be the longest it’s ever been at that length, and so on.

Feral_
July 21st, 2020, 03:36 AM
That it is getting long enough to be slightly bothersome if I don’t do stuff with it like buns and plaits.

E.g. Yesterday I had to give my dog some medicated paste in a tube squirted directly into his mouth. In the process I got some of it in the ends of my hair as I was bent over. Stuff like that makes me realise it’s stealthily growing.

0xalis
July 21st, 2020, 03:52 AM
That it is getting long enough to be slightly bothersome if I don’t do stuff with it like buns and plaits.

E.g. Yesterday I had to give my dog some medicated paste in a tube squirted directly into his mouth. In the process I got some of it in the ends of my hair as I was bent over. Stuff like that makes me realise it’s stealthily growing.

That is one hell of a milestone! :rollin:

Suortuva
July 21st, 2020, 03:59 AM
My hair is maybe an inch from BSL and it's the longest it has been as adult and I like how I can feel it in my back.

barnet_fair
July 21st, 2020, 05:58 AM
I posted in this thread 10 months ago when I was at MBL, so like Ylva, it's time for my next update! Many congratulations, by the way, Ylva, for overcoming the setbacks along the way and approaching your longest length ever. How exciting!

I'm brushing HL and will probably call it in a month or so. When I joined LHC I adopted most of the classic LHC practices and wore protective styles all the time, and then slowly relaxed as I got to know my hair better. So at MBL I was still wearing protective styles at night, which I never do now.

What I love about almost-HL:

It falls beautifully around the shoulders and arms, and frames the waist. This is how I expected it to look at WL, but it didn't "look WL" to me until it was a few inches past that milestone.
For the first time ever, it's long enough to show colour variation: I have always considered my hair dark brown and "all one colour", but now the ends show an auburn undertone which is particularly obvious in buns.
I can practise yoga with my hair loose. I just love doing this. It's easy to flip it out of the way (or just let it fall) and not step on it. (I expect this will not work for all hair types or yoga types...)
Two plaits works well as a hairstyle for all forms of exercise. They don't get in the way too much yet.
It feels long!

Having spent most of my life short-haired and without many major changes in my body, growing my hair (and wearing it down most of the time) feels like slowly acquiring an extra limb, as well as an expression of inner power and vitality.

Note to future self: if you find longer lengths unmanageable and want to cut back, try this length again!

lapushka
July 21st, 2020, 06:26 AM
The most important "perk" for me about classic length is that, for me, it is so easy to maintain. And the buns I get out of it, are very nice!

chaskmin
July 21st, 2020, 07:14 AM
My hair is short enough to put up very quickly and with little hassle, but long enough to find its natural waves again. Plus I can put it in protective styles easily (no large chunks falling out of braids!). My hair is about halfway between shoulder length and APL.

emmacarol
July 21st, 2020, 07:35 AM
My hair recently got to TB length and I really like the way I can just barely feel it brushing the top of my butt when its down :D

I also like the way my buns look now that my hair is longer.

Ylva
July 21st, 2020, 08:34 AM
I posted in this thread 10 months ago when I was at MBL, so like Ylva, it's time for my next update! Many congratulations, by the way, Ylva, for overcoming the setbacks along the way and approaching your longest length ever. How exciting!

Thank you kindly! :) Congrats to you as well for getting to call hip so soon! It's a very pleasant length for sure; one of those that is definitely long but not yet bothersomely long!

Pouncequick
July 21st, 2020, 08:41 AM
I like that it feels so long now. My hair is currently at the best condition it's ever been and nearly the longest it's ever been. I really enjoy that buns are more stable than they were at waist length and I can easily wrap two braids around my head for a prettier every day style.

Jools69
July 21st, 2020, 09:11 AM
I currently have a chin length bob, all one length, no layers or bangs. The ends curl up and make it look closer to "labiomental groove" length though! Wavy hair likes to do that.

I very recently got it cut. Before my hair had a lot of layers, and despite the fact that it was longer, I really despised the way it looked. In some weird roundabout way my hair almost "feels longer" now that it is all one length. I think it's more that I'm surprised I had enough hair to get this particular haircut. It looks like the kind of cut you get when you chop back from shoulder or longer because you got tired of having long hair. It no longer looks like I'm growing out a buzz cut, I look and feel like I have an intentional and cute hairstyle.

I love the way it frames my face and the blunt hemline. Having no layers makes my fine thin-ish hair look fuller and thicker. At this length that does take away from my waves a bit, but that's something I'm willing to sacrifice. Nothing wrong with straight hair! This is also historically one of my favorite haircuts, I've gotten it cut this way probably 6 times in my 24-year-long life. It has never disappointed me. It looks so cute and stylish.
It's short but still long enough to flow in a similar way to long hair, it looks and feels so nice when I shake my head! I can still put it in a ponytail, the hairs at the bottom near my neck that don't fit don't bother me because even before I cut it that was still an issue. Half-ups look really good at this length too.
All in all the bob is a classic timeless haircut that is popular for all the right reasons, and I feel so confident now that I actually like my hair again. This will definitely combat the impatience to get it longer, in fact I'm a little sad that it won't be like this forever! But I have neither the money nor skill to maintain this haircut, and I still want long hair ;)
It's also really nice that all my hair will reach milestones at the same time instead of "reaching" the milestones at my longest layers but waiting for the shorter sides to catch up to feel like I'm able to "call it".

I love bob cuts. It was one of my first hairstyle in my teens in the 80s. It’s short enough to leave as it is and long enough to play with. ;)

Enjoy growing it out! :)

sipnsun
July 24th, 2020, 05:51 AM
I like that my hair is finally long enough to wear hair toys and experiment with different updos (hello nautilus bun)!

Bri-Chan
July 24th, 2020, 06:16 AM
I like that my hair is finally long enough to wear hair toys and experiment with different updos (hello nautilus bun)!

Wow, I'm not able to do that yet!

AnyaWK
July 24th, 2020, 07:38 AM
I am happy my hair is at this length because its easier to handle after a shower...easier to detangle and wear it down....but would want to grow it further...

SwanFeathers
July 24th, 2020, 09:45 AM
After 6 years, I can finally get it to bun securely consistently! I am able to throw it up and not worry about it, then take it out and enjoy it when I want. Never going shorter than hip again.

CuteCrow
July 25th, 2020, 04:37 AM
I like that it's finally long enough to get it all out of my face and my neck

LadyLongLocks
July 25th, 2020, 07:20 AM
I am at floor length/71" and honestly I like this length because I can pick where I want to trim it back. I have reached every goal in the last 15 years.
Longest being 86" which was 15" past floor. So having this extra length gives me room to trim a little or a lot.

Kathie
August 2nd, 2020, 03:53 AM
I like that I can easily wear my hair out, it doesn't tangle with movement, and I can easily move my part around during the day to create volume.

BuddhaBelle
August 2nd, 2020, 04:41 AM
I like that I can finally push my fringe behind my ears, I can even wear a high ponytail with my fringe included!

It's long enough that when I wear a ponytail I can pull my hair over my shoulder too. Finally at APL!

Bat
August 2nd, 2020, 05:54 AM
I like that it barely moves, at all, even in the wind, though that might be a bad thing to lol

BuddhaBelle
August 2nd, 2020, 06:17 AM
I like that it barely moves, at all, even in the wind, though that might be a bad thing to lol

soooooo jealous! mine won't stay in place by just walking down the stairs

Hellebore
August 2nd, 2020, 08:23 AM
I can do all sorts of buns that can stay put with a single hair stick.

BuddhaBelle
August 2nd, 2020, 09:02 AM
I can do all sorts of buns that can stay put with a single hair stick.

Please can I have your hair? please? :cheer:

BuddhaBelle
August 2nd, 2020, 09:08 AM
oh, i have another one! i can change my parting WHENEVER i want

Jane99
August 2nd, 2020, 09:48 AM
It’s long enough that I can do 3 different buns!! I had been using a claw clip to keep it up for I don’t know how many years... putting it up, adjusting it, taking it down, putting it back up... it’s so nice to be able to put it up and leave it alone all day long. And it looks good! Or at least good enough for me :)

Bat
August 2nd, 2020, 03:53 PM
soooooo jealous! mine won't stay in place by just walking down the stairs

I'd rather have that mines too bleach damaged to have much movement

Jo Ann
August 2nd, 2020, 08:30 PM
One week after chopping from WL on the left side and HL on the right side (don't ask :tmi: ) to BSL, I can do a LWB! I feel myself again with my "signature" bun :cheese:

Briar.Rose
August 2nd, 2020, 09:04 PM
My hair is at tailbone length in layers I like the way it drapes over my shoulders I is getting healthier and thicker

TwilightMermaid
August 2nd, 2020, 10:42 PM
oh, i have another one! i can change my parting WHENEVER i want

Ah, same! No tangled ends from parting here :cool:

I also love that I can put my hair in a bun without any pieces stick out.

Xlena
August 2nd, 2020, 11:41 PM
I love how easy to manage it is now that it's quite long :D

Simsy
August 3rd, 2020, 04:37 AM
I love how easy to manage it is now that it's quite long :D

This ☝️
My hair has never been so simple, played so nicely, just been so nice.

Dark40
August 12th, 2020, 08:30 PM
Right now I'm liking the fact that my current length is longer, and I'm really looking forward to it getting a lot longer in the near future.

Kathie
August 12th, 2020, 08:48 PM
I have some more to add about this length...

1. Its so lite! I only really noticed that for a few hours after my cuts. But still, it felt nice.
2. I don't need to worry about my hair when I pull a top on or put something on my shoulder. It was weird when I got above shoulder length and noticed that when I put a top on there is no extra step! No pulling my hair through.

SelenVinland
August 12th, 2020, 09:43 PM
Tangle WHO? Don't know her.

(I get some tangles of course, but they're easy to deal with and nothing like I remember from when I had longer hair.)

ynne
August 12th, 2020, 11:47 PM
I enjoy that:

I can place my ponytail or a simple bun higher than at the nape, and most of the hair stays in it! :)
A single claw clip can still hold all of it.
I can wear it down and it doesn't get in a way.

Jools69
August 13th, 2020, 03:22 AM
I like how my hair is at its ever longest (MBL) and still growing.

I like how my careful nurturing is showing how vibrant my natural colour is and how my hair shines.

I like how I can feel the length and weight of my hair down my back, when I change or bathe.

I like how my hair is long enough to try different styles, eg. buns with sticks.

I like how I can use different hair toys to decorate my hair.

I like checking my hair length in the mirror - vain, I know, but I don’t care! :cool:

To add to the above list, l like how my hair sometimes flicks out and upwards at the bottom of my long ponytail.:)

Siv
August 13th, 2020, 03:34 AM
I've been getting into the slicked back, low bun style recently and it's sooo easy to do with really long hair!

SnowSpot
August 13th, 2020, 02:55 PM
It’s longer than ever before, almost at WL. It’s quite long already even with braid waves.

The ends are in a pretty good shape, no obvious horrible lifelessness or a billion split ends.

It’s soft. :)

meepster
August 13th, 2020, 08:56 PM
It is finally long enough to kinda sorta put in a ridiculous looking ponytail.

Alexandrina
August 14th, 2020, 12:08 AM
It is finally long enough to kinda sorta put in a ridiculous looking ponytail.

All right! The first step in all the hair styles you will one day be able to do! :D

Alexandrina
August 14th, 2020, 12:09 AM
It’s longer than ever before, almost at WL. It’s quite long already even with braid waves.

The ends are in a pretty good shape, no obvious horrible lifelessness or a billion split ends.

It’s soft. :)

This is something I'm striving for, ends in good shape! Sooo important for how hair looks overall, I think.

Alexandrina
August 14th, 2020, 12:09 AM
I've been getting into the slicked back, low bun style recently and it's sooo easy to do with really long hair!

OMG buns are SO much easier to do the longer your hair gets, I agree.

Fethenwen
August 18th, 2020, 05:19 AM
I have hoovered around BSL and waist for quite a while now. And came to the conclusion that I like my hair the most at BSL. I am actually not that much of a bun person (other than to sleep in), and not into eloborate braid hairdos, because often my bangs make these do's a bit difficult.

Ok, IF my face would look good with long straight hair, hair pulled back without bangs. Then I could actually sport much longer hair.
Just had to realize that my face shape can't really pull off crazy long hair, I never wear it down when it gets too long :shrug:

Feral_
August 18th, 2020, 07:25 AM
Fethenwen I think maybe you are being a bit hard on yourself.. from the pic of your hair on the rye flour thread it looked quite lovely.

I suit a fringe as I scowl too much and have those ‘11’ lines between my quite thick eyebrows :rolleyes:

Jools69
August 18th, 2020, 09:16 AM
I have hoovered around BSL and waist for quite a while now. And came to the conclusion that I like my hair the most at BSL. I am actually not that much of a bun person (other than to sleep in), and not into eloborate braid hairdos, because often my bangs make these do's a bit difficult.

Ok, IF my face would look good with long straight hair, hair pulled back without bangs. Then I could actually sport much longer hair.
Just had to realize that my face shape can't really pull off crazy long hair, I never wear it down when it gets too long :shrug:

PMFeral_
Re: What do you like about your current hair length?

Fethenwen I think maybe you are being a bit hard on yourself.. from the pic of your hair on the rye flour thread it looked quite lovely.

I suit a fringe as I scowl too much and have those ‘11’ lines between my quite thick eyebrows

I agree with Feral. I think it’s easy for us to be hypercritical of ourselves. What I’ve learnt is what we see about ourselves, people don’t tend to see it in the same way. I have a long rectangular face shape and a high, broad forehead with a soft M-shape hairline. When I look back at pictures of myself from years ago when I thought I looked ugly with long hair with a fringe, I actually looked ok.

Fethenwen
August 19th, 2020, 05:18 AM
I agree with Feral. I think it’s easy for us to be hypercritical of ourselves. What I’ve learnt is what we see about ourselves, people don’t tend to see it in the same way. I have a long rectangular face shape and a high, broad forehead with a soft M-shape hairline. When I look back at pictures of myself from years ago when I thought I looked ugly with long hair with a fringe, I actually looked ok.

I suit a fringe as I scowl too much and have those ‘11’ lines between my quite thick eyebrows :rolleyes:
Thanks, yeah I guess I can be a bit hypercritical about my looks. I have a long face as well.

Well, yesterday I did get a new cut, and this was more drastic. She gave me what I asked for, which was "shag layers", I am super happy about how it turned out! It looks really nice on wavy hair, as this haircut is meant to be a bit wild.

I should post a picture as soon as I get to taking one.

Perhaps I will grow it long and uniform one day again, but as for now I felt I needed some change.

Bat
August 21st, 2020, 05:12 PM
It's nice that it covers the bottom of my neck and keeps it warm during Winter, my hairs been short for so long Ive forgotten how it feels

embee
August 22nd, 2020, 05:39 AM
What do I like about this length (terminal, just about classic)? Oooh.. It's not too long for me to take care of, and it's long enough to go into several bun styles that are easy to do and rather secure. I've never been so comfy with my hair before, and I've lived A Long Time (over 70 years). :D

(What do I feel sad about? It's no longer thick enough to make a good braid for coronet updo. BooPout.)

Dark40
August 22nd, 2020, 12:48 PM
I've just now learned that my ponytail is getting longer! :joy:

Dark40
August 22nd, 2020, 01:05 PM
What do I like about this length (terminal, just about classic)? Oooh.. It's not too long for me to take care of, and it's long enough to go into several bun styles that are easy to do and rather secure. I've never been so comfy with my hair before, and I've lived A Long Time (over 70 years). :D

(What do I feel sad about? It's no longer thick enough to make a good braid for coronet updo. BooPout.)

Oh yeah, I bet you can do a lot at that length! That's what I love about classic length or longer hair. There are so many buns and styles you can wear it. Wow, you have lived A Long Time (over 70 years). :D Congratulations! Ahhh yeah, I bet it is sad that it's no longer thick enough to make a good braid for coronet updo. That's the only thing that saddens me about us aging. I'm beginning to age at 48 going on 49 in a month or so. But I've noticed that even though I'm beginning to age my hair is still thick for some really nice hair styles. My mother is 74, and her hair is at BSL still very thick! Before my grandmother passed away she also had thick BSL hair too! But when she got into her early 100s my aunt stopped taking good care of her hair, and it broke off. Or, shortened up to SL. :(

embee
August 22nd, 2020, 03:54 PM
That's cool about your family having thicker hair. Mine has never been thick, just barely average. So thinning has been quite a sad thing. But It's still good to have long hair - after all, thin and long is better than thin and short! :)

Bat
August 22nd, 2020, 08:45 PM
another good thing with neck length is that it fits in the cling wrap without me really having to twist it up, for when I do oil treatments

Carrie's hair
September 11th, 2020, 02:29 AM
That's cool about your family having thicker hair. Mine has never been thick, just barely average. So thinning has been quite a sad thing. But It's still good to have long hair - after all, thin and long is better than thin and short! :)
For me, thin and long hair is admirable. All the more CL! It is not easy to grow them. You need to be more patient and caring.

fieldsofflowers
November 11th, 2020, 09:06 PM
My hair is very fluffy and "twirly" (that's the best word I can use to describe it. It flips and floats around my head when I move) when it's this length and has braid waves. I love it!