PDA

View Full Version : Routine hair care

Elisa333
August 24th, 2019, 11:38 AM
Hi everyone, I would like to have advice and tips about my weekly hair care . I mix extra virgin olive oil with castor. I dont heat it up because if the nutrients. I massage it 15 min and put a hot towel on my hair for 6 hours.

After that I shampoo my hair with naturel shampoo and mix condioner with olive oil leave it for 15 min and rinse it out.

Also feel free to share your own weekly hair care.

Kalamazoo
August 24th, 2019, 12:03 PM
Hi Elisa! Welcome to LHC! :waving:

If you're happy with how your hair's behaving, then keep doing what you're doing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Personally, I'm trying to grow my hair fast :whip: by mostly natural methods right now, & I'm journaling my journey on that other thread, "Does eating peppermint grow hair faster?" https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=150332

MusicalSpoons
August 24th, 2019, 12:38 PM
Welcome to the forum! :D

That's one tiny part of your hair routine :wink: but it sounds good, if your hair likes it! The rest of your routine is much more important, such as:
How do you wear your hair in the day? How do you wear it at night? (And what is your pillowcase made of?)
How do you comb/brush, and how often?
What is your hair like at the moment? (Straight/wavy/curly, how long?)
Do you use heat or dye or any other chemical process that changes the structure of your hair?
How often do you trim or cut?

My routine (copy and pasted from my profile):
Buns 99.5% of the time; otherwise an equally protective style - length up and out of harm's way.

Mix of full washes (~once a week) and scalp washes; the scalp requires attention every two days in order to look presentable but if I'm not going anywhere I won't bother.

(*Very* occasional use of cornflour as dry shampoo if I'm really desperate.)

Some water-soluble silicones in conditioner, but otherwise sulphate- and silicone-free

Double conditioning - CWC, with rinse-out oil in between. I leave the first C on for at least an hour before getting in the shower.

Wide-toothed wooden comb to detangle, once every day or two.

Sleeping on satin pillowcase with hair contained in satin.

I'm currently no-trimming (cut off ~1 inch at the turn of the year) partly because I can get away with it and mostly because I'm too lazy to trim :lol:

I occasionally do an oil treatment if I feel like it, maybe 4-6 times a year at most. I have the energy to do it a bit more often now that I'm not working, but it's more to feel like I'm doing something nice for my hair rather than for any actual hair benefits!

RottenMango
August 24th, 2019, 02:04 PM
I shampoo and deep condition every three days. In between, I cowash every single day. After washing, I apply a leave in conditioner and serum.

lapushka
August 24th, 2019, 03:08 PM
Hi everyone, I would like to have advice and tips about my weekly hair care . I mix extra virgin olive oil with castor. I dont heat it up because if the nutrients. I massage it 15 min and put a hot towel on my hair for 6 hours.

After that I shampoo my hair with naturel shampoo and mix condioner with olive oil leave it for 15 min and rinse it out.

Also feel free to share your own weekly hair care.

Welcome to the forum. :waving:

Have a fun time reading up on various things (I recommend it, and it goes for every newbie).

Wendyclaire
August 26th, 2019, 03:39 PM
I wash about two x a week with shampoo. I will let it dry naturally or use a low heat/cool hair dryer. I use argon oil or gel. I don’t believe putting hair up is protective in any way but I don’t want extreme long hair. I don’t use conditioner as I think brushing my hair releases natural oils thru my hair. I do wash out type of color every few months. Pretty simple for me!